INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art problems and how to remove completely?  (Read 1606 times)

juggler

• Junior Woodchuck
Cover art problems and how to remove completely?
« on: January 26, 2008, 11:53:20 am »

Hi,

I've noticed for some time that the cover art MC adds to music is often wrong. About 50% of my library has the same Wilco album cover! I imported a load of music recently and it all has Bowie's Hunky Dory as the cover art.

I'm not really interested in having cover art to be honest... How can I switch it off completely and get rid of all existing album art. In particular I have the option checked "Also store image in the file's tag". So how do I clean the (incorrect) cover art from all my existing mp3's?

Many thanks!
Alfie.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover art problems and how to remove completely?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 02:07:31 pm »

rightclick on the images, choose coverart>remove coverart.

:)

juggler

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 04:11:40 pm »

Worked great thanks! Is there an option to stop MC trying to load any new ones (have already unchecked box to put into the mp3 tags...).

Alfie.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 04:13:25 pm »

I've noticed for some time that the cover art MC adds to music is often wrong. About 50% of my library has the same Wilco album cover! I imported a load of music recently and it all has Bowie's Hunky Dory as the cover art.
That probably means you've got a lot of music in one directory and only one folder.jpg in that directory.

You could remove the folder.jpg file, but WMP will re-create it.

You could move the music to directories organized by Artist and Album.  Right click on a few files and try Library Tools/Rename Files from Properties.  Experiment with a few before you do very many.

gappie

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 05:00:36 pm »

Worked great thanks! Is there an option to stop MC trying to load any new ones (have already unchecked box to put into the mp3 tags...).

Alfie.
when you mean after ripping a cd. then in options>cd & dvd>cd ripping. disable get coverart from the internet after ripping.
should do the trick?

an other option is ofcource what jim says. reorganise for instance your files in album folders. is easy with the 'rename files from properties' function.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 06:24:52 pm »

Are you running Vista?  It 'hides' the folder.jpg file as a 'protected system file'.  Took me a while to figure out why every new audio file I put in a specific folder got the same cover art, when there were no images in that folder.  Turned off 'show protected system files' and found the folder.jpg that was 'infecting' my tracks.

juggler

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 01:15:18 am »

I do keep a lot of files in one folder so that almost certainly explains what was going on. Many thanks for all the info - I now have all options available to me!
Pages: [1]   Go Up