INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 17.0.140 -- Available Here  (Read 5556 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
JRiver Media Center 17.0.140 -- Available Here
« on: April 27, 2012, 07:50:19 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: [ Build pulled because of Library Server problem -- http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=71819.msg485496#msg485496 ]

17.0.140 (4/27/2012)

1. NEW: Added Tag Pasting feature (Ctrl+Shift+V).
2. Fixed: Audio seeking with Ctrl+Left/Right was using too large of a jump size.
3. Fixed: If a JPEG failed a lossless rotation, it could cause a crash.

17.0.139 (4/27/2012)

1. Fixed: MCWS was not properly handling hexified URL parameter names (only hexified URL parameter values).
2. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks, Johnny B).
3. Fixed: The 'Format' tag in the Action Window could show an error.
4. Fixed: Library Server sync could cause problems in certain cases (only applies to the last few builds).
5. Faster: Improved the performance of Library Server sync.
6. Changed: The 'Supported Formats' list for a handheld didn't clean the list until after a restart, so entering extra spaces, etc. could still cause troubles.
7. Changed: Tuned the safety valve on allowing ASIO hardware resets to stop playback if more than 5 resets occur in 5 seconds.
8. Changed: When audio playback buffers, like after a seek, the user interface won't switch to "Buffering xx%" unless buffering lasts at least 250ms.
9. Faster: Seeking audio playback with keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+Left / Ctrl+Right updates the user interface immediately (previously there was a little delay before changes showed).

17.0.138 (4/26/2012)

1. Changed: DSP 'Effects' surround enhancement had a typo in the description.
2. Changed: Pane tagging using drag-n-drop is only possible when pane tagging is enabled (F4) (a drop shows the same pane tagging confirmation that clicking checkboxes in the panes shows when pane tagging is disabled).
3. Faster: Action Window > Tag > Image could be slow when used with large views.
4. Changed: Updated LAV filters to .50.2.  Fixed deadlock on dynamic format changes with DXVA2 native. Added YV24 support. Numerous other bug fixes and performance tweaks.
5. Fixed: Handheld upload could crash when first starting conversions.
6. NEW: Added more database fields to the DLNA metadata.
7. Fixed: MPC tagging was failing with the last few builds.
8. Changed: Added a Hebrew keyboard to Theater View (thanks to guy.yakobovitch).

17.0.137 (4/26/2012)

1. NEW: MC tries to resolve conflict of some hybrid television tuners - e.g. if the device is being used for digital television channel, MC will not try to use it for analog channel, and vice versa.
2. Changed: Tuned the safety valve on allowing ASIO hardware resets to stop playback if more than 5 resets occur in 20 seconds (previously only allowed one reset each 30 seconds).
3. Fixed: Remote zones would not update their name when the server / device changed its name (user-customized names will still be possible, but will have to be manually reentered one time).
4. Fixed: If panes were set to filter in both directions, something was selected, then 'Reset Selection' clicked, then the same thing selected, the list wouldn't update properly.
5. Fixed: DLNA zones could cause a hang.
6. Changed: Tagging by dropping on a pane value is only possible when Pane Tagging (F4) is enabled.

17.0.136 (4/25/2012)

1. Fixed: When printing multiple almost full page images, the image would be centered on the first page and top-left aligned on subsequent pages.
2. Changed: When in-place editing in a list when the values vary, the first value will be placed in the edit control instead of [Varies].
3. Fixed: Editing list-type fields that used a standard (non-list) edit mode would cause the values in the selection set to not appear at the top of the combobox (applies to Artist, Genre, etc. since they are now list fields).
4. NEW: Subtitle timing can be adjusted from the OSD when subtitles are on (use up/down/left/right while playing).
5. Fixed: Right-clicking in the empty area to the right of all the columns in a list would not work properly.
6. Changed: Expression variables used with Load(...) and Save(...) are global, and valid for the run of the program.
7. Fixed: Dealing with series images could be unnecessarily slow when a library used a lot of series-based relational fields.
8. Faster: Tweaked list filling to be faster for large lists.

17.0.135 (4/25/2012)

1. Fixed: A rare hang on track switch when two or more zones were switching at exactly the same time (most common with linked zones).
2. NEW: Added support for ASIO hardware reset requests (kAsioResetRequest), which is used by RME and possibly other hardware.

17.0.134 (4/24/2012)

1. Fixed: Glass based skins could allow a modal dialog to jump behind the view in some views.
2. Changed: Updated webgizmo html5 player.
3. Fixed: When downloading a component that showed progress, if the server didn't report a file size the progress could incorrectly show "2GB".
4. Fixed: Icons on messages boxes didn't look nice with skins that used an image for a dialog back.
5. Faster: Parsing / compiling large expressions is much faster (for example, Marko's 27,000 character thumbnail text expression takes 34ms to compile compared to 20800ms).
6. Faster: The expression compiler is smarter about inlining expressions so that it won't inline in cases where it could actually hurt performance.
7. Changed: Added Load(...) and Save(...) expression functions to allow using variables.
8. Changed: Improved error-handling in television recording.
9. Fixed: DLNA server. Correct spelling error for updateID variable. Was preventing PS3 and probably others from working properly. Broken in build 17.0.132
10. NEW: DLNA server. Make an educated guess of the container type for playlists, photo albums and audio albums. Solves sorting problem in PlugPlayer (and perhaps others).

17.0.133 (4/23/2012)

1. Changed: Expression inlining wouldn't inline an expression if the case in the expression didn't match the case of the expression field in the library.
2. Changed: An expression that doesn't properly close a function with a right parenthesis will report an error instead of evaluating (since the invalid expression will yield unexpected results if it gets inlined).
3. Changed: 'Get Movie & TV Info' allows lookup of files with a Media Sub Type of Trailer.
4. Fixed: A skin that used Glass could incorrectly keep a view showing when closing the program to Media Server mode.
5. Fixed: Skins that used Glass could have small artifacts on the left or right edge of text.
6. NEW: Added support for TV season images (use naming like: [Cover Art Folder]\Seasons\Seinfeld - Season 3.jpg).
7. Changed: Increased the probe size used to analyze if a WAV file contains DTS from 16kB to 256kB.
8. Changed: Carnac better understands TV episodes that use the naming like "S01E01 - Giotto.avi" (with no series).

17.0.132 (4/20/2012)

1. Changed: When a commercial skip file (EDL) calls for a skip at the start of playback, the skip is performed before starting playback so that it's faster / smoother.
2. Changed: Skins that used frame transparency (glass) could show an empty sheet of glass instead of a black screen when first starting video playback fullscreen.
3. Changed: Tuned how video playback responds to video size change notifications to (hopefully) fix cases of a black screen showing when starting playback.
4. Fixed: Particles could be corrupted when used with Library Server sync.
5. Fixed: MC repeatedly ran an unnecessary timer when doing a scheduled recording of an analog television channel.
6. Fixed: The detailed tag dump for FLAC files was not working for a couple builds.
7. Fixed: DLNA updateID for DLNA server content directory.

17.0.131 (4/19/2012)

1. NEW: Skins can use transparency in the background of the edit, combobox, and search control.
2. Fixed: 2D visualizations were not working in the last few builds.
3. Faster: Visualizations are better managed by the framework so that they're loaded and unloaded less often, and their window is not created just to query for modes.
4. Fixed: Stopping or deleting a playing video that had changed the display resolution / refresh rate while in Theater View could lead to Theater View no longer drawing.
5. Fixed: Mouse selection of DVD Menu buttons didn't work right when "Window / Crop edges" was selected from the right-click menu.
6. Fixed: When grouping on a decimal field like FPS, numbers that varied by less than 0.01 could cause the same value to appear in multiple groupings.
7. Changed: The search engine considers numbers within 0.01 of a value to be a match (so [FPS]=29.97 returns 29.969, 29.973, etc.).
8. Changed: The 'Rename, Move, & Copy Files' dialog will show <invalid change> and do nothing if some rule attempts to output a path that isn't rooted.
9. Fixed: ICY metadata was not being read nicely (and could even cause audible clicks) from some online radio stations.
10. Changed: Allow book-marking across library server/client for all video types rather than just JTV.
11. Fixed: Cover art in the cover art folder was not being found for optical discs or ISOs.
12. Fixed: If a combobox contained text that wasn't in the droplist, opening and closing the drop list would switch the text to the first item in the list.
13. Changed: When in-place-editing multiple files with varying values, [Varies] will be shown like already done in the Tag Action Window.
14. Changed: Library Server sync includes television guide records, stacks, and particles.

17.0.130 (4/18/2012)

1. Fixed: Setting the day or month field on a file with en empty date could fail.
2. Changed: TheTVDB lookup was not putting the original air date into the date field for television episodes.
3. Fixed: MCWS would double unescape URL parameters, making it impossible to use a literal & or ?.
4. Changed: Merged the APE tagging code for APE, MPC, and WV (should be an internal change, but please report any issues).
5. Fixed: DVD playback to Android or from play particles did not work well - video image would often break-up and pixellate.
6. Changed: Updated WebGizmo to better size to the full browser for video playback (thanks Scolex).

17.0.129 (4/17/2012)

1. NEW: Added support for JPEG files that use a CMYK color space.
2. Faster: Reworked how strings are handled with the translation engine to be several times faster (helps performance in many areas, even when running in English).
3. Faster: Revised import and input plugins to use a faster string passing system.
4. Fixed: The option to move the center speaker to the front L/R speakers was not working properly when downmixing.

leoric

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.140 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 04:48:02 am »

Please see attachment.

justsomeguy

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 08:17:03 pm »

I'm having problems with DLNA in this version as well. But this is using one MC17 as the server and the another as the client. It will freeze for 30 seconds then give an error saying "Something went wrong with playback"

locust

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 07:57:02 am »

6. NEW: Added support for TV season images (use naming like: [Cover Art Folder]\Seasons\Seinfeld - Season 3.jpg).

Working well but doesn't seem to filter through to Theatre View, is this deliberate and will be coming later to theatre view??

Edit:

Sorry this is working under a normal Series/Season setup..

I don't use a normal setup because I use expressions for my seasons it isn't pulling the season art

I have
Series - TVInfo(SeriesDisplay)
Season - if(isequal([!Drive.calc],Z,1),[Season] [HardDrive],[Season])  ([HardDrive] isn't a field it is just a marker to tell me that if a tv show is on the hard drive, this way I can see what is on my external hard drive without clicking play and getting an error)

Any chance you could change theatre view to allow expressions like these to still work with season cover art??

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 08:13:55 am »

Any chance you could change theatre view to allow expressions like these to still work with season cover art??

That's reasonable, but pretty hard technically.

For now, you'll have to use a simple 'Season' category if you want season artwork.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 09:24:52 am »

The stack tag error also changed the "date imported" tags on some of my albums, so my recently imported views have been compromised.

locust

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 10:18:05 am »

That's reasonable, but pretty hard technically.

For now, you'll have to use a simple 'Season' category if you want season artwork.

Thanks Matt, I'll revert back to the normal system, I understand it may be difficult but I do hope sometime in the future..

In the meantime I think I'll just make two separate Tv show views with the normal setup and use rules for file display to separate items in external media..

rick.ca

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 05:00:54 pm »

In the meantime I think I'll just make two separate Tv show views with the normal setup and use rules for file display to separate items in external media.

Or just modify your offline season covers... 8)

locust

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 05:31:30 pm »

Or just modify your offline season covers... 8)

Good idea, although a little time consuming, would be cool if mc could automatically overlay offline text if it cannot find the necessary files

billg

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 02:45:11 pm »

I also have a problem with this release. My media player (PS Audio PWD network dac) keeps gettting dropped and I have to restart MC and wait a few minutes to get it back. I find the releases vary on this, some are much better at keeping the player available.  Im convinced it's not my network etc it's very consistent with a given MC release, some releases are good at this and others are bad. Any idea why this occurs?

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 06:08:43 am »

for v133... could you please allow padding of the season number for the season coverart naming convention.  thanks 

edbro

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 09:17:33 am »

17.0.140 just showed up on MajorGeeks.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up