INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If you use Library Server and Sync Changes, there is a problem after build 130  (Read 2150 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

The Sync Changes feature is broken for builds above 130.  It can cause files to be removed from the library.  Please turn off Sync Changes.  (Sync Changes requires using a login and password.)

If you discover a problem, you can restore a backup.  File/Library/Restore.  MC makes them automatically.

The problem began about April 20.

We apologize for any problems caused.

JimH

• Administrator

If you experience this problem, you might wait for the next build.  No files are lost.

The problem has to do with the "stack" attributes of files becoming corrupt, so that some files appear to be stacked but shouldn't be.

If you're using a build after 130 with Library Server, please turn off Library Sync.

glynor

• MC Beta Team

Quick question, Jim...

Is turning off Options -> Media Network -> Client Options -> Auto sync with server on the server itself enough to prevent problems, or do we have to do the same on each client copy?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team

Quick question, Jim...

Is turning off Options -> Media Network -> Client Options -> Auto sync with server on the server itself enough to prevent problems, or do we have to do the same on each client copy?

(I'm not Jim... but..) I'm pretty sure the client options only apply to the client, so they have to be set on the client.

JimH

• Administrator

We believe this is fixed in 17.0.144.  It is now available.

wig

• MC Beta Team

How can we tell if files were removed? Will they be listed with the other files removed from the database (~d=r) ?

JimH

• Administrator

You wouldn't see them in the database.  This problem may be limited to users who use stacks or particles and edit them.

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen

This problem may be limited to users who use stacks or particles and edit them.
FWIW, When I re-imported I noticed that all stacked audio had been removed from my library. I have not made any edits to any of these albums in at least a few months (apart from play counts on some, but not all, of them.) I do not currently have any stacked video or images in my library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up