INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT - Bye to the Man in black  (Read 1467 times)

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....
OT - Bye to the Man in black
« on: September 12, 2003, 02:42:11 am »

Just heard that Johnny Cash died in Nashville.

So long Johnny, you're gone but our memories and libraries are full of your songs.

Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

lOth

Re: OT - Bye to the Man in black
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 03:46:33 am »

our memories and libraries are full of your songs.

Indeed.

zevele10

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 05:09:42 am »

Last week ,Warren Zevon ,today J. Cash.

CAN YOU STOP TO CLEAN THE SHELVES...?

A fair number of Cash LPs here , some of them play very often throught the years.
Even some cds like the boxset i bought last week : 'His Sun Years' a super 3 cd set.

Anyway ,without your wife, life did not make much sens to you . Let's hope that now you are again together, in the True West, or somewhere else.

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 06:22:20 am »

Thank you, Sir... for being part of the soundtrack of my life. I'm gonna miss you.

---
Listening to: 'One' from 'American III: Solitary Man' by 'Johnny Cash' on Media Center 9.0

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 03:44:26 pm »

I met Mr. & Mrs. Cash a year or so ago in the local Ace Hardware store. He has (had) a house down my road about 1/4 mile away. Seemed to spend a lot of time there. Maybe it was because folks around here respected his privacy. He could go to the mini-market to buy cigarettes and to Wal-Mart to buy whatever and people would say "Hello", as if to an old friend, but not hinder his movement in any way.
He kind of WAS like an old friend --- we all grew up hearing his music and seeing him around and he ALWAYS had time for his fans. A nicer, more easy-going person would be hard to find ... whether they were world-famous or not.
So I hope it's not presumptuous of me to say "Goodbye, old friend. We WILL miss you."
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2003, 03:53:12 pm »

Thanks, C8.  Nice story.

Listening to: 'So Soft Your Goodbye' from 'Neck And Neck' by 'Chet Atkins And Mark Knopfler' on Media Center 9.1

MachineHead

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2003, 04:15:30 pm »

Seemed to spend a lot of time there. Maybe it was because folks around here respected his privacy. He could go to the mini-market to buy cigarettes and to Wal-Mart to buy whatever and people would say "Hello", as if to an old friend, but not hinder his movement in any way.
He kind of WAS like an old friend --- we all grew up hearing his music and seeing him around and he ALWAYS had time for his fans. A nicer, more easy-going person would be hard to find

That's very nice. I wish more neighborhoods were like yours...

Thanks Stephen.

jleerigby

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2003, 11:43:24 pm »

Listening to: 'I'll Go Somewhere And Sing My Songs' from 'Wanted Man' by 'Johnny Cash' on Media Center 9.1
Pages: [1]   Go Up