INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.267  (Read 8627 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.267
« on: June 25, 2007, 01:06:29 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120267.exe

12.0.267 (6/22/07)

1. Changed: Album files were getting uploaded to the root of a device instead of to the music folder for MTP devices.

12.0.266 (6/22/07)

1. Changed: Added option "Options > General > Advanced > Allow multiple instances to run at one time" for users that want to run multiple copies of MC under different user accounts, etc.
2. Changed: Print Wizard always uses bicubic resizing when shrinking large photos.
3. Changed: Print Wizard supports printing any number of images at once. (used to cap at around 20)
4. Changed: Print Wizard shows a warning when a print job will require more than 5 pages. (has a no show again box)
5. NEW: Added option "Options > General > Advanced > Reset all confirmation messages..." to reset don't show me again check states.
6. Fixed: "Switch" misspelled in a player window tooltip.
7. Fixed: Quickly exiting Theater View while screen pieces were loading in a background thread could cause a crash.
8. Changed: EVR mixing is now available under XP for DVD playback. (may require Window Update to .NET 3.0)
9. Changed: Made it optional to show the "recently ripped" playlist following a cd rip. In rip options.
10. NEW: EVR rendering supports color controls. (brightness, contrast, etc.) (requires a decoder that supports it)
11. Fixed: Installer and uninstaller gracefully handle rare cases where the product name collides with a different product.

12.0.264 (6/21/07)

1. Changed: Improved logging for Podcast track number ordering.
2. Changed: Videos used in Theater View skins will loop playback.
3. Changed: Internal changes with regards to how Media Center is compiled. (should be internal changes, but please report any problems)

Eaten by a dog.

12.0.262 (6/20/07)

1. Changed: Obsidian is now the default Theater View skin.
2. NEW: "Library Sync" is a new feature available from the File > Library menu.
3. Changed: When clicking an edit style control in options, clicking somewhere else in the tree to stop the edit won't be considered a click. (so it won't change a different option)
4. NEW: Many enhancements to Library Sync. (more options, remembers all settings, supports playlists, supports conversion, etc.)
5. Fixed: Theater View did not nicely handle failures to start Direct3D.
6. Changed: Revised how the playing display window is hidden and shown to possibly help with Aero issue when entering Theater View from 1080i HDTV playback.
7. Changed: Dutch language translation updated. (thanks bennyd!)
8. Changed: (Web Media) Choices dialog box recording option defaults to actual title for SHOUTcast & other streams with .pls file type.
9. Fixed: Incorrect date error logged in Podcasts.
10. Changed: The Media Center SDK objects get registered during install instead of on first run of the program, which works better with Vista and UAC.
11. Changed: News and Weather show location pictures in Theater View.
12. Changed: Revised how Theater View skins can show location pictures so that a new entry isn't needed for each root.
13. NEW: Added support for thumbnail width and height tags to the web gallery.
14. NEW: Theater View supports using videos in the skin instead of still images for backgrounds, overlays, etc. (experimental -- may not remain)

12.0.261 (6/19/07)

1. Fixed: Installer reboot checkbox set different in Vista than others.
2. NEW: Vista pops an install complete message box.
3. Changed: RSS story headlines in Theater View wrap when expanded if they're too long for one line.
4. Fixed: Playback display duration changes while playing regular MP3 files (from build 260 #9).
5. Fixed: Importing a playlist with drive letters pointing to CD drives may cause a crash.
6. NEW: Added experimental "Sync From Library Server" tool, available with Ctrl+Shift+T. (may not remain)

12.0.260 (6/18/07)

1. Changed: When OSD menu is in display, other OSD request is ignored.
2. Changed: OSD Menu items "Horizontal Position" and "Vertical Position" are not displayed unless video is zoomed in.
3. Changed: Czech language translation updated. (thanks Johnny B!)
4. NEW: OSD Menu is now available for TV and Image playback. Still more refinement is needed.
5. Changed: Added "Position" and "Volume" to OSD Menu.
6. Fixed: Ripping with "overwrite existing" option would not update tags to reflect the latest file information.
7. Fixed: Shift+Page Up/Down during image playback wasn't working. (use to preserve zoom & scroll -- great for pixel peeping)
8. Fixed: In some cases, fullscreen would still show the start menu.
9. Fixed: Playing MP3 files that were still being recorded, display did not update duration.
10. Changed: Most messages use PlayerDisplayName rather than Name.
11. Changed: The incomplete shutdown dialog clears the last startup location when picking the option ""Use default window size, position, skin, and startup view".
12. Fixed: Searching for library servers would not work when the server was on Vista.
13. Fixed: If a popup dialog showed a popup message from Theater View, it could cause a hang.
14. Fixed: Pressing escape in some Theater View pages would draw controls over the top of the popup confirmation.
15. Changed: Back shortcuts (mouse button, backspace, alt+left) return from Display View.
16. Fixed: Theater View layouts that used percentages in their equations wouldn't work with some locales.

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.267
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 02:36:52 pm »

Library Sync is a excellent feature, thanks!

little bug - after doubleclick for fullscreen, mouse cursor not hide, hide only after additional movement

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 08:01:13 pm »

Library Sync is a excellent feature, thanks!
I agree... suggestion: allow this to be scheduled from within MC

Changed: Videos used in Theater View skins will loop playback.
Love the video option here, but maybe the loop should be optional? (If its not already)

C.

221bBS

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 09:06:03 pm »

I've noticed that semicolon delimited fields seems to have a bug when you have 2 names in it. They should look like this in the tag edit window...

but some times they look like this...after the semicolon there is a space

Editing semicolon delimited fields in files that hasn't been imported has a small bug. New data (data not in the database) will not show in the tag editing window if you click on the field to edit.

"The Art Of Noise" and "Max Headroom" are already in MC's database but "Artist Test" is new. If I click it to edit it it looks like this...

konshul

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 03:27:01 am »

misspell "click to swith to repeat current item"... And what about Russian language? Define more exactly e-mail, please. I can send my translation in a couple of days.

matt-uk

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 05:49:36 am »

I don't know if this is because I have recently upgraded to Vista or upgraded to 12.0.267, but I seem to have lost mouse scroll wheel functionality in standard view. It seems to work fine in theatre view though..

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 10:04:13 am »

Library Sync, me likey!!!

Now to find out what 'triggers' I can use to start a sync process........

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 10:15:56 am »

Library Sync, me likey!!!

Now to find out what 'triggers' I can use to start a sync process........
This thread provides more info (just moved from the beta board):
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41177.0

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 10:46:11 am »

It would be good if the OSD for video respected the overscan setting for Theater View.  The bottom gets cut off when I bring it up on my display.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 11:48:16 am »

Very pleased with the new theater view mode.  I look forward to each and every new release of the Obsidian theater view skin....better and better.

pank2002

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 01:27:45 pm »

I have mentioned this before, but it is becoming increasingly important to me:
When I import a PDF file to MC, MC does not read the PDF tags. Every PDF file I produce contains at least three tags: author, subject and title. These are standard PDF tags, and MC should read them.
It would also be nice if MC was able to search within PDF files, and maybe even produce a thumbnail of the first page.
Thanks,
Rasmus
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 02:44:44 pm »

Not sure if this is a new bug, but it's one I just noticed with the new upgrade.

In smartlists which use the [Playlists] rule, any adjustment to the modify results section causes the smartlist to lose track of the playlists it's using.  The smartlist just empties out, forcing you to go back in and recheck the playlists.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 03:37:03 pm »

The Library Sync tool is fantastic :)

However, it's giving me a lot of problems with cover art.
After syncing my old XP machine (which I now keep mainly as backup) to my Vista machine, most of the cover art either gets placed on the wrong album (I'll have a few albums in a row all showing the same picture), severely corrupted, or just disappears altogether.  This is happening both with new files and files that were already on the XP machine.  It's usually only the first track of each album that's affected.

Updating Library from Tags sometimes sets the cover art right again...and sometimes doesn't, sometimes changing it to another wrong image...have tried doing this multiple times to the same album and repeatedly got different pictures coming up, until finally the correct one appears.

Is this just my machine being weird ?

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 06:23:08 pm »

Weird ripping problem:

MC crashes fairly randomly under Vista (as do other apps, when suddenly Vista decides the app's not responding and kills it, even though it is still working!)

After it crashed in the middle of ripping a CD, I decided I'd start it ripping from track 6, where it had got to...
and MC said "there are no tracks to rip". It was fine when I just told it to rip ALL of the tracks!

221bBS

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 12:32:11 pm »

I've noticed that semicolon delimited fields seems to have a bug when you have 2 names in it. They should look like this in the tag edit window...

Seems it's not limited to just 2 names. I've run accross this happening with more names.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 11:33:55 pm »

I tried to sync my iPod (60gb video) and it crashed, tried again, crashed MC again.

Looked at the list of songs it wants to sync and noticed SEVERAL duplicates.  how do I have duplicates?  I looked closer, and yep, sure enough a few thousand songs are listed 2 or even 3 times.  They appear to be exactly the same, same file name, everything the same; duplicates.

How is this even possible.  Better yet, how can I eliminate them without manually looking for duplicates.  yes, I have a smartlist to find them, but I'd still have to select every other, or more songs.  Very tedious.

I'm guessing this is a bug of some sort that caused this.

Anyone got any fast clean up ideas?
pretend this is something funny

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 07:34:19 am »

This is on purpose.  If the list fits on one line, it will only use one line.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JONCAT

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 08:50:13 am »

1. Enable Auto-Rip and DVD Autoplay = Rip: MC encounters invalid argument. Started rip of DVD and it seemed to work okay although really slow.

2. Scrolling down in TheaterView results with this (the 45rpm labels are the Jamaican genre; you can see it's a bit misaligned due to the overlap):

3. A little tree redraw problem:

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 09:45:17 am »

Theater View is not obeying the View Scheme rules to:

1. Display no text under Tiles

2. No sorting rules are applied in Theater View.

3. With smallest text size (Arial Narrow) I get more thumbs in Theater View but they are still rather small, viewed from 8ft. on a 32" LCD TV. Please let us control Tile size in Theater View!

DC

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2007, 01:06:17 pm »

2. No sorting rules are applied in Theater View.

I have to admit I really don't get the sorting in Theater View - it seems to just be totally different from 'normal' mode, almost random at times (the 'albums'/tiles/whatever they're called seem to ALWAYS be sorted in alphabetical order, but the tracks seem to vary in the order they appear in...)

pgrisham

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2007, 04:18:50 pm »

The screengrab option is gone for creating quick cover art for videos (?).  I just reloaded my whole OS, so maybe I missed something when I reconfigured...

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2007, 05:09:36 pm »

The screengrab option is gone for creating quick cover art for videos (?).  I just reloaded my whole OS, so maybe I missed something when I reconfigured...

The Screen Grab feature has not changed. Play a video file and right-click the display for accessing the Screen Grab commands. You can also access the commands in the Player > Display Options menu during video playback.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

pshark

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2007, 07:13:43 am »

I've installed the MC 12.0.267 trial version, and when trying File->Library->Find    , I receive a 'Failed to find local media server' then a 'Error Loading Library' ->'Media Center failed to load the library "Search for Library Servers" and will attempt to load the previously selected library'. I have multiple upnp servers running on my local network (tversity & WMP11 [Windows media connect based]), didn't know if this was just looking for other MC12 libraries or any upnp server. Any clue?
Pages: [1]   Go Up