INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suppress CD Database dialog?  (Read 1425 times)

wla2000

• Recent member
Suppress CD Database dialog?
« on: August 22, 2015, 05:23:44 pm »

I use a non-JRiver application for ripping CD (DbPowerAmp), so I have Windows set to automatically invoke that application when CD's are inserted in either of my CD/DVD drives. 

I have done everything I can think of to suppress CD stuff in JRiver, but I still get a dialog popping up telling me "No information was found in the CD database for this disc. Please edit information for the CD below, the click OK to update the database".

How can I suppress this from appearing?

Here's what I have already done:  In Tools->Options->CD, DVD & BD->AutoPlay->Audio CD, I have tried both "Let Windows Handle" and "Nothing".  JRiver does not prompt me to play or rip the CD, just to edit the CD database.  Note that these are audiobook CDs, hence their absence from the CD database.

Thanks!

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Suppress CD Database dialog?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 09:12:59 pm »

I don't have the answer ur looking for but..... just a thought on Auto Run or Auto Play....read down it does include thoughts on todays platforms.

http://www.howtogeek.com/203522/how-autorun-malware-became-a-problem-on-windows-and-how-it-was-mostly-fixed/

so if you were to turn off auto run or play and kick in dbpa manually to rip would the issue in MC stop. and or shut down MC while ripping
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up