INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 17.0.85 -- Available Here  (Read 9070 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 17.0.85 -- Available Here
« on: February 09, 2012, 09:03:05 am »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170085.exe

17.0.85 (2/8/2012)

1. NEW: Theater View themes support showing different images depending on the root roller selection (put images in [Theme Folder]\Root\Audio, [Theme Folder]\Root\Movies, etc.).
2. Changed: The 'Don't ask me again' box when prompting about removing empty folders will save both a yes or no answer (previously by design it would only save a yes answer).
3. Changed: DLNA:Try to return a valid container ID for browsemetadata.
4. NEW: (Clear) QAM digital cable television support.
5. Fixed: Internal Volume was not being honored when doing level calibration with Room Correction.
6. Fixed: When going back a level in Theater View sometimes the focus could shift unexpectedly to the top roller.
7. Changed: Theater View themes use a faster fade when switching to a different set of images (but still the same fade time between images in a slideshow set).
8. Fixed: Browsing into a Netflix series entry in Theater View was not working properly.
9. Faster: Theater View online theme handling better caches searches to reduce web traffic / overhead.
10. Fixed: Changes to Netflix account information were lost if program crashed.
11. Changed: Volume mode, internal volume level, and Volume Protection are saved as they are changed instead of on shutdown so settings aren't lost if there's a crash.
12. Fixed: It was possible to use Send To to add tracks to a locked playlist.
13. Changed: Intel QuickSync is now supported for video acceleration for VC1, AVC, and MPEG-2 formats.

17.0.84 (2/7/2012)

1. Fixed: Manual TheMovieDB would show the URL to the poster and backdrop in the results.
2. Faster: Clicking between entries in Get Movie & TV Info no longer reloads the result from the server.
3. Fixed: The level of data in visualizations would be incorrectly reduced by Internal Volume.
4. NEW: Theater View animated lists support all the same typed-navigation functionality as standard lists (1: home, 0: end, 2-9: texting style, letters: as expected).
5. Fixed: With a Theater View sheet list, zooming into an item could result in the full resolution image being cropped to a square instead of shown with its native aspect ratio.
6. NEW: Added 'Timing' to subtitle right-click menu to allow adjusting when subtitles appear (changes saved per-file and applied on subsequent playback as well).
7. Fixed: DRM protected wmv files were not playing.
8. Fixed: DRM protected wma files could cause a crash during import or audio analysis.
9. Fixed: Selecting AVI format for the video conversion type for DLNA playback did not work.
10. Fixed: Some view header commands like locking of a playlist would not work as expected if the playlist was showing more than once on the screen (split views, Action Window, etc.).
11. Fixed: "Nova-DT DVB-T Tuner" television device did not work.
12. Changed: Theater View flow and wall lists use higher quality textures for the unselected items.
13. Changed: Theater View animated lists use mip-mapping to improve the visual quality when zooming, moving, etc. (you can configure AA and AF in Options > General > Video Card).
14. Fixed: The Editor field was not usable for images as reported in the build 83 change log.
15. Fixed: Possible crash while switching between views in Theater View.
16. NEW: When customizing Media Network views, the 'All' item can be enabled or disabled per view.
17. NEW: Revised the default Media Network (DLNA, Gizmo, etc.) views to work more like Theater View (it's recommended but optional that you use Options > Media Network > Customize views > Reset to get the new defaults).

17.0.83 (2/6/2012)

1. Fixed: OGG import could crash.
2. Changed: ID3v2 tag reading doesn't treat / as a delimiter in ID3v2.3, but instead uses NULL as the delimiter for reading and writing in ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4.
3. Changed: Room Correction can be used on the first 8 channels when outputting more than 8 channels of audio.
4. Changed: Internal volume is applied before DSP instead of last, so that limiting and clip protection are never applied unless actually required by the hardware.
5. Changed: Tuned the logarithmic scale used by internal volume (so 50% is -13.8dB instead of -10.2dB).
6. Changed: When building a filename from file information, only the primary / first artist or genre will be used from a list.
7. Fixed: Albums with lists of artist values could use the list instead of the primary artist for the 'Album Artist (auto)' field.
8. Changed: Updated the copyrights on the splash and about images to 2012.
9. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
10. Fixed: Theater View News and Weather would not appear when running in a language other than English.
11. Fixed: Downloading of video podcasts could report an error when moving the sidecar image file.
12. Fixed: Playback of AAC streaming radio could fail (or be very slow) to start.
13. Changed: Opened up the fields Author, Actors, Director, Editor, Episode, Series, and Series Description for use with audio (useful for audiobooks, Podcasts, etc.)
14. Changed: Opened up the field Editor, Series, Series Description, and Track # for use with images.
15. Changed: Opened up the field Track # for use with videos.
16. Changed: Using the search arrow in the Artist column on a file with a list of artists will search on the first artist instead of the combination of all the artists.
17. Changed: To search a view with the wizard, use Ctrl+Shift+F.  Ctrl+W / Ctrl+Q no longer do anything in the search box (since Ctrl+Q is a standard shortcut for closing a tab / program).
18. Fixed: When playing YouTube from Theater View, the playback bandwidth setting from Options > Services > YouTube was not being honored.
19. Changed: When a web media resource can not be played, it will show a playback error instead of showing an empty browser window.
20. Fixed: The finish in the installer would hang for 15 extra seconds when performing an automatic update from Update Channels.
21. Fixed: In some cases when the 'No subtitles' item was active, the OSD would not work for changing subtitles.
22. Fixed: If DLNA eventing was not working, the player could stick at a 'Waiting...' state.
23. NEW: Convolution automatically adjusts for filter latency for cases where a delay is baked into the filter files (still preserves intentional timing differences between channels).

17.0.82 (2/3/2012)

1. Fixed: Theater View could crash when deleting items.
2. Faster: Improved Theater View's UI update system (when playback advances, etc.) so that fewer updates happen and updates look smoother when they do happen.
3. Fixed: Searching in Theater View could crash with build 80 or 81.
4. Fixed: Hulu AdZone clips would not play properly.
5. Faster: Improved performance of DSD reading and decoding.
6. Fixed: Incorrect message displayed in 'Edit Cd Information' dialog.
7. Fixed: The uninstaller could error when finishing.
8. NEW: The search language supports putting a hat in front of a keyword to do word matching (so ^car matches "Car Blues" or "My Car Broke" but not "Carolina on My Mind").
9. Changed: Hat is an escaped character in the search language, so you must use /^ to search for a literal hat.

17.0.81 (2/2/2012)

1. Changed: Lots of tuning and fixes to the new Theater View list styles.
2. NEW: Theater View shows movie backdrops from TheMovieDB.
3. NEW: Animated lists show a caption (and bubbles for DVD / Bluray on the right).
4. Changed: The way network servers are broken down upon exit trying to fix hanging exit problems.
5. Changed: DLNA: BrowseMetaData was returning no parentID, now returns the root parentID. Could solve problems with some renderers when MC is the controller.
6. Fixed: DLNA, if a player zone was associated with a particular DLNA server and that server was deleted we didn't pick up the default (first DLNA server) to use with that zone. Now it defaults back to the first server and one can associate it with a new zone if desired.

17.0.80 (2/1/2012)

1. NEW: Added animated Theater View list styles 'Flow' and 'Sheet'.  Animated 3d lists can now be used in any view of Theater View.
2. NEW: Added support for Computer Audiophile playback scrobbling, called 'CA Scrobbles' (configure in Options > Services).
3. NEW: DVB-C television support.
4. Fixed: TV Configuration did not offer DVB-S as one of tuner types.
5. Changed: Added more logging in order to diagnose DVB-S scanning failure.
6. Fixed: TV channel scanning did not show a proper message when scanning failed.
7. Fixed: Some PSD files with certain format embedded thumbnails could cause a crash.
8. Fixed: During DVB-S channel scanning the satellite transponder file failed to open.

17.0.79 (1/30/2012)

1. Fixed: When 'Show playback zones from the server on the client' was unchecked in options, DLNA zones from the server were still shown.
2. Changed: Red October uses the latest LAV filters (v0.45). Support for Intel Indeo 4, MS Video 1, 8BPS, LOCO, ZMBV, VCR1, AASC, plus other new goodies and bug fixes.
3. Changed: Removed options for disabling tray icons for ffdshow and Haali filters since Red October removes the need for these.

SamuelMaki

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.85 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 09:11:20 am »

6. NEW: Added 'Timing' to subtitle right-click menu to allow adjusting when subtitles appear (changes saved per-file and applied on subsequent playback as well).

AMD Phemon II N930 Quad 2.0ghz, AMD Radeon HD 5650, 4GB RAM, Windows 8 RP x64

vairulez

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 11:32:41 am »

There is still a problem with "play" action that has disapeared in theaterview for all my tv-shows, i can only use "play all". Am I the only one seing this ?
HTPC : Dell workstation, windows 10, GT 1030, Lynx Two B
zone 1 : 2 Chevin Research Q6 + DIY speakers
zone 2 : Lake People G93 + HD650
zone 3 : 2 yamaha HS80M

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 11:43:36 am »

There is still a problem with "play" action that has disapeared in theaterview for all my tv-shows, i can only use "play all". Am I the only one seing this ?

All the play commands are available under 'More Play Options...'.  It remembers the modes you like (and keeps one type of play visible), so pick More Play Options > Play one time and it'll reset to look more like the default.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 12:03:02 pm »

;D

1. NEW: Theater View themes support showing different images depending on the root roller selection (put images in [Theme Folder]\Root\Audio, [Theme Folder]\Root\Movies, etc.).

This is working perfect, and it's very easy for others to put in there own backgrounds without editing the xml file.

On the first image you can see the image behind the menu stands out,
but as soon as I press an arrow on keyboard to get to the next item in the menu
the image gets unclear.

Fantastic it actually fixed that problem to.

There is just one bug, when I start Theater View it dosn't grab the image from the "Root Folder Theme"
not until I press arrow on keyboard or remote-control to go to another item on the menu-roller.

Thomas

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 01:02:53 pm »

This is working perfect, and it's very easy for others to put in there own backgrounds without editing the xml file.

Great.  Looking forward to the updated skin!

There is just one bug, when I start Theater View it dosn't grab the image from the "Root Folder Theme"
not until I press arrow on keyboard or remote-control to go to another item on the menu-roller.

Good find.  We'll get that next build.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 01:03:44 pm »

I just loaded .82 yesterday, and will wait a few more versions before updating 4 computers ;)

Having said that, I looked at the history and don't see anything about this being fixed. Granted, it may never have been reported before.

If you exit MC (accidentally) during a move, the dialog box says "saving tag changes" but it isn't, nor does it disappear. You can't start up MC again either - it keeps saying it's still running even though it is nowhere to be found in Task Manager.  Only solution is to reboot. Also, the database will not reflect the files that have indeed been moved before the exit.

I just did this twice in the last 10 minutes by accident, and in both cases 5 files had been moved and 6 or so had not. The database shows all files as still being in their original folders, but of course many are not. Requires a Update to point to the new location and then a Rename to move the others.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 08:33:33 pm »

Another thank you.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 10:41:26 pm »

If you exit MC (accidentally) during a move, the dialog box says "saving tag changes" but it isn't, nor does it disappear. You can't start up MC again either - it keeps saying it's still running even though it is nowhere to be found in Task Manager.  Only solution is to reboot. Also, the database will not reflect the files that have indeed been moved before the exit.

I just did this twice in the last 10 minutes by accident, and in both cases 5 files had been moved and 6 or so had not. The database shows all files as still being in their original folders, but of course many are not. Requires a Update to point to the new location and then a Rename to move the others.

Are you doing the type of move that's silent (and shows in the statusbar) or the type that pops up the Windows file movement dialog?

Thanks.

vairulez

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 12:46:43 am »

All the play commands are available under 'More Play Options...'.  It remembers the modes you like (and keeps one type of play visible), so pick More Play Options > Play one time and it'll reset to look more like the default.
thanks for your answer Matt, it works like a charm now
HTPC : Dell workstation, windows 10, GT 1030, Lynx Two B
zone 1 : 2 Chevin Research Q6 + DIY speakers
zone 2 : Lake People G93 + HD650
zone 3 : 2 yamaha HS80M

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 08:32:54 am »

Are you doing the type of move that's silent (and shows in the statusbar) or the type that pops up the Windows file movement dialog?

Thanks.

Sorry - I'm not sure what you are asking. I was doing it via the rename, copy, update dailog box.
When I accidentally quit, a small MC dialog box displays on the desktop saying that it's still updating the tags.
Does that answer?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 09:28:11 am »

When I select an album and use "Locate on Disk, External" MC is taking me to:

C:\Users\User Name\

rather than the actual location of:
C:\Users\User Name\Music\Artist\Album

This album was moved to it's location using "Rename Files From Properties" in MC 17.0.85, yet MC can't seem to locate it on the drive (local drive)

Also, as seen below in my System Information, Media Center is misreading my RAM and CPU.
MC's System Info shows only 4GB on a Pentium III, yet Windows properly reports all 8GB of installed RAM,
and CPU as CORE i5-2410M.
I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Workstation 6.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Intel Pentium III 2294 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 4194 MB, Free - 2642 MB

Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.7601 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.1.7601 / Shell32.dll: 6.1.7601 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: MATSHITADVD-RAM UJ8A2ES   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 100
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8A2ES    Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices: E:\,F:\

Interface Plugins:
  TiVo Server
  Sleep Timer (Active)
. . . the game is rigged

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 09:31:51 am »

@AoXoMoXoA: Darn. That's not good. I just upgraded to .85 because I noticed that .83 wasn't moving many of the files I'd told it to move using Move, Rename, Copy. I'll pay particular attention to it, as it just loaded now.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 09:42:35 am »

When I select an album and use "Locate on Disk, External" MC is taking me to:

C:\Users\User Name\

rather than the actual location of:
C:\Users\User Name\Music\Artist\Album

This album was moved to it's location using "Rename Files From Properties" in MC 17.0.85, yet MC can't seem to locate it on the drive (local drive)

I can't reproduce this.

Is the Filename column correct?  Does the file play?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 09:53:14 am »

Sorry - I'm not sure what you are asking. I was doing it via the rename, copy, update dailog box.
When I accidentally quit, a small MC dialog box displays on the desktop saying that it's still updating the tags.
Does that answer?

If Media Center is moving or tagging, it'll show in the statusbar.

If you close the program while that's happening, it'll popup a wait message as it works through the queue before it shuts down.

This is normal, and it could take a while depending on the number of changes, drive speed, etc.

Are you saying that it's stuck on something in the queue, or just that you didn't expect the popup?

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 10:04:28 am »

If Media Center is moving or tagging, it'll show in the statusbar.

If you close the program while that's happening, it'll popup a wait message as it works through the queue before it shuts down.

This is normal, and it could take a while depending on the number of changes, drive speed, etc.

Are you saying that it's stuck on something in the queue, or just that you didn't expect the popup?

I got the popup on both occasions and expected it as I've seen it before.
But that's where it gets stuck.  On both occasions it said it still had 7 files to tag. There were small txt files being moved to and fro my laptop (just different folders). The first time it happened I waited a good 5 minutes. I've never seen MC take that long especially for such a small number of files so I knew something was up. That's when I tried to kill it to no avail. Rebooted and made the same darn mistake not 5 minutes later. Again with the popup and again showing 7 files left to tag. And again I had to reboot.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 10:22:23 am »

I can't reproduce this.

Is the Filename column correct?  Does the file play?

The file plays and the file name and path show correctly inside MC.

Using 'Locate File (inside MC)' works properly, but 'Locate File (external)' produces the results described earlier.

I also tried MC16 and got the same results, so it must be the files and not a bug in the build.

Regarding the other issue I posted about MC's System Information report, both MC16 & MC17 report the same erroneous information regarding Total RAM  and CPU type.
. . . the game is rigged

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 10:32:15 am »

The file plays and the file name and path show correctly inside MC.

Using 'Locate File (inside MC)' works properly, but 'Locate File (external)' produces the results described earlier.

I also tried MC16 and got the same results, so it must be the files and not a bug in the build.

Perhaps there are special characters in the path that don't come through nicely on the command line when launching Explorer?

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2012, 10:45:11 am »

I've been doing a bunch of moves in the past few minutes with .85 using Rename, Move & Copy and all is good so far.  Perhaps MC gets confused when you have to undo something. Yesterday I moved (but perhaps udpate database to point to new file) files and saw that there were still in the source folder I did a few 'undo's, and had to do a few "update database" to point back to the original folder in order to try the move again. Some of the moves worked, some didn't. Whatever it was I haven't reproduced it yet. I'll update if I see it happen again.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 06:19:46 pm »

Whenever I paste an image as cover art in a document a jpg gets created now (never used to).
Deleting the jpg seems to have no effect on the covert.
Why is this being created? I just end up having to delete it.

Also to note then when the document file is moved using Rename, Move or Copy, the jpg doesn't go with it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 07:30:02 pm »

cmbe,
Your problem was split to a new thread.

RGEGuitar

• Recent member
  • Another Hard Days Night. Well, not really!
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2012, 12:56:18 am »

Lost the use of the Internal vol control on this version.  Usually use Internal around @20%, but switched to "Disable Vol" once for a listen, and now Internal (or System Vol) will not come back up.   

"Bo, you don't know Diddley!"

rhgh

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 01:21:22 pm »

MC 17.0.83

when i disable "update tags when file info changes"
the "F5" is not working, and i can't find it at the menu bar

i change a lot of files, in the library the change is asumed - but not in the files id3tags.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2012, 01:53:38 pm »

Here's a strange one.

I'm doing this with video files (wmv) and my names have a "/" in them as in 1/3, 2/3, 3/3 indicating part 1 of 3, etc.
I'm not sure if both these requirements are necessary to reproduce.

Select 10 files and rename them all with the same name using F2.
Select the first 3 files and given them a new name using F2 (same name for all 3 files).
Repeat for the next 3 files.
Repeat again for the next 3.

At one point you should see all of the 10 files take on one of the last names you have just given.

========================

Here is exactly what I did, step-by-step, with my files (to help reproduce):

I have about 4 copies of each of these files (the show kept taping, always adding a -0 or -1 at the end of the filename or they have a different date).

\\LIZZY\workshop (W)\Workshop Shows\The Router Workshop (44)-(The Secretary Bookcase)-2005-12-30-0.wmv
\\LIZZY\workshop (W)\Workshop Shows\The Router Workshop (24)-(The Secretary Desk Case)-2005-08-06-0.wmv
\\LIZZY\workshop (W)\Workshop Shows\The Router Workshop (34)-(The Secretary Drawer and Cubbyholes)-2005-09-29-0.wmv
\\LIZZY\workshop (W)\Workshop Shows\The Router Workshop (14)-(The Secretary Table)-2005-07-30-1.wmv

1. Select all 16 files and rename as Secretary

2. Select the first 3 files (all instances of The Router Workshop (44)-(The Secretary Bookcase)-2005-12-30-0.wmv),
    F2 and name them Secretary 4/4 Bookcase.

3. Select the next 4 files (all instances of The Router Workshop (24)-(The Secretary Desk Case)-2005-08-06-0.wmv)
    F2 and name them Secretary 2/4 Desk Case

4. Select the next 4 files (all instances of The Router Workshop (34)-(The Secretary Drawer and Cubbyholes)-2005-09-29-0.wmv)
    F2 and name them Secretary 3/4 drawer and cubbyholes

Notice that I've only renamed 11 of the 16.
At this point all 16 files get renamed Secretery 3/4 drawer and cubbyholes which was my last rename value, EVEN the files below that I haven't renamed since the original rename to Secretary.

If I do a an UNDO, all 16 files revert to Secretary.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2012, 02:37:10 pm »

MC shouldn't be allowing / as a rename character, since it is a reserved character in file names.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2012, 03:28:21 pm »

I think my issue may have been stack related.

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
MKV Video Playback Broken
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 01:32:06 am »

mkv video playback stutters badly in 17.0.85, mkv video plays perfectly in 17.0.83.

Using Intel HD3000 graphics (quick sync), mkv's compressed with h.264 using Handbrake.

Hardware acceleration is on, stuttering is worse with it off.

Also reported here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69933.msg471359#msg471359

minolotus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2012, 02:41:40 pm »

I think that there is a minor bug in the options for the theatre view.

I added a custom library field to a library item but forgot to set the grouping option. So I went back with “edit” but the check-box for grouping was grayed out and couldn’t be enabled.

I removed the item and added it again and there in the “add” input mask I could select the grouping option to true. (I rechecked this in the “edit” input mask and the check-box was still enabled but again grayed out).

I think that this behaviour depends on the data type of the library item added. The problem only occurs with decimal fields but not with the others.

My MC version is 17.0.85

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012, 04:05:29 pm »

2. Changed: The 'Don't ask me again' box when prompting about removing empty folders will save both a yes or no answer (previously by design it would only save a yes answer).

Presently this question only appears when MC17 is closed, it then shows up on the primary monitor not the extended monitor.  In my setup the primary monitor is not switched on!

Could we please have the questions asked after the last file in the folder is deleted, rather than when MC17 is closed?
The Future is Remote!

Leeuwerik

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 03:23:34 pm »

No Sample rate / Bitdepth  conversion (DSP Studio) with Handheld Sync.

Handheld sync configuration

Audio
- Mode: Always Convert
- Encoder: FLAC Encoder
- Apply DSP: Checked
- DSP Settings (DSP Studio)
-- Output Format: checked
-- Sample Rate: all output set to 44,100 Hz
-- Bit Depth: 16-bit

When I sync the handheld with a 24 bit/88,2kHz FLAC file, conversion is started. The bitdepth and Sample rate of the converted (stacked) file are equal to the source file. The bitdepth and sample rate tags of the converted file have no value. The bitrate tags and file sizes have equal values.

Erik

Skogkatt

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 08:56:24 am »

Options > Stop: Fadeout (slow/normal/fast) and "play silence after stop"
don't work after 17.0.75 which is the last one (I have) that behaves correctly.

Both functions do not work no matter what output mode is selected (tried them all) except for disc writer that shows the fadeout on a graphic editor but
isn't a real time player mode.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 10:21:34 am »

When using "Get Movie & TV Data" for a TV show, MC searches a conglomerated show name such as:
"CSI NY S08E13 The Ripple Effect S8E13"

This returns "No Results Found" until I edit it to read: "CSI NY S08E13" at which point I get the proper return of data.

Since the second example is the actual file name, why does MC add the additional characters causing the "No Results Found"? It does this with every series and episode I try.

Can this be corrected?
. . . the game is rigged

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 11:20:13 am »

When using "Get Movie & TV Data" for a TV show, MC searches a conglomerated show name such as:
"CSI NY S08E13 The Ripple Effect S8E13"

This returns "No Results Found" until I edit it to read: "CSI NY S08E13" at which point I get the proper return of data.

It sounds like you have the episode name in the 'Series' field.  Is that possible?

If this happens systematically, please start a new thread with example filenames that get miscategorized.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 11:27:17 am »

It sounds like you have the episode name in the 'Series' field.  Is that possible?

Yes this is the case, however I did not put it there, MC did!  I imported the file with only a filename, yet the 'Series' tag shows:  "CSI NY S08E13 The Ripple Effect". I assume MC created this on import.
. . . the game is rigged
Pages: [1]   Go Up