INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Licence valid when changing device ?  (Read 1480 times)

guillaume31

Licence valid when changing device ?
« on: July 31, 2015, 06:03:20 am »

Dear all,

I have a question that is generic but could not find any answer on the site/forum: I am currently running a trial version of JRiver on my MacBook Pro. I would like to purchase JRiver but I have a Mac Mini coming in 3 weeks and my trial licence will expire in 5 days (I already renewed it once).

If I purchase MC20 now, will I be able to transfer the licence to my MacMini in a few weeks ? Is the licence maybe valid for 2 or more computers ? I could not find an answer to that.

I already purchased JRemote on my iPhone but I'm also wondering if I get an iPad at some point if I'll have to buy it again or if I can transfer the licence ?

Finally, I read about current MC20 licence being valid for MC21 but MC21 is not out of Mac, is it ?

Hopefully, someone can answer all my questions  :D

Many thanks,

Guillaume

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Licence valid when changing device ?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 06:33:54 am »

Yes. You can use a single license on as many Macs as you, personally, own within reason.  See the restoring a license wiki article for details:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

MC licenses are specific to OS (so if you want to use Windows as well, you'll need to buy a separate Windows license, or the Master license which includes all three OSes), but they are not per computer.  MC21 is coming soon, but is not out yet for either Mac or Windows.  But, if you buy now, you get it for free when it does come out (and can use MC20 in the interim).

JRemote works like any app on the app store and can be used on multiple iOS devices.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up