INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 20.0.27 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 13557 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 20.0.27 for Windows -- Available here
« on: October 21, 2014, 11:18:29 am »

This is the latest version of MC20.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.JRiver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200027.exe

20.0.27 (10/20/2014)

1. Fixed: DSD with the sample rate 11,289,600 Hz would not open.
2. NEW: Added an option "Delay between blasts" on IR emitter setup for STB channels.
3. NEW: Added an option "Repeat count" on IR emitter setup for STB channels when the IR device is USB-UIRT.
4. NEW: Added an option "Blast Enter Key after the numbers" on IR emitter setup.
5. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
6. Changed: On an M4A, reading data past the end of the file will be a soft error that continues instead of a hard error (will make some M4A files import and play that didn't before).
7. Changed: The device info dump string is copied to the clipboard.
8. Changed: Updated the copyright date on the splash screen.
9. NEW: Library fields can be configured to have the edit type "Check" and then a checkbox will show for the field.
10. Changed: The WDM driver enters silence mode after 10 seconds of silence instead of 5 seconds.
11. NEW: Added dsp studio to DLNA server audio advanced options. REQUIRES the output format to be set to "Specified Output Format".

20.0.26 (10/17/2014)

1. Changed: Television STB IR emitter learning wizard uses one wizard page instead of ten pages.
2. Changed: Added Cover Art > Get Artist Images for Last.fm back.
3. Changed: Set-top box IR code learning wizard's instruction text is now different for different IR emitter systems (MCE vs. USB-UIRT).
4. Changed: When running IR emitter code learning wizard, the learned IR code is displayed.
5. Changed: The Category dialog scales nicely for larger fonts.
6. Changed: Media Center won't appear as a device in Media Center Audio options.

20.0.25 (10/14/2014)

1. Fixed: Another try at a build for 64-bit trouble.

20.0.24 (10/14/2014)

1. Fixed: The WDM driver was not signed on 64-bit platforms.

20.0.23 (10/14/2014)

1. Changed: The new tab button shows for 10 tabs instead of 6.
2. Fixed: Certain M4B Audio Books were previously detected as videos instead of audio files.
3. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
4. Changed: Television recording file names will be formatted using program name, series name, season number, episode number etc. if available.
5. Changed: Changed data format for USB-UIRT IR emitter code for learning and blasting.
6. Changed: USB-UIRT will have three emitter ports for configuration and the device will blast from specified individual emitter (note the build-in emitter inside is on port 3).
7. NEW: Added MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_SET_SUBTITLE_TIMING (28037) to adjust the timing of subtitles.
8. Fixed: The Bitrate for IFO DVD structures is computed properly.
9. NEW: Added JRiver Media Center as a WDM driver that can play audio from any source or program (just set MC as the default device and play in the other program).

20.0.22 (10/7/2014)

1. Fixed: MCWS/v1/Playback/Zones returns a count after hidden zones instead of before (makes hidden zones work with Gizmo again).
2. Fixed: A typo in television EPG wizard.
3. Fixed: When scanning for television STB channels, automatic filling of the "Channel Number" field (if turned on) did not work correctly.  It copied the entire channel string instead of just the numeric portion.
4. Changed: When a field has a newline in it, enter on it in Theater View will expand it instead of doing a search on it.
5. Changed: The slow motion menu items restore a disabled VideoClock when restoring to 1x.
6. Fixed: Drives were importing incorrectly on a Portable Install.

20.0.21 (10/6/2014)

1. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks Matteo!).
2. Fixed: When switching television channel on a client machine, the tuner on the server might not be properly stopped, or the time-shifting buffer on the server might be erroneously saved.
3. NEW: MC will load Season and Episode numbers from XMLTV file, if it contains data with system "xmltv_ns" or "common".
4. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
5. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.63 (support for TrueHD discs with Atmos data, performance improvements, bugfixes) (thanks nevcairiel)
6. Fixed: The Effects DSP did not properly load its settings when loading DSP Presets.
7. Changed: Reverted DSP interface change so that older plugins will work again (using SetInformation(...) instead of a new function).

20.0.20 (9/30/2014)

1. Changed: More tweaks to video clock synchronization logic (to hopefully fix slow motion playback of TV recordings).

20.0.19 (9/30/2014)

1. Fixed: Setting the date on an image would always clear the IPTC and XMP tags instead of writing the new date.
2. NEW: Added DSP/Loudness function to MCWS to get and set the loudness value.
3. Fixed: Handle Leak in settings and video functionality.
4. Fixed: The open/close arrows and the text would overlap in the experimental Tag Action Window.
5. Fixed: Minor correction when loading multiple track CUE files.
6. NEW: Added a "Slow Motion Playback" submenu when watching videos.
7. Fixed: Switching a view between "Chart" and other modes could cause the chart to not be removed or crash.
8. Changed: Tweak to video clock synchronization logic (to hopefully fix slow motion playback of TV recordings).

20.0.18 (9/26/2014)

1. NEW: Added the expression function URLify to URL-ify a string.
2. Changed: DLNA: Added definitions to the sinkProtocolInfo to be able to present that we render high resolution MP4 files with AAC and AC3 audio.
3. Fixed: Setting Month to undefined will carry through and clear the month off of the date (previously it would say January).
4. Changed: When dealing with television subscriptions that specifies "All channels", a preliminary filtering is done so there will not be too many instances of the same show being recorded simultaneously.
5. Changed: When loading television EPG data in the background, MC will wait longer for external XMLTV EPG programs to complete loading data.
6. Changed: Added television subscription time mode selection ("One per day", "One per week", "All showings" etc.) in Theater View (previously MC defaulted to "one per day").
7. Changed: Updated Japanese translation files (thanks Kazuo Tsuchiya).
8. Changed: Updated Slovak translation file (thanks Peter Lukac).
9. Fixed: Some CableCARD television channels with multiple audio streams were not handled correctly.
10. NEW: Added the ability to specify refresh interval (number of hours) for background television EPG update, allowing multiple updates per day.  The options are 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, and 24 hours.
11. Changed: Updated German translation (thanks Bytestar).
12. Changed: Change 9 of previous build is modified as follows: If user has specified a time to automatically refresh television programming guide, MC will refresh the guide on or after the specified time, or 20 minutes after any previous runs, whichever is later.  The 20 minutes wait is needed because some background loading can take as much as 20 minutes to complete.

20.0.17 (9/19/2014)

1. Changed: The web browser throws away "Downloading picture data" status messages instead of showing them.
2. NEW: Added Delete Folder to Explorer Theater View views.
3. Fixed: Deleting a file from Playing Now (physical delete) wouldn't start playback of the next file.
4. Changed: Failures are reported when doing Update Library (from tags).
5. Changed: Updated Russian translation (thanks Vladimir Eremenko).
6. Changed: Revisited Duration/Bitrate and FPS calculations from 20.0.16.
7. NEW: Multiple EPG profiles can be executed during automatic background updates of EPG data.
8. Fixed: Secure CD rip mode was not getting enabled.
9. Changed: If user has specified a time to automatically refresh television programming guide, MC will refresh the guide on or after the specified time, or as soon as possible thereafter, without regard to whether the user has run EPG wizard recently.
10. Changed: Added television subscription recording option to search "All channels" for a given program, instead of just on specified channels.
11. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
12. Changed: Television EPG wizard pages are re-organized so that automatic daily reload option is presented before the actual loading of data, and one can choose to skip loading data (only to configure auto loading options).
13. Fixed: Double-clicking at the end of the line in a chart would crash.
14. Changed: The Tag Action Window 'Show Tags In Current View' works a little better (you might need to customize visible fields once for the change to take effect).

20.0.16 (9/15/2014)

1. NEW: Import/Analysis of video files uses the new JRiver Video Engine for consistency across platforms.
2. Changed: The codec names used for the "Compression" field in video files are more consistent.
3. Changed: Options > General > Popup transparency mode also disables transparency for menus and tooltips if selected.
4. Fixed: CD burning was failing with error "Can't start the write.".
5. Fixed: Volume protection would override the startup volume setting.  Now startup volume has precedence.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 20.0.27 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 11:19:05 am »

A big thanks to Bob for adding DSP Studio to DLNA.  This was one of the most requested features.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 12:17:21 pm »

A big thanks to Bob for adding DSP Studio to DLNA.  This was one of the most requested features.

Booyeah!!!   :D :D :D :D :D :D

v_erich

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 12:29:05 pm »

11. NEW: Added dsp studio to DLNA server audio advanced options. REQUIRES the output format to be set to "Specified Output Format".

1++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks you very much!

BR
Erich

Domi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 01:32:58 pm »

Wowww!!! I will try it ASAP.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 01:59:05 pm »

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 02:02:00 pm »

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 05:34:28 pm »

Suddenly can no longer stream through a Chrome browser window (Win7).

Pegasus59

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 20.0.27 for Windows problems
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 09:45:17 pm »

I have recently upgraded from MC19 to MC20 (and have installed the 0.27 update).
I have also moved my music files from my PC to a Netgear 312 NAS.
I have been (unsuccessfully) attempting to edit the music file tags in MC20.
When I initially edit the tags, they are saved when I close MC20 (for the files to be updated)and the changes are correctly displayed when I reopen MC20.
But when I then make further music file edits and close / reopen for the second time, the initial edits disappear and the original file data is shown (tag details).
I have changed the audio file location form my PC hard drive to the NAS312.
Is there some change from MC19 to MC20 affecting editing tags (as I had no difficulties in MC19)?
Also, once I sort out editing the NAS312 music library tags, will the changes also show in my Id (MC20 Debian) as it utilizes the same media library?

NNTK

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 05:04:57 am »

I think filed type "Check" can use Pant tagging.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 07:05:01 pm »

The 6/dB octave high pass and low pass filters in parametric equalizer are not functioning as expected: see this thread for more details http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92834.0

dean70

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 06:46:07 pm »

SACD ISO file conversion is broken. Trying to convert on a handheld device to individual wav files per track and only getting a repeat of the first track for each subsequent track or getting mixed duplicates of a previous track. The track titles and tags show correct, but the audio file contents are wrong.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 07:47:40 pm »

While I do not use Media Center for viewing Netfilx or Hulu very often, the last 3 times I've gone to my 'Connected Media' for video both Netfilx and Hulu were missing.

After changing the setting for this so they appear, the next time I try to use this they are gone again.  >:(
Now that it has repeated itself 3 times I can recognize it as what I'd consider a bug of Media Center losing this setting. I do not recall having this issue in MC19, but as I said I do not use MC for this very often.
. . . the game is rigged

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 07:50:14 pm »

Cannot sign into my HULU account inside of MC
. . . the game is rigged

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2014, 01:05:31 pm »

5. Fixed: Volume protection would override the startup volume setting.  Now startup volume has precedence.
Seems to be broken in 20.0.27

dean70

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2014, 04:12:07 pm »

Seems to be broken in 20.0.27

There are some use cases where it doesnt work as expected:
Startup volume is set for the first zone that starts playback, but subsequent zones that are activated by a ZoneSwitch rule get the volume protection setting, even though they have not been used yet (hence the Startup setting) for the session.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 01:22:23 am »

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 01:55:49 am »

Trenton,
Your posts are on the Linux board now.

cassfras21

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 12:57:26 pm »

Hello,

I am having issue with discovering JRiver DLNA Renderer (linux version) from MC on my laptop (Windows version)

My setup:
-1 NUC running Wheezy 32 bits with MC 20.0.27 acting as local renderer (with USB DAC), DLNA server, DLNA renderer and DLNA controller.
-1 Laptop running Windows 8.1 with MC 20.0.27 acting as remote control when connected to NUC library or DLNA server and DLNA controller when connected to local library.
-1 Freebox player acting as DLNA renderer

When I start MC (connected to local library) on my laptop, Freebox player (DLNA renderer) will appears after few seconds (around 5sec) but I have to wait severals minutes before MC linux (DLNA renderer) appears.
If I restart the Linux mediacenter instance, this will make Windows MC discovering as fast as Freebox player does.

I think the issue is related to Windows version because I am not having trouble to discover Linux MC from the Freebox Player.

Hope this makes sense.

Media server: Synology DS916+ (Dockerised JRiver MC 22) || Media player: Intel NUC D54250WYKH - Windows 10 x64/JRiver MC 22
HiFi: Matrix i-mini Pro 2015 (USB DAC) >> Atoll IN80 SE (Int Amp) >> B&W CM1 S2 & subwoofer B&W ASW610

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 09:04:34 pm »

The bitstreaming option does not seem to do anything with DTS audio inside an MKA container.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92903.msg640036#msg640036

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2014, 12:03:08 am »

[The TVDB Series ID] is not a relational field (keyed on [Series]) anymore as it is designed to be.  More:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92703.msg640044#msg640044

That field has been relational since MC 17.0.72:

4. NEW: Added relational field 'TheTVDB Series ID' that will be used when running Get Movie & TV Info, when loading backdrops, etc. (if some series gets the wrong data, use 'Get Movie & TV Info' manually to get correct data one time and subsequent lookups of the same series will automatically use that series).

I'm not sure when it happened.  But it isn't showing as Relational on my system anymore, and isn't working that way.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2014, 12:42:09 am »

That might explain why "The Newsroom" was pulling in data for the wrong series as I ripped more Blu-ray discs last week.

Normally once you correct it for the first episode, everything else uses the right one.
I just assumed it was something that got lost when migrating from 19 to 20.
Pages: [1]   Go Up