INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.70 -- 4th of July Edition  (Read 4755 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.70 -- 4th of July Edition
« on: July 02, 2010, 06:49:19 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150070.exe

15.0.70 (7/1/2010)

1. NEW: (Experimental) Digital television recording can be done in transport stream format (.ts).
2. Faster: Thumbnail lists load and operate faster, especially with large numbers of thumbnails.
3. Faster: Improved memory usage of one of the core data structures used by the program.
4. Faster: Improved performance of toolbar / breadcrumb user interface pieces.
5. Faster: View switching destroys the previous view only after the new view is showing, making view switches faster.
6. Faster: Reduced the amount of user interface layout done when switching views.
7. Changed: When Playing Now is empty, the double-click to play action will shuffle all files instead of playing them in sorted order.
8. Changed: 'Start' is no longer listed in the tree although the program will, by default, still start at the view (can be customized in Options > Startup).
9. Changed: Pressing F11 will no longer include Cover View in the cycle of views.
10. Changed: Cover View is considered a 'user input mode' like Standard View and Mini View so that returning from Theater View, closing Display View with escape, etc. will return to Cover View instead of Standard View.
11. Changed: The into links on a category thumbnail did not show the hand / link cursor when the mouse was over them.
12. Changed: Increased time-shifting reader filter's video buffer size.  This should fix the television time-shifting error when Microsoft video decoder is used.
13. Fixed: When Playing Now displayed "no search results" because a search returned nothing, double-clicking the list would play everything.
14. Fixed: WebPlay audio conversion was not working with an iPhone, iTouch, etc.
15. Fixed: Using the keyboard shortcuts Alt+3..5 to switch library views didn't properly handle non-selectable view schemes.

15.0.69 (6/30/2010)

1. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks to KANEY).
2. Fixed: If the program was started in Mini View, returning to Standard View would show Cover View instead of Standard View.
3. Changed: The Theater View location string includes the root roller selection when at the root (used by skins).
4. Changed: Theater View Theme system uses the selected skins Background.jpg or Background.png image automatically instead of a solid color.
5. Changed: Updated Theater View skins to all support Themes.
6. Changed: Theater View Themes are the only mechanism for providing a Theater View background. (media slideshow and animation section of skin are obsolete)
7. Changed: Theater View skinning now at version 2.4 (will require update of non-stock skins).

15.0.68 (6/28/2010)

1. Fixed: Audio problem with Hauppauge WintTV HD PVR device.
2. Fixed: Bass management was not handling moving bass to the LFE channel properly.
3. Optimized: The low-pass and high-pass filters used for Bass Management, JRSS, etc. are about 38% faster.
4. Changed: A confirmation is shown when doing an 'Unstack' command on more than one stacked file (has 'Don't show this message again' box).
5. Changed: Auto-import will attempt to silently reconnect to any disconnected network drives before flagging a file as 'missing'.
6. Fixed: Ripping could show an 'Unknown encoder error' in rare cases. (hopefully fixed, feedback appreciated)
7. Changed: When viewing a file grouping, the 'Date Imported' will show the most recent import date of any file in the group instead of the average import date.
8. Changed: Added the 'Add View' command back to the tree right-click menu for a library view.
9. Changed: Putting the system to sleep will not stop playback automatically. (system will still allow a manual deep sleep (S3) while playing, but Media Center will prevent an automatic sleep)
10. Fixed: Some types of searches would not preserve the sequence number properly.
11. Changed: The 'Rename, Move & Copy Files' dialog auto-sizes columns on load and resize.
12. Changed: DLNA, Advanced options. If "present subtitle resources" is not checked subtitle resources will not be presented in the Content Directory under ANY condition, even if explicitly asked for. Prevents hard resets on some renderers.
13. NEW: Added DVB-T frequency table for Greece.  Thanks to Arbiter for providing the info.
14. Changed: Ignore anything past the first 4 digits in a FLAC vorbis DATE tag.

15.0.67 (6/25/2010)

1. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks to KANEY).
2. NEW: Bass management in DSP Studio > Output Format allows specifying a bass routing mode of remove, move, or copy.
3. Changed: Bass management uses a 24 dB/octave lowpass for creating redirected bass (previously used a 12 db/octave slope).
4. Changed: Tuned JRSS mixing level used when creating a LFE channel.
5. Changed: The previously selected file in Theater View > Playing Now > List will no longer be drawn bold if the list is not focused.
6. NEW: AVI videos can be streamed from Library Server using "JRiver URL Reader" filter, so one does not have to wait for the entire file to be downloaded before playback starts.
7. Changed: Improved messaging of import when it's importing a large library as it, by design, works in batches of 10,000 files.
8. NEW: Added Output Format subwoofer crossover choice "Silence (use Room Correction or other DSP to fill)".
9. Changed: Made the 'Output Format' DSP a two-column layout with more verbose explanation of settings.
10. Fixed: Closing the program with Media Server running could stop playback in attached DLNA / Library Server zones.
11. NEW: Preliminary .srt and .sub subtitle support for the DLNA server. The subtitle file should be the same name as the original video file in the same path with either a .srt or .sub extension depending on what your renderer supports. Tested working with Popcorn hour. Needs more testing. The number of renderers that support this seem limited.

15.0.66 (6/24/2010)

1. Fixed: DLNA video conversion works now - was broken.
2. Changed: Improved the ordering of 'Bass Management' effects chain in 'Room Correction' DSP.
3. Changed: The 'Tone' Room Correction tool plays the tone adjusted by all other adjustments. (previously played full amplitude, unadjusted tone)
4. Fixed: 'Bass Management' settings were not properly persisting between sessions.
5. Changed: Improved Bass Management high-pass / bass redirection filters to offer higher quality. (done as two independent intersecting filters to allow curve tuning on each)
6. Fixed: MC would crash when it failed to convert certain audio formats.

15.0.65 (6/23/2010)

1. Changed: Playback prevents automatic system sleep, but does not disable a full manual sleep (S3).
2. Changed: Putting the system to sleep manually will stop any playback.
3. NEW: DLNA servers allow selection of a video conversion mode.
4. Changed: When closing Options with the 'X' at the top right, the save / discard message has a 'Always use this answer' checkbox.
5. Changed: The Browse... button in auto-import folder list allows typing a folder name.
6. Changed: When typing a folder name in a Browse folder dialog, the tree will auto-synchronize with the typed path.
7. Fixed: With a fresh library, the automatic import countdown in the Action Window could run even when manually picking 'Import...' from the menu.
8. Fixed: Doing a 'Restore Library' and only restoring the settings would not work properly.
9. Changed: After restoring settings during a 'Restore Library', the success message informs the user to restart the program for setting changes to take effect.
10. Fixed: When saving a file with encoding in Media Editor, a temporary WAV file could be left behind.
11. Changed: Cross-over used for LFE channel during JRSS mixing uses a 24db/octave slope. (previously used a lesser slope)
12. Fixed: Library Server, client, and JRiver URL Reader filter did not handle streaming of files larger than 2 GB correctly.
13. NEW: Added 'Bass Management' section to DSP Studio > Room Correction.
14. Changed: External dependencies such as lame, gogo, ogg, mpc, and ffmpeg are now silently installed on demand into AppData to avoid UAC prompts.
15. Fixed: Closing a dialog while a combobox was open could cause a crash.

Belarathon

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 15.0.70 -- 4th of July Edition
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 09:10:38 pm »

Thanks Jim!   ;D
JRiver Media Center 27 → Topping E30 → Luxkit z501 or Sherwood S5000 → A/D/S L810

kurushi

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 05:52:04 am »

7. Changed: Theater View skinning now at version 2.4 (will require update of non-stock skins).
What i need to do for to have my olds theater view skins?
Or maybe i need to create aonther post in the correct part of the forum for this?

MusicHawk

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 03:16:22 pm »

Repeatable crash:

1. Open view that is grouped by Keywords.
2. Find one odd keyword that doesn't belong -- maybe a typo in one record.
3. Instead of directly editing the Keywords field in the Tag window, click on the keyword in the tree, select then Delete the value.

CRASH.

I know -- "Don't do it that way". But, seems like a bug.

Normal behavior allows editing a keyword in the tree to update all the records that have the keyword -- quite a handy action.

In the crash case, the value being Deleted directly in the view's grouped tree is not the only Keyword value the track has, so the problem is likely not the tag change, but that the tree is not expecting or handling a nulled view value.

It is repeatable. I can add a test Keyword to any record, locate that Keyword in the view tree, select and Delete, and MC crashes. Doing it the "right" way via the Keywords field in the Tag window or in a view column, no problem, I can smoothly remove the same undesired Keyword from the same track.

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

MusicHawk

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 06:59:28 pm »

It appears that Acceptable Values is not sticky when used with a standard library field.

In the Tempo field, I add "B;M;U;T;O" to the Acceptable Values list. This works as expected, UNTIL...something. The Acceptable Values assigned to Tempo are usually lost when MC crashes, but also seem to be lost when the MC version is upgraded, and sometimes simply when MC is restarted.

Or, maybe none of these causes, because the problem is difficult to reproduce. But it's been happening enough in recent builds to mention in case there's a solution.

I don't have any problem with Acceptable Values in custom fields.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 04:15:35 am »

values from calculated fields [Date (year)] & [Date (month)] still pops up in the searchbar (upper right corner), even though they have "Default search field" unticked.

example if i put in ja, january shows up as a result, it should not if i have those fields "default" unticked
MT5FR

dcwebman

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 08:28:27 am »

In the Tag window add the Format field to display and have an image selected. Maximize the Tag window. Click the Format field to see the information. Click the X to close the information. The Tag window is not maximized anymore. Other fields that go to a secondary window return the maximized state.
Jeff

MusicHawk

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 11:22:00 am »

Similar inconsistent behavior happens to the maximized Tag window when the small image in it is clicked "for image view".

Once the image window opens, the Tag window bar in the lower left disappears, which is confusing -- how to return to it?

If the image window is then closed by clicking the X, the Tag window reappears -- but no longer maximized.

Or, if the Tag window is redisplayed via Alt+Enter, it is no longer maximized.

In contrast, if a list-type field is clicked when Tag window is maximized, the list is maximized too (which is helpful), and clicking the X to close the list returns to the maximized Tag window as it should.

rjm

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 11:35:19 am »

I'm seeing a 25-50% improvement in view display time. This is on top of another 50% improvement I saw in an earlier build of 15. Very well done!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 11:40:39 am »

Repeatable crash:

1. Open view that is grouped by Keywords.
2. Find one odd keyword that doesn't belong -- maybe a typo in one record.
3. Instead of directly editing the Keywords field in the Tag window, click on the keyword in the tree, select then Delete the value.

CRASH.

Good find.  It will be fixed in the next build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Niebla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 03:12:08 am »

I've found cover view can lose its maximized state.

It happens in some situations. Not always.

I'm not sure if it is a bug.

More info: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=58534.0

Niebla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 03:29:18 am »

Usability issue:

While in "Cover view" and "Magnified mode", the "magnified image" can be hided. On that situation, it's not easy nor obvious how to restore the normal state (magnified image visible)

Here it is an screenshoot:

The problem is that the tree covers the splitter... And the splitter cannot be clicked.

A solution could be to show left panel when clicking the magnifying glass (if closed).

BTW, how do you attach a image into a post?

Matias

• World Citizen
  • Digital Audio
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 06:36:21 pm »

It feels a lot faster loading covers! Thank you!!

I wish I could choose folders to synch my iPod instead of creating custom playlist for it.
I don't want to synch all folders.
1. Sonore ultraRendu - UpTone ISO Regen - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NC800 SL PRO - Thiel CS3.7
2. LG 65UM7470PSA - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NCore MP mch - Monitor Audio Platinum PL100+PLC150 - SVS SB-3000
3. RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP
4. TempoTec Sonata E44 - Audeze LCDi3
5. Meizu HiFi DAC - Moondrop Blessing2 Dusk

gappie

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 02:09:46 am »

What i need to do for to have my olds theater view skins?
Or maybe i need to create aonther post in the correct part of the forum for this?
not sure if you already found it yourself. open the main xml. at the top you see
<MJFS version="2.3">
change that to
<MJFS version="2.4">

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up