INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 17.0.98 -- Available Here  (Read 2607 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 17.0.98 -- Available Here
« on: March 01, 2012, 01:01:32 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170098.exe

17.0.98 (3/1/2012)

1. Fixed: The remote control plugin was not included in build 97, leading to problems.
2. Fixed: Filename truncation could still unnecessarily truncate long fields.

17.0.97 (2/29/2012)

1. Fixed: DVB-S channel scan could produce wrong polarization value ("Linear Horizontal" was set to "Not Defined").
2. Changed: Revised how filenames that are too long for the file system are truncated (previously truncation could be too aggressive).
3. Fixed: The program could crash when the remote control feature was disabled.
4. Fixed: DVB-T/S/C channel scanning could crash in some cases.
5. Fixed: Stopping image playback while audio playback was in progress could cause a crash in build 96.

17.0.96 (2/28/2012)

1. Changed: Updated to madVR v0.81 with Red October HQ.
2. Changed: Gathering playback state and position information for a zone occurs in a background thread so a slow DLNA device or server can not cause user interface issues.
3. Faster: The threaded approach to display information updating allows running updates one tenth as much while providing smoother visual position incrementing.
4. Fixed: URL-based video playback was not working since build 94.
5. Changed: Kernel Streaming output no longer writes partial packets if there's a shortfall or at the end of a track but instead delivers a full packet with some silence (some drivers blue screen on partial packets).
6. Fixed: DVB-S channel scanning did not save modulation type value correctly.
7. Fixed: Theater View > Playing Now > Info could show the wrong track when first entering.
8. Changed: Video conversion for Gizmo / WebGizmo uses MP3 instead of AAC (works better with Android 4.0, maybe others).
9. NEW: Video conversion tool using Red October available on right-click menu (Library Tools/Convert Format).  The UI is mostly finished, the transcode profiles are not fully defined and may not give expected results. More to come.
10. Fixed: After deleting files from Playing Now, the selection could unexpectedly revert to the playing track.
11. Changed: Renamed Options > Media Network > Client Options > to 'Automatically sync changes made on client back to server' to 'Auto sync with server'.
12. Fixed: DVB-T/S/C channel scanning could crash in some cases.
13. Changed: Theater View sheet list style adapts the image aspect ratio like other lists (instead of always using squares).
14. Fixed: A few bugs in the DLNA renderer.
15. Changed: Added Media_Duration to GetMediaInfo for the DLNA renderer.

17.0.95 (2/24/2012)

1. Changed: Updated LAV filters to .48 which fixes a crash with native DXVA2 on hardware that doesn't support decoding all formats.
2. Changed: IIR based DSP effects like low-pass, high-pass, Linkwitz, etc. better handle denormals (numbers very close to zero) so performance slowdowns don't arise from these numbers.
3. Changed: Tuned timing used when switching madVR between Display View and Theater View to (hopefully) fix black-screen hangs.
4. Changed: Updated the RSS feed for Theater View Yahoo! News to point to a new RSS feed that works (Yahoo! still offers the old feed, but it's full of broken links).
5. Fixed: Sometimes when deleting files, especially from Theater View, the remove empty folders prompt would not appear right away.
6. Fixed: Toggling the new DSP option 'Process independently of internal volume' could cause a burst of sound if the internal volume was low.
7. Fixed: Tempo & Pitch DSP did not flush fully, so on seek, etc. a little tail could be heard in some cases.
8. Changed: The text output in the Export Playlist tool creates standard CSV output (RFC 4180 compliant).
9. Fixed: Channel editing tool did not work for DVB-C/S and QAM tuner types.
10. Changed: Removed Output Format option for sources that have an incorrectly mastered subwoofer, use -10dB to the subwoofer in Parametric Equalizer instead if needed (discussed here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=70303.0).
11. NEW: Add DLNA controller switch to ignore transport events (use polling mode) to the Player Zone.

17.0.94 (2/23/2012)

1. Fixed: WASAPI output mode could lose lip-sync when seeking in video.
2. Faster: Pruning of the Theater View background cache could cause exiting Theater View to be slow (pruning is now around 50x faster and only done once a week).
3. Fixed: LAV Source/Splitter filter would allow viewing configuration pages which is not valid for auto-configured Red October filters and in fact shows the config for a separately installed instance.
4. Changed: Theater View News works better when an article fails to load (like the current Yahoo! failures due to a Yahoo! server problem).
5. Fixed: Volume Protection could engage and turn the volume down on subsequent videos when playing videos back to back.
6. Faster: The HTML parser used by Theater View news is about 10x faster.
7. NEW: Each DSP effect can be set to be processed independently of internal volume (Options button at top right of DSP).
8. NEW: DSP effects can be set to process only when viewed, which is useful for visualization style items like Analyzer (Options button at top right of DSP).
9. Changed: Tuning to some wording in DSP Studio.
10. Changed: DSP Studio keeps 'Output Format' first and 'Volume Leveling' second.  A message explaining this is shown if a user attempts to put other effects before these effects.
11. NEW: Added a second Parametric Equalizer to DSP Studio so it's possible to apply effects on either side of Room Correction, convolution, etc.
12. Changed: One-time reset of DSP effect ordering due to other changes.
13. Fixed: DLNA controller function was assuming it was in control whenever a zone was selected leading to badness if we were only viewing a zone someone else was controlling.
14. Changed: DLNA controller polls for playing state if it thinks it's playing but the position isn't updating from 0. This fixes trouble if an event is missed.
15. Turkey: Moved the search box to the lower-left of the Options dialog as discussed here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69921.0.

17.0.93 (2/21/2012)

1. Changed: Added support for reading the lens name from XMP.
2. Changed: Improved the HTML parsing engine used in Theater View > News to works better with BBC, possibly others.
3. Changed: Tweaked the list of reasons in the uninstall dialog.
4. NEW: Added The Verge to Theater View News.

17.0.92 (2/21/2012)

1. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
2. Changed: MCWS functions that return a decimal will always use . as the decimal character (unless the value is designed to be displayed to a user like VolumeDisplay, etc.).
3. Changed: Revised how image playback creates hardware accelerated devices to fix stalls before drawing the image on some machines.
4. Fixed: Switching between 3d and regular Theater View lists could cause the number of thumbnails in a row to change.
5. Changed: Minor tuning to thumbnail sizing in Theater View to make a 1080p display more likely to show 3 rows for movies.
6. Fixed: VideoClock was not engaging in some cases so there could be frame repeats / frame drops.
7. Changed: VideoClock will allow up to a 1% clock drift to achieve a perfect 2.5 video to refresh rate multiplier (used for 24 Hz video on 60 Hz display).
8. Changed: Real Media video files (.rm,.rmvb,.rv,.smil) are now played through Red October rather than using the Real Media engine (which wasn't working anyhow).
9. Fixed: DVB-S channel scanning could get channels with wrong frequencies or multiple entries of the same channel with different frequencies.
10. NEW: Added a subtitle mode (Options > Video) that shows a sidecar when it's found, regardless of other settings. (mode: Show subtitles only if selected subtitle language is different from audio language, or if subtitles are in a sidecar file)
11. NEW: Added default field 'Lens'.  Filled automatically from the EXIF tag with Canon cameras.
12. Fixed: Downloading from Library Server for transfer to a handheld might time out if conversion was custom MP3 and audio file was very large (~2 hours).

17.0.91 (2/20/2012)

1. Fixed: Television channel scanning did not work for the last couple of builds.
2. Fixed: Ctrl+F would not select existing text in the search box.
3. Changed: Default sorting for television shows will use Series\Season\Episode\Name instead of just Name.
4. Changed: Empty sort rules in a view or parent view could cause problems when setting the sort to (Default).
5. Fixed: Installing a build manually clears any queued auto-updates.
6. Changed: Updated LAV filters to .47 with DXVA Native mode support and other goodies.
7. Fixed: Library server and DLNA audio conversions to mp3 were not working.
8. NEW: Added DLNA controller function which can change tracks gaplessly. Requires that the renderer supports SetNextAVTransportURI. Works nicely with MC's renderer. Needs testing with other renderers whether they have the function or not (look for breakage on renderers that don't support it).

17.0.90 (2/16/2012)

1. Fixed: The OSD window would only draw one line of text in some cases (hopefully fixed, please let us know).

17.0.89 (2/15/2012)

1. NEW: Added the HDTracks store including download and search (Services & Plug-ins in the tree).
2. Changed: Added extra logging for TV recording.
3. Changed: Revised escapement of non-printable characters in XML to work with more XML parsers.
4. Fixed: Relative paths that moved up multiple paths with ../.. were not handled properly in some cases.
5. Faster: Internal Volume uses SSE when it's available for around 20% - 30% faster volume processing.
6. Changed: Reduced wait time for DVB and QAM channel scanning.
7. Changed: Added a wait when switching user interface modes while madVR is in use to help with full screen exclusive causing Theater View creation problems.

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.98 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 02:59:59 pm »

5. Changed: Kernel Streaming output no longer writes partial packets if there's a shortfall or at the end of a track but instead delivers a full packet with some silence (some drivers blue screen on partial packets).

Since build 0.96 something is horribly wrong with the sound of Blu-ray disc playback(though not music playback via my harddrive) via Kernel Streaming. The sound stutters/is "infected" by drop-outs -- to varying degrees depending on the disc played, but it's always a present problem -- whereas via WASAPI Event Style it's all clear sailing. I prefer Kernel Streaming, for reasons I'll not get into here, and therefore find this "developement" very regrettable.

I presume quoted 0.96 "Change" above must have something to do with this...

EDIT: Just reinstalled build 0.95 to be sure, and the Blu-ray sound plays just fine via Kernel Streaming here.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 07:37:53 pm »

Since build 0.96 something is horribly wrong with the sound of Blu-ray disc playback(though not music playback via my harddrive) via Kernel Streaming. The sound stutters/is "infected" by drop-outs -- to varying degrees depending on the disc played, but it's always a present problem -- whereas via WASAPI Event Style it's all clear sailing. I prefer Kernel Streaming, for reasons I'll not get into here, and therefore find this "developement" very regrettable.

I presume quoted 0.96 "Change" above must have something to do with this...

EDIT: Just reinstalled build 0.95 to be sure, and the Blu-ray sound plays just fine via Kernel Streaming here.

Please try adjusting the buffering in Options > Audio > Output mode settings...

I'm wondering if a large value there is causing the problem.

We may need to make partial packet delivery optional, but it would help to hear if adjusting the buffer helps.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cmbe

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 01:26:42 am »

"6. Fixed: VideoClock was not engaging in some cases so there could be frame repeats / frame drops.
7. Changed: VideoClock will allow up to a 1% clock drift to achieve a perfect 2.5 video to refresh rate multiplier (used for 24 Hz video on 60 Hz display).
10. NEW: Added a subtitle mode (Options > Video) that shows a sidecar when it's found, regardless of other settings. (mode: Show subtitles only if selected subtitle language is different from audio language, or if subtitles are in a sidecar file)"

Hi,

Just to say thanks. It works like a charm  ;D

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 02:36:26 am »

Please try adjusting the buffering in Options > Audio > Output mode settings...

I'm wondering if a large value there is causing the problem.

We may need to make partial packet delivery optional, but it would help to hear if adjusting the buffer helps.

Thanks.

Matt,

I've tried and adjusted the buffering values when this occured, but to no positive effect - on the contrary; buffers were set to lowest values already, and I actually thought that was the problem, but increasing buffering only worsened the problem.

I'd very much appreciate making the "partial packet delivery" optional!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 11:46:59 am »

Matt,

I've tried and adjusted the buffering values when this occured, but to no positive effect - on the contrary; buffers were set to lowest values already, and I actually thought that was the problem, but increasing buffering only worsened the problem.

I'd very much appreciate making the "partial packet delivery" optional!

Please try this build and let us know if it solves the problems (I think it will):
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170099.exe

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 12:43:40 pm »

Please try this build and let us know if it solves the problems (I think it will):
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170099.exe

Thanks.

Thank you very much, Matt - I'll try it out once home from work :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up