INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.404  (Read 12021 times)

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Media Center 12.0.404
« on: January 01, 2008, 01:23:41 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120404.exe

12.0.404 (12/31/2007)

1. Changed: When running in English, Alt+F+X will close the program instead of export playlists.
2. Changed: Tuned how ClearType text is converted to proper alpha text to create a less bold result. (applies to tooltips, Theater View, etc.)
3. Changed: Right-click on Display with audio playing shows display plugins at the root of the menu instead of nested under "Set Display".
4. Changed: Moved DVD screengrab right-click commands to the "DVD Options" submenu.
5. Fixed: Doing a right-click "Rename" in the panes on a non-selected item would edit the selected item instead of the item that was right-clicked.
6. Changed: Shift + Up / Shift + Down did not multi-selected in the panes.
7. Fixed: Panes did not update immediately when switching skins.
8. Fixed: Picking an equalizer preset did not immediately apply the change.
9. Changed: Smartlists will always be shown in the same order that they are synced to a device.
10. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks JohnnyB).
11. Fixed: Small cover art images were getting skewed on new iPods.
12. Fixed: Cover art was getting scrambled on new iPods when using iTunes and MC alternately.
13. Fixed: TiVo and UPnP Servers may not work with different languages.
14. NEW: Panes can be optionally set to show on the left or right of library views.
15. Changed: Panes do not allocate space for tagging mode checkboxes until files are selected.
16. Changed: Updated copyright to 2008.
17. Optimized: Improved pane performance.
18. Changed: Cover Art > Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory now works for video files.
19. Changed: During import of video files, cover art quick find is used just like it is for audio.
20. Fixed: Track Info now displays for cue files.
21. Changed: Handheld view is no longer affected by global access filter.

12.0.403 (12/26/2007)

1. Fixed: Loading a database could sporadically fail or take more memory than necessary.
2. Fixed: Importing images with no album would use the full date (with time) as the album instead of only the date.

12.0.402 (12/26/2007)

1. Changed: Revised the in-place edit saving logic so tabbing through multiple files does not save a value unless it is changed.
2. Changed: Added more logging to database loading.
3. Changed: Slightly tuned the "Remove broken links: Yes (protect network files)" logic to better handle files manually deleted by a user.

12.0.401 (12/24/2007)

1. Fixed: midi files were imported as "unknown" media type.
2. Fixed: In rare cases, highly-threaded areas of the program could crash with logging enabled.
3. Fixed: "Confirm Delete Time-shifting" option in TV did not work when "Start Digital TV in Time-shifting Mode" option was on.
4. Optimized: Showing a list-type field like Keywords in the Tag Action Window is exponentially faster. (around 30x faster with 20,000 files)
5. Fixed: In-place editing would not scroll lists horizontally when tabbing around.
6. Fixed: Panes were not honoring the gridline setting.
7. Changed: Dates using non-standard abbreviations (such as "Sept" instead of "Sep") now work.
8. Fixed: Clicking a tagging mode checkbox in the panes, then clicking "Enable Tagging Mode" in the confirmation would not apply the change.

12.0.400 (12/20/2007)

1. NEW: Rename Files From Properties can now make new copies of files at the target location.
2. NEW: Clicking the file type line at the top of Action Window > Tag window will jump to the format page, which contains a full tag and format dump.
3. NEW: Added the ability to pause and unpause the scheduler. (starts as unpaused after each launch)
3. Fixed: Ending an in-place edit by right-clicking and starting an in-place edit in another column would apply the changes to the wrong column.
4. Fixed: Podcast cover art could end up in the temporary folder instead of final folder when configured to store art next to the file (i.e. folder.jpg, etc.).
5. Fixed: The keyboard was not usable while viewing a webpage from Theater View.
6. Fixed: Improved handling of concurrent import (or auto-import) processes running during large, slow file move operations.
7. Fixed: In rare cases, undo / redo database operations could include internal changes from background threads.
8. Fixed: VisStudio plug-ins were not displaying on Track Info visualization pages.
9. Fixed: The import folder dialog would not scroll nicely in the path combobox during typing.
10. Fixed: The scheduler could be off by an hour for southern hemisphere countries currently in daylight savings time.
11. NEW: Screen Grab option is available for DVD playback.
12. Fixed: iPod view would not update correctly after an Initialize.
13. Fixed: Handheld sync rules not validating playlists and podcasts.
14. Fixed: Playlists not sorted correctly on older iPods.

12.0.399 (12/19/2007)

1. Changed: Tab, Shift+Tab, etc. navigation is no longer disabled when editing multiple files at one time. (remember that Ctrl+Z is available to undo a change)
2. Changed: Added panes to the tab rotation in the player.
3. Changed: Internal changes to visualization plug-ins, including 2D, 3D and Track Info.
4. Changed: When the handheld option to remove cover art from converted files is set, the option for saving cover art to the 'folder.jpg' file is disabled.
5. Fixed: Screen grab in video playback did not work when Enhanced Video Renderer was used.
6. Optimized: Improved core string performance, which makes all areas of the program faster.
7. Optimized: Loading and saving of the playlists database is faster.
8. Optimized: Several optimizations that improve program load time.
9. Fixed: Starting image playback from Explorer with MC not running could crash.
10. Fixed: In tagging mode, checkboxes would not be properly updated for nested fields on tree expansion.
11. Fixed: Manual podcast downloads were not showing In Queue with all caps to show they had priority. (but were still working like always)
12. Changed: When applying sorting to a view scheme or smartlist rule by customizing the view, other sort tokens are preserved if they're not at the end of the search.
13. Fixed: (again) File converter tool would create unneeded output directory.
14. Fixed: The first time you used the sound recorder it would record in wma format no matter how you configured it.

12.0.398 (12/18/2007)

1. Fixed: Build.

rjm

Re: Media Center 12.0.404
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 01:56:01 pm »

15. Changed: Panes do not allocate space for tagging mode checkboxes until files are selected.

I think this needs a tweak. When a file is selected and checkboxes are displayed, the panes do not auto-resize resulting in the checkboxes cutting off some text.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 04:51:57 pm »

16. Changed: Updated copyright to 2008.

FYI.  Copyright at bottom of "about" still says 2007.

Thanks for all your fixes.  Happy New Year!
John

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 06:07:54 pm »

I agree with RJM on this that it seems to need some tuning.  The current behavior is resulting in MORE items being cut off than with the previous behavior, and my Genre column looks really "cramped" now.

For example, a single long value in the Artist pane is cut off when no files are selected, but as soon as a file is selected and the boxes appear, I'm seeing a few of my Genres being cut off as well, which is annoying since they're so short to start with.  With the previous behavior, when a file was selected and the boxes appeared, a little bit more of that long Artist name was cut off, but ALL of the Genres continued to be fully visible, which just "looked" better since they didn't look so squished into a tiny column.

I thought I would like the new resizing, but in practice I actually liked it better before.  I never had a problem with the columns sizing for the tag-boxes even when they weren't visible -- it was such a small difference, and it looked better to have fewer items cut off.  The new behavior seems -- for lack of a better term -- "busier."

Anyway -- those are just my reactions to the current behavior in this regard.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 06:09:28 pm »

As others have already verified, I can confirm that the small art is no longer skewed on my iPod Classic.

Also, the smartlists appear to be sorting correctly (i.e. as they do in MC.)

Thanks again for the quick fixes on these.

Larry

MusicHawk

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 08:32:35 pm »

Just loaded .404, decided to add some cover images by locating an image online via Firefox, in browser selecting Copy image, in MC selecting Cover Art > Paste from clipboard.

Did a dozen or so just fine -- the new images would appear in the view's cover art pane. But then, on another paste, MC suddenly closed -- no warning or odd behavior, just gone!

MC server was still running, so clicked its icon and MC client quickly reappeared. But NONE of the cover art I'd added was showing. I find the just-added images in my cover art folder either (I store all cover art in one sub-folder, and never in tags). AND I find them referenced Image File field in the databases.

BUT -- the newly-added images do NOT show in MC. If I re-add one -- the same image, from the same folder -- it appears. But not unless I do this, even though it's already there and the Image File field references it -- it's not shown. ONLY the library records referencing images I just added before the crash have this odd behavior.

So, two mysteries:

Why did MC crash -- anything about what I was doing that is unstable?

What's going on with images not showing?

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
MC deleted to much
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 03:44:10 am »

I imported new pics from holiday, clicked play and detached display (ctrl 5), then full screen. Bad pictures I usually delete with shift-del when I see them. The second time I pressed shift-del MC deleted all my pics from the folder - for 10 pics of my 600 pics I didnt have a backup *grrrrrrr*.
This happended for the last version (could be .380 something).
I tried this with newest .404 and shift-del doesnt do anything now - seems that it lost focus. For me that could explain the behaviour in the older version - the focus moved from single picture to the whole folder without me noting it.

Maybe the way I was working with detached display was stupid, but how should a user know? Maybe you find something to prevent this from happening any more ...

This bug goes for me in the same basket "what I see is what I 'should' get":
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=42350.0
although this was not so critical.

regards

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 04:01:03 am »

I just discovered that I am unable to use the column auto-sizing with this build.  When a pane contains a very short field such as "File Type," and therefore is a very narrow column, as soon as I click on a file and the boxes appear, NONE of the File Type values display in the panes -- all I see are a bunch of ".." for all the File Type values.

Larry

gappie

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 04:11:24 am »

happy new year to all.  :)

14. NEW: Panes can be optionally set to show on the left or right of library views.
i guess the champagne is still not out of my system. what does this mean.
thanks
gab
 8)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 06:29:14 am »

happy new year to all.  :)
i guess the champagne is still not out of my system. what does this mean.
thanks
gab
 8)

Right click on a tab heading and click "Options."  You can now have the panes display above (the default), to the left, or to the right of the file list window.

Larry

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 07:08:27 am »

Right click on a tab heading and click "Options."  You can now have the panes display above (the default), to the left, or to the right of the file list window.

Larry

Where do you right click exactly?  I tried this and get nothing (no popup menu of any kind).  I currently have 3 tabs defined and right clicking of any of them does nothing.

gappie

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 07:36:37 am »

thanks larry. found it.  :)

sbsp2, left or right click or just move the mouse on the small arrow besides the name of the tab. you get options there. you must be seeing panes, otherwise it would not be there.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 08:47:01 am »

thanks larry. found it.  :)

sbsp2, left or right click or just move the mouse on the small arrow besides the name of the tab. you get options there. you must be seeing panes, otherwise it would not be there.

Got it, mucho thanks.

craft

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 11:57:12 am »

i'm trying to clean music tags with the 'Clean File Properties...' and set 'Fix Capitalization' to 'Lower Case All Letters', however MC doesn't respect this! Instead it formats all instances of 'dj' to 'DJ'. Is this a bug, or a feature?

Also, how about having these options demostrate their effects, so it would look like
"lower case all letters", "UPPER CASE ALL LETTERS" "Upper Case All Words" etc

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2008, 03:33:53 pm »

Craft, that reminds me of one thing that would be great (probably too late in the development cycle for that now...): A word list of exceptions to the cleaning pattern (like always having MC and DJ in capitals).

Edit: I mean a custom list that you make and edit yourself. I know there's such a list hidden in there somewhere because VI always gos capital (since it's a roman numeral), even though it means "we" in Norwegian, so I always have to do a manual check of Norwegian albums after doing a "Upper case first word only" (which is the Norwegian norm).
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 06:27:15 pm »

Very interesting that you should bring this up.  I always have MC clean tags on importing files and have always thought it would be nice but never thought it was worth asking for.

I personally would rather have an administrated list that would be managed by the community.  But I would like something like that!

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 08:38:37 pm »

Still seeing this issue when viewing customized visualizations, the YEAR field isn't populating. It populates on the "canned" vizs, but not a custom created viz or "canned" viz that I customize.

MusicHawk

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 08:46:25 pm »

It happened again, pasting cover art into MC .404 via clipboard, I did a dozen or so, and MC suddenly closed. But MC server was still running. Clicked, client reopened immediately, and THIS TIME MC hadn't "lost" the cover images I'd just put in.

But why has it closed abnormally twice after doing a series of cover art image copy+pastes?
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 08:52:53 pm »

Still seeing this issue when viewing customized visualizations, the YEAR field isn't populating. It populates on the "canned" vizs, but not a custom created viz or "canned" viz that I customize.

Try MC 12.0.405 when it comes out. I just fixed that problem today.

j

MusicHawk

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 08:53:01 pm »

Restarted MC, pasted in 5 more covers, and it closed abruptly again.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 09:01:53 pm »

Try MC 12.0.405 when it comes out. I just fixed that problem today.

j

Will do! Thanks for the speedy reply!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 09:14:12 pm »

Restarted MC, pasted in 5 more covers, and it closed abruptly again.

What file type are you doing?

Please start a new thread and post the tail end of a log after the problem. (Help > Logging > Previous Log after a crash)

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MusicHawk

Re: Media Center 12.0.404 cover art pasting crash
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 10:32:54 pm »

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
BUG: Playing .mpg from removable media using "WMP Engine"
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 11:53:45 pm »

Hi guys,

Due to MC's inability to play multichannel .wmv's in multichannel, I have enabled "Use Windows Media Player Engine" for video.  It's been working like a charm and is a fair compromise to a true multichannel audio engine.

However I noticed tonight that when I play an .mpg or .ts burned to DVD using the WMP Engine under MC12, MC12 believes it to be a live stream (I can see "Connecting" flash briefly before playback) and therefore won't let me seek or pause.  If I copy the file to a hard drive, with no other changes, MC12 plays it fine.

If I do the same right in WMP11, it seeks/pauses fine.  If I turn off "Use Windows Media Player Engine" in MC12, it also seeks/pauses fine.  It's only the above combination that fails: MC12 using WMP Engine playing a file from removable media.  Is there a reason MC12 should think the file is streaming Live when launched from DVD vs. local disk, and can this be easily fixed?

Thanks,

-Doug

EDIT: After more testing, I realize it's any file type (avi, mpeg, dvr-ms, ts) that is played in MC12 using the WMP Engine, either from removable media (DVD) or a network location.  This is rather inconvenient as I archive my shows off to DVD...and using the WMP engine they can't be paused or seeked.  Can anyone else verify this behavior?

P.S. Running Vista.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: BUG: Playing .mpg from removable media using "WMP Engine"
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2008, 10:37:44 am »

Due to MC's inability to play multichannel .wmv's in multichannel, I have enabled "Use Windows Media Player Engine" for video.  It's been working like a charm and is a fair compromise to a true multichannel audio engine.

Hmm.. I think 5.1 wmv files worked in the default playback mode a couple of years ago (i.e the audio signal was correctly decoded and outputted to six separate analog channels). I have never used the "WMP engine" option.

I just tried it with a few MS sample files and you are correct. MC12 produces only 2 channel stereo output. The same happens with MC11.1 so I guess MS has changed the system somehow (I tried this on XP SP2 with the latest MS updates). WMP11 decodes and outputs the same files correctly to 5.1.

Here is a 5.1 wmv sample file that can be used for reproducing the problem:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/1/b/41b10a4f-f4f4-4692-aa44-a458d0047e91/Robotica_1080.exe (20 MB)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 11:21:37 am »

Yeah, I'm not sure if/when multichannel .wmv ever worked, or stopped, since the "WMP Engine" option just worked bang-on and I never looked back. 

Only now is it causing issues, and I think it's because it is incorrectly telling WMP that the media on removable media (my prime issue) or local network drive is a url that needs to be streamed or something.  Weird!  Can anyone verify this behavior so I know it's not just me?

Cheers,

-Doug

matt-uk

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 12:54:11 pm »

Just noticed a strange behaviour... If there there are podcasts being downloaded during an ipod sync, duplicates are created in MC.

galahad1974

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 01:12:12 pm »

When you are changing the location of several large files (think 24, hour long tv shows, about 10 gigs) and you are moving these files between drives using the rename files function, it immedeately updates the database with the new loaction but, understandably, takes 20 mins or so to move the files. The issue is that auto import will see those files before the move is complete and re import them because the database no longer has record of them. Anyone else seeing this

galahad1974

• World Citizen
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 01:28:40 pm »

Im also seeing that for some reason its not auto importing Some mkv files and is others, although I think has been mentioned before.
****Update******
It apparantly isnt that they are mkv files, it had to do with the folder name. When i manually try to import them nothing happens
the folder name was
"(W_B) Zeta Gundam 1-50"

when it was changed to
"Zeta Gundam"
Manual import and auto import work fine

any idea why?

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 05:13:44 am »

mkv files are not playing for me. In the directshow options haali media splitter and ffdshow are selected.

Podcast album art is not being put in the cover art directory. It is getting imported into my image library every time i run autoimport.

Right clicking on panes when they are vertically stacked doesnt do anything. They should have the same options as when they are horizontally ordered.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 05:33:04 am »

the folder name was "(W_B) Zeta Gundam 1-50"

What was the complete filename path?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 06:22:51 am »

clicking back to a viewscheme with the vertically stacked panes doesn't honor any selections that were made in that viewscheme.

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 09:05:03 am »

This problem has happened many times and again when I installed 404.  Cover Art will arbritrilarly attach "one" cover art to several albums/songs and I have to go back and reattach the correct cover art.

Skylar

dtabuenc

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 10:44:18 am »

Do you have to do anything special to un-skew the art besides syncing? I can't seem to be able to uns-kew mine.

MusicHawk

Re: Media Center 12.0.404 crashing JRWorker.exe
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2008, 12:18:25 pm »

Ooops...

Just loaded .404 on my video PC, and had it import video files from a couple of folders -- it found about 140 .mpg files.

Just after the list of files appeared in MC, suddenly Windows started reporting "JRWorker.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Windows seems to have told me this once for each .mpg file, though I didn't count the error dialogs. I had to click through each one only to have another instantly appear. I eventually got them to stop by closing MC, which just vanished from my screen. So the library load was likely not saved.

MC itself never reported a problem.

Here's an example of what Windows kept reporting.

AppName: jrworker.exe    AppVer: 0.0.0.0    ModName: ivivideo.ax
ModVer: 4.0.11.399    Offset: 0005c364

UPDATE:

Restarted MC. The video files ARE in the library. But the Windows errors started again. However, a few "cover art" images were already displayed. My hunch is the crash is MC trying to open each .mpg to grab a frame to use as the cover art image.

I would suspect the .mpgs, because they are slightly non-standard, coming from recordings made on a ReplayTV DVR. However, I've put them into MC before, lots of them, without this problem. It created a still frame from each with no errors. And these .mpgs play just fine on my other computers, MC invoking Windows Media Player to show them. I tried that just now and MC again crashed.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Media Center 12.0.404 crashing JRWorker.exe
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2008, 12:54:43 pm »

ModName: ivivideo.ax

This is one of Intervideo's codec files. Probably installed with WinDVD. Do you use WinDVD?

I prefer to use the Gabest MPEG decoder for MPEG1 and MPEG2 video files. Check these wiki pages out for more info:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/DirectShow_Playback_Guide
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/DirectShow_Playback_Guide:DVD_and_MPEG-2

After you have found a better codec and if you don't use Intervideo's programs (i.e. the codec is a leftover from some old program installation) you can unregister the ivivideo.ax file from a command prompt:

regsvr32 /u [path]\ivivideo.ax  (replace [path] with the location of the ivivideo.ax file)

MusicHawk

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2008, 01:01:21 pm »

>> This is one of Intervideo's codec files. Probably installed with WinDVD. Do you use WinDVD?

I've never played a DVD on this HP computer, but you're right, I see that WinDVD is installed. I'll try to get a different codec and see what happens.

Thanks!

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2008, 05:15:26 pm »

Had a eureka moment today in my quest to play .dts and multichannel .wma/v from MC12.

Since I rebuilt my HTPC with MC12, Vista and Realtek HD Audio (MS drivers), I had noticed that the output DSP plugin wouldn't allow me to output > 2 channels.  Didn't pay much attention to it at the time, but MC12 appeared to think I had only a stereo sound card.

Today, I realized that if I set ffdshow to mix down to 2 channels, .dts files play fine within MC12.  As soon as I put ffdshow's mixer back to 5.1, MC12 won't let me play the files and instead generates an error.  I think this behavior is related.

Can someone with Vista, MC12, and a 5.1 setup using HD Audio confirm whether the output DSP allows >2 channel output for you?  I'd like to know if it's just me.

Thanks!

-Doug

llafriel

• World Citizen
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2008, 04:21:16 am »

I'm loving this! But is it possible to toggle the left pane(the one with audio, playlists etc.) like Opera does it? i.e. moving the mouse to the far left and clicking toggles it on/off. Much more convenient than aiming for an area a few pixels wide, wich also changes location.

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/llafriel/?action=view&current=pic.jpg
There are two columns on the far left in this picture. My suggestion is removing the light grey one, and using the dark grey one for toggling the pane, this way it would be in the same location permanently and much easier to hit with the mouse.

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2008, 07:46:27 am »

As my original post is quickly dropping to the bottom of the posts list, here's a small reminder. I have a problem that might be a bug in 12.0.404.

Original thread: Problem: iPod ratings overwriting MC ratings

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2008, 07:50:22 pm »

Can someone with Vista, MC12, and a 5.1 setup using HD Audio confirm whether the output DSP allows >2 channel output for you?  I'd like to know if it's just me.

Thanks!

-Doug

OK, on my one XP remaining box w/ AC97 5.1 audio I installed MC12 today and...yahoo!  It plays multichannel .dts and .wma files in 5.1!  Everything works as expected, which is wonderful!

...but back to my Vista/RealtekALC888(I think - it's 7.1 Intel HD Audio) system that MC12 only sees as a 2-channel audio system.  I don't know if this is due to Vista, or the audio codec, but now that I realize what it should have been doing from the start I have some of my sanity back!  JR Guys, is this a known bug?  Every other program properly recognizes it as multichannel capable.

-Doug

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2008, 08:00:19 am »

Minor sorting issue I found in .404

I use the expression, =FormatDate([Date Imported, 0], elapsed), to show the "age" of a song in the library.  When I sort that column  in descending order, it starts with the files that have been in the system for the most number of days under a year, proceeding down to the most recent songs, then lists the songs that have been in the longest over a year down to the most recent that are the more than a year old.

As an example, when in descending order

364 days
362 days
|
|
1 day
4.8 years
4.2 years
|
|
1.01 years

Any idea how to fix this?  Is the error in the expression or in the sort routine?

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2008, 08:13:25 am »

DirectShow need some improovment. AC3 files are not abel to play in DolbyDigital 5.1. transcoded for an external amplifier over spdif. ?
Wake up and slow down 😴

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2008, 07:19:21 am »

If you have the panes set to be Left or Right (vertical), at some point MC12 draws the 3rd, 4th, etc. panes too small and gives the 1st and 2nd panes too much real estate (not proportioning well like top/horizonal panes have always done).

SwellGuy

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2008, 11:02:44 am »

The skewed cover art problem is fixed in this build but there is no way to correct artwork already on the iPod. You will have to clear your iPod (Initialize iPod) and re-sync to correct the skewed images already on the device.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2008, 01:36:51 pm »

DirectShow need some improovment. AC3 files are not abel to play in DolbyDigital 5.1. transcoded for an external amplifier over spdif. ?

Do you have decoders that handle AC3 (such as AC3Filter, FFDShow)?

When outputting to SPDIF make sure you do not use DSP Studio.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2008, 07:24:14 pm »

The skewed cover art problem is fixed in this build but there is no way to correct artwork already on the iPod. You will have to clear your iPod (Initialize iPod) and re-sync to correct the skewed images already on the device.

Oops -- I accidentally posted that it was 405 that corrected this issue in another thread, but it was indeed 404.  I tried to find that post and correct it, but it looks like it was deleted already.

Sorry about any confusion I might have caused.

Larry

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2008, 08:45:29 am »

Hi all,

Looks like shell integration is broken in this version. I have the tick box checked under general options but right click in explorer does not give me the media center option.

Rgds...Ross

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2008, 10:15:14 am »

OK, on my one XP remaining box w/ AC97 5.1 audio I installed MC12 today and...yahoo!  It plays multichannel .dts and .wma files in 5.1!  Everything works as expected, which is wonderful!

...but back to my Vista/RealtekALC888(I think - it's 7.1 Intel HD Audio) system that MC12 only sees as a 2-channel audio system.  I don't know if this is due to Vista, or the audio codec, but now that I realize what it should have been doing from the start I have some of my sanity back!  JR Guys, is this a known bug?  Every other program properly recognizes it as multichannel capable.

-Doug

Hate to respond to my own posts, but here's a message that corroborates my experiences with Realtek HD Audio under Vista: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39574.msg285911#msg285911.  It certainly seems that there are issues recognizing the hardware as multichannel-capable.

-Doug

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2008, 10:25:59 am »

Hi all,

Looks like shell integration is broken in this version. I have the tick box checked under general options but right click in explorer does not give me the media center option.

Rgds...Ross

After installing a new build, shell extensions can be unavailable until a reboot.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up