INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.253 beta available  (Read 3803 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.253 beta available
« on: September 17, 2003, 01:51:24 pm »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is BETA software.  There are still some known (and unknown) bugs.  

The latest known stable version of 9.1 beta is here:      
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe      

The latest build of 9.1 beta is here:      
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91253.exe

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:
1. Fixed: Image overlay caption was not being saved between sessions.
2. Changed: "Disable transitions on manual image changes" now checked by default for image playback.
3. Fixed: After deleting an image while watching a slideshow, the keyboard focus could be lost.
4. Changed: Some tweaks to small icons image.
5. Fixed: Search wizard "Add Keyword" menu wasn't being sorted.
6. NEW: Added [Playlist]= and [Playlist ID]= as search keywords. (to be consistent with newer syntax)
7. Fixed: Importing files into Media Center by dragging and dropping them would not update right view.
8. Fixed: Moving image from inside of a file into Cover Art directory would not always work.
9. Fixed: If a file had internal image, convert file tool would not copy the image into the new file.
10. Changed: Changed default list of imported media types.
11. Fixed: Rating stars could draw over other columns when resizing the rating column.
12. Changed: Display area scrolled, overflowing text when mouse was hovering over.
13. Changed: Image playback no longer uses image optimization by default.
14. Changed: Added [State] keyword to image playback caption.
15. Changed: Image playback caption only visible for 8 seconds.
16. Changed: When double-clicking an image in a mixed-media list, MC will no longer change the audio currently playing.
17. Fixed: MC was not allowing grouping of list type fields.
18. Fixed: Pasting multi-line clipboard entries to the search control didn't work properly.
19. Fixed: Search control "copy" would ignore selection and always copy full search string.
20. Fixed: Cover art with international characters didn't work.
21. Fixed: TiVo didn't display alternate pages properly.
22. Fixed: TiVo displayed folders with no content.
23. Changed: Clean Properties > Single Spacing changes "xyz ( abc)" to "xyz (abc)".
23. Changed: Clean Properties > Single Spacing changes "xyz-abc" or "xyz--abc" to "xyz - abc".
24. Changed: Clean Properties > Remove Spaces removes leading and trailing dashes.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jleerigby

Re: Media Center 9.1.253 beta available
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 02:06:30 pm »

In Windows Explorer if you right click>media centre it doesn't matter whether you click play or add to playing now, they both do the same thing (add to playing now).  

Also if you right click and 'Play in Media Centre' it adds to playing now.  For consistency I would expect Play to replace playing now.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 02:07:54 pm »

15. Changed: Image playback caption only visible for 8 seconds.

Very good!

Edit:
Can you make the playback caption to fade out smoothly instead of disappearing so abruptly! And the font slightly larger!

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 02:18:49 pm »

In Windows Explorer if you right click>media centre it doesn't matter whether you click play or add to playing now, they both do the same thing (add to playing now).  

Also if you right click and 'Play in Media Centre' it adds to playing now.  For consistency I would expect Play to replace playing now.

Just a slight modification - if you right click on more than 1 file in Explorer and select 'Play in Media Centre" it does not add any files to Playing Now. As far as I can see, it does absolutely nothing!

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 02:26:17 pm »

"<this folder>" does not work correctly.

This is one bug that I have forgotten to point out before.

When in a view scheme that has "populate tree" set like the "Disk Location" one; in the tree at some locations there are entries marked "<this folder>". Now I presume that these are supposed to show only the entries in the particular folder rather than the default recursive inclusion of subfolders. However when I click on one of the "<this folder>" entries, they are always empty.

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003, 05:10:13 pm »

Please read carefully before downloading.
20. Fixed: Cover art with international characters didn't work.

Bug:

If you mean Media Server, it still do not work for me. I am still getting an error:

"could not open <F:/Mi m?ca/blabla/folder.jpg>"

The correct path should be:

"F:/Mi música/blabla/folder.jpg"

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2003, 08:06:34 pm »

When Playing Now is shuffled from mini-me, MEGA-ME's Playing Now doesn't reflect the new playback order until the next track begins playing.

arp451

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2003, 08:50:41 pm »

When I stop play, if I'm in Playing Now, I get told Media Jukebox has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. When I click on details, it says:

MEDIA JUKEBOX caused an invalid page fault in
module USER32.DLL at 0167:bfc058c6.

This does not happen if I stay in Media Library and stop play. This did not happen at all in previous builds.

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2003, 09:24:49 pm »

In all of the beta builds, so far, I have not been able to get the "Rip and encode simultaneously" feature to work correctly using Lame 3.93.1 External Encoder set to --alt-preset extreme %IN %OUT.  Secure mode rip on a Plextor Premium CDRW drive.

When this feature is enabled, instead of doing what it says, it rips a single track to a wave file then encodes the wave to mp3 and then repeats the process again and again until all tracks are ripped and converted. To my way of thinking, this is not simultaneous ripping and encoding similar to Exact Audio Copy.

I am using a Hyper-threaded P4 3.06GHz with 1GB DDR ram. WinXP Pro, SP1.

I have also noticed that trying to "cancel" a rip in progress doesn't work, and seems to put MC9.1.253 into a "not responding" state which causes the program to crash when the dialog box is exited by clicking on "X" box. This also happened in prior build 252.

Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

jleerigby

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2003, 09:44:53 pm »

Just a slight modification - if you right click on more than 1 file in Explorer and select 'Play in Media Centre" it does not add any files to Playing Now. As far as I can see, it does absolutely nothing!

It does for me.  Maybe it's something to do with your file associations.

BTW - If playing multiple files it's quicker to use the Media Centre menu after right click.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2003, 10:55:40 pm »

Hi,

1. Fixed: Image overlay caption was not being saved between sessions.
17. Fixed: MC was not allowing grouping of list type fields.

Thanks a lot Matt, that was a pretty quick fix ! :)

I also like the 8 secs time out for Caption display.

Have a nice day,

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Marty3d

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2003, 11:00:13 pm »

Bug:
When choosing Media Center -> Play from Explorer, the files are added to Playing Now, not replacing the existing. I've also noticed that the songs doesn't always play either, so you have to find them first, select the first one and click Play.

Or is this a new behaviour? It sure didn't do this before...

/Martin

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2003, 02:00:47 am »

1. Small Problem....Options/CD Writer Settings - the option for 'Decode files directly to CD' is greyed out. It's been like this for some while.

2. Big Problem....Select a track, hit play, go to playing now, go to track info template or vis etc. If I hit the 'stop' button, or wait for the track to finish playing, MC crashes with this little beauty (it started in version 252) -

MEDIA JUKEBOX caused an invalid page fault in
module USER32.DLL at 017f:bfc058c6.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=017f EIP=bfc058c6 EFLGS=00010246
EBX=009abd36 SS=0187 ESP=009ab830 EBP=009abcbc
ECX=7ffffffe DS=0187 ESI=00000ea8 FS=47df
EDX=80007e80 ES=0187 EDI=7ffffffe GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
66 81 39 90 68 75 25 66 81 79 06 90 68 75 1d 81
Stack dump:
7f2d8d8d 7ffffffe 00000ea8 00000018 00000000 00000000 009abcec 00000000 009abd36 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 009ab884 0193b632 7ffffffe

3. MC still crashes with a NVDISP.DRV problem for no apparent reason.

Jim

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Media Center Registered 9.1.253 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 599 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 39 MB
Resource Info: System - 57 %, GDI - 73 %, User - 57 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700 / wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW804            Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

nila

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2003, 03:07:27 am »

BUG:

Press Delete to delete a file and it brings up the 'confirm action' window.
Using the up and down arrows SHOULD scroll through the different actions we can perform but it doesn't instead just toggles between Delete and Cancel.

Also - if we click delete while browsing with 'my computer' the default should be to delete the file (send to recycle bin) - not to remove from the library (small detail but increases useability).

Minor point - no quick access way to 'Desktop' from - My Computer - it'll make it VERY hard for beginners to find it if they dont know where it is.

mjcumming

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2003, 05:17:26 am »

Analyze audio files still randomly dies due to "too many errors"

pietro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Ride a bike, what else?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2003, 05:30:17 am »

Hi.
Bug: Unknown Software Exception (0xc00..8e) when Minimize is still there. Pls. see seperate thread->
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1063835445

Thanks
- Pietro

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2003, 05:39:32 am »

Nila.....

>>> Minor point - no quick access way to 'Desktop' from - My Computer - it'll make it VERY hard for beginners to find it if they dont know where it is.<<<

That makes me an absolute beginner then 'cos I've never been able to find it !!! Any clues please - thanks..

Jim

ZRocker

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2003, 06:27:55 am »

Dear Newbie JollyJim,

Your CD-RW drive is old, slow and does not support Burnproof...so, you can't decode directly to CD when burning (no choice for you...MC knows that).

:(

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2003, 06:43:10 am »

4. Changed: Some tweaks to small icons image.
Mmh, maybe the shadow is not set to optimum... some icons now appear a little bit blurred...

List Drawing Bug
The button list in the "Customize Menu Bar" dialog does not support the transparency of the new "SmallIcons.png".

List Drawing Bug
After horizontal scrolling track lists to the right, the "List_HeaderBar" of the columns don't show "mouse over" hover effect and "mouse down" state.

Top Toolbar Drawing Bug
If "OffsetX" for the "TopBar" has a value greater than 50, the Minimize-, Maximize/Restore- and Close-Buttons of the Mainframe are overdrawn by the toolbar buttons when resizing MC to a smaller width.

Frame Drawing Bug
The Minimize-, Maximize/Restore- and Close-Buttons of "Frame"/Dialog windows don't show the "mouse over" hover effect. Only normal and "mouse down" states are displayed.

Scrollbar Drawing Bug
When switching between view schemes, panes with short lists don't show a scrollbar. Resizing MC a little bit (one pixel...) brings up the scrollbar. After switching to another view scheme and then back to the one with the short list, the scrollbar is missing again...

Don't know if this has worked before:
When listening to web radio, Playing Now's Track Info does not refresh when a new song starts. It's sticked to the page that is loaded when you start listening to the station. So in Hairstyle / Windowed / Full Screen mode, it's quite hard to get the right info...

---------------------------------------------------------

Media Center 9.1.253 -- C:\Programme\Audio\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 1991 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 796 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive J: TEAC     CD-W524E           Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2003, 07:15:07 am »

When Playing Now is shuffled from mini-me, MEGA-ME's Playing Now doesn't reflect the new playback order until the next track begins playing.

I've noticed that this same bug shows up in mini-me's playlist as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up