INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.16 -- Available Here  (Read 6207 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.16 -- Available Here
« on: April 02, 2010, 08:28:00 am »

This is a beta version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150016.exe  (requires an MC15 license)

15.0.16 (04/01/2010)

1. Changed: Revised timeout to June 30, 2010.  A version without a timeout will be made available before this date.
2. Changed: No longer works with a Media Center 14 license.
3. Fixed: Playing an image from Cover View didn't nicely jump to full screen display and back.
4. Optimized: Improved performance of all tree and list drawing.
5. Optimized: Improved performance of core thread-parallelizer which is used in many places to run multi-threaded loop code.
6. Optimized: Thumbnail drawing code for file lists is faster.
7. Fixed: Doing multiple simultaneous external conversions at once could cause a hang.
8. Changed: "Lookup DVD Info From Wikipedia" available for all videos; renamed to "Lookup Movie Info From Wikipedia...".
9. Changed: All skins use a floating playerbar in full screen modes, even if they don't provide dedicated FullScreenPlayer artwork.
10. Changed: Cover View shows left tree and top player independent of one another.
11. Fixed: Scrolling text in a floating player window in Display View or Cover View could draw incorrectly.
12. Changed: The 'Cover View' icon only appears in library view headers instead of the headers of all views. (still available from View menu with any view)

15.0.15 (03/31/2010)

1. NEW: New tooltips with bigger art and more information for videos.
2. NEW: Added new tool 'Lookup DVD Info From Wikipedia...' available on a right-click for any DVD.
3. Changed: More fixes and optimizations on JRiver URL Reader filter.
4. Fixed: Default Video Renderer selection ("Automatic") for video playback since build 11 was VMR9 instead of EVR even though EVR was available.
5. NEW: Added several stock fields for videos: Gross Revenue, Budget, Cinematographer, Editor, Distributor, Prequel, Sequel, Music By, Language.
6. Changed: Improved support for putting a space after the semi-colon in a list-type field for improved readability. (please report any issues)
7. Changed: Improved naming and labeling of ripped DVDs during import.
8. Fixed: Dragging and dropping ripped DVD folders into the library or a playlist could make a mess.
9. Fixed: Auto-import could incorrectly detect ripped DVDs as changed and update library information from tags.

15.0.14 (03/30/2010)

1. NEW: Added new option 'Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization' to Options > Audio that plays a little silence when first opening an output (or changing formats) to allow audio hardware to synchronize. (needed for devices like the Bel Canto USB Link that otherwise crop a little of a new signal)
2. Fixed: DLNA, transcoded music files could be from 1-8095 bytes short if not falling on a 8096 byte boundary.
3. Changed: Add file extensions for audio and image files in the content directory for DLNA. Some renderers improperly key off of the extension.
4. Fixed: Facebook upload status. Now an action window.

15.0.13 (03/29/2010)

1. Changed: MC will install MP4Splitter if it is not already found on user's computer before playing an mp4/m4a file, if the user has not selected any filters.
2. Changed: Further tweaks in mp4 file graph-building.
3. Changed: Improved artwork for Cover View toggle at top right of view.
4. Changed: Cover View only shows the playerbar when the mouse hits the very top of the screen.
5. Fixed: Cover View did not allow forward / back shortcuts.
6. Changed: Cover View hides file lists at the bottom of a library view showing category thumbnails.
7. Changed: Navigation tree appears when moving mouse to the border in Cover View.
8. Changed: F11 includes 'Cover View' when looping through available full screen views.
9. Fixed: Possible DLNA deadlock during especially high DLNA device activity.
10. Changed: Transparent borders in Display View and Cover View fade into view instead of snapping into view.

15.0.12 (03/26/2010)

1. NEW: Added new 'Cover View'. (Ctrl+5 or arrow at top right of views)
2. Fixed: Action Window > Camera could fail to create the output path.
3. Fixed: The French language was corrupted.
4. Fixed: Possible threading dead-lock during high activity DLNA usage.
5. Fixed: Playing a file to a DLNA device from WebRemote's Playing Now list could play a different file.
6. Fixed: DVD could fail to play if an old video renderer selection value was out of range in the new system (build 11 only).

15.0.11 (03/24/2010)

1. Fixed: DLNA device resubscription was not working (only applies to build 9).
2. Changed: Revised DLNA device resubscription system so that a single failed attempt to subscribe won't stop future retries.
3. Changed: Switched WebRemote's default port to 52199 (to stay in the JRiver network / DLNA range of 52100 to 52199)
4. Changed: Some changes are made in DVD video renderer selection. Sorry, you will need to make a one time re-selection of DVD video renderer.  Other video types should not be affected.  Please report any irregularities (other than "my DVD video renderer was changed").
5. Optimized: The program is less aggressive about updating playback information for remote zones that are not active.
6. Changed: Improved how DLNA controlling detects changes in playback state to provide more reliable and faster track changes.
7. Fixed: The playback status ('Playing', 'Paused', etc.) would not update correctly for DLNA zones.
8. Fixed: If there was a failure contacting the Netflix API, it would keep trying every 1/4 second forever.
9. Changed: DLNA engine keeps a list of naughty devices that advertise themselves (sometimes over and over) but are unreachable to avoid communicating with faulty hardware.
10. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks to Bytestar).
11. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Benoit de Corn).
12. Changed: Optimized Netflix API calls so we'll be less likely to burn through our daily quota.  With all my testing we burned through the quota today however (sorry!).
13. Fixed: Some AIFF files created in dBpoweramp played with a brief noise at the end.

15.0.10 (03/24/2010)

1. NEW: Added a DLNA connection status manager for each device that nicely handles device disconnection, reconnection, communication errors, and more.
2. NEW: DLNA framework responds to alive and bye-bye messages from devices so that the device list updates faster.
3. Fixed: Thread locking issue with DLNA subscription management that could cause a hang.
4. Changed: Added a timeout set to the end of April.
5. Fixed: A crash while playing images at the same time as audio in the same zone could leave a dangling 'Images' zone that would cause issues.
6. Changed: Toggling through zones will no longer stop at the internal 'Images' zone used during simultaneous audio and image playback.
7. Fixed: last.fm plugin was not installing properly.
8. Optimized: Improved performance of some core libraries.
9. Fixed: MPC input plugin was linking in unused code, making it larger than it needed to be.
10. Changed: When restoring settings in a library backup, the program attempts to switch paths targeting old versions to the current version.
             (if you have already restored a v14 library to v15,
              you should manually clean up paths pointing to Media Center 14
              by using regedit and searching / replacing here:
              HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 15)
11. Fixed: If DirectShow DSP property pages were already showing in DSP studio when playback started, the pages appeared to be inactive, until DSP studio was closed and reopened.
12. Changed: Removed outdated Girder files from Media Center 15\Extras folder.
13. NEW: Added the ability to create / update translation files using Google Translate. (as always, please contribute any language improvements back to JRiver)

15.0.9 (03/23/2010)

1. NEW: WebRemote allows changing appearance, port, and views in Options > Network.
2. Fixed: DLNA could unnecessarily event a 'LastChange' with no changes in it.
3. Fixed: It was not possible to add 'Playlists' back to a DLNA server's views once it was removed.
4. Changed: Revised bordering and some styling in default WebRemote appearance.
5. Changed: Better progress message is displayed during downloading and installing DirectShow filters.
6. Changed: MC inserts FDShow Video decoder (if available) during graph-building for mp4/m4a and flv files if the user has not selected any filters.
7. Changed: MC gives MP4 Splitter higher preference than Haali Media Splitter when playing mp4/m4a files.
8. Fixed: Rare crash related to DLNA renderers and volume handling.
9. Optimized: DLNA device subscription occurs in a low priority background thread instead of the main thread.
10. Optimized: Revised how DLNA device searching works so that fewer device description requests are made.
11. Optimized: Revised communication mechanism used for DLNA subscription and eventing for better performance.
12. Fixed: Turn off video support by default for UPnP devices that don't support video.
13. Fixed: Return sane DLNA strings for the MC renderer which didn't have the full information needed to do so.

15.0.8 (03/22/2010)

1. Changed: A few fixes and optimizations to make JRiver URL Reader filter work better.
2. Fixed: WASAPI plugin was not available (only applies to last few builds).
3. Fixed: WebRemote could crash during very high activity image serving.
4. NEW: Added support for if(...) statements and loop_no_first / loop_no_last in HTML template engine used for WebRemote.
5. Fixed: WebRemote would show an incorrect item at the end of the list.
6. Optimized: Numerous improvements to WebRemote server performance.
7. Changed: WebRemote skips levels with only one item so going into an artist with one album goes straight to files, etc.
8. Changed: MC will try downloading an MP4 splitter if it fails to render an mp4 video / m4a audio.
9. Changed: Revised WebRemote layout system to use the physical device size for page sizing (like mobile Wikipedia, etc.)
10. Changed: WebRemote no longer shows an empty image in Playing Now when playback is stopped.
11. Fixed: DLNA could expose internal zones like the image playback zone.

MusicHawk

BUG in tagging action window -- can't select which tags to show
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 11:57:12 am »

UPDATE: The view selection pulldown is now working, so the bug report, while true for a while, is now false. I didn't do anything to fix it, except restart MC15 a few times (didn't reboot) so it's a mystery.

Original bug report: I just installed MC15.0.16 and imported my existing MC 14 library. My library has several custom tags/fields, and my main custom view shows them. When I open the view, then open the Tag window, I only see MC's default tags. I try to use the top-left pull-down to select Show Tags In Current View but it can't be selected. In fact, none of the options in this list can be selected.

Also, disappointed that the Tag action window (still) can't be resized. I takes lots of scrolling to get to all the tags I used. I have tons of screen space so wish MC would let me use more of it.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Media Center 15.0.16 -- Available Here
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 03:28:44 pm »

kurushi

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 03:42:54 pm »

ctrl+5 bring me the full screenplayer and not cover view i can only access it by clicking the icon.
The independant "player & tree " in cover view are great i just need to have a pin in playerbar (cause i like to known what is playing when i browsing)

And the tree resizable.

Thx for this good built and i go to upgrade now :)

EDIT: The upgrade is done all work thx for this good service.

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 06:05:32 pm »

9. Changed: All skins use a floating playerbar in full screen modes

not very good very bad for touchsreen uses in theater view mode. Now very hard to control top menu.

zuiko

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 07:40:21 pm »

9. Changed: All skins use a floating playerbar in full screen modes

not very good very bad for touchsreen uses in theater view mode. Now very hard to control top menu.

The floating playbar is an issue in the theaterview menu since you can't run it with a mouse any longer... the menu items at the top are covered up with the playerbar when you try to use your mouse. You can still use the keyboard or a MC remote without issue so there is a workaround.

roald.andresen

• Recent member
Re: BUG in tagging action window -- can't select which tags to show
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 05:33:43 am »

I just installed MC15.0.16 and imported my existing MC 14 library. My library has several custom tags/fields, and my main custom view shows them.

When I open the view, then open the Tag window, I only see MC's default tags.

I try to use the top-left pull-down to select Show Tags In Current View but it can't be selected. In fact, none of the options in this list can be selected.

This is a show-stopper because I can't tag anything but the default fields, except by working directly in the view, which is clumsy at best.

Also, disappointed that the Tag action window (still) can't be resized. I takes lots of scrolling to get to all the tags I used. I have tons of screen space so wish MC would let me use more of it.

This is really a show stopper for me too.  Over the years, I have used the "Custom 1" and "Custom 2" fields as basis for several of my customized views.  In the current "Custom" field none of this information is available.  I hope this is a glitch and will be fixed for the final release.

pjdevries

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 07:33:23 am »

I'm trying to download MC 15.0.16 and take advantage of the early bird price, which expires in a few days, but apparently the download link is broken. Is there an alternate download somewhere?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 07:46:38 am »

PJ,

It works for me.

Did you try to right-click the link and save the installer file to a local drive? Does your browser show any error message or prompt you to confirm the action?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 07:51:43 am »

MusicHawk,
BUG in tagging action window -- can't select which tags to show

I can. As far as I can see, it works just like it works in MC14. I tried this on XP Pro and Windows 7 (32-bit). I wonder what can cause the different behavior in your case.

roald.andresen,

Perhaps your issue is different. Did you actually restore a library backup file that contains the custom library fields?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 07:57:37 am »

I'm trying to download MC 15.0.16 and take advantage of the early bird price, which expires in a few days, but apparently the download link is broken. Is there an alternate download somewhere?
That link is working.  Check the top of your browser to see if there are any messages.  Try another browser.

Stonehedge

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 09:00:55 am »

Background: I use Windows XP on a Netbook with M2TECH HiFace 192 kHz Digital Audio Interface.
MC version is MC15.0.16

I have demo files bought from Linn in 88200 Hz, 24 bit. When trying to play these files with "No resampling" I get a popup box telling:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Media Center encountered an error while trying to play the last several files. Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location.

Error details:

Playback could not be started on the output ´Kernel Streaming´ using the format `88200 Hz, 24 Bits Per Sample, 2 channels`.

This output format may not be supported by your hardware. You can use DSP Studio to change to a compatible file format.

Also make sure that your system has a valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in playback options"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I set DSP Studio to resample to 96 kHz / 24 bit are the files playing although with the stability problem with stop/pause button and also that MC15 can only be started once after system restart.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 09:04:07 am »

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 09:21:25 am »

I did a Portable install of MC15, then restored the library. Unlike the standard install which had all my settings and toolbars after the restore/restart, the portable did not pick up my settings.

I tried several different library backups and did a restart after each but none carried over my settings. Are portable installs not meant to restore settings?
. . . the game is rigged
Pages: [1]   Go Up