INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: small idea. Change date and time dialogue for images.  (Read 1666 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
small idea. Change date and time dialogue for images.
« on: June 29, 2008, 05:52:01 am »

yesterday it happened again, i got pictures from a trip from two different cameras. one was 20 minutes in front, the other 90 minutes back.

i was wondering if it would be nice if there was a small tool that would let you change the date and time for a selection of pictures by for instance 90 minutes.

i guess it is not possible with an expression, although that also would be an option.
ChangeDate([Date],90,m)

:)
gab

edit: i just googled a bit. this programm seems to do what i mean. would be a nice feature in mc to http://www.exifpro.com/Help/ToolDateTime.htm

darichman

• MC Beta Team
Re: small idea. Change date and time dialogue for images.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 07:37:09 am »

I asked for this a while ago :) I make the same mistake on a regular basis. A batch date modification tool would indeed be sweeet.
There are programs that will do a batch EXIF tag update for you, but many of them cost. One I've tried that seems to work is called, simply enough: "EXIF date changer"

The only problem is that MC won't read the new EXIF date automatically if you have already imported the photos into MC and applied MJMD tags. Even if you select "update library from files." I just end up reimporting the raw photos from the camera again: ie batch change the dates and THEN import into MC --the dates should be right.

If you don't have a copy of the photos that you haven't previously imported, you could try wiping the MJMD/IPTC tags and reimporting (might want to back up your data first though :))

Hope that helps!

gappie

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 09:23:01 am »

thanks a lot. that will prevent me from some difficulties i can encounter, and how to solve them, when have decided wich programm i will start using to change those dates/times.
much appreciated.

:)
gab

gappie

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 03:44:53 pm »

I asked for this a while ago :) I make the same mistake on a regular basis. A batch date modification tool would indeed be sweeet.
There are programs that will do a batch EXIF tag update for you, but many of them cost. One I've tried that seems to work is called, simply enough: "EXIF date changer"

The only problem is that MC won't read the new EXIF date automatically if you have already imported the photos into MC and applied MJMD tags. Even if you select "update library from files." I just end up reimporting the raw photos from the camera again: ie batch change the dates and THEN import into MC --the dates should be right.

If you don't have a copy of the photos that you haven't previously imported, you could try wiping the MJMD/IPTC tags and reimporting (might want to back up your data first though :))

Hope that helps!

i just started to experiment with exifpro, where the link in the first post came from. and i must say that it looks promising. changed a bunch of dates. had to do an update library from tags. but that was it. kept my people unattached. good thing is that it is fully functional, paying only takes away the start splash. im gonna pay though, if im still this happy about it tomorow.   8)

:)gab

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 07:57:43 pm »

I'll give it a try too :)
Glad you got it sorted!

pank2002

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 04:37:10 am »

I have had the same problem some times. It would be nice if MC offered this feature. In the past, when I have had this problem I have used a similar program to ExifPro.
-Rasmus
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk
Pages: [1]   Go Up