INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.12 -- Available Here  (Read 5295 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.12 -- Available Here
« on: March 27, 2010, 07:28:04 am »

This is a beta version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150012.exe

15.0.12 (03/26/2010)

1. NEW: Added new 'Cover View'. (Ctrl+5 or arrow at top right of views)
2. Fixed: Action Window > Camera could fail to create the output path.
3. Fixed: The French language was corrupted.
4. Fixed: Possible threading dead-lock during high activity DLNA usage.
5. Fixed: Playing a file to a DLNA device from WebRemote's Playing Now list could play a different file.
6. Fixed: DVD could fail to play if an old video renderer selection value was out of range in the new system (build 11 only).

15.0.11 (03/24/2010)

1. Fixed: DLNA device resubscription was not working (only applies to build 9).
2. Changed: Revised DLNA device resubscription system so that a single failed attempt to subscribe won't stop future retries.
3. Changed: Switched WebRemote's default port to 52199 (to stay in the JRiver network / DLNA range of 52100 to 52199)
4. Changed: Some changes are made in DVD video renderer selection. Sorry, you will need to make a one time re-selection of DVD video renderer.  Other video types should not be affected.  Please report any irregularities (other than "my DVD video renderer was changed").
5. Optimized: The program is less aggressive about updating playback information for remote zones that are not active.
6. Changed: Improved how DLNA controlling detects changes in playback state to provide more reliable and faster track changes.
7. Fixed: The playback status ('Playing', 'Paused', etc.) would not update correctly for DLNA zones.
8. Fixed: If there was a failure contacting the Netflix API, it would keep trying every 1/4 second forever.
9. Changed: DLNA engine keeps a list of naughty devices that advertise themselves (sometimes over and over) but are unreachable to avoid communicating with faulty hardware.
10. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks to Bytestar).
11. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Benoit de Corn).
12. Changed: Optimized Netflix API calls so we'll be less likely to burn through our daily quota.  With all my testing we burned through the quota today however (sorry!).
13. Fixed: Some AIFF files created in dBpoweramp played with a brief noise at the end.

15.0.10 (03/24/2010)

1. NEW: Added a DLNA connection status manager for each device that nicely handles device disconnection, reconnection, communication errors, and more.
2. NEW: DLNA framework responds to alive and bye-bye messages from devices so that the device list updates faster.
3. Fixed: Thread locking issue with DLNA subscription management that could cause a hang.
4. Changed: Added a timeout set to the end of April.
5. Fixed: A crash while playing images at the same time as audio in the same zone could leave a dangling 'Images' zone that would cause issues.
6. Changed: Toggling through zones will no longer stop at the internal 'Images' zone used during simultaneous audio and image playback.
7. Fixed: last.fm plugin was not installing properly.
8. Optimized: Improved performance of some core libraries.
9. Fixed: MPC input plugin was linking in unused code, making it larger than it needed to be.
10. Changed: When restoring settings in a library backup, the program attempts to switch paths targeting old versions to the current version.
             (if you have already restored a v14 library to v15,
              you should manually clean up paths pointing to Media Center 14
              by using regedit and searching / replacing here:
              HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 15)
11. Fixed: If DirectShow DSP property pages were already showing in DSP studio when playback started, the pages appeared to be inactive, until DSP studio was closed and reopened.
12. Changed: Removed outdated Girder files from Media Center 15\Extras folder.
13. NEW: Added the ability to create / update translation files using Google Translate. (as always, please contribute any language improvements back to JRiver)

15.0.9 (03/23/2010)

1. NEW: WebRemote allows changing appearance, port, and views in Options > Network.
2. Fixed: DLNA could unnecessarily event a 'LastChange' with no changes in it.
3. Fixed: It was not possible to add 'Playlists' back to a DLNA server's views once it was removed.
4. Changed: Revised bordering and some styling in default WebRemote appearance.
5. Changed: Better progress message is displayed during downloading and installing DirectShow filters.
6. Changed: MC inserts FFDShow Video decoder (if available) during graph-building for mp4/m4a and flv files if the user has not selected any filters.
7. Changed: MC gives MP4 Splitter higher preference than Haali Media Splitter when playing mp4/m4a files.
8. Fixed: Rare crash related to DLNA renderers and volume handling.
9. Optimized: DLNA device subscription occurs in a low priority background thread instead of the main thread.
10. Optimized: Revised how DLNA device searching works so that fewer device description requests are made.
11. Optimized: Revised communication mechanism used for DLNA subscription and eventing for better performance.
12. Fixed: Turn off video support by default for UPnP devices that don't support video.
13. Fixed: Return sane DLNA strings for the MC renderer which didn't have the full information needed to do so.

15.0.8 (03/22/2010)

1. Changed: A few fixes and optimizations to make JRiver URL Reader filter work better.
2. Fixed: WASAPI plugin was not available (only applies to last few builds).
3. Fixed: WebRemote could crash during very high activity image serving.
4. NEW: Added support for if(...) statements and loop_no_first / loop_no_last in HTML template engine used for WebRemote.
5. Fixed: WebRemote would show an incorrect item at the end of the list.
6. Optimized: Numerous improvements to WebRemote server performance.
7. Changed: WebRemote skips levels with only one item so going into an artist with one album goes straight to files, etc.
8. Changed: MC will try downloading an MP4 splitter if it fails to render an mp4 video / m4a audio.
9. Changed: Revised WebRemote layout system to use the physical device size for page sizing (like mobile Wikipedia, etc.)
10. Changed: WebRemote no longer shows an empty image in Playing Now when playback is stopped.
11. Fixed: DLNA could expose internal zones like the image playback zone.

15.0.7 (03/17/2010)

1. NEW: JRiver URL Reader filter that helps playing video from the Internet.
2. NEW: Numerous improvements and refinements to the appearance of the default WebRemote template.
3. Fixed: Kernel Streaming didn't show friendly names for devices when running under UAC.
4. Fixed: International characters were not being properly supported when browsing the library with WebRemote.
5. Optimized: Added a caching layer to the search for external art during import, which can substantially improve import performance in cases where there is no art in the tags and there are many files in a single folder.
6. NEW: Added 'Image' section to Options > File Location that is used during camera, clipboard, etc. image acquisition.
7. Changed: Switched Action Window > Acquire Images options dialog to use a base path + directory rule, to match the new Options > File Location system. (both dialogs configure the same settings)
8. Fixed: Installing on a system with Media Center 14 installed could fail in some cases.

15.0.6 (03/16/2010)

1. NEW: Added Kernel Streaming output plugin.
2. NEW: Added internal volume support to JRiver audio renderer.
3. Changed: Removed WebRemote header on all pages except the homepage.
4. Fixed: The splash image didn't list 2010 as the copyright.
5. Fixed: 'Network' options page was not sorted in the list properly.
6. Fixed: Content-Range in partial content in the http server. Messed up end of files when serving files to some DLNA renderers.
7. Changed: Bumped facebook upload image size to 720 pixels.

15.0.5 (03/15/2010)

1. Fixed: Restoring settings with certain library backups could crash / hang.
2. Changed: Improved how WebRemote reports pages should be cached to avoid stale page issues.
3. Changed: WebRemote builds thumbnails as necessary instead of requiring thumbnails to already be built.
4. Changed: Removed legacy 'Remote Server' (Options > Startup > Remote Server) in favor of WebRemote and MCWS.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Media Center 15.0.12 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 07:40:54 am »

If you installed the previous version of MC15, please see this thread on a Registry Fix that may be needed.

kurushi

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 07:48:31 am »

Thx for the French Lainguage!

Stonehedge

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 03:20:55 pm »

Hi,
I use a netbook running Windows XP presently as my audio server. A USB disc is providing the files. To output audio I use M2Tech HiFace USB to S/PDIF coax converter and then connected to a Bryston DAC.

When using MC15 I get frequent hangings (MC15 UI is not responding) if I click stop or double-click pause.

Options are set to use kernel streaming.

I have checked with regedit and find no references to MC14.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 05:42:53 pm »

Hi,
I use a netbook running Windows XP presently as my audio server.
Please use this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56403.0

Build 140 of the firmware was working the last time I heard.  141 was not.

You might be best off to use MC14 for a while.  MC15 is new and has a few rough edges.

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 06:28:41 pm »

Just a couple of observations:  When I loaded 15, I have had to attach some of the cover art that is in the appropriate artist/album directory.  I was playing a song and attaching cover art when MC locked up and kept playing the same few seconds of the song.  It sounded like a scratched 45. 

Also, I have a 23" inch screen.  When I try to downsize the MC window I have to click size and adjust for my screen.  When I try to move it to the left side of the screen it will pop back to a full size screen.  This also occurs when I try to move it to the top of the screen.

I've noticed the audio playback sounds better.  It seems to have greater depth and warmth.  I haven't added any DSP effects. 

Tunetyme

cell.shift10

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 07:37:54 pm »

I noticed for me, in MC14 I had to install Quicktime and plugins to play MP4 files. Do I have to install Quicktime for my PC to be able to play MP4 files in Windows Vista? Or am I able to play them without plugins, codecs or Quicktime?

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 12:55:06 pm »

In following up the previous report, I've tried a number of things to attach the cover art.  With a song playing, I tried to inmport a single folder of music with the hope that it would import the missing cover art.  The system locked up.  The music continues but I can't do anything.

Tunetyme

Stonehedge

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 03:34:09 pm »

Thank you for your answer and the link which was informative. I will test further.

There is one thing I can add and that concerns failure handling. When this problem occur I used the "Windows Task Manager" to force MC15 to end. But trying to start MC15 again gives a pop-up telling that MC15 is already running and giving a few suggestions!

Please use this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56403.0

Build 140 of the firmware was working the last time I heard.  141 was not.

You might be best off to use MC14 for a while.  MC15 is new and has a few rough edges.

kurushi

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 03:55:37 pm »

Hi,i think it's a bug:
The keyboard shortcut "ctrl+N" for next track doesn't work but work for previous track "ctrl+L".

Stonehedge

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 05:24:35 pm »

Hi again,

I have emailed M2TECH and asked for driver 140 to be able to test.

However I also own a Stello U2 USB IF. When trying this interface the interface is not even shown if "kernel streaming" is chosen. If "Direct Sound" is chosen the interface is shown and is working. But I donīt own a good DAC to use a not so good audio setting. There are problems with the Bel Canto also. Is there any USB interface that work?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 05:50:49 pm »

Hi again,

I have emailed M2TECH and asked for driver 140 to be able to test.

However I also own a Stello U2 USB IF. When trying this interface the interface is not even shown if "kernel streaming" is chosen. If "Direct Sound" is chosen the interface is shown and is working. But I donīt own a good DAC to use a not so good audio setting. There are problems with the Bel Canto also. Is there any USB interface that work?
WASAPI, ASIO, or Kernel Streaming would be the best choices.

Stonehedge

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 06:03:12 pm »

I am sorry but this answer I do not understand. Of coarse are these settings the best but my post told that I could not choose the Stello if kernel streaming was chosen.

In fact is the M2TECH HiFace working best since it is streaming and is good sounding when kernel streaming is chosen. The limitation is that you then are in trouble if you need to use the stop button or by mistake double click the pause button.

WASAPI, ASIO, or Kernel Streaming would be the best choices.

Stonehedge

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 05:36:54 am »

Regarding the HiFace USB interface.

I have now received and tested driver version 140. According to my tests is the behaviour precisely the same. You can chose the interface under options, you can stream with good quality but NOT use the stop button or double click the pause button.
Pages: [1]   Go Up