INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print like iTunes  (Read 1468 times)

rathmann

Print like iTunes
« on: August 10, 2005, 02:03:18 pm »

Hi there,

seems I am getting closer in finding the software that suits me best in organizing my music.

Up to now I have been using iTunes but it's a ressourche hog and far too slow.
So far I seem to have found all the functionality (and more) of iTunes in Media Center however one thing seems to be missing:

As my car radio is capable of playing mp3 data CDs I burn a lot of them. I'm glad I can do this directly from a playlist within MediaCenter but I am missing one thing: Print the playlist WITH album cover and actual track names. Those who know iTunes know what I am talking about - basically it prints the album cover and right to it the album and artist name as well as the track names, then it continues with the next album below in the same style.

Is there any way to get close to this this with MediaCenter? So far I am not impressed with the print functionality. It seems to be very limited. I only managed to print a plain list which is difficult for to quickly take a glance at in the car...

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,
Manuel

rathmann

Re: Print like iTunes
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 06:39:35 am »

Anyone?  ?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 06:55:00 am »

I have made printouts like this: MP3 CD #15 (a pdf file). I have used Excel besides MC.

If you like the format I can write instructions (…later, I am a bit busy with other things now).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 06:57:57 am »

You could also try the CD Labeler program.  It's part of MC and you should see the option to use it after you burn a CD.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 08:58:28 am »

You may also be able to use the MCXMLExport plugin.

I started using this to do an album listing like iTunes, but have gone back to scanning all my cover art first before I get the preset setup how I want it.

Richard

pank2002

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 01:24:45 pm »

You may also be able to use the MCXMLExport plugin.

I started using this to do an album listing like iTunes, but have gone back to scanning all my cover art first before I get the preset setup how I want it.

Richard

That was what I was going to suggest. On my website I have an example of how it looks. However I don’t remember the URL at the moment  :(
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk
Pages: [1]   Go Up