INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 18.0.129 -- Available Here  (Read 16601 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 18.0.129 -- Available Here
« on: February 06, 2013, 08:56:38 am »

This is the latest version of MC 18.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Please read this first.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180129.exe

History: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74442.0

18.0.129 (2/5/2013)

1. Fixed: Television recordings were not imported in the last few builds.
2. Fixed: Television channel scanning did not work in the last few builds.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
4. Fixed: A Windows "drive not found" box could appear in some cases.
5. Fixed: A library view that only showed a single file would lead to unexpected navigation results in Theater View.

18.0.128 (2/1/2013)

1. Fixed: The random number generator used for ASIO dither could behave as coherent instead of incoherent ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76912.msg528601#msg528601 ).
2. Faster: The ListCombine(...) and ListCount(...) expressions are much faster.
3. Fixed: Watch marks could show unexpectedly simply because a television recording was configured to start a few minutes before the show started.
4. Fixed: Deleting a file from Media Center and disk while the file was actively being converted by the Format Converter could lead to a crash (the results of doing this will still be undefined; do not delete the original files until after conversion).
5. Changed: Restored support for legacy APE file playback.

18.0.127 (1/31/2013)

1. Changed: Red October uses LAV filters version 0.55.2.
2. Changed: When using the IE web browser engine on Windows 8, compatibility mode was not disabled (causing many websites to render incorrectly, including JRiver).
3. Changed: When running a manual import, files previously determined to be bad will be reanalyzed.  This makes it easy to get something off the naughty list if it is there incorrectly.
4. Changed: Drag-n-drop of a file into Media Center that was marked as bad will try to reanalyze the file instead of showing a data record with no metadata.
5. Fixed: The vertical sliders in the Equalizer were responding to user input in a reversed direction.
6. Changed: Updated Chinese language file (thanks kelijun!).

18.0.126 (1/30/2013)

1. Changed: Improved The Onion support in Theater View > News.
2. NEW: Added ListSort(...) and ListClean(...) expressions.
3. Changed: Tuned how the Watched(...) expression and watch marks in Theater View work ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77602 ).
4. Changed: The IsRange(...) expression function will not consider a string value equivalent to zero when evaluating a numeric range (so IsRange(A, 0-9) will now return 0 instead of 1).
5. Fixed: The Car Radio bar did not work regenerate random smartlists with each click when they were assigned to a button.
6. Fixed: Holding down a Car Radio button could leave the button in a strange state.
7. Fixed: The Media Server tray icon menu would not appear in some cases.
8. Changed: Global expression variables stored with Save(...) can be accessed by using brackets (ie. "Save(It works!, v)[v]" will output "It works!").
9. Fixed: When returning to Theater View when it was zoomed into a single file, the cursor would not be in a reliable place.
10. NEW: Added ASIO option 'Device uses only most significant 24-bits (Lynx, etc.)'.  This combined with dithering provides a theoretical S/N improvement for devices where this is true.
11. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks to Johnny B).
12. NEW: Added an optional mode to ListCombine(...) expression function to allow outputting only values in common to both lists.

18.0.125 (1/28/2013)

1. Changed: Corrected translation errors in Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
2. Fixed: Empty directory detection was not working with the last couple builds.
3. Changed: LAV Video decoder is used by Red October for DVD decoding in more cases[ (should be an internal change, but please report any DVD issues, and include the OS you're using).
4. Changed: VideoClock works better with videos that start with an unknown frame rate or change frame rates during playback.
5. NEW: Added Options > Video > Display Settings > Wait after change (use if display changes slowly).
6. Fixed: Image playback and other video hardware accelerated views were not working on some older video hardware.
7. Changed: Renamed 'JRSS v2.0™ surround sound' to 'JRSS™ mixing' so that it's more clear it's used for both upmixing and downmixing.
8. NEW: The computer will not be allowed to sleep while serving media or ripping discs.

18.0.124 (1/25/2013)

1. Changed: When running in server mode (MC not visible), only respond to Green Button remote command.

Experimental testing build not released to the public.

18.0.122 (1/25/2013)

1. Fixed: Build problem in build 121.

18.0.121 (1/24/2013)

1. Changed: Changed default setting of "Tools / Options / Client Options (when connected to a library server) / Auto sync with server" to TRUE.
2. Fixed: In rare cases TV recordings could be imported as audio.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
4. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio SDK 4.11 (improves encoding and decoding speed by using SSE).
5. Changed: Use backup VIDEO_TS.BUP file if it exists and we're missing the VIDEO_TS.IFO file.
6. Fixed: TV Guide in Theater View was not showing programs in the future.
7. Changed: Search engine number and date range evaluation was not working as expected in some cases.
8. Changed: Updated to madVR v0.85.8.
9. Changed: Red October HQ, using madVR, now works nicely with Detached Display (thanks to madshi for adding the interface IMadVRSubclassReplacement to madVR).
10. Fixed: The default zone could appear to have its settings reset if no zones were ever created or destroyed (settings will be back with this build).
11. NEW: Updated Facebook image uploader to use the latest Facebook Graph APIs.
12. Fixed: The thumbnail size slider (and possibly others) were not working nicely with the keyboard and mouse wheel.

18.0.120 (1/22/2013)

1. Changed: Improved buffer management in the audio part of video playback so that it better adapts to lumpy decoding, lumpy DSP, and computer performance.
2. Fixed: DVD playback could stutter with the last couple builds.
3. Fixed: Some internet streams using wma format would not play reliably, or would play but crash on stop.  (e.g. streams from SiriusXMStreamer application).
4. Fixed: Ripping multiple movie discs (DVD/Blu-ray) would sometimes show outdated information from the previous disc in the rip progress action window.

Health Nut

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 18.0.129 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 09:23:54 pm »

I'm getting crashes somewhere from 2 minutes to 5 minutes into transfering APE Playlist with about 2500+ songs to a new 160 GB iPod classic.   I chose Apple lossless codec option.   I use 2 conversions, although I have a powerhouse of a computer.   Seems to crash randomly... can't get it to go more than about 10 minutes and then Media Center crashes...

Hmmm.  Even if I just use 'convert' to a folder on my desktop, same thing happens.  Apparently converting APE to Apple Lossless is the problem. 

kray

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 08:48:10 am »

The playback of single WAV, APE, FLAC with CUE file still DOES NOT function properly!  And this same problem has been reported by several users in the following threads recently:

Topic: JRiver Media Center 18.0.128 -- Available here
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77862.0
(Reply #7, #9, and #23)

Topic: single files/cue albums problem
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77923.0

Topic: Problems with DSD and cue sheets
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77932.0

Topic: Bug: 18.0.129 build - time counter stops after playing 1st track.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=78001.0

Since high quality music playback is such an essential function yet starting point of JRiver Media Center.  If the problem persists I'd be seriously considering switching to some other players available in the market.

ohyeah

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 03:23:56 pm »

Hey, I cannot read any DVD anymore, JR seems to believed there is another DVD in the reader and gives an error "cannot read the file"...

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 09:17:39 am »

EPG still seems to be wonky in this build (.129).  This morning I tried to turn on the news (Fox Channel 11 in LA) and there was no information in Theater View to be able to select it.  I changed to standard view and there was nothing for Channel 11.1. Therefore, I told it to re-download the program guide.  Once the info for my channel was loaded I could watch the news (was still in Standard View).  However the date of of the last download was 2/7/13 so it wasn't even 24 hours old.

BTW:  The time bar in the Guide across the top in Theater View is still not as good as it was in .112.
Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Software: JRiver MC 26.0.22, AnyDVD HD 8.4.4.0
Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 14.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 31)
Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds
Sub: Dual Rythmik Audio FV15HP
TV Tuner: HD HomeRun Prime

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 09:37:37 am »

Burning Data/MP3 Disc over Network not working.
Yesterday i tried to burn a MP3 disc from HTPC through library server with my laptop.
There were different files (mp3,flac)->transcoded to mp3.
Once MC hangs,while building the image (transcoding).
Second try,building image completed,but didn't start burning.Burning window appears,but nothing started...
Using Build 129.

Today i tried it with the latest MC 17 version .189.With exact the same files, same Hardware and operating systems (Win 7). (HTPC->Laptop).
Worked fine,no problem.There could be a bug in MC 18.

Edit:
Sorry,tried to burn a second CD.Same problem with MC 17.Seems to be my problem.
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

DMHolman

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 05:12:31 pm »

I just updated to this and my in video controls no longer work.  I can't bring up any controls when a video is playing either through the mouse (moving to edges does nothing), keyboard (I can't even ESCape out of the video) or my remote control.  The only way I can stop a video is to kill MC with task manager. 

What am I missing?

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 01:41:13 pm »

The playback of single WAV, APE, FLAC with CUE file still DOES NOT function properly!  And this same problem has been reported by several users in the following threads recently:

Topic: JRiver Media Center 18.0.128 -- Available here
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77862.0
(Reply #7, #9, and #23)

Topic: single files/cue albums problem
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77923.0

Topic: Problems with DSD and cue sheets
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77932.0

Topic: Bug: 18.0.129 build - time counter stops after playing 1st track.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=78001.0

Since high quality music playback is such an essential function yet starting point of JRiver Media Center.  If the problem persists I'd be seriously considering switching to some other players available in the market.

I tested and I experience this with single album files with both external CUE files and with internal embedded CUE sheets with 18.0.129.

My guess was that this bug was introduced with the Embedded Cue Sheet Support in 18.0.111 .

To test this, I then installed 18.0.106.

Interestingly the embedded CUE sheet information in the library that was produced by 18.0.129 was still usable by 18.0.106 .

And, indeed 18.0.106 does not have the problem.

This time I used an album that was familiar and the bug is this:

It plays the first track fine.

If you use NEXT button to move to the next track (before the track reaches the end, it works fine.

If MC18 goes to the next track automatically, then the progress/seek bar will not move, the elapsed time does not increment and the time remaining is set to an overly large time (this seems to be THE BUG).

When the time remaining reaches the Library Database value for the track duration, then the Elapsed Time and the Progress/Seek bar start working normally.

When the Time Remaining hits zero, MC18 goes to the next track ( even though the audio data for that track may have already been played ).

I'll bet a beer that fixing the Time Remaining fixes the problem.  8)

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 08:06:04 am »

18.0.129 - television recording to .ts file (Hauppauge HD PVR) do not work (at least for me). It had worked a few versions earlier.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 08:48:16 am »

Cover Art Get From Internet is broken when an album contains ":"

Putamayo Presents: French Cafe - not found
Putamayo Presents French Cafe - found

The colon is converted to an underscore (Putamayo Presents_ French Cafe). Could this be changed to just remove the colon and replace with no substitute character?

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 09:52:04 am »

EPG still seems to be wonky in this build (.129).  This morning I tried to turn on the news (Fox Channel 11 in LA) and there was no information in Theater View to be able to select it.  I changed to standard view and there was nothing for Channel 11.1. Therefore, I told it to re-download the program guide.  Once the info for my channel was loaded I could watch the news (was still in Standard View).  However the date of of the last download was 2/7/13 so it wasn't even 24 hours old.

BTW:  The time bar in the Guide across the top in Theater View is still not as good as it was in .112.

Ok, so I didn't see anyone respond to the EPG being wonky so I took some screen shots.  Today at 7:45 am PT  Theater View was showing 9:30 am and Standard View was showing the correct 7:30 am time slots. 

Any chance we can get this fixed in the next build.  Seems like a simple sync issue between the two views.

Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds

alder0

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 12:18:35 pm »

JRiver doesn't handle bluray discs or bluray folders properly (the spoken sound track is not detected).  As a result I use ArcSoft TotalMedia to play these files.  However, JRiver doesn't automatically offer TotalMedia as an option, even though TotalMedia is the default player for .bdmv files.  Furthermore, if I have ripped a bluray disc to a folder (using DVDFab, for instance), then although TotalMedia offers the option to play the Blue Ray Folder--which it does flawlessly without JRIver running--not only does JRiver not offer this option to play the entire folder (it doesn't even recognize the folder holding the bluray rip), but if I single out any .bdmv file in the folder,  although JRiver will start TotalMedia (having set TotalMedia as default for .bdmv files), it crashes the TotalMedia & screws up the computer display (NVidia dual screens). :(

globetrotters1

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 06:15:38 am »

The remote control (also the one JRiver sells...) ceases to work correctly after having started to watch a movie! No PAUSE/PLAY or STOP possible anymore and it is NOT a focus problem... it worked in MC17, but in MC18 it has the bug since the beginning

You promised to fix this bug around New Year... it cannot be THAT hard to find that bug

PLEASE!

Jong

pgruebele

• Recent member
WASAPI push audio corruption bug in 18.0.129
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 07:47:48 am »

18.0.106 through 18.0.129 has a bug in WASAPI push mode.  Audio gets corrupted even 4 or more seconds into a song unless "output mode settings"->"flush device buffers on startup" is checked.  This test is done and debugged with the NAIM/Audiophileo BitPerfect test capability.  It works under jrmc 17  (and jrmc 18 in wasapi event mode), but does not work under 18 in push mode with both the NAIM/Audiophilleo and microsoft driver and with crossfading and silence removal disabled, so I am 99% sure that this is a jrmc 18 bug which corrupts the audio stream.  I cannot say whether this is audible.  I can only say that the audio stream is modified in unexpected ways even 4+ seconds into the track.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 04:00:01 pm »

Just noticed that a few DVD rips in PAL land are still autoimporting as 29.97. Should be 25 fps

Old thread:
I've noticed recently that when I copy a DVD ripped in a folder structure (VOB files) that JRiver imports it, gets the metadata, but wrongly tags the FPS field as 29.97 instead of 25. I'm in PAL land, and the fps should be 25. If I check the VOB files they show a frame rate of 25.

If I import instead an mkv rip of the same, done through makemkv it imports and is correctly tagged as fps=24.

Anyone got any thoughts on this behaviour?

Mediacenter 17 is up to date on the stable channel.

SBR

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 01:21:04 pm »

rec head

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 01:47:03 pm »

I just had a crash after hitting "next" while playing an audio playlist in theater view. The blue circle had been spinning while the track was playing normally.

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 04:08:32 pm »

Ok, so I didn't see anyone respond to the EPG being wonky so I took some screen shots.  Today at 7:45 am PT  Theater View was showing 9:30 am and Standard View was showing the correct 7:30 am time slots. 

Any chance we can get this fixed in the next build.  Seems like a simple sync issue between the two views.

This happened again yesterday.  This time I shut down MC, restarted the computer and it MC still Theater View still showed the wrong time.  However, I did notice that it was 2 hours off just like last time.  So I'm wondering if some how MC is thinking my system is setup for Central Time vs Pacific Time.

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 07:46:36 pm »

The remote control (also the one JRiver sells...) ceases to work correctly after having started to watch a movie! No PAUSE/PLAY or STOP possible anymore and it is NOT a focus problem... [...]

I have the same problem, also with live tv. Most time it works just fine, but sometimes stop button doesn't work and esc/backspace key programmed on remote doesn't work either, so cannot back to theather view from display view, but I'm not sure if it is lost focus problem or not.

Transilium

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 12:40:43 am »

MC crash some times when i try change visualizations in full screen

HiFiTubes

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 11:27:22 am »

Files deleted from library and sent to the Recycle Bin are deleted from disk.

Are you seeing this?

HiFiTubes

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 12:05:48 pm »

Ending up with duplicate, correct files in my database. Had to manually remove large portions and re-import.

Saw this quite a bit. I believe these were all "Blues" files which I used MC Move function to move them into a new folder last month.

rec head

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 06:56:59 pm »

Several more crashes today. It happens when switching views or hitting next to skip a track listening to music in theater view.

Are there programs known to conflict with MC?

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 09:52:10 am »

I have to manually load the EPG twice a day in order to keep channel data from dropping off.  

Financisto

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 03:09:59 am »

When we can expect an update with sudden track change and time indicator issues? It's really annoying.. Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up