INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View configuration  (Read 2932 times)

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
Theater View configuration
« on: September 14, 2005, 11:05:42 am »

hi!

Last time I was confused about the different menu options in Theater View, and now it's time again. I have thoroughly gone through the whole process and written it down.

So, my problem lies in that I have to go through too many options before I can actually select a movie to watch!

Here's my steps (* means the choice I make):

Home > Video
*Theater View, All (3), Movie, Series, Short

Home > Video > Theater View
*All (3), Movie, Series, Short

Home > Video > Theater View > All (3)
*All (9), Action, Animated etc...

Home > Video > Theater View > All (3) > All (9) > Files
**Here comes the video files

Home > Video
Theater View, All (3), *Movie, Series, Short

Home > Video > Movie

Home > Video > Movie > All (9)
*?, 3, 4, 5 <- These are ratings

Home > Video > Movie > All (9) > All (4)
*All (13), 2005-06-17, 2005-06-26, 2005-07-16 etc...

Home > Video > Movie > All (9) > All (4) > All (13)
*All (4), 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

Home > Video > Movie > All (9) > All (4) > All (13) > All (4) > Files

What on earth do I do wrong?? Am I thinking wrong about how TW works or have I set it up improperly?

In Media Library - Video, I have only one View Scheme called "Theater View" that's marked as "Show in theater View". It has only 2 View Items in its settings, "Video - Type" and "Video - Genre".

In a perfect world, I'd like to have a navigation like this:

Home > Video
*All (3), Movie, Series, Short

Home > Video > All (3) > Files

alt.:

Home > Video
All (3), *Movie, Series, Short

Home > Video > Movie

Home > Video > Movie > All (9) > Files

Does anyone know this behaviour or are an expert on Theater View and can explain to me??? Please!! Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Theater View tree - too many branches!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 11:48:47 am »

Are you using a keyboard, a mouse, a remote, or a combination?

Try right clicking on video in the tree (standard view) and edit view scheme to what you want it to be.  Examples: Genre, then Name OR Name alone.

You can change MC's options for startup to open Theater View on program startup.

Marty3d

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 03:47:48 pm »

Thanks for your reply Jim!
First of all, I currently use a remote with TW, but the screen is the same whatever device I use.
Second, I'm not interested (yet!) starting TW on program launch, but thanks for the tip!

But I realized that if I only have ONE item in the View Scheme, the TW got much simpler to handle, gonna try to have several view schemes with only one item in the list.

Also, after looking around, I noticed something else.
Is TW using parent scheme if you select the first 'All (x)', next to the view schemes (displayed as folders in TW)? Because when I do, all kind of tag groups show, like rating, dates etc. For me, that's kind of confusing being able to drill down forever and ever...

How do you ppl set up your Theater View for video? I'd really like some examples!

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 03:52:32 pm »

First of all, I currently use a remote with TW, but the screen is the same whatever device I use.
Right, but it means you can't hit F11 to get to TheaterView as you could on a keyboard.

BTW, do you mean TheaterView when you say TW?  How about Theater View?

But I realized that if I only have ONE item in the View Scheme, the TW got much simpler to handle, gonna try to have several view schemes with only one item in the list.
That is probably your best option.

Marty3d

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 03:03:04 am »

Sorry Jim! Of course I mean Theater View when I type TW...should be TV or as you said, Theater View...just a tired man's typo :)

No...right now I actually go to the View menu and select Theater View there...then go to my living room and switch to computer output on my telly and continue watching films using ATI Remote Wonder ii.

But what about this one?
Is Theater View using parent scheme if you select the first 'All (x)', next to the view schemes (displayed as folders in Theater View)? Because when I do, all kind of tag groups show, like rating, dates etc. For me, that's kind of confusing being able to drill down forever and ever...

And again..how do you set up Theater View for film watching?

Thanks!

rmarmes

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 08:31:14 pm »

To make sure I'm clear on this:  I can have only ONE scheme defined for Theater View which is defined at the parent level ("Audio" in my case).  If this is the case what are some work arounds if I need more than one scheme within "audio".  For example, I want to view my classical music selection using one scheme, and much of everthing else with a different scheme.

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 10:49:49 pm »

Library

Audio/rt clk/ edit ----- setup what you want----- this will be the main view for audio.

Rt clk audio again ----- This time select "add view scheme" ----- setup what you want--- this scheme will show up as a thumbnail at the beginning of the main view above.

do this as many times as you want  ;D

THIS also works with video and ect.

Right, but it means you can't hit F11 to get to TheaterView as you could on a keyboard

You can prog. the f11 into a remote and cycle thru the 3 modes.

rmarmes

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 07:50:02 am »

Thanks, Griff.  That seems to have worked fine in Standard View, and more surprising to me anyway, in Theater View.  Thanks for the quick response.

Marty3d

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 03:51:29 am »

Another question to move me forward to the perfect Theater View setup:
Is it possible to hide items shown by the parent level?
Is TW using parent scheme if you select the first 'All (x)', next to the view schemes (displayed as folders in TW)? Because when I do, all kind of tag groups show, like rating, dates etc. For me, that's kind of confusing being able to drill down forever and ever...

silkshadow

• Recent member
Re: Theater View configuration
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 09:58:26 am »

Are there any instructions anywhere for configuring Theater view? I just rolled out another HTPC but its too underpowered to use Meedio with MC11 and all I want is music on this box. What I want to do is:

2) How do I change the labels of the menu items? For example, instead of DVD/CD I just want it to say CD.

3) Remote fuctions. I know theres a GML in the MC data directory but its not complete.  For example, what is the commands (windows message commands) for:

A) Return home
B) Jump to now playing (not jump to now playing on play but just goto now playing)
C) Change visulazation
D) Page up/Page down
C) Toggle full screen
D) Clear play list

There are others I don't remember right now. Is there a list somewhere of commands and windows message numbers?

4) Is there a way that, when I press the 'select' button on my remote it won't pop-up that irritating option menu? So it just opens that container and gets me to the music files? Having to hit the select button twice to open a file nested in three layers of containers is a pain.

Thank you!

I removed #1 because it was answered here. Thanks for that!

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 09:49:45 pm »

2) try ---- rt clk item/edit/ goto step 2

3)Check in "MC Dev Zone" at the top of the forum page. (It might be a little old)

4)Isnt that marvelous !

;D

Ans. to question:

MC11= NO

MC10= None of that crap, MC10 a bad mean machine on the HTPC end, it yust needed a little

refinement.

Marty3d:

How are your tags setup in std view? (What fields are used: Example Genes, names and ect. and how are you using them)

Marty3d

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005, 03:59:32 am »

How are your tags setup in std view? (What fields are used: Example Genes, names and ect. and how are you using them)

In the View schemes that I'm using in Theater View (right-click Scheme -> 'Edit Scheme' -> 'Show in Theater View'), there's only the most necessary, like in "Types", I only have the field "Video - Type" and in "Genres", the only field I'm using is "Genre".

But in the parent scheme (the standard "Video"), there's all fields that I'm using for organization, "Type", "Genre", "Rating", "Date Imported, custom" and "Date (Year), custom".

silkshadow

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2005, 05:01:37 am »

Thanks fo rthr reply Griff!

2) try ---- rt clk item/edit/ goto step 2

Humm, do you mean in standard view? I can't seem to find cd/dvd? It is labeled as "compact disk (f:)" under devices. Changing its name doesn't seem to effect theater view. I must be missing something, where can I right-click to change that label?

3)Check in "MC Dev Zone" at the top of the forum page. (It might be a little old)

Thanks, I will look there.

4)Isnt that marvelous !

;D

Ans. to question:

MC11= NO

MC10= None of that crap, MC10 a bad mean machine on the HTPC end, it yust needed a little refinement.

Sorry, I should've said that I am on MC11. Humm, that is too bad. I was creating a short playlist the other day (just to play some songs from some new albums) and it took me 156 clicks to select 18 songs (yeah I counted, I'm a dork) :(. That is really not going to work for me.

Thanks again for the reply!

silkshadow

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2005, 01:26:40 am »

bump
Pages: [1]   Go Up