INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Misc problems and requests  (Read 1729 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Misc problems and requests
« on: February 16, 2011, 01:09:34 pm »

I would love to upgrade and will once i get answers to my questions.

1. Will these issues i mentioned here be fixed?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=62282.msg417908#msg417908

2. Will this be implemented?  and how soon? This is a big headache for me. and i dont want to loose my hard work, or media - so therefor i have not turned this on. Is it possible to give us an option to sync to clients (Refresh library) but not clients to server?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=62144.msg416995#msg416995
and here
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=62144.msg416840#msg416840

3. will we ever be able to sync our devices or grab our media from our home servers when away from home?
Can we have an option when connecting to our libraries away from home to choose send to a local drive, or just be able to drag the files from jriver to a folder on our desktop?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=62173.msg417869#msg417869

4. This has been asked by many and ive not read an answer anywhere
Will we ever be able to load our other libraries from clients? and can they be password protected? So my kids don't see material that is inappropriate for them to see, or content that i don't want friends\family seeing!

Thank You.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Misc problems and requests
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 01:17:23 pm »

1.  It's hard to understand what you're asking.  If you think you have found a problem, report it with details in the thread that announces the build.  Leave out the "big headache" remarks.  They make it hard to read.

2.  No big changes are expected.

3.  You can sync from a client to a handheld now.

4.  Content can be blocked now by using the "Access Rating" tag.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 03:37:58 pm »

1.  It's hard to understand what you're asking.  If you think you have found a problem, report it with details in the thread that announces the build.  Leave out the "big headache" remarks.  They make it hard to read.
Sorry I didnt elaborate... I had posted this before, just not recieved a reply from you guys
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=61666.msg414433#msg414433
Basically when files are playing from a diffrent machine and you goto playing now on another machine the playing now is always empty for that zone, But if you choose to play files on another machine from the one you are on the the files will show up... more info on link above.
The reason i brought this up as a issue is when something is playing in another room, and i like the name of song etc. it would be nice to just click playing now for that (room\zone) and see what it is, or be able to see what is playing next.

And... i just thought of something. Is this not working due to me having sync turned off for question number 2 maybe? Which I'm scared to hell to turn on.

2.  No big changes are expected.
May i ask what a solution would be for us who have large libraries? I cannot believe others here are not concerned about loosing there library files, if a novice were to accidently delete there libraries from the clients which in turn would wipe out all server files. Also i find it hard to believe everyone only allows for read access on there drives - by doing so tagging of 5 stars would never be possible.
What can i do to be able to have my clients refresh the library without having clients accidentally delete my files.

3.  You can sync from a client to a handheld now.
right but can we get those files to our other machines to do with them what we want(after all we do own our files), Meaning be able to manipulate the files - edit away from home. Example. when i bring my laptop anywhere outside home network, use jriver client to connect to server, and be able to grab what ever file in my library and throw it on my laptop's desktop\harddrive so i can open it in my video\audio editing software, for when i do video jobs, or if i want to mix tracks, or make ringtones etc. right now the only option available when i chose send to under drives and devices is burner, Can we have it send it to our desktop or C\drive etc.

4.  Content can be blocked now by using the "Access Rating" tag.
With access rating can we be away from home and chose whatever library we want?
or are we stuck with the one that is loaded on server?
And to add on to why i feel this is important - Question...In my family we have myself, my gf, my son, my brother. We all want our own libraries.
Do we literally have to have 4 PC's with 4 Seperate libraries so that these people can enjoy there media? is it not possible to have one server that holds all these libraries, then that user can just connect to there own personal library? This could get expensive buying machines for every user, plus the clients to connect to each persons server machine.
If not, is this possible to accomplish please?

Thanks Again.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 09:13:04 am »

81 viewers, and no one else finds these to be important concerns\questions?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 12:32:56 pm »

Some feedback - maybe this will help.

People are busy, tending to skip over lengthy stuff.

Cut to the chase - simple questions, simple facts.  Give only details that are relevant.

For your #3, it is pretty easy to get remote files on the local system:

1) Create a new handheld device.  Call it, say, My Local Media Files, and set the path to be a new folder on the local host.
2) set any conversion options you want for the device (eg. converting large lossless files to smaller lossy ones such as FLAC->mp3).
3) when connected to your remote library, select the files you want to transfer.
4) send them to the handheld.
5) wait until transfer is finished.  They will now be available on the local system.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 01:12:23 pm »

MrC THANK YOU!

Tested it and that works. Your a Godsend!

One down. 3 to go...

Any ideas on my other issues please?
Pages: [1]   Go Up