INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Install - Crashing on Video Cataloging  (Read 2520 times)

EricA

New Install - Crashing on Video Cataloging
« on: September 02, 2015, 01:57:22 pm »

Hi There - New to this product, but fairly knowledgeable on OS X, some competing products and media in general. MC managed to get through a large music collection, but is crashing repeatedly on the video collection, which is close to 1000 movies and TV shows. I have included the logs and a dump from the crash in the zip file. The mac is a Mac Mini used only as a Server - has some basic file sharing running along with Time Machine Server. Let me know what you would like me to do next. Thanks for your help, Eric.

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000011273b000

EricA

Re: New Install - Crashing on Video Cataloging
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 01:23:56 pm »

Replying to my own email here with the comment that the movies in question are all known working with appropriate names and formats - all cataloged and working well with Kodi on separate Kodi box. MC and Kodi are accessing the same share... Eric.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 04:26:52 pm »

I'm not very experienced at diagnosing based on MC's log files.  I dug into yours and I'm not sure what's causing the crash.  The last file it worked on, seemed to be successful.  It was (2012) Marley ....mkv .  Again, I'm not very experienced at figuring these out unless it's a bit more obvious.

So let's take a different approach for just a second:  The video support in MC21 has been improved quite a bit from MC20.  MC20 was never quite up to par for me in terms of video so I never used it.  MC21, on the other hand, has encouraged me to import quite a few videos and play around with it.  I'm pretty impressed.

You can find the latest build of MC21 for Mac at the top of this forum:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=45.0

I'm not sure if MC21 would have a better time with your video collection or not.  It might be worth a try.  After all, there's a free 30 day trial.  I don't know if you already have a license for MC20, or if you are evaluating.  This is just a suggestion for an alternate path that might lead you to a solution you like.

Good luck.

Brian.

EricA

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 07:46:37 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it over the weekend. I am just testing everything out at the moment and waiting to see if this will be a good solution, so no harm in trying MC21. Eric.
Pages: [1]   Go Up