INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyrics  (Read 21032 times)

buckeyewalt

• World Citizen
Lyrics
« on: September 06, 2015, 04:33:54 pm »

This might be an old topic, but why can't lyrics be incorporated into JRiver? If media monkey can do it, I see no reason why it can't be done here.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Lyrics
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 04:59:43 am »

This might be an old topic, but why can't lyrics be incorporated into JRiver? If media monkey can do it, I see no reason why it can't be done here.
not sure what you mean. You can input lyrics pretty simply in the tag window ... I use
Code: [Select]
<Link version="1,2">
<Item Name="Name">Musixmatch</Item>
<Item Name="Action">1</Item>
<Item Name="Base URL">https://www.musixmatch.com/</Item>
<Item Name="Search URL">https:////www.musixmatch.com//search//Replace([name],/ ,+)  Replace([artist],/ ,+)</Item>
<Item Name="Filter">[Media Type]=[Audio]</Item>
</Link>
you can import this into a new link (under manage links see screenshot attached copy the code and clcik the paste button if you don't want to do it manually) This one is for Musixmatch ...works pretty well, its one of the biggest lyric databases now.

or are you talking about displaying them? You can use one of the track info plugins in Standard View or configure your info panel in theater view to show these

or are you talking about auto-importing them? -- they would probably have to pay for the metadata ...

Haven't used Media Monkey for awhile now so not sure what you are looking for

buckeyewalt

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 06:54:14 pm »

When you play a song on Media Monkey, there is a box in the lower right side that displays the album then superimposed are title, album, artist and track # then has a field for "lookup lyrics". I just click on it and the lyrics pop-up in that square without me having to do anything except click on lyrics. For people who are somewhat challenged in typing field parameters, this is great. This is on their free player so there is no cost involved to me. Seems like to me at least that anything you want to do in JRiver is probably doable, but you better know how to do it and then it's not very simple. There is no tagging involved. Just a simple click.

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 06:03:35 am »

sounds like a feature request then :)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 11:28:12 am »

I second this request I would want it for displaying it.  Main reason why I still use Foobar for Karaoke nights :).

rael71

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 11:42:26 am »

Lyrics and JRiver is an old question...

Several people (including me) have asked for improved lyrics support (showing synchronized lyrics, download lyrics, etc) during the years in "feature requests" for the various versions.

This feature hasn't been developed and It seems to me that there's no official statement from the team about the possibility to have this feature in future releases.
I'd like to have an official statement from the team about improved lyrics support just to know if this is a feature that certainly will not developed in the future because the team doesn't think it's important or maybe there's a hope for this.

I add that I'd pay for these feature as a plugin or an optional add on but developed and integrated in MC
Bye!

Andrea

buckeyewalt

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 12:04:19 pm »

Hey guys, thanks for the support. As much as I like JRiver, it's getting to be an expensive media player. For someone like me who values audio as the prime reason for going to JRiver over movies or downloading and playing them back, this is something that should have been incorporated in the builds. To me, it seems like every time something is added, then it's called a feature and another build and more $$$$. To me a build should be a "MAJOR" improvement over the previous build and not just some added feature. I for one do not see major benefit (audio) from Media Center 18 to 20 yet, there is pricing differences that is hard for me to justify just for a "audio jukebox". All of us have a reason for using this great program, it's just that for feature to feature the competition is catching up fast and their doing it without much cost involved.

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 09:43:38 am »

I just tried the Metro Lyrics link posted by Ariendelle.  I had it up and running in about 1 minute.  It allows you to find lyrics for your songs very quickly.  It's not automatic, but if you want to store the lyrics, it's pretty useful.

I wondered if there was anything more automatic.  I ended up looking at JRiver's page of Skins and Plugins, specifically here:

http://accessories.jriver.com/mediacenter/accessories.php

Click on "Track Info Plugins" on the left (I can't figure out how to link directly there).  There are several plugins there that display lyrics.  I just downloaded the very first one, gooroomp++.  I can't figure out what to do with it to install it.  Are trackinfo plugins still supported?

Brian.

Guernsey

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Guernsey
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 12:05:03 pm »

Hi

I use Mini-lyrics, its a plugin and it downloads the lyrics and saves them in the song files metadata (or where ever you want)

Its very fast to download lyrics and you can have real time Karaoke if you use .lrt downloads

One problem it does not appear to work on MC21 as it seems to search for MC 15 to 20 exe when installing

I have emailed them twice but no reply yet

Hope this is of help

Steve
Windows 11 - i7 8750H
NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ RTX 2070
1st M.2 SSD Drive   128GB ADATA SU800 M.2 2280 (560 MB/R, 300 MB/W)
1st Storage Drive   120GB ADATA SU650 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 320MB/W)
Yamaha RX-V4A AV Receiver
JRiver 20 / 21 / 22  /23 / 24 / 25 /26 / 27 / 28 / 29 / 30 / 31 / 32

franswilco

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 05:24:36 pm »

Personally, I like any form of lyric support. I already use it in JRiver but it could be more front and center.

William-NM

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 09:37:47 pm »

I use Mini-lyrics, too. Working OK in MC 21 here except for some occasional trouble accessing their server. I think it's been on their end, but as I'm still smoothing out a clean Win10 / MC21 install, could be a firewall or Win10 glitch (believe it or not!). It's great overall - has lyrics for most of my library, and I've been uploading synchronized lyrics (.lrc) when they're missing, very easy to do. Nice, invisible background scrolling lyrics.

That said, I'm in favor of seeing an elegant built-in lyrics download & display functionality in MC. I recall that there were some copyright issues re: lyrics downloading (right??) a while back - so don't know if that's an issue.

An integrated lyrics and liner note system in MC are my top two wishes. (and later this year, when I get around to sticking some antennas on the roof, I'll be very thankful for all the TV work they've been doing lately, no doubt)  :) 

rael71

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 12:29:45 pm »

An integrated lyrics and liner note system in MC are my top two wishes. (and later this year, when I get around to sticking some antennas on the roof, I'll be very thankful for all the TV work they've been doing lately, no doubt)

+1!!!!
Maybe I'm repetitive because i said that several times but I think that liner notes and improved lyrics support are fundamental features for fruition of music in the digital age; I miss the time when listening to my CDs I held my booklet reading lyrics, liner notes but I think that with "liquid" music we can have the same even with better results (es. synchronized lyrics) and in a easier way (just play a button instead of grabbing a booklet).

Minilyrics works well but having an integrated tool wich do that would be soooo much better and easier to use.
So please MC team let us know if there's some hope for this otherwise I'll try to be happy with minilyrics..... (and not forget about liner notes!  ;))
Bye!

Andrea

Al ex

Re:
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2015, 01:07:55 pm »

Same here.

Minilyrics works well, but I really would prefer an integrated solution.

Now I have to fiddle around with the right positioning of the Minilyrics window over the JRiver screen, which is OK, but somehow annoying.

An all in one solution would definitely enrich the user experience of JRiver.

buckeyewalt

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 09:01:45 am »

I too would like to hear from the MC team regarding this request. You guys know much more about links and how to incorporate them into the player than I ever would. I really like MC but it's so hard to figure out some features that most probably don't ever take "FULL" advantage of its capabilities.  Anytime you want to do something in MC, you have to click here, click something else, click that, and then you "might" has succeeded. I feel that the best MC was 17/18 and then after that it was fluff. Some of the most recent versions of MC really don't incorporate useful features that MOST can take advantage of or have the equipment necessary to take advantage of these features. Again this IS NOT a slam on MC. I am a user, BUT as far as an audio player feature for feature against other players, we are not the best. Before anyone comes down on me, I supported MC in its early infancy and love the interface. Its just that the features that are being offered as an upgrade that you pay for does not justify the end result, for me at least, upgrading to MC21. If I was a betting man, I think that most people on here have another player other than MC on their system but there's no reason why MC can't be the only player if ease of use(simplicity) and useable features were the main goal of MC.

Arindelle

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 01:38:57 pm »

I'm not going to flame anyone. I certainly respect your point of view Buckeye, and agree recently most of the development seems to be more in video/TV and less on library management and the UI. And one can argue that its become a big swiss army knife. but since 18 you have some major audio improvements, and you can load the UI in audio only mode to avoid a lot of the extra stuff. Lots of the services and be turned off in the options (General=>Features)

Sure its still "photoshop" and not "paint" for audio ...sure you have to be a little geek to take advantage of everything ;) But, you can get some incredible stuff since version 18 like totally avoid analogue preamps, have digital "active" cross-overs; major zone improvements that can switch outputs automatically; R128 volume levelling analysis ... I could have saved literally thousands on my audio system if I had these things back in the day.

And even if you are a total couch potato, you get the WDM driver which is pretty revolutionary for any streaming content.   Of course I agree if you have one PC playing through to a receiver from a sound card and you never use any DSPs, or zones, this might not be a game changer. But you have to put it in perspective, before you infer it is no longer the best.  I don't know anything that is as versatile or as powerful -- to make it more accessible for beginners (there is a thread about a simple UI somewhere here "Pretty Face"?? I think) might be in the works. I'd hate to have simplicity replace functionality or customization, personally. I know not everyone agrees with this  8) Although I can think of some improvements to the UI ...  ;D

Anyway getting back to topic, adding things like lyrics,  I doubt this metadata can be used for free, as it is used for a "for-profit" piece of software. I can see if you are into karaoke, getting lyrics on the fly would be a definite plus. Maybe it could be licensed and a paid for addon though .. probably depends how many people would be interested to amortize it. Its a reason that some freeware players offer plugins, Foobar for example, that can be used because there is no monetary gain. Media Monkey is a paid app though, but lots of their plugins are done by users ... I'm not so sure of that I admit.

But its pretty easy to get lyrics into you tags (that's why I posted the code above, you just copy it and paste it in -- select the tracks and hit the link). I find that usually, if you can think of what you want to do, someone here can help you do it to save big on time spent on the learning curve :) (most of the time ;) )

buckeyewalt

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2015, 03:16:36 pm »

I appreciate your response on this and for pointing out some of the options that I may have missed on. By the way, I did paste the code and it worked OK, that is to say it will work as long as I don't have the song playing which is still OK. I do appreciate your help on that! :) I think that you can have simplicity and functionally all on the same player, just make it more user friendly. Believe me, if they can figure out how to digital active crossovers, making it simple with a click or two shouldn't be an issue. Lyrics are just a single part of what this is about. Like I said before, I was an early adopter of MC, paid my upgrade fee like everyone else. I wanted a nice, go to music player (ie music jukebox). For those who remember Music Match (MM) that interface and MC are very similar, maybe that's why I liked MC so much after MM was sold off and finally was not supported. This is coming out of a novice (me) but I really don't think that I could tell much difference in audio output between MC 17/18/or 20 running it through my system. I have a 5-1powered audio with a Creative Titanium sound card and if I record a crappy sound and download it, it will come out mostly crappy. You are lucky to have an audio system like you have, but for the most of us, there is a limit on what you can expect to come out of your speakers.

This is no way disrespects you and why you have MC. I'm say for myself and possibly many others on here just for the player alone, enrich it with features that we all can use by means of simplicity. I obviously don't mind paying for upgrades to MC but for me at least, it's getting to the point of diminishing returns.

Once again, thanks again for the lyrics code that was a big help for me. :)

Arindelle

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2015, 03:24:25 pm »

Once again, thanks again for the lyrics code that was a big help for me. :)
sure no problem. glad it worked for you :)

BTW it should still work even if you are playing the song at the same time you select it ... the tag can't be saved until the song is finished, thats true, but you can paste it in the box and close the window

buckeyewalt

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2015, 03:43:58 pm »

sure no problem. glad it worked for you :)

BTW it should still work even if you are playing the song at the same time you select it ... the tag can't be saved until the song is finished, thats true, but you can paste it in the box and close the window

OK it worked......A BIG THANKS!!!

rael71

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 11:49:38 am »

Still no answer from The team, but I don't give up....
Please there are a lot of people that are asking for improved lyrics support and are waiting for an aswer!

So please let us know if there's a plan to develope this feature sometimes or you're not even consideing to do this.

Thank you in advance
Bye!

Andrea

buckeyewalt

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2015, 07:53:47 pm »

Bump for a reply

stewart_pk

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2015, 10:43:23 pm »

I'd love this in Theater View. KODI has an impressive real time lyrics Add-On.

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 02:46:37 am »

I can't help myself and must add to this.

I hope it doesn't come out wrongly and not reflect what I'm trying to say and cause offence.

The request for lyrics is a good example of what I see as the split in JR users.

Camp 1 ... loves the power of the application and enjoys exploiting the programming side to tweak JR.

Camp 2 ... wants a quiet life, can't or won't wrestle with brackets and statements but just wants the programme to work easily.

I am now firmly in Camp 2, having tried Camp 1 for a bit and failing at initiation.

So, please, just add a feature in Theatre View like:

"Play song with lyrics"

"Play songs in play list with lyrics"

I can't programme, but suspect this to be a simple thing to do.

You will make the OP and me and my family happy ...

Cheers.

buckeyewalt

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 09:41:37 pm »

I can't help myself and must add to this.

I hope it doesn't come out wrongly and not reflect what I'm trying to say and cause offence.

The request for lyrics is a good example of what I see as the split in JR users.

Camp 1 ... loves the power of the application and enjoys exploiting the programming side to tweak JR.

Camp 2 ... wants a quiet life, can't or won't wrestle with brackets and statements but just wants the programme to work easily.

I am now firmly in Camp 2, having tried Camp 1 for a bit and failing at initiation.

So, please, just add a feature in Theatre View like:

"Play song with lyrics"

"Play songs in play list with lyrics"

I can't programme, but suspect this to be a simple thing to do.

You will make the OP and me and my family happy ...

Cheers.

I agree 110% of your assessment. Either a thumbs up or down would be appreciated. Looking at other music players that offer lyrics, I can only "assume" it really can't that difficult. I know what you mean by being in camp #2. In this day and age of simplicity, one or a two click option seems to be the norm.

iamimdoc

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2015, 06:20:41 pm »

You can use media monkey to automatically find batch lyrics.  I think the add on program was called Lyricator.  It works fairly well but doesn't find all of course.

Use Mediamonkey with Lyricator, save the lyrics and then reimport these files to JRiver.  Lyrics are in the tags can be displayed

JRemote has a feature where one can look at info regarding a file in the current playlist. 

One of the tabs is Lyrics, which will be displayed if present.

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2015, 01:36:17 am »

Sorry, no, you miss the point.

This process should not be necessary.

One click only and inside JR.

Programmed by JR, not the user.

rael71

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2015, 12:56:08 pm »

You can use media monkey to automatically find batch lyrics.  I think the add on program was called Lyricator.  It works fairly well but doesn't find all of course.

Use Mediamonkey with Lyricator, save the lyrics and then reimport these files to JRiver.  Lyrics are in the tags can be displayed

JRemote has a feature where one can look at info regarding a file in the current playlist. 

One of the tabs is Lyrics, which will be displayed if present.

I'm with spiggytopes but I'd also be happy with an add on developed by the MC and I'd pay for it.

Still waiting just for an answer from the team
Bye!

Andrea

buckeyewalt

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2015, 11:52:19 pm »

I and the few who also responded positively to my question still would like to get some sort of a reply from the administrators regarding this. If you don't want to do this for whatever reason, fine, at least respond.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2015, 06:54:55 am »

We'd like to do many things that people want, but we don't have time to do all of them.

I know you would like a definite answer, but I can't give you one.

rael71

• World Citizen
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2015, 07:32:26 am »

Thank you for the answer, Jim.

I know it's impossible to have a definite answer, for me it would be just enough to know if you exclude to do this in the near future or even if this is a remote possibility.

Anyway the most important thing is to keep communication on between the team and users.

Thank you!
Bye!

Andrea

Al ex

Re: Re: Lyrics
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2015, 09:18:50 am »

Thank you for the answer, Jim.

I know it's impossible to have a definite answer, for me it would be just enough to know if you exclude to do this in the near future or even if this is a remote possibility.

Anyway the most important thing is to keep communication on between the team and users.

Thank you!
+1

buckeyewalt

• World Citizen
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2015, 07:07:49 pm »

+1

Sapagrino

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2015, 08:53:54 pm »

+1

I would pay to upgrade from 20 to 21 for lyrics to work slickly within the app.  Will try the above suggestions in any case, so thanks!

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2015, 02:25:34 am »

+3 !
Pages: [1]   Go Up