INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UK TV Problems Since 21 Install  (Read 8350 times)

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
UK TV Problems Since 21 Install
« on: August 31, 2015, 09:47:37 am »

JRiver will not auto collect epg as before.  All attempts to run EPG center 4.2 only give uk options for freesat not freeview (caldbeck) and often through u

So can no no longer record TV as no EPG.

Have tried uninstalling and installing MC 20 older with no success.  I'm no programmer but can only 'assume'  has written something to registry.

JRiver brilliant for audio, my primary reason for purchase.  

Trevor

Trevor
CustomBuild HTPC. YAMAHA RXV673 BK A/V RCVR, AE:Floor Standing AEGIS NEO 3 SPEAKERS,Center: AE NEO 7ii BK CTR SPKR, Sub NEO 8ii BK SUB, Rear:AEGIS NEO 1 V2 SPEAKERS (BLK), Sony MDR-HW700 headphones, KDL55W829BBU SONY 55" 800HZ SMART LED TV and OPPO BDP-105DBMR MULTIREGIONED FOR BLU RAY AND DVD

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: UK TV Problems Since 21 Install
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 09:57:25 am »

The old Microsoft EPG is gone because of changes they made.  I don't know what the alternatives are in the UK, but someone else may.

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 11:09:03 am »

Hi

I had the same problem on MC20 today all my guide data dissapeared. I suspect this is now the same issue they had in the US. I have upgraded to MC21 and configured mc2xml ( make sure you get your postcode correct otherwise it wont work e.g GL2 4SQ it needs the space in between.

I can now report that Uk guide data is ok with MC21 using mc2xml

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 11:35:45 am »

Can you elaborate?

Trevor
Trevor
CustomBuild HTPC. YAMAHA RXV673 BK A/V RCVR, AE:Floor Standing AEGIS NEO 3 SPEAKERS,Center: AE NEO 7ii BK CTR SPKR, Sub NEO 8ii BK SUB, Rear:AEGIS NEO 1 V2 SPEAKERS (BLK), Sony MDR-HW700 headphones, KDL55W829BBU SONY 55" 800HZ SMART LED TV and OPPO BDP-105DBMR MULTIREGIONED FOR BLU RAY AND DVD

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 11:57:09 am »

Please read some of the other posts on this subject.

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 12:13:25 pm »

Hi

I had the same problem on MC20 today all my guide data dissapeared. I suspect this is now the same issue they had in the US. I have upgraded to MC21 and configured mc2xml ( make sure you get your postcode correct otherwise it wont work e.g GL2 4SQ it needs the space in between.

I can now report that Uk guide data is ok with MC21 using mc2xml

Whenever I try to get mc2xml.exe  get badwith exceeded

trevor
Trevor

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 12:15:36 pm »

Please read some of the other posts on this subject.

Hve done but strugling to get a copy of xml generator

trevor
Trevor

JimH

• Administrator

CountryBumkin

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 12:25:19 pm »

Whenever I try to get mc2xml.exe  get badwith exceeded

trevor

What does this mean? You don't need to download/get anything. Mc2xml is built into MC21.
You just select use "mc2xml" during the Television setup process (step 4 of the setup, where JRiver program says select "Method for loading Electronic Program Guide").

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 12:46:11 pm »

I think it may be the postal code issue. In the Uk you need to separate with a space otherwise xml gets confused.  My postcode in uk is GL24SQ add the space between 2 & 4

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 01:05:58 pm »

OK thanks for that my error.  Running that now I 'assumed'  it was an external programme.
 Not part of mc itself

Trevor
Trevor

CountryBumkin

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 01:20:58 pm »

OK thanks for that my error.  Running that now I 'assumed'  it was an external programme.
 Not part of mc itself

Trevor

No problem.
BTW - you're also correct. Mc2mxl can also be run as a "stand-alone" program. Then you would have to import the xmltv.xml file into the JRiver program. There are reasons some do it this way too.

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2015, 03:17:10 pm »

DOH feeling my usual lame brain here.

Ran TV setup from options choose mc2xml but takes me to the old scan dialogue which eventually returns a list of channels. I then get a Cmd line  window and GUI widow. On GUI  choose service: Microsoft options: utf8 enter full postcode ca15 8pp.  Choose ok get  another GUI:lineup selection, choose 14 caldbeck freeview. The Cmd window creates a data file but its to quick for me to register where .

Then I'm back to list of channels with no guide

So what am I doing wrong :-(

Trevor
Trevor

CountryBumkin

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2015, 03:40:52 pm »

Be sure to enter your Postal Code in the "JRiver setup" (the page where you select the Country your in). It's easy to miss the Postal Code box on that page. I've tested by leaving the Postal Code out, and it caused problems like you describe when you get to the mc2xml popup settings box. So if you missed entering the postal code in step 2, you need to restart/redo the setup.

If all goes well in the mc2xml setup, the epg data file is created and automatically saved in the JRiver program. There is not a file/location you can go to to see the mc2xml file.

If the mc2xml file is created properly, the next page/step will begin the channel scanning process. Then, after that step, you would be at the "matching" step where the channels are matched to the EPG data.

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2015, 04:11:12 pm »

Thanks again.  With your help now have a populated EPG. Though some notable ommisions I think Al Jezeera for one.  But too tired now.

Ill check more thouroghly tommorow.

Trevor
Trevor

turbofeet

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2015, 04:36:21 am »

I also noticed a problem with MC2XML since yesterday morning in the UK so I think there was a general problem.

i noted that when running mc2xml.exe manually the Start Time and End Time in the command window say 2015-08-16 to 2015-08-30 which might explain this?

I rectified this by using another application which uses the Radio Times Website called XmltvGUI.exe.

This I have working well and it appears to download a good couple of weeks worth of listings which is nice.

Anyway - sorry to hijack the thread but I wonder if you could assist with another issue with the XML generated by this other software...

There are some channels who have two exact listings one for the SD Version and one for the HD version.

As such I select the same source when mapping the channels however the HD Version of the channel does not populate with the guide.

An example On Freeview:

Channel 7 - BBC THREE
Channel 105 - BBC THREE HD

In the XML file generated from XMLTV Gui we have only one entry entitled "BBC3".

Therefore I mapped this to both Channel 7 and Channel 105 when Loading the Guide Data.

However BBC Three (7) contains the guide data but BBC Three HD (105) remains blank in JRiver.

If I remove the Guide from Channel 7 then Channel 105 does indeed populate successfully.

Why is this? Can't we use the same channel source for multiple channels? Is there a setting somewhere I can change?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2015, 04:59:47 am »

You could try manually editing that channel info in Television>TV Options>Manage Channels.

turbofeet

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2015, 05:33:20 am »

You could try manually editing that channel info in Television>TV Options>Manage Channels.

I tried changing the name but to no avail.

What else could I change?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2015, 08:31:03 am »

Channel 7 - BBC THREE
Channel 105 - BBC THREE HD

In the XML file generated from XMLTV Gui we have only one entry entitled "BBC3".

Therefore I mapped this to both Channel 7 and Channel 105 when Loading the Guide Data.

However BBC Three (7) contains the guide data but BBC Three HD (105) remains blank in JRiver.

If I remove the Guide from Channel 7 then Channel 105 does indeed populate successfully.

Why is this? Can't we use the same channel source for multiple channels? Is there a setting somewhere I can change?

There is a limitation in MC.  Theater view only displays channels according to existing guide entries.  Once it finds a channel associated with a guide data, it will not try finding another channel associated with the same guide entry.  Thus only one channel is displayed.

In practice there is no real advantage in keeping both channels.  So I would advise that you hide one of the two channels.  Keep HD version for example and hide SD version.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

turbofeet

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2015, 08:38:26 am »

Understood.

I was looking at writing a program to duplicate specific XML channel data and repeating the data but under a different Channel name.

But...I can't be bothered!

I will just select the HD option for each of these instances.

Thanks for the clarification.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 08:18:18 pm »

I was looking at writing a program to duplicate specific XML channel data and repeating the data but under a different Channel name.

I would be surprised if you couldn't find an application already written to do that.

I know the EPG Collector can do it. Using the Timeshift tab in its setup, with a time shift of zero, EPGC just copies the XMLTV from one channel to another, using the same times. If you add a time shift, it copies the data over with an adjustment to the program start and end times, as appropriate.

For example, in the first image below, you can see the I have three "7 Digital" channels, two called "7 Digital" and one called "7 Digital 1", channels 7, 70, and 71. They all show the same content on different transport streams. Only the first channel has any EPG data associated with it. Using the EPGC capabilities I can copy that EPG data to the other two channels, as per the first image.

As EPGC can also import externally sourced EPG data into the data it collects, and merge the two, giving preference to one source or the other, it should be easy to import the XmltvGUI data, copy it to the other channel, then import into MC.

It certainly doesn't matter if you are happy to always record the HD channel, but if you want the option of recording smaller files using the SD channel, EPGC is one way you could populate the EPG data for the SD channel.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 09:40:20 am »

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up