INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC14 delete leading Zero (Track Field )  (Read 1535 times)

Mantara

• Recent member
MC14 delete leading Zero (Track Field )
« on: January 01, 2010, 06:56:24 pm »

Hi Everybody,

before I import my mp3-files to MC14, they are tagged with an external prog. All the single tracknumber where autonumbered with a leading zero (e.g. 1 ==> 01, 2 ==> 02 etc). After some work with M14 (e.g analyse ReplayGain or Rating...), MC14 delete the leading Zero.

Is there a chance to prevent it?

I found this thread Custom Track# Field - Filename Copy Issue, but I can start with it nothing  ?

Thx...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC14 delete leading Zero (Track Field )
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 07:48:25 pm »

Select a couple of files and try right click/Library Tools/Update library from tags.  The tools there let you move data from tags to MC library or vice versa.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 01:32:05 am »

I have not checked this in a while, but my understanding is that, although your track # tags have a leading zero, MC will always discard the leading zero when displaying the track # data internally, but does not alter the actual tag data.

You can get MC to show a leading zero using the steps outlined below:

MC always displays track numbers as single digits. When using the "rename move and copy files" tool to rename files using the track # field, MC will automatically pad the number to two digits.

If you want to force MC to display 2 digit track numbers internally, you can do that quite easily:
  • Right click on a list column header and choose the "Add expression column" option
  • Fill the name field with "Track #"
  • Paste the blue text into the expression field: padnumber([track #],2)
  • Press OK. Job done.

-marko

Mantara

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 04:23:41 pm »

@ marko

thx for the trick with "padnumber", it works fine  ;D But MC14 still change the tags (internally & externally), if the files were worked on (ReplayGain etcpp) ==> MC14 overwrite the tag-information (e.g. leading zero).

But I find a way to prevent it...unmark "save in tags" (Options ==> Extra==> Library server ==> Library fields ==> Tracks ==> Save in tags (unmark).

Pages: [1]   Go Up