INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume Set to Zero on Song Change  (Read 1599 times)

rjw57

• Recent member
Volume Set to Zero on Song Change
« on: October 30, 2011, 04:07:43 pm »

I just installed MC17 and decided to do a fresh installation of things since I just got a new computer.  I am playing audio from MC17 and pushing it to my AVR.  The problem is that when I play this way, as opposed to pulling audio to my AVR from the server on the computer, every song is initally set to zero volume.  If I reset the volume to a normal listening level at my AVR, the next song change sets it to zero again.  I can't help thinking that MC17 is sending a volume change command somehow.  Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Volume Set to Zero on Song Change
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 05:05:39 pm »

That's odd.  So you're using MC as a DLNA controller and your receiver is the DLNA renderer.

Click on the device where it shows up in MC under Playing Now.  Can you control the volume while a track is playing?

What is the AVR?

rjw57

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 07:15:02 pm »

Your description is spot on.  I have an Integra DTR-40.2 which is acting as my renderer.  I tried to control the volume and the funny thing is that AS SOON as I touch the volume control, the volume uis immediately set to "Volume Min" according to the Integra display.  Very odd indeed.  I tried to use MC16 and the same thing can be repeated.  The fact that the volume control seems to be sending the signal to minimize the volume is curious.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 07:51:48 pm »

I'll move this to the Media Network board.  Maybe Bob will have an idea.

rjw57

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 10:19:06 pm »

Got frustrated trying things and finally decided to reset the receiver.  All is well.  Not sure what has changed since I didn't (to the best of my knowledge) modify the settings from the original (MC unfriendly) ones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up