INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: MC16 and Sickbeard Integration  (Read 21040 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
NEW: MC16 and Sickbeard Integration
« on: May 05, 2011, 11:53:03 am »

I would really like to get Sickbeard and MC16 playing nicely together in order to have my TV series metadata automatically retrieved using Sickbeard and displayed in MC16.

Sickbeard currently supports saving metadata in external XML files that are compatible with the WDTV, MediaBrowser, PS3, and XBMC. The XML files created either contain metadata for the series (stored as "series.xml") or the episode (stored as "[filename].xml"). In addition Sickbeard saves series and season art as "folder.jpg") that I use in my theater view when browsing by folder.

Is there any way to allow intercompatability between Sickbeard and MC16 XML metadata files? Would it be up to them to allow creating JRSidecar files or would it be possible for JRiver to support series and/or season XML based on the filenames mentioned above?

UPDATE:

sgomes comes through!

Alright, I've finished coding all of the above and have submitted a pull request to the SickBeard developer, so that he can update the main project with my changes. Once that's done, you'll have official releases with MC support.

In the meantime, if you want to have MC support in your SickBeard, hop over to http://www.multiupload.com/UJVM40PTNK and get my build. Do the following:

- Shut down SickBeard
- Backup your entire SickBeard installation by making a copy the folder you've installed it in
- Unzip my build on top of your SickBeard installation
- Start SickBeard again

If you then go to Config -> Post Processing, you'll see the drop-down now has "MC" in there. Select that, check the options you want, and press Save Changes.

That's it, you're done! Now any new stuff you get will get MC metadata!

Thanks!  ;D

olinbg

• Recent member
Re: MC16 and Sickbeard Integration
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 11:58:35 am »

Unfortunately it isn't just the naming conventions but also the schema of the XML that's different.  They aren't a one for one match for a number of reasons (for example, how they deal with multi-part fields.  JRiver - semicolon separated, XBMC/MediaBrowser/etc. - a nested tag for each entry)

I would love to see this integrated, either in JRiver supporting the alternate sidecar schema, being able to output additional files as well as the sidecar, or some other implementation.

However, I doubt it will be priority.  I had the beginnings of some code that would do this for me, but I'd need a few weeks to get it distributable if J River isn't going to pursue it.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 12:03:15 pm »

I wonder if a python script to convert the XML files could be tied to post-processing?

So I don't have to ask in a different thread, do you know what naming scheme MC16 supports as far as images go? Folder.jpg for series folders (I'm assuming) and filename.jpg for episode art?

olinbg

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 12:09:05 pm »

It's setting based, both of those are supported, but which one MC uses is based on the cover art setting.

I think previously I used filename.jpg for tv shows and movies.

sgomes

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 03:09:26 am »

Hey Bryanhoop,

Wow, you've got some master timing. I'm doing some work on this, check out https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/pull/145 !

So far I've got most of the metadata working by generating a JRSidecar, but I want to add support for dates as well (shouldn't be hard, as soon as I figure out exactly how MC represents dates in those files).

I haven't got episode thumbnails to work, but if anyone can point me to the default filename that JRiver would use to recognize a thumbnail for a file (if there are multiple files in the same folder), I'd be happy to add that too. Otherwise I'll see if pointing to a thumbnail file in the sidecar will cause MC to import that thumbnail.

--Sérgio

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 03:47:12 am »

... but I want to add support for dates as well (shouldn't be hard, as soon as I figure out exactly how MC represents dates in those files).

This link will help: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=59513.msg404286#msg404286
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

sgomes

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 03:59:59 am »

Thanks, it does indeed! Sounds simple enough.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 05:14:20 am »

I am glad it was helpful. I hope the following helps too.

I haven't got episode thumbnails to work, but if anyone can point me to the default filename that JRiver would use to recognize a thumbnail for a file (if there are multiple files in the same folder), I'd be happy to add that too. Otherwise I'll see if pointing to a thumbnail file in the sidecar will cause MC to import that thumbnail.

External, linked cover art in MC is always file specific. The link is defined in the Image File library field. If the field value (i.e. the linked image's filename) doesn't contain a path the image is linked from the media files's folder. On display MC can show a common cover art image for grouped items (like albums or series) when the individual files have the same cover art link.

MC can use any filename for linked cover art when the filename (and possible path) is defined in the Image File field.

The setting in "Options > File Location > Cover Art" is used when MC saves a cover art image. For video the name is either Video - [Name].jpg (+ the directory path to the set cover art location, if that option is selected) or Folder.jpg. The Video - [Name].jpg scheme can be used for naming episode specific cover art images when each episode has a unique [Name] value.

For some reason MC does not save the Image File field to a sidecar file, but fortunately the value can be read if it exists. For example:
<Field Name="Image File">Video - S05E19 The Wheel Of Fire.jpg</Field>
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

sgomes

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 05:37:25 am »

For some reason MC does not save the Image File field to a sidecar file, but fortunately the value can be read if it exists. For example:
<Field Name="Image File">Video - S05E19 The Wheel Of Fire.jpg</Field>

That is what I was hoping for, thanks for testing it out :)

If this is the case, I should be able to just create a subdirectory for the thumbnails and store them there. I assume MC will do the right thing and move/copy the files to a user-specified directory if they have their MC configured that way.

The plugin will thus be able to create:

Code: [Select]
show_root\folder.jpg                                (poster for the series)
show_root\backdrop.jpg                              (fanart for the series)
show_root\Season 01\folder.jpg                      (thumbnail for the season)
show_root\Season 01\<filename>_<ext>_JRSidecar.xml  (episode metadata)
show_root\Season 01\thumbnails\<filename>.jpg       (thumbnail for the episode)

The generated metadata will include:
  • Filename: location of the video file on disk (absolute path)
  • Media Sub Type: TV Show
  • Episode: episode number within the season
  • Director: director for the episode
  • Season: season number
  • Series: name of the TV show
  • Name: episode name
  • Actors: semicolon-separated list of actors for the show (not the episode, I don't think TVDB has that)
  • Description: textual summary of the current episode
  • Date: the original airdate (date only, no time)
  • Image: the thumbnail for this episode

How does that sound to everyone? Any fields I'm missing, or anything I'm doing wrong?

Given MC's current limitations with handling cover art, the series art and season art probably won't be terribly useful, but who knows, maybe we'll have that in the future. And then you'd be sorry you didn't save those files :)

Also, remember this is just the initial import data, once it's in MC you're free to modify whatever you want (and since post-processing only happens once, your changes shouldn't be overridden unless you download the same episode again).

olinbg

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 07:18:24 am »

Good stuff.  Following the developments.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 08:17:32 am »

Great news!

sgomes

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 12:45:03 pm »

Alright, I've finished coding all of the above and have submitted a pull request to the SickBeard developer, so that he can update the main project with my changes. Once that's done, you'll have official releases with MC support.

In the meantime, if you want to have MC support in your SickBeard, hop over to http://www.multiupload.com/UJVM40PTNK and get my build. Do the following:

- Shut down SickBeard
- Backup your entire SickBeard installation by making a copy the folder you've installed it in
- Start SickBeard again

If you then go to Config -> Post Processing, you'll see the drop-down now has "MC" in there. Select that, check the options you want, and press Save Changes.

That's it, you're done! Now any new stuff you get will get MC metadata!

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
Re: NEW: MC16 and Sickbeard Integration
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 11:36:30 am »

I just wanted to thank you again. This works really well. If anybody wants to add information to their already downloaded files, they should install your version, delete all the jpgs/xml/nfo files in explorer and then run an update/rename/rescan in Sickbeard. Then fire up MC and choose to update library from tags. Voila!

This takes my HTPC to a whole new level, especially now that I can utilize JRiver sub-type guessing and TVDB artwork.

sgomes

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 08:51:53 pm »

I just wanted to thank you again. This works really well. If anybody wants to add information to their already downloaded files, they should install your version, delete all the jpgs/xml/nfo files in explorer and then run an update/rename/rescan in Sickbeard. Then fire up MC and choose to update library from tags. Voila!

This takes my HTPC to a whole new level, especially now that I can utilize JRiver sub-type guessing and TVDB artwork.

Glad to hear it's working well for you! :)

Let me know if you run into any issues!

sunfire7

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 12:12:10 am »

I didnt knew Sickbeard until now, and I am trying with your changes for MC, looks great!  Probably the solution for the metadata we all been waiting for!

thank you sgomes!
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

rick.ca

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 03:01:52 am »

Well done! Thanks, sgomes. If I can get this working with µTorrent, it will be a better solution than what I'm using.

I'm wondering if you can get "Guest Stars". They're associated with episodes, while the "Actors" you're getting are the regulars associated with the series. The field is not always filled, but if it is, it's often the most interesting of the people information available. I suppose you would just assign it to a "Guest Stars" field, and users would create that in MC if they were interested.

sgomes

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 08:34:35 am »

Thanks guys, glad to hear it's useful to you :)

I'm wondering if you can get "Guest Stars". They're associated with episodes, while the "Actors" you're getting are the regulars associated with the series. The field is not always filled, but if it is, it's often the most interesting of the people information available. I suppose you would just assign it to a "Guest Stars" field, and users would create that in MC if they were interested.

Thanks for the suggestion! That field is indeed available from tvdb. As I see it, there are two ways I can do that:
1- Append the guest star info to the beginning of the "Actors" field (with the regulars following). This is not very pretty, but is in line with what AutoMeta does, I believe.
2- Create a new Guest Stars field, as you suggest. This is probably the best option, but I need to test how MC reacts to a field it doesn't know in a sidecar.

I'll probably go with no. 2, but I'm away from my Windows machine until the end of next week, so you may have to wait a little while. :-\

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 10:31:00 am »

2- Create a new Guest Stars field, as you suggest. This is probably the best option, but I need to test how MC reacts to a field it doesn't know in a sidecar.
I believe it will work only if the user creates the field.

Thanks for your work.

rick.ca

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 03:00:48 pm »

The user would definitely have to add the field if they want the data. If they don't, MC will just ignore it.

BTW, I see from the NFO files, <actor> includes <name> and <role>. Instead of just using <name>, you could use <name>\<role> for a nested list in MC. But some users are going to prefer it as is. I don't suppose there's a straightforward way to handle such a preference. Is there a user-editable file in the installation that defines the fields?

Now this is interesting...In trying to answer that question for myself, I see there are XML files with series data—like this:

<Data>
  <Series>
    <id>73800</id>
    <Actors>|Teri Hatcher|Marcia Cross|Eva Longoria Parker|Felicity Huffman|Dana Delany|Nicollette Sheridan|Neal McDonough|Lyndsy Fonseca|Josh Henderson|Dougray Scott|Alfre Woodard|Joy Lauren|Shawn Pyfrom|Brenda Strong|Kyle MacLachlan|Doug Savant|Cody Kasch|James Denton|Mark Moses|Steven Culp|Ricardo Antonio Chavira|Jesse Metcalfe|Andrea Bowen|Vanessa Williams|Mason Vale Cotton|Madison de la Garza|Kendall Applegate|Joshua Logan Moore|Max Carver|Charlie Carver|Beau Mirchoff|Jeffrey Nordling|Kathryn Joosten|Maiara Walsh|Drea de Matteo|</Actors>
    <Airs_DayOfWeek>Sunday</Airs_DayOfWeek>
    <Airs_Time>9:00 PM</Airs_Time>
    <ContentRating>TV-PG</ContentRating>
    <FirstAired>2004-10-03</FirstAired>
    <Genre>|Comedy|Drama|</Genre>
    <IMDB_ID>tt0410975</IMDB_ID>
    <Language>en</Language>
    <Network>ABC</Network>
    <NetworkID></NetworkID>
    <Overview>What dark secrets lie behind the well-manicured front lawns of Wisteria Lane? Murder? Suicide? Sex? Adultery? Try all the above, and that's just the first episode.

Desperate Housewives has enraptured millions with its steamy tales of supposedly mild-mannered suburbanites. Whether it's Lynette struggling to raise her three rambunctious boys, or Gabrielle trying to prove she's more than just a token trophy wife, the women of Desperate Housewives never fail to keep the thrills coming and the audience's temperature rising.</Overview>
    <Rating>7.8</Rating>
    <RatingCount>124</RatingCount>
    <Runtime>60</Runtime>
    <SeriesID>24641</SeriesID>
    <SeriesName>Desperate Housewives</SeriesName>
    <Status>Continuing</Status>
    <added></added>
    <addedBy></addedBy>
    <banner>graphical/73800-g11.jpg</banner>
    <fanart>fanart/original/73800-12.jpg</fanart>
    <lastupdated>1304877976</lastupdated>
    <poster>posters/73800-9.jpg</poster>
    <zap2it_id>SH00672318</zap2it_id>
  </Series>
</Data>

Some of those—like First Aired, Air Day/Time, Status, Genre and Overview—could be added to custom series-relational fields. Air Day/Time could vary from season to season, or even within season. But if theTVDb doesn't care, why should we? For some reason, JRiver thinks movies and series have only one genre, so the standard [Genre] can't be used anyway. If this is even feasible, it might be best to leave it up to the user to decide how to best handle such fields. Some may not want to make them relational, and/or would rather add the data to some other existing field. I prefer to name such fields [s.Genre] and [s.Overview]—so I don't later get confused about their special purpose.

Maybe you're already getting the actor data from a similar file? As I mentioned before, it seems theTVDb does relate actors to series (rather than episode), so this would be a more effective way to deal with Actors as well. In MC, this would make "series actors" separate from "movie actors." But that's probably just as well. They can easily be combined with an expression when necessary. 

Anyway, this is just food for thought. I think these things warrant some discussion about how the information might be used in MC before you consider further development.

sgomes

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 03:35:56 pm »

Thanks for your work.

Thanks, Jim!

(...)
Anyway, this is just food for thought. I think these things warrant some discussion about how the information might be used in MC before you consider further development.

Right, I was trying to stick to what MC supports well and would work for all users without much setup. And regarding configuration for the post-processor, I'm afraid it would take quite a bit of work to be able to have it store its own preferences, sorry :-/

I'd be happy to provide any other fields, but I'm reluctant to start setting a "standard" ahead of what MC supports. Perhaps we can start a thread with a list of fields we'd like to see MC support natively, and see if the team agrees to implementing them? To anyone interested, I suggest looking at http://www.thetvdb.com/wiki/index.php/API:Base_Series_Record (for series-specific information) and http://www.thetvdb.com/wiki/index.php/API:Base_Episode_Record (for episide-specific information) to see what sort of fields tvdb provides.

rick.ca

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 04:28:12 pm »

I'd be happy to provide any other fields, but I'm reluctant to start setting a "standard" ahead of what MC supports.

It's not really a matter of "supporting" fields. MC handles fields added by the user equally well. JRiver tries to be helpful by adding stock fields it believes users may need. I import all my video data from Personal Video Database. More than half the fields used are custom fields—either because there is no equivalent stock field, or the one provided is of the wrong type (e.g., [Genre] is not the list field required). It would actually be easier if they would just add the stock fields needed for essential program functions, and then make it clear to users they may add any number of any type of field they require.

I think these things warrant some discussion about how the information might be used in MC before you consider further development.

By this I meant discussion between yourself and users who are interested in this. JRiver doesn't need to (and won't) pronounce any revision to "standards" to accommodate such things. It's up to you to determine what method serves users best and advise them of the fields to be added to support the service. In making that decision, you should recognize it will generally be best to provide more information than less. And unless you're really sure everyone wants the data to be put in a stock field, it may be better to have them use a custom field anyway. Users can ignore data they don't need, and have all the power of MC at their disposal to manipulate the data that is provided. For example, if you were to provide Actors\Roles in a custom field instead of Actors in [Actors], I could convert that to just Actors, use it as is in a nested list field, or reformat it (e.g., Actor • Role) in a regular list field.

Also, JRiver has already provided the ability to relate a field to [Series]. That doesn't mean they're dictating any standard. It's up to the user to decide whether that's better suited to their circumstances and preferences. So for those fields, you don't really have any choice but to arbitrarily set the field name. If they want the data, users will have to create that field. But they can still decide the field type, assign a display name they find more suitable, or use an expression field to convert it into a different form.

BTW, after a few days, this seems to be working very well. I've got it working with µTorrent, but there are still a few things not yet clear to me...

• I'm not sure if the post-processing (renaming and moving files downloaded by µTorrent) is happening automatically, or only because I'm tinkering with Sick Beard and doing things like Force Full Update.

• Once a sidecar file has been created, I'm not sure if or how it gets updated from the Sick Beard side (e.g., like when a few days after the release date, more information is available). In testing this, I've had to delete the sidecar file before Force Full Update will create another one, but maybe that's just because it knows there has been no change (I haven't attempted to find one where the information at theTVDb has in fact been updated). And, similar to my first point, even if updates do work, it's unclear to me whether or not they happen automatically.

Regardless of those questions, it does seem to be a very good solution for managing episodes. I can continue to use PVD for series information, but this would be an acceptable complete solution for series if it got that as well.

sgomes

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 09:10:03 pm »

By this I meant discussion between yourself and users who are interested in this. JRiver doesn't need to (and won't) pronounce any revision to "standards" to accommodate such things. It's up to you to determine what method serves users best and advise them of the fields to be added to support the service. In making that decision, you should recognize it will generally be best to provide more information than less. And unless you're really sure everyone wants the data to be put in a stock field, it may be better to have them use a custom field anyway. Users can ignore data they don't need, and have all the power of MC at their disposal to manipulate the data that is provided. For example, if you were to provide Actors\Roles in a custom field instead of Actors in [Actors], I could convert that to just Actors, use it as is in a nested list field, or reformat it (e.g., Actor • Role) in a regular list field.

Right, I guess I'm just reluctant to add custom fields :)

Also, JRiver has already provided the ability to relate a field to [Series]. That doesn't mean they're dictating any standard. It's up to the user to decide whether that's better suited to their circumstances and preferences. So for those fields, you don't really have any choice but to arbitrarily set the field name. If they want the data, users will have to create that field. But they can still decide the field type, assign a display name they find more suitable, or use an expression field to convert it into a different form.

True, but I want something that works for a number of users without too much work. I don't want to be adding documentation to Sick Beard explaining how to configure the MC plugin to work to its fullest, given that it's just one of its several plugins (once the developer pulls my code into the actual project).

But I guess I can just keep a thread in this forum for an explanation of all the custom fields.

I'm not sure if the post-processing (renaming and moving files downloaded by µTorrent) is happening automatically, or only because I'm tinkering with Sick Beard and doing things like Force Full Update.

I guess that depends on your install and how you configured things. I saw a few good guides online as to how to configure Sick Beard, although to be fair I never tried using it with torrents. You may be able to get some info from the official site.

Once a sidecar file has been created, I'm not sure if or how it gets updated from the Sick Beard side (e.g., like when a few days after the release date, more information is available). In testing this, I've had to delete the sidecar file before Force Full Update will create another one, but maybe that's just because it knows there has been no change (I haven't attempted to find one where the information at theTVDb has in fact been updated). And, similar to my first point, even if updates do work, it's unclear to me whether or not they happen automatically.[/li][/list]

Post-processing only happens after a download finishes or when you run it manually. If you're hoping to update things a few days after an episode is released, you'll need to do that manually.

Regardless of those questions, it does seem to be a very good solution for managing episodes. I can continue to use PVD for series information, but this would be an acceptable complete solution for series if it got that as well.

So this is probably a good chance to ask: which fields would all of you like to see? Let me know what data you'd like to store, and I'll bounce a few ideas off of you before implementing anything.

rick.ca

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011, 01:21:41 am »

So this is probably a good chance to ask: which fields would all of you like to see? Let me know what data you'd like to store, and I'll bounce a few ideas off of you before implementing anything.

Here's a start. I can update this table with the comments or preferences of others, if that helps. My suggested field names are in blue. The rest are the current assignments (please correct me if I'm wrong). The "s" prefix denotes a field related to Series (this is the method I currently name r.Artist and a.Album-related fields). That doesn't mean others have to make them relational. In a number of cases the prefix distinguishes the field from an existing one—so it's serving a dual purpose. The "x" just means I personally have no use for the data.

TVDb                      

MC                         Comment                    
Episode Data:
DirectorDirector
EpisodeNameName
EpisodeNumberEpisode
FirstAiredDate
GuestStarsGuest Stars
IMDB_IDxsee Series
Languagex
OverviewDescription
ProductionCodex
Ratingxunreliable - few voters
SeasonNumberSeason
Writer

Screenwriter
Series Data:
Actorss.Actorscurrently [Actors] which can't be related to Series
Airs_DayOfWeeks.AirDaystring
Airs_Times.AirTimestring
FirstAireds.AirFirstdate
Genres.Genrelist
IMDB_IDs.URLfor Link
Languagex
Networks.Networkstring
Overviews.Overviewmemo
Ratings.Rating
Runtimexwe have duration from file
SeriesNameSeries
Statuss.Statusstring

flac.rules

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2011, 03:58:10 pm »

I am trying to get a hold of this, so this is probably some newbie-questions.

When using sickbeard the following things are downloaded into the Series folder.: folder.jpg, backdrop.jpg and series.xml, and a folder named "metadata" inside the metadatafolder there is a jpg and xml for each episode. Is this right? It doesn't quite fit with the list of files showed earlier in this thread.

Furthermore it seems like MC only uses the folder.jpg, no other information is showed in theatre view. Also the series is in the "other" under video in theatre view, not in "TV", can i fix this somehow? An can i get a similar setup in normal view? (TV/Movies and so on?).

Its a great initiative, I hope to use it extensivly in the future.

rick.ca

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 07:11:49 pm »

and a folder named "metadata" inside the metadatafolder there is a jpg and xml for each episode. Is this right?

It doesn't seem so—I have no such sub-folders (only "thumbnails" for episode thumbnails). Have you set the Metadata Type to "MC" in the Post Processing configuration?

Furthermore it seems like MC only uses the folder.jpg, no other information is showed in theatre view.

Is that the covert art option you're using in MC? If so, I suppose that's all you're going to get—since all the episodes are saved in a Series folder which has a folder.jpg for the series.

Also the series is in the "other" under video in theatre view, not in "TV", can i fix this somehow?

The best advice I can give you is to scrap the stock views and build your own. It's not difficult to configure a view to give you exactly what you want. The stock view you're expecting to work is likely based on [Media Sub Type]=[TV Show], and your files might not all be tagged that way (because MC is "guessing" wrong, or the files were imported before it started doing that). It's easier and more effective to just put all series under a "Series" folder, and use that to determine what should appear in a Series view.

sgomes

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 12:15:56 am »

Right, it sounds like you're using another post processing instead of the MC one. Just unselect those options, select MC from the drop-down, select the correct options there, and then click save.

If you ask me, the interface needs improving, but I guess I had to work with what Sick Beard gave me :)

MrHaugen

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 03:49:49 am »

This sounds very interesting!

So, this is and app or web app that is able to pick up any tv shows, tag them, download meta data, move files to a folder stucture and so on? I just had a little play time with the app, and it also looked like it could keep track of new episodes and seasons as well? If this could download new episodes as they are released as well, this would be a dream come true I guess.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

rick.ca

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2011, 05:18:42 am »

If this could download new episodes as they are released as well, this would be a dream come true I guess.

That's what it does.

MrHaugen

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2011, 05:46:49 am »

Superb! I'll give it a go on my media server as soon as possible.

MrHaugen

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 10:36:19 am »

This is not supported in Windows server 2008 R2 64 bit, or what? I get an error when trying to install original SickBeard.

Error message:
The application has failed because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect.
More details in Event Viewer:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\MC\SickBeard-win32-alpha-build487\SickBeard.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2011, 10:39:01 am »

This is not supported in Windows server 2008 R2 64 bit, or what? I get an error when trying to install original SickBeard.

Error message:
The application has failed because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect.
More details in Event Viewer:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\MC\SickBeard-win32-alpha-build487\SickBeard.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

You may want to try the python version.

flac.rules

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2011, 03:39:09 pm »

Thanks for the Tip, You guys where right, I hadn't used the right settings. I have a couple of more questions though:

Can i get the program to update data for instance every 24 hours? Or can i just put the folder i have all my TV-series in the  "TV Download Dir"-setting in sickbeard? (seems like automatic downloading is only useful for people who use news)

leezer3

• MC Beta Team

MrHaugen

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2011, 05:04:54 pm »

I installed the Python 3.2 MSI installer package for x64 systems, as well as the mentioned Visual C++ Redistibutable Packages for x64 systems. I had problems finding the Cheeta templates for windows though, but I don't think thats supposed to prevent me from running the sickbeard.exe file.

Anyone have other suggestions? I'll take a better look at this tomorrow, but don't know if I'll get much further though.
System: Win Server 2008 R2, 64 Bit.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2011, 06:14:40 pm »

You still want to install the 32-bit redistributables, I'd say this is where you've gone wrong.
If the compiled application is 32-bit, it needs the 32-bit redistributables and vice-versa. Stupid I know, but that's Windows for you sometimes.

-Leezer-

rick.ca

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2011, 09:02:55 pm »

Can i get the program to update data for instance every 24 hours? Or can i just put the folder i have all my TV-series in the  "TV Download Dir"-setting in sickbeard? (seems like automatic downloading is only useful for people who use news)

No, no, and (no). ;)

Downloading with torrents works if configured properly. I've got it working fine with µTorrent. But it's the two working together that provides "automatic downloading." To do so...

• To answer your first question, at Search Options > Episode Search, set Search Frequency or just leave the default of 60 minutes.

• At Search Options > Torrent Search, specify a Torrent Black Hole or Watch folder where SB is to store the torrent files found.

• At Search Providers, select a Provider. EZRSS works for me (it's the feed I've always used).

• Configure your torrent client to "watch" the folder set in 2. In µTorrent, that's at Preferences > Directories. Set Automatically load .torrents from... to the Watch folder. While there...

• Set your torrent client's Download folder. In µTorrent, that's also at Preferences > Directories. Set Put new downloads in... and do not select Move completed downloads to.... The download directory should be just that—a temporary download or "incoming" location. SB will rename and move them according to...

• At Post Processing, enter the Download folder from 5 as the TV Download Dir. Set Move Associated Files, Rename Episodes (set the rules under Episode Naming) and Scan and Process.

If configured correctly, this is what should happen for each new episode...

• SB finds a torrent using a Provider and puts it in the Watch folder.
  • µT finds the torrent in it's Watch folder and downloads the file to the Download folder.
  • SB finds the file in the Download folder, renames and moves it to the Location you set when adding the Show.

flac.rules

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2011, 02:04:39 am »

Wow, thanks for a nice guide. I guess my problem is that i don't get many of my series from a random torrent site (which i guess sickbeard downloads from). If i for instance rip a new season of a series to mkv, and put it in my TV-folder, will sickbeard handle that kind of stuff? Or do i have to manually scan every time a add content that are not downloaded through sickbeard?

rick.ca

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2011, 05:11:58 pm »

If i for instance rip a new season of a series to mkv, and put it in my TV-folder, will sickbeard handle that kind of stuff? Or do i have to manually scan every time a add content that are not downloaded through sickbeard?

You probably have to select the series in SB and Re-scan files.

Be aware that if you configure SB to download files, it's going to do so if it can find them. Existing files are not an issue, because it will scan and recognize them. Past releases you plan to rip from DVD later can be set to "ignored" until you do. If using a Provider like EZRSS, that's not an issue anyway—it provides only current releases. And if you don't want the current releases because you'd rather wait for them to be released on DVD, then you would put the series on "pause" until after you've ripped the DVD.

CEONelson

• Recent member
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2011, 02:10:38 pm »

I just wanted to say that sgomes is a scholar and a gentleman for coding this!  Though unfortunately my work has been suffering as I am enjoying getting all of my shows into sickbeard and jrmc...

rick.ca

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2011, 03:23:41 pm »

...I am enjoying getting all of my shows into sickbeard and MC.

Is there any additional information you would like to have?

MrHaugen

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2011, 10:55:47 am »

So, I finally got this thing working. And it looks like it's doing well. Only question I have is around the Archiving stuff.

If I select a high Quality for Archive, Sickbeard and SABnzbd starts to download all kinds of GB heavy episodes. IF this old episodes is replaced with newer ones, how will MC handle it? Will the Number plays be intact? What if the file extension is changed from let's say AVI to MKV? Will MC cope with that change, or do I have to import it all over and delete the old stuff from MC?

I'm starting to think that it's better to leave the Archive Quality settings off for my old series. I've watched them anyway, and there is really no need to download it in higher quality. But if I do this, I might not get to have good quality episodes for new series right? Another option might be to select the existing seasons as Archived right after they have loaded in Sickbeard, and then set the quality settings high in both initial and archived, so new content downloads in good quality?

Could someone explain or come with some suggestions please?

*EDIT*
A few episodes downloaded now. They were avi's prior to the download, and was replaced with MKV's. Looks like MC/Sickbeard discards the old files and the new files is imported in MC. It's a shame that the play number goes away and I have to set my Video Subtype field again. But other than that, it seems to work pretty smooth.

flac.rules

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2011, 05:50:17 pm »

Anyone tried to both use news, and also get sickbeard to watch a TV-download-dir used by a torrent-program? DOes this conflict in any way?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2011, 05:58:21 pm »

Anyone tried to both use news, and also get sickbeard to watch a TV-download-dir used by a torrent-program? DOes this conflict in any way?

I do it. Works fine.

flac.rules

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2011, 06:13:23 pm »

Wonderful, Thanks for the info.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2011, 01:41:54 pm »

- Shut down SickBeard
- Start SickBeard again

Sorry to rehash this old thread, but I'd like to get this working on my unRAID server, which runs Linux.

It doesn't appear that your changes have been incorporated into SickBeard, and after this much time, I have to assume the developer just isn't going to do that, for whatever reason  :P

So, I downloaded your zip file, but the contents appear very much windows-centric, and don't really match at all the files/folders I have on the Linux install.  The autoProcessTV folder appears the same, but that's about it, as far as I can tell.

So, my question is, how might I incorporate your changes into my Linux install in unRAID?  I tried copying the autoProcessTV.py file to my install, but that killed SB, and I spent about 1 1/2 hours trying to recover from that, at 2am :(

Thanks for any help/guidance you can provide.
pretend this is something funny

sgomes

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2011, 03:24:50 pm »

Hi JustinChase,

It seems that the official maintainer hasn't had a lot of time; there's a whole lot of pull requests pending.

The following pull request contains my changes against trunk at the time: https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/pull/145 Your best bet is to analyze the diff of my changes and try to replicate them against the latest version.

I might get to it in a few weeks, but right now I don't have my main machine, since I've moved recently. I'll keep you posted!

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2011, 05:57:14 pm »

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.  I poked around a bit to see if I could at least find the files your commit pertains to, but I'm not even sure where those files are located.  :P  I don't know anything about compiling, nor very much about Linux, so I'll just continue to wait until this gets done by someone else.

I'm not in a hurry, so it's not a problem for me to wait (I've lived without it for this long :))

I hope your move went well; that's never too much fun  :P

Thanks again.
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up