INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B-17 Edition -- Media Center 17.0.20  (Read 10670 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
B-17 Edition -- Media Center 17.0.20
« on: October 20, 2011, 01:36:32 pm »

Art by Gray Eagle

B17
This is the first public release of JRiver Media Center 17.0 Beta.  

It's not recommended for first time users of Media Center.  MC16 will probably be more stable for a while.

It requires an MC17 license.  There is currently a special price on upgrades from previous versions.  

JimH

• Administrator
Re: B17 Edition
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 02:17:12 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 17 Beta.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170020.exe

17.0.20 (10/19/2011)

1. Changed: Media Center 17 no longer honors a Media Center 16 license.
2. NEW: Live TV uses custom madVR overlay drawing so the OSD will not change the display from exclusive mode to windowed mode.
3. Changed: Added 'Disk' to the Theater View default image and video views.
4. Changed: MC ignores some MP4/MOV atoms that have names that coincide with Apple iTunes metadata atoms but written in formats different from iTunes data.
5. NEW: Sidecar subtitles are supported when watching a ripped DVD.

17.0.19 (10/15/2011)

1. Fixed: Importing files could crash.
2. Changed: Small change to the Theater View fade-in animation time used in lists.

17.0.18 (10/14/2011)

1. Fixed: Sorting was not working properly in some cases (only applies to the last few builds).
2. Changed: Thumbnailing honors the playback range of a video.
3. Changed: Video thumbnailing uses PNG instead of JPEG for data interchange for slightly better quality.
4. Fixed: Image rotation and edits were not being honored at playback time.
5. Changed: Play Doctor better handles the case where it's seeded with a single song that's an artist's only song in the library.
6. Changed: Windows 7 taskbar button for MC now shows the currently playing track in the tooltip.
7. Fixed: Video thumbnails could grab from the beginning of a file instead of at the configured time.

17.0.17 (10/13/2011)

1. Fixed: When switching from PCM to DSD bitstreaming over ASIO, the first play of DSD could fail with some devices.
2. Fixed: Series category thumbnail views in Standard View were not using series images.
3. Changed: Lists did not intelligently select a thumbnail aspect ratio in artist or series image views.
4. Changed: Merged the Standard View and Theater View thumbnail aspect ratio selection code (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
5. Fixed: The v4+ style blocks would not be parsed for some SSA subtitles.
6. Changed: The Rename, Move, & Copy Files tool will allow files from optical discs to be copied (but still not renamed since optical discs are read-only).
7. Fixed: MC would crash when user cancels time-shifting with analog television devices.
8. Changed: MC no longer requires ArcSoft MPEG Demultiplexer filter for a Hauppauge HD PVR video capture device to work.
9. Changed: MC does a better job of deciding when a DVD disc is a set of TV shows rather than a movie.  Blu-ray still needs work.

17.0.16 (10/12/2011)

1. NEW: Video playback will load a sidecar commercial skip file in the .edl format and honor skips and mutes.
2. Fixed: The wrong default title was getting chosen for blu-ray discs.
3. Changed: The 'Subtitles' on screen display (OSD) choice no longer appears for videos with no subtitles.
4. Fixed: Right in a details list in Theater View would go to the next item (only applies to build 15).
5. Fixed: Cover Art > Get From Internet was not working properly for television shows that were ripped from a DVD.
6. Fixed: Hulu and Netflix weren't working in Theater View.

17.0.15 (10/11/2011)

1. NEW: MC handles audio video format change (MPEG-2, H.264, AC3, AAC etc.) during channel changes so DVB-T2 channels can be played.
2. Fixed: Configuring television tuner (clicking Configure button with selected tuner device) would cause MC to hang.
3. Fixed: Certain blu-ray titles could stall out with a black screen when starting playback (title scanning bug).
4. Changed: Carnac won't change capitalization when a value already uses title case.
5. Changed: Carnac better understands series ranges like "Curb Your Enthusiasm S4E1-6".
6. Changed: Carnac does a better job with miniseries that have episode values but no season.
7. Fixed: The new option to show a search at the file level in Theater View didn't work properly with nested views.
8. Changed: Tuned Theater View thumbnail aspect ratio and sizing.
9. Changed: Television series images are stored like artist images so that per-episode thumbnails can still be used.
10. Changed: Revised the message shown when registering / testing a Library Server.
11. Changed: Media subtype on ripped movies is set to "TV Show" rather than "Movie" if there are several shorter titles.
12. Fixed: Each database load would unnecessarily resave mediafiles.jmd (harmless but slow).
13. Changed: Expressions support &DataType=[Integer] to specify that the output should be treated as an integer.
14. Changed: Pushing right on the right-most thumbnail in a list in Theater View goes to the first thumbnail on the next row.

17.0.14 (10/10/2011)

1. Fixed: Theater View could crash when navigating around.
2. Changed: Carnac improvements.
3. Fixed: In certains cases, the user could remove files from the library but they would show up again at next program startup.
4. Changed: Cover Art > Get From Internet for a television program uses TheTVDB.com.
5. Changed: Cover Art for telelvision shows will assume that there's one image per series (like music tracks assume there is one image per album).
6. Changed: Theater View uses a thumbnail aspect ratio designed for poster aspect ratios for movie and television show views.
7. Changed: When arrowing around a television program view, backdrops load as the selection changes instead of only after entering a series.

17.0.13 (10/7/2011)

1. Changed: Improved Carnac's date parsing system so that it can better detect dates in image and video filenames like "20100901113923.mpg" or "My Camera 2010-03-01 Dump.avi".
2. Fixed: Years could display with a decimal point.
3. Changed: At completion of playback of a blu-ray title, a dialog is shown allowing user to pick another title to play.
4. Fixed: If a cover art folder was set to a missing UNC path, it could lead to a hang.

17.0.12 (10/7/2011)

1. Changed: IsMissing(...) expression will handle special-case filenames like Blu-ray, DVD, etc. when used without a parameter like IsMissing().  When used like IsMissing(some value), the exact value specified be tested.
2. Fixed: Library Server client could have incorrect thumbnails in certain cases.
3. Fixed: Selecting "Delete" on a blu-ray title in the library now actually deletes the blu-ray files as well as the database entry if requested.
4. Fixed: The file system manager could fail to detect an optical drive.
5. Fixed: Playback of DVD on Android using Gizmo was not working properly in some cases.
6. Changed: Added extra logging to help troubleshoot a startup freeze issue.

17.0.11 (10/6/2011)

1. Changed: "Get Movie Info" searches all sources and presents the results in a shared list instead of requiring the user to pick a single source.
2. Changed: When Media Center 17 runs, if a copy of Media Center 16 is running, it silently closes it and clears the flag to run on Windows startup.
3. Changed: Bitstreaming of DSD over ASIO honors the DSD bitstreaming setting in Options > Video > Bitstreaming.

17.0.10 (10/6/2011)

1. NEW: Carnac auto-tagging engine that fills in missing tag information from the filename and other known information about media (used on import, Fill Properties From Filename, and Update Library (from tags)).
2. Fixed: The television program guide in Standard View could incorrectly be empty.
3. Fixed: A Library Server client machine would not auto-upgrade settings when coming from v16.
4. Fixed: The upgrade from v16 could auto-upgrade the library if it was in a non-default location (instead of making a separate copy).
5. Changed: The option to install a quick launch icon is no longer offered on Vista and newer.
6. Changed: Removed MediaSubType(...) expression.  Instead, use the standard [Media Sub Type] field which is filled by Carnac.
7. Changed: Blu-ray title selection now works right away instead of having to restart playback.  OSD title switching also works.
8. Fixed: Blu-ray title selection menu now filters out titles that were simple loops with a static graphic image.
9. Changed: Red October uses the latest LAV filters (v0.37).
10. Fixed: Virtual Box container shares could think that mapped drives were unavailable.
11. Fixed: The AMG link on the link bar was not searching artists properly.
12. Fixed: Wikipedia movie lookup would not get the image in some cases.
13. Changed: Media Center 17 will show an error message and not run if Media Center 16 is running.
14. Changed: When Media Center 17 enters server mode, it removes the setting to run on Windows startup from v16.

perpetual98

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: B17 Edition -- Media Center 17.0.20
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 06:37:37 pm »

Nice B-17 pic.  We had one fly pretty low over us a few weeks back while we were golfing.  Pretty sure everyone on the course took the time to watch it go over.  Pretty slick.

jack wallstreet

Possible Library File Location Issue
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 12:05:19 am »

I change library location with every upgrade (e.g., from MC16 folder to an MC17 folder) and it is possible that I am not doing it right, but there does seem to be an issue with MC17.020 or I am being dense.

The main library ported over from 16 fine to MC17.  The problem is secondary libraries which I create in an MC17 folder and then populate.  The new library initially establishes (all the file) in the MC17 folder, but eventually as I create more libraries, all but the last one created reverts to their equivalent names in the MC16 folder (meaning the pointer in MC17, the library itself stays in MC17).  This happens after a restore and the automatic closing of MC17 to establish the library settings.  I have done this a number of times and cannot get the mc17 pointer to stay.  It always reverts to MC16.  (The library is established in MC17, but it appears the MC17 reverts to pointing at the original library in the MC16 folder).  I should also point out that the cover art file location seems to revert to MC16 at the same time.  I have specifically set it to MC17 and have even been able to use MC17 to populate it (save cover art), but it still later reverts to MC16/

??

---EDIT/UPDATE ---  I have done an apparent workaround and things are fine, but I suspect there still is a minor glitch that causes unexpected things to happen or at least non-obvious.  The main issue where MC17.020 would reset the libarary path pointer to an incorrect path appears to happen only after a restore.  In these cases, I was in MC17 and restored and MC16 library to a libary of the same name but to a MC17 folder.  This caused a restart and in the restart paths were automatically changed to the path that was the original MC16 library path - to an MC16 folder (only difference was the 17 and the 16 in the names.  I solved the problem by deleting the now incorrect pathed library in MC17 (which incorrectly had been pointing to the library of the same name in MC16), and then restablishing the library in MC17 and pointing to the library in the MC17 folder (that had been created by the restore).  I then manually reset the cover art to MC17 which had changed itself to MC16 (actually Media Center 16).  I also renamed to old MC 16 directory so that MC 17 couldn't find it by changing the 17 back to 16 (if that was the problem). 
John

cadillac

• Recent member
Re: B-17 Edition -- Media Center 17.0.20
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 11:52:28 am »

Hi
I bought that program like every time a new version came out.
i have notice a slowing computer loading and some troubles in my sound drivers.
it has bean stop immediately after i had it uninstall !!
guess i will have to wait for the final version.
windows 7 64 bit
creative sound card & drivers   

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 11:54:14 am »

Hard to say what you experienced.  We haven't heard that before.

Sheugel

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 01:24:04 am »

Hi,
Just a few suggestions for the upgrade between two versions of MC:
- the building of thumbnails should happen automatically in the background
- the building of artist images makes MC hang and can lead to a crash (Windows says program is not responding): the process could be more transparent (tell its progression in action window) and let the user do other stuff (listen to its music instead of waiting for a long time)
Apart from that, everything in the upgrade is automatic and very user friendly.
Thanks.

Domi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 02:15:43 am »

Hi,

I've installed Media Center 17.0.20 yesterday and I've noticed that subtitles still appears even I've chosen "show subtitle only if language is different from audio language" in option when I start to play a Blu-ray disc. I have to disable subtitle using right click during the playing.

I must precise that I'm using french language (default subtitle language: French, default audio language: French).

In 17 video seems better quality especially with DVD playing and Youtube video, is it only an impression or is it real?

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 03:04:20 am »

1)
If I auto-import a new video, now I don't get a date field anymore ? (was ok in jr16)

2)
also can carnac be switched off ?

I would like to handle my own naming, using 'fill properties from filename' :

\\NAS2\downloads\tv\[Album]\Season
[Series] - s[Season]e[Episode] - [Name] -

e.g. differences :
my season : '09' carnac season '9'
my album : same name as series, carnac 'album' is empty
my episode name : 'Project Dawn, Episode 10' carnac episode name 'Project Dawn, Episode 10 - HDTV'

and I can set different media subtype (movie, tv show, music video)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 08:11:54 am »

also can carnac be switched off ?

No, but you can still make manual changes like always.

I would like to handle my own naming, using 'fill properties from filename' :

\\NAS2\downloads\tv\[Album]\Season
[Series] - s[Season]e[Episode] - [Name] -

e.g. differences :
my season : '09' carnac season '9'
my album : same name as series, carnac 'album' is empty

Media Center doesn't use (or need) leading zeroes on numbers.

Also, there should be no need to set an album for TV.

my episode name : 'Project Dawn, Episode 10' carnac episode name 'Project Dawn, Episode 10 - HDTV'

Could you post a couple full filenames (including path)?  This just sounds like a case where Carnac needs tuning.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 05:56:25 pm »

MC close when load subtitle in avi.

error:

Assinatura do problema:
  Nome do Evento de Problema:   APPCRASH
  Nome do Aplicativo:   Media Center 17.exe
  Versão do Aplicativo:   17.0.20.0
  Carimbo de Data/Hora do Aplicativo:   4e9f48f4
  Nome do Módulo de Falhas:   JRPlayer.dll
  Versão do Módulo de Falhas:   17.0.20.0
  Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo de Falhas:   4e9f48cf
  Código de Exceção:   c0000005
  Deslocamento de Exceção:   000c19a0
  Versão do sistema operacional:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Identificação da Localidade:   1046
  Informações Adicionais 1:   0a9e
  Informações Adicionais 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Informações Adicionais 3:   0a9e
  Informações Adicionais 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Fabricio, from Brazil.

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 02:34:47 am »

No, but you can still make manual changes like always.
in JR16, I had a tree item that showed me just videos WITHOUT media subtype.
So it was easy to see which videos need tagging...

Media Center doesn't use (or need) leading zeroes on numbers.

I know, but I already have hundreds of episodes

now I suddenly have Season 9 and Season 09, which MC considers different so I have to rename everything..

Also, there should be no need to set an album for TV.

I know, but I have an LCD display (and lots of netremote screens) that display the 'album' for both video and music.

Could you post a couple full filenames (including path)?  This just sounds like a case where Carnac needs tuning.

\\nas2\downloads\movies\Source Code (2011)\Source Code 720P.mkv
\\nas2\downloads\music videos\Austin City Limits\Season 37\Austin City Limits - s37e01 - Mumford & Sons - Flogging Molly - HD TV.mkv
\\nas2\downloads\tv\Treme\Season 02\Treme - s02e01 - Accentuate the Positive - Unknown.ts

Also note my comment that the date is now missing on all imported videos

Marcel

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 06:09:41 am »

17.0.15 (10/11/2011)

1. NEW: MC handles audio video format change (MPEG-2, H.264, AC3, AAC etc.) during channel changes so DVB-T2 channels can be played.

Not sure if this is the beginning of DVB-T2 support, and there is more work to do, but I still can't get DVB-T2 channels to show. Maybe it is because they are MPEG-4 IIRC? Would you like a log?

A channel scan in MC17 doesn't pick them up either. (I've manually added the HD channel).

I'm really pleased that TV is an active area of work for MC17! Thanks!

SBR

Edit: see update post in TV sub forum - scan does now pick them up for me. Some success in playback.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 05:40:04 am »

Hi !

Why is it impossible to customize the "Playing Now" view ? ( ... and to save this view ?)

Please change this.

Thanks.

Jean-Marc.

globetrotters1

Re: B17 Edition
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 07:13:23 am »

5. NEW: Sidecar subtitles are supported when watching a ripped DVD.

If I understand it the correct way, you made it possible to rip a DVD into a VIDEO_TS subfolder and add a SRT subtitle file. Would be cool...

Could you please explain how to include a subtitle file, which name, where to put it and so on... just a short explanation would be nice

Thanks
:)

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 08:28:18 am »

MC close when load subtitle in avi.

error:

Fabricio, from Brazil.

?
Help-me.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 08:59:40 pm »

Series images are not successfully being saved after an internet lookup. After I click "Save Cover Art" it says "updating server" and then the series images are not applied. I've searched the appdata directory and the directory with my TV files and they are not saved there, either. No series images are used in theater view or standard view.
Pages: [1]   Go Up