INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Theater View Lights  (Read 6616 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
NEW: Theater View Lights
« on: September 16, 2016, 07:18:54 am »

The latest build has a new optional Theater View "Lights" plugin.  It can communicate with JRiver Engen to turn lights and scenes on and off.  Please see the Engen board here for more details.

Instructions
You can add the plug-in by doing:
Options > Theater View > Add... > Lights

Then, in the same location, you'll need to configure the lights plugin to point to the Engen server.  Just click "Configure..." on the same dialog you added it.

Once it loads, it will display the list of scenes available from Engen.  You click the scene to turn it on and off. 

Enjoy!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

imcardle

• Recent member
Re: NEW: Theater View Lights
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 11:34:30 am »

Hi,

I've just installed this add-on and it works fine for me.  May I make a couple of requests?

1.  Does the Theatre View menu item have to be called "Lighting"?  What if I have other types of device configured in my scenes (e.g. a switch to turn my speakers on/off)?  In this case, the name doesn't make much sense.

2.  Is it possible to exclude the two default scenes (i.e. "Turn everything on" and "Turn everything off")?  I don't mind them appearing as examples when I first install the add-on but, it would be nice to be able to remove them if they are not needed.
My hardware:  Shuttle xPC SZ68R5 case, Core i7-2700K, 8GB, TBS6284 PCIe quad tuner (DVB-T2), Intel HD3000 graphics, Samsung TV (HDMI), Aeotec Z-Stick
My software:  Windows 10 Home (x64), J River MC 22.0.97, Engen 1.0.55
My location:  United Kingdom

imcardle

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 11:56:03 am »

OK, so I may have been a little too quick to say "it works fine for me".  The default scenes are working but my custom scenes do not appear to work in Theater View - although they work fine in the Engen webpage.  Both are running on the same PC.  Am I doing something wrong?
My hardware:  Shuttle xPC SZ68R5 case, Core i7-2700K, 8GB, TBS6284 PCIe quad tuner (DVB-T2), Intel HD3000 graphics, Samsung TV (HDMI), Aeotec Z-Stick

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 03:39:42 pm »

You might have to restart.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 06:15:52 pm »

I don't think Lighting can be renamed.  What do you suggest?  We're also thinking about this since Engen does more than lighting now.  I think Automation might work.  So might IoT.

On and Off are standard and can't be removed.

Did you try Panel?
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,105883.0.html

imcardle

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 05:07:22 am »

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I've tried restarting and the custom scenes just don't seem to work for me.  I also tried deleting them and recreating them again.  It is strange because the two default scenes are working just fine.  Is this a bug, or have I just not configured it right?

As for the name of the menu command, I think Automation is a good choice but why can't it be customised by the user? Maybe it is more difficult than I imagine to implement it but it seems reasonable for users to expect to be able to choose a name that is meaningful to them.

I have tried the panel and it offers some interesting features but I see that as the next step after getting the zwave stuff working in theater view using my IR remote.

imcardle

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 04:54:24 pm »

Hi,

Is there any update on the issue of custom scenes not working theatre view?

I have managed up to now using the two default scenes because I only have one Z-Wave switch. However, I'd like to extend my system to include other devices and then I will not be able to do what I want to do without the custom scenes.

I know that I can use the web panel to control my custom scenes - but it is often more convenient to use the IR remote via theatre view.  I don't understand why it doesn't "just work"!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 05:22:57 pm »

I think we broke it.  Sorry.

BradATIMA

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 08:08:20 am »

Is there any update on the issue of custom scenes not working theatre view?

This should be fixed in the next build of Media Center 23 (version 23.0.9).

imcardle

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 05:25:14 pm »

Thank you for fixing this. I downloaded the update and my custom scenes are working correctly in theatre view now.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 06:41:42 pm »

Thanks for letting us know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up