INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem syncing to device with smartlist containing an "OR" clause [solved]  (Read 2899 times)

rockpool

• Recent member

I think I found a bug - I have a smartlist which includes items from the last 40 days OR items with 4/5 star rating.

When I try and use this smartlist to sync a directory, MC12 450 hangs the entire PC during the analyze stage - I can't use task manager to close it, only the power switch gets me out.

if I right-click the device and sync, it seems fine - it's only if I left-click it and choose analyze, or it goes and does it on it's own there is a problem.

If I remove the OR clause it works fine.

This smartlist works perfectly as a playlist, just not when used to sync to a removable drive (or a directory on the same PC even)

can anyone else reproduce this?

rockpool

• Recent member
Re: Problem syncing to device with smartlist containing an "OR" clause
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 05:06:58 pm »

On further testing, I think it may have more to do with the "Expand to full albums" option than the OR clause.

rockpool

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 05:13:44 pm »

more testing - it seems only very simple smartlists work, anything complicated, with a couple of clauses or so always fail to analyze..

Anyone else?

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 06:56:59 pm »

Yes, looks as if they are having a bug there since at least 12.0.438. I mentioned it here and reported it at the current build thread here.

rockpool

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 07:03:04 pm »

I suspected as much. Damn. I only just moved off v10 which NEVER let me down. Now, I'm stuck with no sync to my handheld player. Going back to 10 isnt an option either as I've spent 20 days migrating my library.

Let's hope they resolve this soon.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 05:18:09 am »

I suspected as much. **. I only just moved off v10 which NEVER let me down. Now, I'm stuck with no sync to my handheld player. Going back to 10 isnt an option either as I've spent 20 days migrating my library.

Let's hope they resolve this soon.

I'm quite sure they will do so! I think they just missed my old posting about that. If they would have read, they would have fixed it ;)

I'm not sure when this bug appeared for the first time. It is in build 450 and 447. Perhaps downgrading to build 438 may fix this for the moment. If they get it working again, you can update to the most current version again. If you wanna give 12.0.438 a try: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=45142.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up