INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote and IOS9  (Read 30051 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote and IOS9
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2015, 06:47:22 am »

Gizmo will work for anyone who has an Android device.  It's free and available in the Google Play store.

There is also an Android version of JRemote.
http://jremote.com/

robertus3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2015, 08:06:29 am »

The boys of jriver are working very hard to serve us all. I think they have enough information to update all software involved, so now let them do their job and we'll get the updates soon.

And no, I don't know them at all, and I don't have more money invested in this company then the product price we all have paid to use the software.

Groet, Robert.

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2015, 08:16:39 am »

Just in-case this is helpful (probably not): updated iPad Mini 1 last night to iOS 9.  JRemote appears to work just fine.  Waiting to update my iPhone 5S.

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2015, 08:50:56 am »

I normally just jump in with both feet on updates and everything works out.  I do kind of wish I had read this thread before updating to iOS9.  When this is working again it will be but a distant memory (of me freaking out)
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2015, 10:25:45 am »

Just in-case this is helpful (probably not): updated iPad Mini 1 last night to iOS 9.  JRemote appears to work just fine.  Waiting to update my iPhone 5S.

Yup. The Mini 1 is a 32 bit device, so it won't crash on launch. As I mentioned above though, there could be other issues.

The 5S is a 64 bit device and will almost certainly not work.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2015, 10:49:40 am »

I normally just jump in with both feet on updates and everything works out.  I do kind of wish I had read this thread before updating to iOS9.  When this is working again it will be but a distant memory (of me freaking out)

Then you have just been lucky. It is never a good idea to upgrade a 'production' computer/device until you have confirmed that all of the critical software/apps are ready for that upgrade.

That being said, it would have been nice for JRiver to send out an update via email warning people from upgrading since Apple just pushes this out as any other normal 'there is an update for your phone'.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2015, 11:36:52 am »

JRemote runs just fine on my iPad 2 with ios9.  in fact, after resetting my ipad 2 to factory and installing ios9 the ipad 2 runs 300% faster.  Now my iPhone 6 will not run JRemote, but it will in a day or so.  I just should have waited for a week after release of ios9.  Yes, I know better.
JRemote will survive.  Wonderful product, thanks for the app.  What would we be doing without it?  You guys can always go to another product, but wait, there is not another product in the same league as JRemote.  I support you guys, thanks for an excellent product.  My breathing has returned to normal, and all will be right with the world. 

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2015, 12:56:47 pm »

JRemote 3.10 and ipad 4 and ios9 = working here just fine.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2015, 01:49:33 pm »

JRemote 3.10 and ipad 4 and ios9 = working here just fine.

Ok, since this keeps coming up, I'll post the specifics.  Any device with an A7 or later CPU (64-bit) will almost certainly crash-on-launch. This includes:

* iPhone 5S, 6, 6s
* iPad Air
* iPad Air 2
* iPad Mini 2
* iPad Mini 3
* iPad Mini 4

If you have any of the devices listed above, and using JRemote is important to you, do not update to iOS 9 until a new release of JRemote is available. If you find one of the above-listed devices that does work with iOS 9 and JRemote 3.10, please let us know, though this is unlikely.

Any earlier devices, which include A6X or earlier CPUs (32-bit) will probably work "ok" (though there may be underlying bugs until the new release is available). This includes:

* iPhone 4s and 5
* iPad 2, 3, 4
* iPad Mini 1

I don't know which iPod Touches have which cpus, so you're on your own on those.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

BrianRostron

• Recent member
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2015, 03:53:19 pm »

I'm puzzled .....

The remote app used to work fine on my iPad AIR.  (which is now missing / stolen)  I now have an iPad AIR 2, and the app crashes immediately on launch.  Earlier posts suggest the app will not work on an iPad AIR, well it did on my old one, but not on the newer one.  I'm confused!  Or is this simply an IOS9 issue?  The old iPad never ran higher than 8.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2015, 03:54:55 pm »

The OS9 update broke JRemote on some iDevices.  We have a fix and it should be available in a few days.  The main obstacle is the time it will take for Apple to approve the new version.

BrianRostron

• Recent member
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2015, 03:59:42 pm »

Jim - That's excellent!  Many thanks for the super fast response.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2015, 05:45:19 pm »

Ok, since this keeps coming up, I'll post the specifics.  Any device with an A7 or later CPU (64-bit) will almost certainly crash-on-launch. This includes:

* iPhone 5S, 6, 6s
* iPad Air
* iPad Air 2
* iPad Mini 2
* iPad Mini 3
* iPad Mini 4

If you have any of the devices listed above, and using JRemote is important to you, do not update to iOS 9 until a new release of JRemote is available. If you find one of the above-listed devices that does work with iOS 9 and JRemote 3.10, please let us know, though this is unlikely.

Any earlier devices, which include A6X or earlier CPUs (32-bit) will probably work "ok" (though there may be underlying bugs until the new release is available). This includes:

* iPhone 4s and 5
* iPad 2, 3, 4
* iPad Mini 1

I don't know which iPod Touches have which cpus, so you're on your own on those.
Bit off topic but what do you think about running OS9 on a iPhone 4s ? I'm hesitant to upgrade it...

goresq

« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2015, 06:03:35 pm »

I guess I'm screwed because I already upgraded to IOS 9.  Any idea how long until this works again?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2015, 06:05:15 pm »

Please read above.

Oliverlim

• Recent member
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2015, 08:38:15 pm »

I do understand the complexities of programming for a beta.

However, all this time, it seems like we were told that JRiver does not work on beta yet "implying" that it would work in the official IOS.  I am not blaming JRiver for the confusion or even that it is not working yet in the official release. But it would have been better if we were told "when it was asked" about IOS 9 beta that we wait a while before updating to IOS 9 official if we want to ensure that JRemote would work.

Keep up the good work on further improving MC/JRemote.

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2015, 08:45:55 pm »

Apple broke it.  Often during the dev cycle, they break and then fix something, so we don't work on a fix until the new OS is available.  We think it's fixed now, but it will take a few days.

Thanks for the explanation.   Ah well, a teachable moment - next time I'll make sure I first look up any problems OS updates may cause for MediaCenter/JRemote.  Sometimes, like when putting on shoes and socks, order matters.

cbh

« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2015, 09:28:48 pm »

FWIW, Apple has a process for requesting expedited app approval, and from personal experience it sped things up considerably (< 24 hrs)

oie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2015, 04:15:05 am »

Hi,
Not working on iPhone 5s but it is working on ipad4.
Regards,
O

groucho

• Recent member
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2015, 04:50:47 am »

iOS 9 on an iP 5S = JRemote crashing on startup.  :(

HJayZee

« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2015, 06:42:43 am »

JimH's reply #60 is highly appreciated. A fair warning some time earlier would have been even better  ::)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2015, 06:50:41 am »

JimH's reply #61 is highly appreciated. A fair warning some time earlier would have been even better  ::)
This kind of thing often gets fixed in the OS just before release.  We once spent several weeks working around a crash in Windows7, which was fixed by Microsoft in the final release.

It's Apple who let you down.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2015, 09:53:07 am »

I'm locking this now.  If you're coming in late, please read what I've said above.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2015, 06:29:31 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up