INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Who....how to add and how to download......  (Read 2692 times)

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Dr Who....how to add and how to download......
« on: August 05, 2015, 06:20:01 pm »

I've dragged I've grabbed and can't get nothing to work. Also is there a size limit on a playlist you add?

I've searched here and the wiki and have found nothing that tells me how to add or download! I know I'm daft but being around for a century or two should count for something hey.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

~OHM~

Re: Dr Who....how to add and how to download......
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 09:38:22 am »

Thanks....I really wasn't going to use this anyway!!
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 09:41:20 am »

The limit is 400 tracks.

You can drag any playlist that is less than 400 tracks onto the Dr. Who icon at the bottom of the list of playlists.

You will need to have an account set up.  Click on Dr. Who to start.

It's always possible that something is broken.

~OHM~

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 12:27:15 pm »

thanks, but there is no icon at the bottom of list....draging it anywhere just starts the playlist playing...oh well so much for this....

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 06:50:44 am »

thanks, but there is no icon at the bottom of list....draging it anywhere just starts the playlist playing...oh well so much for this....

Hi maybe you are looking in the wrong place?? Its in the Tree not the playlist itself

if you click on the icon set up an account first via the main window if you haven't already

afterwards drag any playlist as Jim said on top of the icon ...

if the icon is not showing up in the tree under playlists in the tree there is a problem or bug maybe ... its pretty new

~OHM~

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 07:49:25 am »

oh dha... i thought he was talking about the view in Dr Who itself.....Thanks Arindelle

~OHM~

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 10:32:10 am »

OK...well for me the Dr Who is the most welcome feature in a long time. Since MC 18 I have been struggling on getting playlists from main pc to 2 other pc's. the export playlist (I could never get to work as far as getting it on the other 2 pc's. probally user error). now with Dr Who I have successfully transferred the playlists to the other 2 pc's that hold the identical media files that are used basically as a back up system for said files but are also used in other rooms for playback. Yes i know all about the server and have used it but I prefer my way.

My Hat is off to whoever dreamed up Dr Who....

Update: well it's not perfect but thats ok, after the download it reports 20 or so files not in list and 1 not found but they are on the hd and it's easy to replace them.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 11:50:48 am »

And (you probably know this already, but I say it anyways) if you have a file on the playlist that is not linking to a file on your computer, you can right click on the playlist file and use "locate>name". That will find the file on your computer that matches then you can use "send to >playlist" to create the correct link.

~OHM~

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 12:27:03 pm »

And (you probably know this already, but I say it anyways) if you have a file on the playlist that is not linking to a file on your computer, you can right click on the playlist file and use "locate>name". That will find the file on your computer that matches then you can use "send to >playlist" to create the correct link.

Oh thanks CountryBumkin. I did not know this...that makes it even easier  :D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 02:00:03 pm »

My Hat is off to whoever dreamed up Dr Who....
Thanks.  John and I designed it.  John implemented it with a little help from Matt on the fuzzy search it does.
Pages: [1]   Go Up