INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sansa Fuze playlist "empty?"  (Read 9588 times)

jehrico76

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Sansa Fuze playlist "empty?"
« on: March 07, 2009, 10:24:15 am »

I recently bought a Sandisk Sansa Fuze.  I've never really used my MC with an MP3 player until now.  I figured out how to get it to sync my playlists while converting onto the sansa.  My problem is, is that even though all of the songs transfer, the playlists don't transfer correctly.  If I explore the sansa from my computer, I can find the playlist folders, and the playlists are in there.  If I open them up with notepad, they show all of the songs that they should for that playlist.  My problem is that the sansa considers the playlist "empty," because it's not formatted right or something, I don't know.  Any clues as to what is going on?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sansa Fuze playlist "empty?"
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 10:52:22 am »

I believe the Fuze setup allows you to switch between two modes.  One of these is MTP.  Try not using MTP.

jehrico76

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 11:28:20 am »

I already use MSC because MTP is soooo freaking slow.  Any other ideas?

jehrico76

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 10:10:55 pm »

I think I figured it out...no thanks to the sandisk fuze forum.  Playlists work exactly as expected with MC if the fuze is in MTP mode, but don't work at all in MSC mode.  Sandisk's firmware is not very good, I think.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 07:17:53 am »

... but don't work at all in MSC mode. 

Were you able to determine where the playlists should go?  You can change MC options for locations on any device.

You should be able to see where the files are from Explorer.  Try moving them to new locations with Explorer, just to see if you can get it to work.  Then change MC options.

jehrico76

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 09:11:55 pm »

Were you able to determine where the playlists should go?  You can change MC options for locations on any device.

You should be able to see where the files are from Explorer.  Try moving them to new locations with Explorer, just to see if you can get it to work.  Then change MC options.

I changed the locations of the files, and I did quick find/replace to change the relative paths.  Couldn't get the M3U playlist that MC13 created to work on it no matter what.  I probably tried around 15 different formats on the playlists and playlist locations.

fuzer

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 09:45:07 am »

Do you have some special characters in the filename or foldername? You must save the playlist in the format m3u8. This format is UTF-8 encoded and can handle special characters.

The Tool "Playlistgenerator" generate Playlist in the m3u8 Format. It is very simple and works fine on my sansa fuze. You have only to select the folder that contains the mp3 files, to set the name for the list and press the generate button. The tool generate the playlist in the selected folder.
You can download it at http://software.mywebshop.ch/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=34&Itemid=55
Pages: [1]   Go Up