INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 20.0.132 for Mac -- Available Here  (Read 10460 times)

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
JRiver Media Center 20.0.132 for Mac -- Available Here
« on: August 19, 2015, 10:00:49 am »

This is the latest version of MC20 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: https://files.JRiver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200132.dmg

20.0.132 (8/19/2015)

1. Fixed: A gray box would appear instead of the player controls during video playback.
2. Fixed: A Mac Client would display chart view instead of file list view.
3. Fixed: MC would not open saved library views.

20.0.126 (7/8/2015)

1. NEW: A Mac text box can be shown in order to enter special characters by using the shortcut Cmd(⌘) K.

20.0.124 (6/30/2015)

1. Fixed: Text strings with diacritical marks were sorting in the wrong order in list views. Now 'A'and 'Â" sort together for example.
2. Changed: Tweaked audio feeder and playback thread priorities and policies to reduce dropouts.

20.0.122 (6/22/2015)

1. Fixed: Send to > External Application now works as expected.
2. Adjusted audio feeder Mach thread policy to minimize dropouts under high cpu load.

20.0.116 (6/3/2015)

1. Changed: Custom Resources, Custom Webpages, and Custom Art will now be stored in "~/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 20/Data".
2. Fixed: Custom Webpages now load.

20.0.115 (6/2/2015)

1. Changed: Skins folder moved to Application Support so user added skins are preserved when an update is installed.

20.0.113 (5/29/2015)

1. Fixed: Crash importing/playing from network drives on 10.6.8 systems.
2. Changed: Tweaked the audio buffering system to hopefully address audio skipping issues some users are experiencing. Please report results.

20.0.112 (5/28/2015)

1. Changed: Updated the FFmpeg version used for file analysis, transcoding and video playback.
2. NEW: Full support for native DTS-HD decoding.
3. Changed: Use native cache folder on Mac for Media Center's conversion cache: ~/Library/Caches/com.jriver.mediacenter/conversion_cache
4. Changed: Increased audio feeder thread to real-time priority to hopefully address audio skipping issues some users are experiencing. Please report results.

20.0.94 (4/14/2015)

1. Fixed: Audio CD Ripping would sometimes create duplicate track entries in the database.
2. Changed: Streamlined auto-import to reduce extraneous activity when mass changes are made within Media Center.
3. Fixed: Freezes or crashes could occur when importing or converting large batches of WMA format files.
4. NEW: External audio encoders are now supported.
5. Fixed: The group component of the benchmark was slow for the last few builds.
6. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
7. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo).
8. Fixed: Handheld device Eject was unreliable.
9. Changed: Revised upward the estimated bitrate of lossless codecs. Makes predictions of how much transcoded music a handheld device can hold more accurate.
10. NEW: Third party DSP plugins (like VST effects) can now be enabled for DLNA and format conversion.

20.0.87 (3/28/2015)

1. Fixed: Tracks on device not in sync were not getting deleted even when the option was enabled.
2. Fixed: Artist or Album names beginning with a period would cause problems syncing with handheld devices.  Now underscores are used in place of leading periods in folder names on the device created during a sync operation.
3. Fixed: After playing a track directly from CD, a message could pop-up saying the disc could not be identified.
4. Fixed: WebKit plugins are now disabled.  Plugins (e.g. Silverlight) could cause crashes and freezes when MC was displaying web pages.
5. Fixed: The drive was identified as /:\ on the CD misread Information dialog.
6. Fixed: Syncing files with conversion enabled would cause files to re-convert on every sync.
7. Fixed: Tracks on device not in sync were not getting deleted even when this option was enabled.
8. NEW: When songs in MC's library are stored on a network share drive, the drive is now bookmarked by MC so if it's not mounted after a reboot, MC will automatically re-mount the drive when needed.
9. Fixed: CD ripping would sometimes fall out of secure mode.
10. Fixed: Many Retina mode scaling improvements.
11. Changed: If there's a custom library field created called Tooltip and it evaluates to non-empty, it will be used for the text of the tooltip.
12. Fixed: Requesting a File List or Cover Art over MCWS for a very slow executing Smart List (ie. Missing Files) could result in all MCWS queries being delayed until the request was completed.
13. Fixed: MOV/MP4 files could have the wrong information in the Compression field.
14. Fixed: Multichannel DSD wrapped by DoPE was overflowing the buffer resulting in noise or crashes.
15. Fixed: Podcasting could download duplicate tracks (only maybe fixed, so testing appreciated).
16. Fixed: Some w64 files did not import/play.
17. NEW: ID3 tags from w64 files are properly imported.
18. Fixed: Playing FLAC+CUE files could result in some tracks being skipped in the recent builds.
19. Changed: A/V sync is maintained more aggressively at the start of video playback.
20. Fixed: Seeking a Linked Zone over Gizmo would cause MC to hang.
21. Fixed: The player evaluating "Playlist Remaining Time" could hang (only maybe fixed, testing appreciated).
22. NEW: Linked zones can optionally enter a playback rate so that a zone that plays slower or faster can be corrected (the 'Adjust Link Timing' dialog allows entering a rate).
23. Fixed: Very short convolution filter would not load properly at all times.
24. Fixed: Pressing Enter key following in-place editing no longer initiates a "Play" command.
25. Fixed: Playing/importing APE files from read-only drives was not working (regression).

20.0.80 (3/2/2015)

1. Fixed: App signing issue on some systems.

20.0.74 (2/21/2015)

1. Fixed: When syncing files to a linux based handheld device (i.e. Android), forward slashes within artist or album names would cause the destination path to be wrong.
2. Fixed: External storage cards on handheld devices were not always showing up in MC without doing a manual re-detect of devices.
3. Fixed: Many CD ripping problem fixes.
4. Fixed: Auto-import was sometimes importing image and 'data' files which aren't supported.
5. Fixed: A CUE parsing issue where the last track would not work because the playback range was parsing incorrectly if the CUE file spanned multiple tracks.
6. Fixed: Reading a SACD ISO with empty data packets could cause a crash.
7. Changed: Made the SACD ISO parser a little more forgiving.
8. NEW: Added a 'Total Tracks' field to the library.  Currently updated from MP3 files, MP4 files, FLAC files, and during CD ripping.
9. NEW: Added a 'Total Discs' field to the library, which is updated from MP3, MP4, and FLAC files.
10. Changed: Updated German translation (thanks Bytestar).
11. NEW: Support for playing HTTP Live Streaming streams (both video/audio and audio-only).
12. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
13. Fixed: CD ripping was always using secure mode regardless of user setting.
14. Fixed: Prior to any CD play or rip activity, the options dialog did not always show the installed CD drives.
15. Fixed: If CD ripping was started from the list header button, the initial ripping action window would still show after ripping was complete.
16. Fixed: During Handheld sync, if no files were being uploaded (just deletions taking place), sync process would stall out with "Working..." displayed in action window.
17. Fixed: Use defaults for empty media file location base paths read from the registry.
18. Changed: Updated the FFmpeg version used for file analysis, transcoding and video playback.
19. Fixed: WMA files would not play on some OS X 10.6 systems.

20.0.67 (2/9/2015)

1. Fixed: Occasional crash at startup due to splash screen.
2. NEW: Video conversions now supported!
3. Fixed: Crashes in the file converter when using DSP plugins.

20.0.64 (1/29/2015)

1. Fixed: SACD playback was broken for the last few builds.
2. Fixed: Avoids importing files from within app bundles and installer packages.  Avoid importing images.

20.0.63 (1/28/2015)

1. Fixed: Display view sometimes would become detached and could remain showing over the top of other views (really fixed this time).
2. Fixed: Video display in action window would display over the top of other action window views.

20.0.62 (1/26/2015)

1. Changed: When both a Windows and a Master license are installed, Media Center now shows the installed license type as Master.

20.0.60 (1/22/2015)

1. Fixed: Purchase links were not going to the new page.

20.0.59 (1/21/2015)

1. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
2. Changed: Added a 3dB cut to the Headphones effect so that increases from cross-feed won't lead to clipping.

20.0.58 (1/20/2015)

1. NEW: Selecting audio streams in Video files.
2. NEW: Chapter selection in the OSD and context menus for videos.

20.0.57 (1/16/2015)

1. Fixed: DSP Studio presets could not be saved/loaded/deleted.
2. Fixed: Display view sometimes would become detached from Media Center and could remain showing over the top of other views.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver Media Center 20.0.132 for Mac -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 12:15:09 pm »

Not exactly a bug report though I do have a very minor one.

Yay! Thank You!  Yay Saved Views work!  Yay!

Files View also now works.  I can't even remember what thread I reported this in, but it didn't work before and now it does.  Yay again.

The most minor of bugs:  When Saving a view, the file path to save in is shown in the Filename box.  Every element of the path is separated by slashes ( / ), as is correct for OS X.  Except for the very last one, between the directory path and the filename.  The last one is a backslash ( \ ).  That's not correct for OS X.  Amazingly it still works to save the file in the right place, with the right name.  It just looks funny.

Thanks again.

Brian.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 12:52:38 pm »

The most minor of bugs:  When Saving a view, the file path to save in is shown in the Filename box.  Every element of the path is separated by slashes ( / ), as is correct for OS X.  Except for the very last one, between the directory path and the filename.  The last one is a backslash ( \ ).  That's not correct for OS X.  Amazingly it still works to save the file in the right place, with the right name.  It just looks funny.

I think this should be fixed next build.  Confirmation once the build goes public would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 03:54:14 pm »

I'm not sure what to make of this but…

It took almost 30 seconds to launch this version of MC for the first time.
This 'delayed launch' also occurred with v.126

And after launching again (after quitting) it took 1-2 seconds as per 'normal'.

The cpu was crunching at ≈15-20% the whole time.

In all previous builds the launch time was 1-2 seconds.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 04:34:14 pm »

^ That's very normal for Mac apps.  There is a verification that happens the first time you launch an app, which takes extra time.  There's also a disk caching effect, so that the second time you launch an app, it launches much faster.  You can really see this after a reboot, when every app will be a bit slow to launch for the first time (because they aren't yet cached).

I've seen the "slow first launch" of MC for every version I can remember.  I think it's nothing at all to worry about, unless someone who knows more than me says different.

Brian.

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 04:45:14 pm »

I understand.
But this behavior is new.
In all previous builds to .126, the app launched within 1-2 seconds no matter if it was the first time or all subsequent launches.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 08:25:15 am »

In all previous builds to .126, the app launched within 1-2 seconds no matter if it was the first time or all subsequent launches.

In recent builds, one of the startup actions is to copy data from the app to the computer's Library folder.  This could be whats causing the slowdown.  If that's the case, we might add a dialog box showing what's happening.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 01:27:36 pm »

Ah, I see.
Thanks for that.

JJ

edbro

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 02:59:41 pm »

With Retina mode enabled, the first custom toolbar icon sits directly underneath the farthest right window control button.

billtillbrook@hotmail.com

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 12:14:12 pm »

Guys,

Can someone please help a slightly more mature user?

I have been using the trial version of Media Center 20 on my Mac v 10.6.8 and was impressed enough to purchase. I have the license key however I can only seem to download the trial version. I have used 3 or 4 of my restores now but I see the message 'license restore installed successfully' (or something like that) however the media center doesn't open - nothing happens after that.

Best wishes,

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up