INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 Theater View & Playing now suggestion  (Read 652 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC11 Theater View & Playing now suggestion
« on: April 28, 2005, 09:39:15 am »

Firstly let me say I think the team has done a great job with MC11 and the very usable Theater View that's now availble to us. 

But there is one thing that seem to cause some confusion for those using my system (which is always in Theater View).

When in the playing now view if playback is paused (or stopped) the green marker indicating the track stays there.  So if somebody comes along and looks at the screen it's impossible to tell if the system is actually playing something (and no sound is coming out) or if in fact the music is paused/stopped. 
This gets more confusing if you have more than one zone and are trying to determine if a zone is actually playing or not.

Can I suggest that either the green marker is hidden when playback is stopped/paused. Or even better change the marker to the universal "Paused" symbol or "Stopped" symbol. This way a quick glance at the screen will tell you is the music is playing, paused or stopped.

Another suggesting I received from somebody using the system was that they'd like to see the Album Artist/Album Name displayed in the title bar rather than "Home / Playing Now".  The tracks are listed, but if there's no cover art displayed at the bottom, you don't actually know who the artist is or the album name.

Richard

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: MC11 Theater View & Playing now suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 01:04:09 pm »

Yep, made some of these suggestions beofre, particulary the one about being able to display Album / Artist on the "Playing Now" heading appears to be pretty key (and I would not expect to be too difficult to implement).

I fear we might have to wait till Version 12 though  ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up