INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Complete Theater View Caption Example  (Read 14037 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Complete Theater View Caption Example
« on: September 26, 2012, 02:20:18 am »

I decided to take on the task of creating a full Theater View caption alternative for those that do not want to spend hours on this them self, pulling out their hair in frustration along the way.
I hope that more of you will have use of this. I'm sure that there are ways to make this code simpler, or more compact. Suggestions of improvement are allways welcome.

NB! This caption ratings require you to have build 50 or above for it to work correctly. IF you still have problems with the rating stars not being presented correctly, please report it here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74674.0

I've created caption for the following Media:
Movie - Icons for watched and not fully watched, Name tag and differentiate between completely seen or not with white gray text colors (relies on Number Plays and bookmark position above or under 90% watched). Critics Rating shown with 5 star/half star range in green.
TV Show - Icons for watched and not fully watched, gray Season and Episode tags, Name tag that differentiate between completely seen or not with white gray text colors (relies on Number Plays and bookmark position above or under 90% watched). Critics Rating shown with 5 star/half star range in green.
Music Video - Simple Name tag with [Rating] converted to green stars.
Trailer - Icons for watched and not fully watched, Name tag and differentiating between seen or not with white gray text colors (only relies on Number Plays. Not bookmarks).
Audio - [Name] by [Artist] with [Rating] converted to green stars
Other - Other Media Types and Sub Types like Other, Karaoke and Short simply uses the normal [Name] tag.

Images have been left out, because it's currently disabled for some reason.
To take advantage of media like Music Videos and Trailers, you'll probably need to create some views to make it viewable.
There are ways to automatically download trailers to MC. Take a look here if you're interested: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=71027.msg481035#msg481035

Example pictures added as attachments below.

Prerequisites
Create a custom library field: Option -> Library & folders -> Manage Library Fields
- Add New Field
- Call it "Critic Rating Stars"
- Click the "Calculated Data" radio button
- Copy the code below, and paste it into the Expression field

Custom "Critic Rating Stars" expression:
Code: [Select]
ifelse( isrange([Critic Rating],0.0-2.9),☆, isrange([Critic Rating],3.0-3.9),★, isrange([Critic Rating],4.0-4.9),★☆, isrange([Critic Rating],5.0-5.9),★★, isrange([Critic Rating],6.0-6.4),★★☆, isrange([Critic Rating],6.5-6.9),★★★, isrange([Critic Rating],7.0-7.4),★★★☆, isrange([Critic Rating],7.5-7.9),★★★★, isrange([Critic Rating],8.0-8.9),★★★★☆, isrange([Critic Rating],9.0-10),★★★★★)
Caption Example
Change the default caption: Options - Theater View - Advanced - File Caption
if(!isempty([Web Media Info]), [Name], IfElse(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Movie), IfElse(!isempty([Number Plays]), if(Math(!formatnumber([Bookmark]) | above(formatnumber([Bookmark]) / [Duration,0], 900)), <font color="C3FFB3">√ <font color="888888">, <font color="FF6E6E"> ! <//font>))[Name] <font color="C3FFB3">[Critic Rating Stars], IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Music Video), [Name] <font color="C3FFB3">/ IfElse((isequal([rating],1,2),★, isequal([rating],2,2),★★, isequal([rating],3,2),★★★, isequal([rating],4,2),★★★★, isequal([rating],5,2),★★★★★), IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show), If(!isempty([Number Plays]), if(Math(!formatnumber([Bookmark]) | above(formatnumber([Bookmark]) / [Duration,0], 900)), <font color="C3FFB3">√ <//font><font color="888888">S[Season]EPadNumber([Episode], 2) [Name] <font color=" C3FFB3"> [Critic Rating Stars]<//font>, <font color="FF6E6E"> ! <//font><font color="888888">S[Season]EPadNumber([Episode], 2)<//font> [Name] <font color=" C3FFB3"> [Critic Rating Stars]), <font color="888888">S[Season]EPadNumber([Episode], 2)<//font> [Name] <font color="C3FFB3"> [Critic Rating Stars]), IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Trailer), If(!isempty([Number plays]), <font color="C3FFB3">√ <font color="888888"> [Name], [Name]), IsEqual([Media Type], Audio),[Name] <font color="888888">by<//font> [Artist] <font color="C3FFB3">ifelse(isequal([rating],1,2),★, isequal([rating],2,2),★★, isequal([rating],3,2),★★★,isequal([rating],4,2),★★★★,isequal([rating],5,2),★★★★★)<//font>,[Name], 1, [Name]))Comment: This caption will change the caption for: Movies, TV Shows, Trailers, Music Videos and Audio. It will add Watched/Not Watched icons and text color changes, Season/Episode text and ratings based on Critic Rating and Rating. It leaves out web media from the caption, only applying the [Name] tag.

How the Ratings system currently work
0.0-2.9   ☆
3.0-3.9   ★
4.0-4.9    ★☆
5.0-5.9    ★★
6.0-6.4    ★★☆
6.5-6.9    ★★★
7.0-7.4    ★★★☆
7.5-8.0   ★★★★
8.0-8.9   ★★★★☆
9.0-10     ★★★★★

Empty stars should be read as half stars.

Thanks to MrC for all the help! And thanks to Rick,ca, MrC, Xtacbyme, bartman and others for great examples and ideas.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

MrHaugen

Re: Caption creation - Examples and help
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 02:21:59 am »

My first question is regarding graphical representation of ratings using text stars. I've seen examples such as this one: Name] ifelse(isequal([rating],1,2),★, isequal([rating],2,2),★★, isequal([rating],3,2),★★★, isequal([rating],4,2),★★★★,isequal([rating],5,2),★★★★★)

The problem is that the stars disappear the moment I copy and paste them into the caption field or textpad/notepad. Does this have something with the font being used perhaps? Or do I need to use some kind of code for the stars to be presented the right way?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 03:43:43 am »

What font are you using?  Try Segoi UI.

The Black Star character is Unicode number 2605.  You can use Character Map to see which fonts support this character.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 04:13:41 am »

Hmmm. I tried to copy those stars directly to the Caption option now, and it worked. This is on my PC at work. I'm wondering if the new build did the trick? There was something about fonts not getting saved in previous builds, and my computer at home where it did not work used build 48 or 49. Or is it possible that it's some differences between the font types in windows that can do a difference? I have not changed anything from standard I think, but I can't know for sure...

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 08:38:44 am »

This is what I have so far. This obviously needs to be woven into one single line of code, but I've kept it separate for now to reduce complexity. See the attached screen-shots for an idea of how it will look.

Movies
Name is gray when it's watched. I need to add a check for the % watched here instead of Number Plays, to be sure the whole thing is actually watched. Work in progress. There's added ratings that depends on the Automatic Scraper tags "Critic Rating". It's the rating from themoviedb. Empty star means half star rating. I've weighted the rating such that the lowest numbers are grouped in bigger chunks, and once you reach a level that is normally seen as an "decent" movie (rating 7+), the granularity is increased. This means that you can find decent movies down to 3 star ratings, but anything below will probably be bad.
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Movie), If(IsEqual([Number Plays], ),[Name] ,<font color="888888">[Name] ) <//font>,[Name] )<font color="FFD987"> ifelse(isrange([Critic Rating],0.0-2.9),☆, isrange([Critic Rating],3.0-4.9),★, isrange([Critic Rating],5.0-5.9),★☆, isrange([Critic Rating],6.0-6.9),★★, isrange([Critic Rating],7.0-7.4),★★☆,isrange([Critic Rating],7.5-7.9),★★★,isrange([Critic Rating],8.0-8.4),★★★☆,isrange([Critic Rating],8.5-8.9),★★★★,isrange([Critic Rating],9.0-9.4),★★★★☆,isrange([Critic Rating],9.5-10),★★★★★ )<//font>
TV Shows
Series uses the same Watched/Not watched indicator with gray items if they are watched. It uses the same rating system, with Critic ratings from tvdb. It presents Season and Episode numbers before the name of the Episode.
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show), If(IsEqual([Number Plays], ), <font color="888888">S[Season]E[Episode] - [Name] <//font>, S[Season]E[Episode] - [Name] ), S[Season]E[Episode] - [Name] ) <font color="FFD987"> ifelse(isrange([Critic Rating],0.0-2.9),☆, isrange([Critic Rating],3.0-4.9),★, isrange([Critic Rating],5.0-5.9),★☆, isrange([Critic Rating],6.0-6.9),★★, isrange([Critic Rating],7.0-7.4),★★☆,isrange([Critic Rating],7.5-7.9),★★★,isrange([Critic Rating],8.0-8.4),★★★☆,isrange([Critic Rating],8.5-8.9),★★★★,isrange([Critic Rating],9.0-9.4),★★★★☆,isrange([Critic Rating],9.5-10),★★★★★ )<//font>
Audio
Music is presented with Name and Artist. The artist tag is especially useful when browsing various artist albums. It also shows the Rating field.
[Name] <font color="888888">by<//font> [Artist] <font color="FFD987">ifelse(isequal([rating],1,2),★, isequal([rating],2,2),★★, isequal([rating],3,2),★★★,isequal([rating],4,2),★★★★,isequal([rating],5,2),★★★★★ ) <//font>
This almost makes my head hurt, even though this is pretty straight forward for a geek... There are several additions needed though. Especially images is something that I'm missing. I do not have much photos, and I have none in MC. So, please throw in your suggestions for images and other stuff! Other Media Sub types that need more than the Name tag have to be considered.

Attached is a few images of how those examples can look.

MrC

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 11:04:02 am »

Hmmm. I tried to copy those stars directly to the Caption option now, and it worked. This is on my PC at work. I'm wondering if the new build did the trick?

An issue with special font chars was just fixed in a recent version.

MrHaugen

Re: Theater View Caption Examples (help needed)
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 12:49:39 pm »

I noticed that. It works well on my computer at work. But i only get rectangles instead of stars in the caption field in MC. Before I updated to the latest build, it was just empty spaces instead. This is the same for both my server and client at home. My home server shows the correct characters after a updating to the latest build, but my client (library server client) is still acting strange, and only shows rectangles. Copying those  back from MC caption options gives me this: ★★★☆

What's wrong with my client? Could it still be a problem with fonts in MC?

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 01:37:58 pm »

My first question is regarding graphical representation of ratings using text stars. I've seen examples such as this one: Name] ifelse(isequal([rating],1,2),★, isequal([rating],2,2),★★, isequal([rating],3,2),★★★, isequal([rating],4,2),★★★★,isequal([rating],5,2),★★★★★)

The problem is that the stars disappear the moment I copy and paste them into the caption field or textpad/notepad. Does this have something with the font being used perhaps? Or do I need to use some kind of code for the stars to be presented the right way?

For me text stars, working only in Media Center build 45.

I reported here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74505.0

MrHaugen

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 04:42:54 pm »

I've added a Watched, Not Watched and Not Finished indicator to the Movie and TV Show caption, as well as some number padding to the episode to make it look better in lists. Caption is Gray when it's watched, white when it's not watched, and gold when you have not finished it. Something else than gold might be good to separate rating from text? But I don't like to much colors either... I think I'll have to tweak the rating values a bit. It looked a bit odd. At least for some movies.

If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Movie),If(!isempty([Number Plays]),if(Compare(Math([Bookmark] / 1000 / [Duration,0]), >, 0.90) | isempty([Bookmark]),<font color="888888">[Name], <font color="FFD987">[Name] ),[Name] ) <font color="FFD987">ifelse(isrange([Critic Rating],0.0-2.9),☆, isrange([Critic Rating],3.0-4.9),★, isrange([Critic Rating],5.0-5.9),★☆, isrange([Critic Rating],6.0-6.9),★★, isrange([Critic Rating],7.0-7.4),★★☆,isrange([Critic Rating],7.5-7.9),★★★,isrange([Critic Rating],8.0-8.4),★★★☆,isrange([Critic Rating],8.5-8.9),★★★★,isrange([Critic Rating],9.0-9.4),★★★★☆,isrange([Critic Rating],9.5-10),★★★★★),[Name])
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show), If(!isempty([Number Plays]),if(Compare(Math([Bookmark] / 1000 / [Duration,0]), >, 0.90) | isempty([Bookmark]),<font color="888888">S[Season]EPadNumber([Episode], 2) - [Name], <font color="FFD987">S[Season]EPadNumber([Episode], 2) - [Name] ), S[Season]EPadNumber([Episode], 2) - [Name]  ) <font color="FFD987"> ifelse(isrange([Critic Rating],0.0-2.9),☆, isrange([Critic Rating],3.0-4.9),★, isrange([Critic Rating],5.0-5.9),★☆, isrange([Critic Rating],6.0-6.9),★★, isrange([Critic Rating],7.0-7.4),★★☆,isrange([Critic Rating],7.5-7.9),★★★,isrange([Critic Rating],8.0-8.4),★★★☆,isrange([Critic Rating],8.5-8.9),★★★★,isrange([Critic Rating],9.0-9.4),★★★★☆,isrange([Critic Rating],9.5-10),★★★★★ ),[Name])
Someone that have some ideas as to what other Media Sub Types that need better captions? Please, bring it on!
I'll add Music videos tomorrow. Images is also on my to do list, but I'm not sure what tags are important to add here.

MrC

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 08:37:58 pm »

Suggestion:

Make a user expression field called Critic Rating Stars, which is:

ifelse( isrange([Critic Rating],0.0-2.9),☆, isrange([Critic Rating],3.0-4.9),★, isrange([Critic Rating],5.0-5.9),★☆, isrange([Critic Rating],6.0-6.9),★★, isrange([Critic Rating],7.0-7.4),★★☆, isrange([Critic Rating],7.5-7.9),★★★, isrange([Critic Rating],8.0-8.4),★★★☆, isrange([Critic Rating],8.5-8.9),★★★★, isrange([Critic Rating],9.0-9.4),★★★★☆, isrange([Critic Rating],9.5-10),★★★★★ )

and use [Critic Rating Stars] in your expressions above.

Then, you can more easily change the stars, or the expression, and your other expressions will gain this update automatically.

MrC

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 09:11:39 pm »

I don't think this portion:

Compare(Math([Bookmark] / 1000 / [Duration,0]), >, 0.90) | isempty([Bookmark])

works, as there is no | operator in the MC language.  Since you're calling Math() anyway, you can use its comparison function above().  Either of these works for all values of [Bookmark]:

Math(above([Bookmark] / 1000 / [Duration,0], 0.90))

Math(above([Bookmark] / 10 / [Duration,0], 90))

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 09:31:30 pm »

So to get display for "DTS 5.1" and "FLAC Stereo" I have the following 3 custom fields....

Audio Format

IfElse(IsEqual([Media Type], Audio),[My Audio Format] (IfElse(IsEqual([My Channels],7),6.1,IsEqual([My Channels],6),5.1,IsEqual([My Channels],2),Stereo,IsEqual([ My Channels],1),Mono))IfElse(IsEqual([Media Type], Video),[My Audio Format] (IfElse(IsEqual([My Channels],7),6.1,IsEqual([My Channels],6),5.1,IsEqual([My Channels],2),Stereo,IsEqual([ My Channels],1),Mono)))

My Audio Format
     Manually filled with DD, DTS, FLAC, M4A, MP3, WAV, WMA

I did try at automate the MY Audio Format with
 if(Regex([Compression], /#^(.+) : (.*)$#/), [R1], [My Audio Format])

My Channels
Usually a copy of [Channels] except for a few movies with more than 1 audio stream...

I am most positive there is cleaner code for the above....

Ken

If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

MrC

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 09:56:41 pm »

You can simplify your test of channels :

IfElse(IsEqual([My Channels],7),6.1,IsEqual([My Channels],6),5.1,IsEqual([My Channels],2),Stereo,IsEqual([ My Channels],1),Mono)

to :

listitem(|Mono|Stereo||||5.1|6.1, [My Channels], |)

Since [My Channels] is an integer which you've defined as being from 1 to 7, you can use its value as an index into a pre-defined list string.  Note that the 0, 3, 4, and 5 values are empty.  This technique makes it easy to add more values quickly.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 10:08:09 pm »

Very nice MrC.... very nice indeed..

Thanks,
Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

MrHaugen

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 04:15:31 am »

Thanks MrC! I'll do some corrections here. I knew there was something funky with the logical operators. Still having some problems though.

I tried with your suggestion and created this:
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Movie),If(!isempty([Number Plays]),if(Math(above([Bookmark] / 10 / [Duration,0], 90)),<font color="888888">[Name], <font color="FFD987">[Name] ),[Name] ) <font color="FFD987">[Critic Rating Stars],[Name] )
There's two problems here:
1. Movies with a Number Plays number and no bookmark will be marked as "not finished watching"
2. The check if bookmark has passed 90% does not work

MrHaugen

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 06:58:50 am »

Tried a new approach:
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Movie),If(!isempty([Number Plays]),If(!isempty([Bookmark]),If(Compare(Math([Bookmark] / 1000 / [Duration,0]), >, 0.90),<font color="888888">[Name] ,<font color="FFD987">[Name] ),<font color="888888">[Name] ),[Name] )<font color="FFD987">[Critic Rating Stars],[Name] )
The only problem now is that the length of the bookmark does not matter at all. Everything with a bookmark and a number in Number Plays will be marked as "Not finished watching".
I'm not sure if my test video clip duration has anything to do with this? The files on this PC is very small. Mostly from 5-30 seconds. Will have to try it on another PC later on.

*Edit*
Looks like it's working like it's supposed to on larger files.

MrC

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 01:01:53 pm »

Let's see if I understand your states:

Not Viewed           |Partially Viewed           |Fully Viewed
# Plays = 0 and
no Bookmark
0 < Bookmark < 90%# Plays > 0, or
# Plays = 0 and Bookmark > 90%

Are these correct?  And for which cases do you want to see Critic Ratings?

MrHaugen

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 02:15:59 pm »

Almost..

Not Viewed           |Partially Viewed           |Fully Viewed
#Plays="" and
Bookmarks =
what ever
#Plays > 0 and
BookMark < 90%
#Plays > 0 and
BookMark = ""
or
#Plays > 0 and
BookMark > 90%

My last code seems to do exactly what I want. It contains more IF sentences than I would like, but it does not matter. The critic ratings are supposed to be shown on all files, just for the symetry of it. In the end there will be some different ratings for different media. Critic Rating vs Rating as an example.

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 06:07:16 pm »

Thanks to everyone posting here. I've been meaning to get around to spicing up my captions, but I never really got around to it. Having all these excellent techniques in one place finally motivated me to fix mine up.

MrC

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 08:18:15 pm »

My last code seems to do exactly what I want. It contains more IF sentences than I would like, but it does not matter. The critic ratings are supposed to be shown on all files, just for the symetry of it. In the end there will be some different ratings for different media. Critic Rating vs Rating as an example.

Ok, I see where the error was.  Here's a slight different version w/out Compare() and the extra If().  Also, [Name] is pulled outside the inner If()'s so that it is not duplicated in the expression so much.  If this were the only expression, the final [Name] could also be reduced:

If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Movie),
   IfElse(!isempty([Number plays]),
      if(Math(!formatnumber([Bookmark]) | above(formatnumber([Bookmark]) / [Duration,0], 900)),
          <font color="888888">,
          <font color="FFD987">
      ))[Name]<font color="FFD987">[Critic Rating Stars],
   [Name]
)

MrHaugen

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 03:22:11 am »

Thanks. That worked well.

Now, over to images. What are the normal tags people want in a caption? I've looked through some phone photos, and the only useful default tags are perhaps Data, Album and Name?
I'm wondering if Data and Name would be best to use as caption? If you want to know the Album name, you'll probably gonna end up browsing by albums anyway?

MrHaugen

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 05:04:01 am »

I tried to create some caption for Image, but it fails no matter what I do. Even on a simple code like this:
If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image),[Date],[Name])

Even [Name] brings up no caption for images, what so ever. What's up with that?? Caption might not be most useful for images, but can it really be true that MC does not allow it for images??

locust

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 05:51:01 am »

I use this for the actual image display caption, not within theater view. but perhaps it may be incorporated.

First create a field called Days w-Suffix
Enter the following as the expression:
NA;1st;2nd;3rd;4th;5th;6th;7th;8th;9th;10th;11th;12th;13th;14th;15th;16th;17th;18th;19th;20th;21st;22nd;23rd;24th;25th;26th;27th;28th;29th;30th;31st

This works straight away as an image display caption but will probably need tweaked for theater view.
if(isempty(formatdate([date,0],dddd)),,formatdate([date,0],dddd)) if(isempty(formatdate([date,0],d)),,listitem([Days w-Suffix], formatdate([date,0],d), ;)) if(isempty(formatdate([date,0],MMMM)),,formatdate([date,0],MMMM)) if(isempty(formatdate([date,0],YYYY)),,formatdate([date,0],yyyy))

The full caption is a little more complex, as I have a field called {Flag: Picture} which allows an entry to be made called Actual Date Not Recorded. This is for my pre-digital photos where I have no idea of the date only a rough estimate. The reason for this is because in MC, if I just enter a year for the photo it defaults to the first of January so this helps me circumvent that. A little messy I could use some ideasa on how to improve it.

if(isequal([{Flag: Picture}],Actual Date Not Recorded,8),if(isempty([Year]),,[Year]),if(isempty(formatdate([date,0],dddd)),,formatdate([date,0],dddd)) if(isempty(formatdate([date,0],d)),,listitem([Days w-Suffix], formatdate([date,0],d), ;)) if(isempty(formatdate([date,0],MMMM)),,formatdate([date,0],MMMM)) if(isempty(formatdate([date,0],YYYY)),,formatdate([date,0],yyyy)))
if(isempty([events]),,
[events])if(isempty([events]),if(isempty([places]),,
[places]
),if(isempty([places]),,/ in/ [places]))
if(isempty([people]),,replace([people],;,/ &)) - if(isempty([caption]),,
[caption])

MrHaugen

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 07:39:00 am »

I do not get it. What's wrong with my MC installation?? I can't get any caption in Theater View, no matter what I do.

Anyway.... I think I'm on to something with TV Show and Movies now. But I'm not certain what people find the most appealing. I'll give you a few examples here. Perhaps some of you have some suggestions for improvement. I've added the appropriate picture attachments for the examples.

All examples relay on this [Critic Raiting Stars] library field with the following expression (it's been adjusted a bit more to show more grannular differences in the 7-9 range):
ifelse( isrange([Critic Rating],0.0-2.9),☆, isrange([Critic Rating],3.0-3.9),★, isrange([Critic Rating],4.0-4.9),★☆, isrange([Critic Rating],5.0-5.9),★★, isrange([Critic Rating],6.0-6.4),★★☆, isrange([Critic Rating],6.5-6.9),★★★, isrange([Critic Rating],7.0-7.4),★★★☆, isrange([Critic Rating],7.5-7.9),★★★★, isrange([Critic Rating],8.0-8.9),★★★★☆, isrange([Critic Rating],9.0-10),★★★★★)
Movies2
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Movie), IfElse(!isempty([Number plays]), if(Math(!formatnumber([Bookmark]) | above(formatnumber([Bookmark]) / [Duration,0], 900)), <font color="888888">, <font color="FFE8B5">))[Name] <font color="FFE8B5">[Critic Rating Stars], [Name])This was the first one I created. With 3 different text colors to separate between watched, not watched as well as not finished watching. I do not think it looks that great with the third color for the "not finished watching" items. I like the icon approach beneath better..

Movies3
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Movie), IfElse(!isempty([Number plays]), if(Math(!formatnumber([Bookmark]) | above(formatnumber([Bookmark]) / [Duration,0], 900)), <font color="C3FFB3">√<font color="888888">, <font color="FF6E6E">! <//font>))[Name]<font color="FFE8B5"> [Critic Rating Stars], [Name])This gives you a √ and ! to indicate watched, and not fully watched, as well as a gray text if it's completely watched. You might say it's a bit redundant with √ as well as gray text to mark things as watched, but I like it :) Visual indicators often beats beats text. I think the stars could very well be the same green color as the √ character. But this is highly subjective anyway. No way we all will agree on one single color.

TVShow2
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show), <font color="888888">S[Season]EPadNumber([Episode], 2)<//font> IfElse(!isempty([Number plays]), if(Math(!formatnumber([Bookmark]) | above(formatnumber([Bookmark]) / [Duration,0], 900)), <font color="C3FFB3">√<font color="888888">, <font color="FF6E6E">! <//font>)) [Name]<font color="FFE8B5"> [Critic Rating Stars], [Name])Using the same system as above, but graying out the Season and Episode text, so it's not so in-your-face.

I've also created some Audio and Music video code. Once I get this image caption to work, I'll try to make it all work together in one single piece. Should not be that difficult.

locust

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 10:05:06 am »

If you go into options and search captions the select images in the tree, the image display caption will be there.

MrHaugen

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 11:41:56 am »

That is only for Standard View captions, is it not? I don't care for standard view at this point. Only theater view.
Either way, none of the caption fields produce ANY caption for Images in theater View. I do not know what's going on. Image support is active, images are imported, I have the image root view with child items. I'm out of ideas. Only thing I can think of is that Image captions for Theater View are disabled, or that this is a bug.

MrC

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 11:46:22 am »

First create a field called Days w-Suffix
Enter the following as the expression:
NA;1st;2nd;3rd;4th;5th;6th;7th;8th;9th;10th;11th;12th;13th;14th;15th;16th;17th;18th;19th;20th;21st;22nd;23rd;24th;25th;26th;27th;28th;29th;30th;31st

This is no longer necessary with the Dayordinal keyword in FormatDate().  See below.

This works straight away as an image display caption but will probably need tweaked for theater view.
if(isempty(formatdate([date,0],dddd)),,formatdate([date,0],dddd)) if(isempty(formatdate([date,0],d)),,listitem([Days w-Suffix], formatdate([date,0],d), ;)) if(isempty(formatdate([date,0],MMMM)),,formatdate([date,0],MMMM)) if(isempty(formatdate([date,0],YYYY)),,formatdate([date,0],yyyy))

I see no difference between the expression above, and the simpler version here:

formatdate([date,0], Dayname Dayordinal Month Year)

MrC

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2012, 01:04:29 pm »

Either way, none of the caption fields produce ANY caption for Images in theater View. I do not know what's going on. Image support is active, images are imported, I have the image root view with child items. I'm out of ideas. Only thing I can think of is that Image captions for Theater View are disabled, or that this is a bug.

See Matt's reponses in the beta thread "Re: Theater View "File Caption" for images?".

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 01:19:36 pm »

TVShow2
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show), <font color="888888">S[Season]EPadNumber([Episode], 2)<//font> IfElse(!isempty([Number plays]), if(Math(!formatnumber([Bookmark]) | above(formatnumber([Bookmark]) / [Duration,0], 900)), <font color="C3FFB3">√<font color="888888">, <font color="FF6E6E">! <//font>)) [Name]<font color="FFE8B5"> [Critic Rating Stars], [Name])Using the same system as above, but graying out the Season and Episode text, so it's not so in-your-face.

What am I doing wrong...I am new to JRiver, but when I put the above code, instead of getting the star image, I just get text that reads "[Critic Rating Stars]"...thanks for any help...

MrC

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2012, 01:21:14 pm »

What am I doing wrong...I am new to JRiver, but when I put the above code, instead of getting the star image, I just get text that reads "[Critic Rating Stars]"...thanks for any help...

See Reply #9 above.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2012, 01:24:19 pm »

thanks...not sure how I missed that...one question...where do I create a user expression...like I said...totally new to this, but love it!

MrHaugen

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2012, 01:28:44 pm »

See Matt's reponses in the beta thread "Re: Theater View "File Caption" for images?".
Will do!

thanks...not sure how I missed that...one question...where do I create a user expression...like I said...totally new to this, but love it!

Option - Library & folders - Manage Library Fields.
Add New Field - Call it "Critic Rating Stars" and click the "Calculated Data" radio button. Copy the code there.

Remember that these are just examples that will ONLY work well for one and one Media Sub Type. Other sub types will only show the [Name] tag. I'll give you a complete code for most of the normal media sub types within a few hours. If I don't mess it up.

See Reply #9 above.

I would use the first code in replay 23 instead. I've done some modifications to the rating range.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74635.msg506441#msg506441

MrHaugen

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2012, 02:37:22 pm »

I'm kind of stuck here. I'm trying to merge a lot of caption code. I could nest a whole lot of IF sentences here, and it would work like I want to. But it should be possible to write it much simpler, so that it is easier to edit. Perhaps you can help me out again MrC.

Here's two examples:
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Movie), IfElse(!isempty([Number plays]), if(Math(!formatnumber([Bookmark]) | above(formatnumber([Bookmark]) / [Duration,0], 900)), <font color="888888">, <font color="FFE8B5">))[Name] <font color="FFE8B5">[Critic Rating Stars], [Name])
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Music Video),[Name] <font color="FFE8B5">ifelse((isequal([rating],1,2),★, isequal([rating],2,2),★★, isequal([rating],3,2),★★★,isequal([rating],4,2),★★★★,isequal([rating],5,2),★★★★★),[Name])
I know could combine those like this:
If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Movie), IfElse(!isempty([Number plays]), if(Math(!formatnumber([Bookmark]) | above(formatnumber([Bookmark]) / [Duration,0], 900)), <font color="C3FFB3">√<font color="888888">, <font color="FF6E6E">! <//font>))[Name]<font color="C3FFB3"> [Critic Rating Stars], If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Music Video),[Name] <font color="C3FFB3">ifelse((isequal([rating],1,2),★, isequal([rating],2,2),★★, isequal([rating],3,2),★★★,isequal([rating],4,2),★★★★,isequal([rating],5,2),★★★★★),[Name]))
But when I add 7-8 different kinds, it will be a mess. I have tried to use IfElse for this. But there is some logic or combinations I just don't understand here.
I would like to do something like this (this code is not working. I've just written something close to illustrate what I would like to do):

ifElse(
{test1} IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Movie),
{action1} IfElse(!isempty([Number plays]), if(Math(!formatnumber([Bookmark]) | above(formatnumber([Bookmark]) / [Duration,0], 900)), <font color="888888">, <font color="FFE8B5">))[Name] <font color="FFE8B5">[Critic Rating Stars],
{test2} IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Music Video),
{action2} [Name] <font color="FFE8B5">ifelse((isequal([rating],1,2),★, isequal([rating],2,2),★★, isequal([rating],3,2),★★★,isequal([rating],4,2),★★★★,isequal([rating],5,2),★★★★★),[Name])
and so on...
)

MrC

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2012, 03:20:32 pm »

To convert your sequence If() statements, which all test Media Sub Type, into an IfElse chain, you take the current form:

if(test,true,false)

and convert it to:

ifelse(
      test,true,
      1, false
   )

When you have additional conditions, they turn into:

ifelse(
      test 1,true,
      test 2,true,
      1, false
   )

So, here's your result from the two examples:

IfElse(
   IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Movie),
      IfElse(!isempty([# plays]),
          if(Math(!formatnumber([Bookmark]) | above(formatnumber([Bookmark]) / [Duration,0], 900)),
              <font color="888888">,
              <font color="FFE8B5">))[Name] <font color="FFE8B5">[Critic Rating Stars],
    IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Music Video),
          [Name] <font color="FFE8B5">/
           ifelse((isequal([rating],1,2),★,
                       isequal([rating],2,2),★★,
                       isequal([rating],3,2),★★★,
                       isequal([rating],4,2),★★★★,
                       isequal([rating],5,2),★★★★★),
    1, [Name]
)

Note that I've marked the various tests in red.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2012, 04:02:58 pm »

I noticed that. It works well on my computer at work. But i only get rectangles instead of stars in the caption field in MC. Before I updated to the latest build, it was just empty spaces instead. This is the same for both my server and client at home. My home server shows the correct characters after a updating to the latest build, but my client (library server client) is still acting strange, and only shows rectangles. Copying those  back from MC caption options gives me this: ★★★☆

What's wrong with my client? Could it still be a problem with fonts in MC?

I had the same problem on my work computer, I had to change the font to "Segoe UI Symbol" to get it to work.

MrHaugen

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2012, 04:53:29 pm »

To convert your sequence If() statements, which all test Media Sub Type, into an IfElse chain, you take the current form:
Muchas gracias! I think I'll be able to patch it together now.

I had the same problem on my work computer, I had to change the font to "Segoe UI Symbol" to get it to work.

I've tried that. It was set to "Segoe UI". Changing it to "Segoe UI Symbol" or two dusin other fonts does not change the characters to the correct stars.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2012, 04:56:06 pm »

I've tried that. It was set to "Segoe UI". Changing it to "Segoe UI Symbol" or two dusin other fonts does not change the characters to the correct stars.

weird...it did for me.  it didn't show up in the options, but did in theater view.

MrHaugen

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2012, 05:39:08 pm »

I've merged all the caption codes now. It should work for all media. Check the first post for details.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74635.msg506134#msg506134

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
Re: Complete Theater View Caption - Example
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2012, 08:55:03 pm »

Going to have to steal some of this for my captions.  Only thing I don't think will work for me is the critic rating, but I love what you have going there. The big issue around critic data is that there doesn't seem to be any consistency in the rating scheme of the various sites that have for that data.  I am really partial to rotten tomatoes ratings that have both critic and audience data, and they are expressed from 0-100%.  Other sites do 1-10 and others do 1-5.

Currently I seem to have a mix of % for movies (example '84% Critic, 61% Audience'), and numeric ratings for TV shows.  I'm sure there is a way to rework the logic for that, but I really don't care about having the critic rating in the caption since it shows up in the description area.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2012, 12:11:55 am »

so this works for anything that I had prior to using jriver, but not on anything that I have recorded via TV...any idea why?

MrHaugen

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2012, 04:24:24 am »

so this works for anything that I had prior to using jriver, but not on anything that I have recorded via TV...any idea why?
I can add that. I only need to know what Media Sub Type that is used for Recorded video. I have no clue as it's been a long time since I've had a tuner that works with MC.

Going to have to steal some of this for my captions.  Only thing I don't think will work for me is the critic rating, but I love what you have going there. The big issue around critic data is that there doesn't seem to be any consistency in the rating scheme of the various sites that have for that data.  I am really partial to rotten tomatoes ratings that have both critic and audience data, and they are expressed from 0-100%.  Other sites do 1-10 and others do 1-5.

Currently I seem to have a mix of % for movies (example '84% Critic, 61% Audience'), and numeric ratings for TV shows.  I'm sure there is a way to rework the logic for that, but I really don't care about having the critic rating in the caption since it shows up in the description area.
That's a problem. Personally I only use theMovieDB  as a source. But on a short time, I will be looking at ways to incorporate other meta scraper sources like Personal Video Database. That will probably make it easier to get other critic ratings as well. I know I can do manual lookups from MC to get torren tomatoes rating, but anyting but automatic is a no-go in my book. And this code is created mainly as an option for those that use defualts in MC. Other things have to be adapted to their setup.

In any case, it would probably not be that difficult to change the caption to adapt to a rottentomato rating. You can play with that Critic Rating Star code.

MrHaugen

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2012, 10:46:14 am »

I never got an answer as to what recorded video are tagged as? Is it simply placed in the "Other" Media Sub Type? Are the Season and Episode tags set automatically if it's a TV Show? I need something to differentiate them from movies and other stuff to be able to create some meaningfull caption for it.

MrC

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2012, 11:46:55 am »

See Reply #43 in the beta thread "Wiki on TV - Problem with Theater View Episode Listing"

MrHaugen

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2012, 02:40:01 pm »

Oh. So, there is a hidden custom caption for recorded video, that we can not alter. Either need to remove the Recorded Date or just settle with it then. That's a shame. Luckily I never record, so I don't have this problem :P

locust

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2012, 04:04:53 pm »

This is no longer necessary with the Dayordinal keyword in FormatDate().  See below.

I see no difference between the expression above, and the simpler version here:

formatdate([date,0], Dayname Dayordinal Month Year)

Thanks MrC, very usefull

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2012, 09:14:47 pm »

any way to get this caption to NOT apply to netflix?  it messes with the netflix listing on TV series...

MrC

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2012, 12:04:49 am »

Testing that [Web Media Info] is not empty might be sufficient to indicate Netflix:

if(!isempty([Web Media Info]), NETFLIX [Name], [Name])

Edit:  Here it is added to MrHaugen's expression above:

if(!isempty([Web Media Info]), [Name], IfElse(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Movie), IfElse(!isempty([Number Plays]), if(Math(!formatnumber([Bookmark]) | above(formatnumber([Bookmark]) / [Duration,0], 900)), <font color="C3FFB3">√ <font color="888888">, <font color="FF6E6E">! <//font>))[Name] <font color="C3FFB3">[Critic Rating Stars], IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Music Video), [Name] <font color="C3FFB3">/ IfElse((isequal([rating],1,2),★, isequal([rating],2,2),★★, isequal([rating],3,2),★★★, isequal([rating],4,2),★★★★, isequal([rating],5,2),★★★★★), IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show), If(!isempty([Number Plays]), if(Math(!formatnumber([Bookmark]) | above(formatnumber([Bookmark]) / [Duration,0], 900)), <font color="C3FFB3">√ <//font><font color="888888">S[Season]EPadNumber([Episode], 2) [Name] <font color=" C3FFB3"> [Critic Rating Stars]<//font>, <font color="FF6E6E">! <//font><font color="888888">S[Season]EPadNumber([Episode], 2)<//font> [Name] <font color=" C3FFB3"> [Critic Rating Stars]), <font color="888888">S[Season]EPadNumber([Episode], 2)<//font> [Name] <font color="C3FFB3"> [Critic Rating Stars]), IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Trailer), If(!isempty([Number plays]), <font color="C3FFB3">√ <font color="888888"> [Name], [Name]), IsEqual([Media Type], Audio),[Name] <font color="888888">by<//font> [Artist] <font color="C3FFB3">ifelse(isequal([rating],1,2),★, isequal([rating],2,2),★★, isequal([rating],3,2),★★★,isequal([rating],4,2),★★★★,isequal([rating],5,2),★★★★★)<//font>,[Name], 1, [Name]))

Tested briefly only in Netflix, and not the other modes.

locust

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2012, 11:06:21 am »

How would I go about integrating IsRemovable(...) and IsMissing(...) to this caption?

Because some of my media is located on external hard drives that aren't switched on all the time.

It would be nice if the following logic could be incorporated

If
  Media is removable
  Check If is Missing
                          If is missing font colour=Red (Of a Symbol Could work well too)
                          If not Default font colour.

MrC

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2012, 02:13:47 pm »

How would I go about integrating IsRemovable(...) and IsMissing(...) to this caption?

Because some of my media is located on external hard drives that aren't switched on all the time.

It would be nice if the following logic could be incorporated

If
  Media is removable
  Check If is Missing
                          If is missing font colour=Red (Of a Symbol Could work well too)
                          If not Default font colour.

Do you still want the other (colored) embellishments if Removable & IsMissing, or just [Name] in red?

locust

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2012, 04:22:59 pm »

Either would be nice but whichever is easier to implement
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up