INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRService.exe failed to load  (Read 3356 times)

kopurdy

JRService.exe failed to load
« on: August 26, 2015, 01:53:08 pm »

I get this message when I try to install 20.0.131: "The following module has failed to load . . . JRService.exe It has reported the following error  Failed to load JRTools Please reinstall the latest version of the program." I am running Win7 Home Premium with 8GB RAM. I have downloaded the program twice. The second time I made sure Microsoft Security Essentials was turned off before I downloaded it. Before I install it, I close every program I can, including those in the system tray, and I turn off real time protection in Security Essentials. The error message pops up as soon as I tell Windows I want the installer to run. My previous version of Media Center 18 was working fine. Do I need to uninstall 18 before installing 20? I can't find anything in the upgrade instructions that says you need to do that, but it is the only thing I haven't tried yet.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRService.exe failed to load
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 01:58:21 pm »

Try installing as admin.  It isn't a problem with the file.  It's a security problem on your machine.

Uninstalling any previous version isn't necessary.

kopurdy

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 08:43:14 pm »

I right-clicked on the install file and chose Run as Administrator. I still got the same error message. Is there something else I should try?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 01:57:55 am »

It's probably a security problem on your machine.  Antivirus or similar.  Read the Antivirus problems thread.

kopurdy

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 10:00:49 pm »

Frankly, I gave up trying to install MC20. I had followed all the suggestions in the anti-virus thread but none of them worked. But recently I upgraded to Windows 10, and decided to try again. I got the same error message, so I enlisted the help of my son, who runs the IT department at a local hospital. This is what he tried:
He removed all installed versions of media center
He ran ccleaner to clean files and the registry
He disabled the windows firewall completely during installation
He manually created the install folder on D: and gave “users” full rights

None of that worked. What finally did work was installing it on the C: drive. I had been avoiding doing this because my C: drive is an SSD with only 128GB, and even before upgrading to Windows 10 it was nearly full. The SSD is for the operating system and I try to keep all programs on D:, which has plenty of room. Some programs don't give you the option to specify which drive you want it installed on. Media Center did let me specify the drive, but apparently didn't like it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up