INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 14.0.69 -- Available Here  (Read 5042 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Media Center 14.0.69 -- Available Here
« on: September 16, 2009, 01:55:30 pm »

This is a stable version of MC 14.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter140069.exe

14.0.69 (09/15/2009)

1. Changed: ipod defines to work with itunes 9.0.0 database.
2. Fixed: gracefully ignore corrupt flac files with insane number of supposed comments in the metadata.
3. Changed: When a television recording ends, a sidecar file is automatically created.
4. Fixed: The grab on the tree/view splitter would be reset if the Action Window changed height from the size.
5. Changed: Performer Store is back. Previous builds had an installation error that prevented the store from working properly.
6. Changed: If the user has not selected any transform filter ("Other Filters") except for the "JRiver Bitrate Monitor" for MPEG video and JRiver television recording files, MC will try to use the Microsoft video decoder.
7. Changed: In custom IR blast dialog, import from Pronto hex code is now available on Vista/Win7 as well as XP.

14.0.68 (09/15/2009)

Internal testing build.

14.0.67 (09/11/2009)

1. Changed: Updated EPG in Standard View to allow viewing further into the future. (allows back 2 days, forward two weeks plus two days)
2. NEW: Added command 'Rebuild Thumbnail' to the cover art menu to force thumbnail building. (builds video thumbnails even if the option is disabled in Options > Tree & View)
3. Fixed: Television OSD for current and next programs displayed only the sub-titles without the series name.
4. Changed: Switched sliders on output plug-in configuration dialogs to JRiver sliders; fixed tab navigation issues.
5. Fixed: Vista's window presentation engine would not correctly handle displaying multiple subsequent 3D views. (problem fixed by Microsoft in Windows 7, workaround added for Vista)
6. Fixed: Syncing a portable device from Library Server did not work correctly.
7. Fixed: When canceling time-based subscriptions for a television channel, the subscription's recording start time was displayed as "4:00PM 12/31/1899" (109 years ago).  Now it will be shown as "4:00PM every Mon, Tue, Fri", for example.
8. Changed: Adding files to the library will run one-at-a-time during a background import, and only two-at-a-time during a manual import.
9. Optimized: Auto-import builds thumbnails two-at-a-time when run manually.
10. Changed: Auto-import will no longer respond to external file system changes while playing in Display View, but instead wait to reconcile changes until exiting Display View.
11. Fixed: Folder watching would not always kick-in right away after making changes with a fresh install.
12. NEW: Added 'Run Auto-Import Now' option to Import wizard.
13. NEW: Reworked the 'Auto-Import' page of the import wizard to be less intrusive with suggestions.
14. Changed: Improved support for shortcuts like right-click and double-click in the Auto-Import wizard.
15. Changed: Minor change to ipod detection that could possibly have resulted in an ipod model detection error.

14.0.66 (09/10/2009)

1. Changed: When a DirectShow graph error occurs in the playback graph during television time-shifting (or during watching while recording), MC no longer aborts the entire operation.  It simply attempts to restart playing graph so recording can continue.
2. Changed: 'Tempo & Pitch' DSP uses 0.01x steps (previously used much larger steps).
3. Changed: 'Tempo & Pitch' DSP allows typing to enter values. (typed values take effect after one second of no typing)
4. Changed: Sliders used in DSP plugins are custom controls instead of system sliders (better skinning, better mouse wheel support, etc.).
5. Changed: Improve tabbing support in many dialogs.
6. Fixed: Canceling television recording by right-click menu "Cancel Current Recording" did not work if the recording was a time-based subscription recording.
7. NEW: Ability to schedule recurring recordings (time-based subscriptions) for TV channels with no EPG data.

14.0.65 (09/08/2009)

1. Optimized: Further improvements to user interface updating during playback (also fixes position slider problem with build 64).
2. Fixed: Using MCC Theater View commands while zoomed into the File Info panel could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: XMLTV parser trims non-printing characters from values for better support of some third-party XML.
4. Fixed: Nested Theater View root items wouldn't appear when first entering Theater View.
5. Fixed: Filling properties from filenames and using dates didn't always work properly.
6. Fixed: A tagless MP3 could show up with a genre of 'Blues'.
7. Changed: Improved FileVolume(...) expression support for (Install Drive):\ style filenames used in portable installs.
8. Fixed: In a portable install, settings that ended with escape characters (backslash, equals, etc.) could become corrupted. (may require delete and reinstall to fully fix)
9. Fixed: In some cases, like when resuming from S3 standby, Media Center could show an 'Analyzing devices...' wait message despite being minimized.
10. Fixed: Having a modeless popup tool like 'Convert Files' open would make Theater View disable itself for keyboard and mouse input.
11. Changed: Tweaked the 'Repeat Playlist' mode so that it will loop on a single audio file but won't loop on a single image or video.
12. Fixed: The Theater View option "Disable Windows Media Center" would always appear unchecked.
13. Fixed: Learned remote commands couldn't be tested until exiting the options dialog.

14.0.64 (09/04/2009)

1. Fixed: Turning off media types in Features in Options > General > Advanced > Features could cause a crash.
2. Changed: Showing of library views on the 'View' menu when in a library view is in a nested 'Library Views' submenu.
3. NEW: Theater View file info panel templates can use 'Small Image' or 'No Image' styles.
4. Changed: Theater View file info panel roller shows in place of secondary roller, allowing more space for content.
5. Changed: Revised text formatting of dates for recorded television in Theater View.
6. Fixed: Scrolling Recorded television in Theater View with the scrollbar would show internal text formatting tokens.
7. Changed: When playing a television recording that is currently being recorded, playback goes to television engine, instead of video file playback engine.  Note that this change also reverses change 11 in Build 63.
8. Optimized: Improved handling of view updates during playback to aid overall performance.
9. Optimized: Reworked how Theater View rollers are managed to improve Theater View performance.
10. Changed: Theater View rollers no longer show a slide-in-from-the-left animation when first picking a roller.
11. NEW: MC will import MyMovies data in the file [mediafilename].mymovies.xml or mymovies.xml residing in the same folder as video file, if the standard JRSidecar file does not exist, provided the data contained in the xml file pertain to the media file.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: Media Center 14.0.69 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 02:00:02 pm »

The big change in this build is the new Performer store.  More here.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 04:45:17 pm »

I have added last.fm to the web links.

The login address "https://www.last.fm/login" is set to open in external browser.

The link behaves oddly in the Playing Now view. Immediately after a restart it seems to work, but after I have played a file it opens a local folder in Windows Explorer. Mostly the folder is C:\Documents and Settings\[user name], but once it opened a folder in the Windows temp location (which is C:\Temp on this PC).

In library views it seems to work normally. It opens the login page in my default web browser (Opera).

I noticed the problem only after installing the latest build, but possibly I have not used the link in the PN view before.

- XP Pro 32-bit.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 05:41:50 pm »

I added the string

https:////www.last.fm//login

to the "Search URL" box, and the last.fm link appears to work now. Oddly it sometimes worked fine even when the box was empty.

EDIT

I just noticed that when nothing is selected the base URL is enough, but when a library file is selected a valid string in Search URL is needed.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

retro

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 12:11:58 pm »

This one still crashes for me, although it takes longer...can run up to an hour now.

Logs sent to Matt.

winniew

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 12:17:34 pm »

14.0.69 (09/15/2009)
4. Fixed: The grab on the tree/view splitter would be reset if the Action Window changed height from the size.

Thanks, now it works as expected.

AZ_JazzyJ

• Recent member
  • Is there anything cooler than baseball?
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 07:10:52 pm »

I have two CD/DVD drives. If I boot Media Center and put a CD to rip in each drive it will look up the CD and find everything. After I finish ripping the two CDs, if I insert another CD to rip the album look-up fails with an error
"Media Center has detected a new CD in drive D:\ but can't get the correct volume information. Please try ejecting and reinserting the CD."

I can eject and reinsert the CD over and over and I get the same error.  If I leave the CD in the drive and quit Media Center and then relaunch the program it will look up the CD correctly but then I will get the same error if I insert another CD after the first one is finished ripping.

I get the same error message regardless of which drive I put the subsequent CD in.

System Info
Code: [Select]
Media Center 14.0.69 Registered -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 14\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 6002)
Intel Pentium III 2832 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 4194 MB, Free - 2894 MB

Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18813 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6001 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6002 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6002 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: TSSTcorpCD/DVDW SH-S183L  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E: TSSTcorpCD/DVDW SH-S183L  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S183L   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive E: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S183L   Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)
  LastFmDJ (Active)

Vocalpoint

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 12:51:35 pm »

2. Fixed: gracefully ignore corrupt flac files with insane number of supposed comments in the metadata.

Interesting. Along these lines - was there ever any issues discovered in v13 with FLAC files not being imported due a problem with the first metadata block?

Over the last few months - I have encountered a number of FLAC files that play fine within MC but when I attempt to actually import them - MC does not report on anything that was wrong - it simply states "failed to import 12 files" or similar.

It took me forever to find what was causing the problem and I needed to use a utility program called "Trader's Little Helper" to actually figure out what the error was. Using one of Helper's processes called "Re-encode FLAC files" on the "failed" imports - where the utility simply does a quick unpack/repack of the files using the same name - the following error finally shows itself - and I believe the included FLAC.exe library is actually generating the message:

"Error Processing File:(Reading metadata in FLAC input, first metadata block is not STREAMINFO)

To correct these files - I had to decode them manually back to wav and then encode to FLAC, retag and they were able to be imported into the library.

Also - is there any way to let MC actually display what it finds wrong with a specific import? Just having it say "failed to import xx files" doesn't tell the user anything. Or is there more details exposed with "logging" turned on?

Cheers,

VP

JONCAT

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 12:16:24 pm »

I have two concurrent rips set, but only get one CD ripping at a time.

DC

Media Center 14.0.32 registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 14\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 6002)
Intel Pentium III 2992 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2097 MB, Free - 964 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6002.18005 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6001 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6002 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6002 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM DH10N     Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E: Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7200S  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 100
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: Optiarc  DVD+-RW AD-7200S   Addr: 0:2:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active/Enabled)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active/Enabled)

MusicHawk

Unknown CD rip doesn't reliably offer to enter info
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 01:16:41 pm »

This problem has been around since MC13 or maybe MC12 -- random appearance of "Edit Disc Information" option....

I just inserted a CD to rip. MC said it couldn't find CD info in YADB, asked if I still wanted to rip. Since it is easier to enter all the track info BEFORE ripping because the dialog to do so is friendlier, I said NO. This means I had to then close the Rip dialog, go find the CD by drive letter, open it, then select "Edit Disc Information".

But... sometimes when encountering an unknown CD, MC's ripping process will offer the ability to enter the disc information, avoiding the several extra steps.

It seems odd that this behavior isn't consistent. Shouldn't a rip where YADB lookup fails ALWAYS offer the disc editing option, rather than just rip-yes/no?
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

MusicHawk

BUG: Tag edit scroll list doesn't fit within Tag action box.
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 07:46:00 pm »

In 14.0.69 there's a subtle change in the Tag action window that creates a problem when used with the keyboard to select from lists of values. To recreate:

1. In the Tag action window, go to Keywords. A list of existing tags is displayed, many, in my case. It's important to test this with a long-ish list so the scroll bars are added to the Keywords list.

2. Tab once to jump from the edit field into the list.

3. Type some letters to jump to a value that is not already visible, lower in the alphabet.

4. On my screen, when I do this the Keyword selection bar disappears. If I press Spacebar a value gets selected, but not any value I'm seeing. It is a value LOWER in the list. Scrolling the Keywords list with the mouse, I discover the selection bar is a few items BELOW the visible screen, requiring mouse scrolling to see and position. This defeats the notion of using the keyboard.

The problem probably is that the auto-sizing of the Keywords list isn't synchronized to remain within the visible area of the Tag dialog. One solution (my wish) would be to allow the user to enlarge the Tag dialog but this isn't possible.

A related confusing factor is that there are TWO selection bars -- a colored bar that identifies the Keywords list item that will be selected by Spacebar, AND a gray bar that identifies the Keywords list item that will be selected by Mouse click. It would be terrific to have just ONE selection bar that moves/selects by either mouse or keyboard.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up