INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Registration - help needed  (Read 4967 times)

Jeffreyhicks23

Registration - help needed
« on: September 06, 2015, 04:24:33 pm »

I received a license code from Berkeley Audio after purchasing their reference DAC.  JRiver 20 for Mac downloaded and operated correctly under trial but I am having problems registering the license, and the trial is now expired.  After the code is entered, it repeatedly takes me to a page asking for password, re-entry of password and phone #.  The page reflects my first name in the name field and my last name in the email field - perhaps entered incorrectly when I first downloaded, but it will not allow me to fix these fields.  When I propose passwords and enter a phone number it cycles back to the same page.   I tried removing the trial version and down-loading again but get the same symptoms.  How do I get out of this loop and correctly register the product.

Thanks in advance

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Registration - help needed
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 04:35:00 pm »

You can use any password you want.  Here's how to restore a license:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

Jeffreyhicks23

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 10:45:33 am »

I had read the restore page.... I guess I didn't explain the problem well enough:  when I attempt to restore, I am prompted for a license code which I enter and which appears to be accepted.  I am then taken to an information entry page where the name and email are already filled in and where the name reflects only my first name and the email my last name.  It highlights the password fields and phone # as missing and does not allow me to enter the email to reflect a proper email address.  If I fill in the password and phone fields it doesn't accept them and takes me back to the request to enter these fields.  I tried completely reinstalling but ended up in the same place.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 12:18:17 pm »

Are you sure you don't have MC21 installed?  The license needs to match the version, and you need to install the license with the correct version.

You have an MC20 for Mac license, so please download and install MC20:
Download: http://files.JRiver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200132.dmg

If you did install MC21, uninstall it first.

Jeffreyhicks23

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 07:58:40 am »

It is MC20 and has been from the beginning. I have stripped it off and reinstalled now several times with the same result when I attempt to enter the license information.  I frankly would give up at this point but I need something to do DSD conversions.

Deanna

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 04:42:18 pm »

I have corrected your email address.  Please try again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up