INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV problem with MC 20  (Read 4833 times)

rokonn

• Recent member
TV problem with MC 20
« on: August 09, 2015, 04:08:55 pm »

I am using Win 10 and an Infinitv 6 ETH set of tuners.  Have installed MC20 and configured TV section and configured tuners and created TV guide.  When I open a channel I get audio and video but the audio has frequent stuttering i.e. when they try to say (what) it comes out as (wh...wh...wh...what) it rapid succession and the video is distorted with multiple little boxes.  This all happens frequently and rapidly.  Any recommendations?

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: TV problem with MC 20
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 04:50:13 pm »

Check your audio setup. I have best results with WASAPI.
Are all the channels doing this - or just one/some? Check the signal strength (there is a built in signal meter you can access with the right click menu).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 06:35:20 pm »

Set Red October Standard in the video options.

rokonn

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 09:16:02 pm »

Thanks for the help with stuttering video and voice.  I have configured the channels and created a TV Guide but when I select ALL CHANNELS it only shows channels in the 200 and 300 range and only for 24 hours.  This doesn't allow for recording future shows.  The left hand listing shows all channels and I can click any one of them and get a picture.  How can I get all the channels to show in the right panel and display time of more than 24 hours so that I can schedule future shows?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 07:38:00 am »

I just spent 10 minutes typing a response, then I bumped the mouse while typing and its all gone.  >:(

Short version - are you using mc2xml as the method to retrieve your guide data? Do you have the "automatically load program data every day" box checked?

Do you also show "Auto" under the guide mode (Television>TV Options>Load program guide)? If yes, is there a County, Postal Code, and Provider shown? (I think there is a bug here in the setup - as the Auto always shows for me with no data associated (but I don't use it anyways so it doesn't matter in my case).

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 07:13:58 pm »

CountryBumkin... You are a GENIUS!!!
Check your audio setup. I have best results with WASAPI.

That one setting completely cured the audio echoing problem I have been plagued with on MCTV for years.

I was using Default Audio [Direct Sound] & switching to WASAPI blanks the sound between channels similar to the way WMC does it which completely eliminates all stuttering & echoing which had made MCTV useless to me for all these many years.

Switching back to Red October Standard also cured the long lag times I was experiencing changing channels. I had used Standard before (but with Default Audio [Direct Sound]) but it did not help until also switching to WASAPI; the combination of the two is what did the trick.

So, once again... THANKS SO MUCH; you just made MCTV usable again.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 08:07:12 pm »

Thanks for the help with stuttering video and voice.  I have configured the channels and created a TV Guide but when I select ALL CHANNELS it only shows channels in the 200 and 300 range and only for 24 hours.  This doesn't allow for recording future shows.  The left hand listing shows all channels and I can click any one of them and get a picture.  How can I get all the channels to show in the right panel and display time of more than 24 hours so that I can schedule future shows?

First, you mentioned that you are using MC20 in your first post. If you wish to use TV functionality, and have an EPG Guide, then you should upgrade to MC21, which has then new EPG collection process using MC2XML and data from Microsoft. Without doing that, or using some other source of EPG data, you are not going to get much data in the MC Guide, if any. That is probably why you are only seeing data for channels in the 200 and 300 range. There are several threads that describe setting up the new MC2XML method, or CountryBumkin can fill you in, since he uses it while I don't.

Next, it sounds like you are using Standard View to look at the channels and the programs available. In Standard View only 24 hours of EPG data is shown at one time. To see more data, change the Day and Time at the top of the program listing. That way you can show all the available EPG data, 24 hours at a time. Note also that if you use the search function (top right corner of Standard View display), then results from all available EPG data is returned, consistent with your selection of "All Channels" or one particular channel. Try a search for say a news program on one channel that shows once per day, and you will see what I mean. All days that have EPG data will be shown.

Alternately, use the Guide in Theatre View, and scroll as far as you can to the right with the right arrow button or key. That will show you how much EPG data you have.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

rokonn

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 05:46:57 pm »

Some of the problems have been fixed and thank you.  The final problem is still there that the guide only shows channels in the 200 and 300 series even when I use the search in the upper right corner.  I have tried resetting all the guide settings but the end result is the same.  I am using a trial version of MC so I don't seem to be able to download MC21 because it is still in the beta process.  In MC when I tell it to scan it finds all 570 of my channels but when I press NEXT the screen goes away.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 06:57:00 pm »

If you are in America, which seems likely given your local time, then the only way you are going to fix this problem is with MC21.

The good news is that it is out of Beta, and is available here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99214.0

Try that version and see how you go.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

CountryBumkin

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 05:06:01 am »

Some of the problems have been fixed and thank you.  The final problem is still there that the guide only shows channels in the 200 and 300 series even when I use the search in the upper right corner.  I have tried resetting all the guide settings but the end result is the same.  I am using a trial version of MC so I don't seem to be able to download MC21 because it is still in the beta process.  In MC when I tell it to scan it finds all 570 of my channels but when I press NEXT the screen goes away.

Be sure to give MC enough time to transition to the next screen too. With 570 channels it may take some additional time (I don't know, but maybe there is some processing going on behind screen that is taking longer for next screen to show). I only have 68 OTA channels so I don't see a delay. But in other areas (like "first time" thumbnail creation or audio analysis or such) it can seem like the program is frozen for a minute or so before it become responsive.

PS. how long does it take to scan 570 channels? Wow.

rokonn

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 05:11:06 pm »

I am now using MC21 and my main problem is TV.  When I click on Television and double click to setup I enter the data on the first screen and select JTV, then select Digital cable on the 2nd screen, select CableCard on the 3rd screen but no tuners are shown. It says the reason could be that I am using Ceton tuners.  When I click on Drives and Devices I get only (Compact Disc J:) and (Explorer).  Is there any chance I could get a step by step setup for TV and recording.  I can watch previously recorded shows and listen to my music, and view my pictures OK.  I have uninstalled Win 10 and gone back to Win 8.1 so I could still use WMC but I want to go to Win 10 ASAP.  Hope you can help.  I have Media Network and DLNA enabled.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 06:00:59 pm »

Your InfiniTV 6 ETH tuners should work, as they do for others. Make sure you are using the latest drivers for them.

When they are installed, check they are visible in the Windows Device Manager (I assume they are if WMC works). Once TV is set up the tuner should be listed in Options/Television/Manage Devices. What you see in drives in "Drive & Devices" in the left navigation bar of MC is normal. That isn't where TV tuners show up.

The detailed setup steps are listed in the wiki:
TV Setup
EPG setup    Make sure you scroll down to the MC20+ section on this page.

See how you go with those. For more information, search the Wiki first, and the forum if you can't find what you need to know.
If you get stuck, post back here.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 06:09:36 pm »

How to use CableCARD tuners in Media Center

Check that turned on Media Network options.  In particular, in Tools > Options > Media Network, make sure "Use Media Network to share this library and turn on DLNA" is checked.

Also under "Advanced" on that page, make sure the three checkboxes, especially "DLNA Controller (control other DLNA devices)", are checked.

Then wait a little before trying to setup TV.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

rokonn

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2015, 08:33:14 pm »

I have gone to TV setup wiki and gotten to the window where country and zip is entered, entered storage folder, and selected jtv format and clicked next.  Selected Digital cable or satellite and clicked next on next screen.  Selected CableCARD and OpenCable showed up in Hardware Profile Name: but no devices appear under Devices below.  I have checked device drivers in Device Manager and all 6 tuners are there and drivers are current.  It tells me there are 3 different causes that could cause no devices to appear and the first one is "You have OpenCable/CableCARD devices such as HDHomeRun Prime, or Ceton infiniTV, installed.  I have also confirmed that I have DLNA enabled and the 3 blocks checked on the same screen.  That was suggested by the previous post.  Hope you can help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up