INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.25 -- Available Here -- Read before downloading  (Read 20699 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

This is the latest version of MC 19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

CAUTION -- This is an early build of MC19.  Please read what others say before downloading.  It may be less stable than MC18 for some time to come.  Back up your current MC library before installing.  Please use the Problems and Questions thread if you need help.

19.0.25 (8/12/2013)

1. NEW: Added support for user accounts that are stored with the library and allow each user to see only certain files (replaces Access Control feature).
2. NEW: Added a 'User' library field that can be set to any combination of users to limit the contents visibility to only those users (leave blank for content to show for all users).
3. SDK: The MC command MCC_BACKUP_LIBRARY (20011) will perform a silent automatic backup when passed "1" as the parameter.
4. Changed: The program will run the automatic library code periodically instead of only at program start (so that running the program for long periods won't stop automatic backups from happening).
5. Changed: Auto-import has separate options for analyzing audio for audio and video files.
6. NEW: User can choose a time for MC to load television EPG in background.
7. Changed: Server token authentication persists across a server restart so that an authenticated client won't be forced to reconnect if the server goes down and comes back up.  

19.0.24 (8/9/2013)

1. Fixed: The audio analyzer was not properly returning per-channel peaks.
2. NEW: JRSS downmixing uses per-channel peak levels from audio analysis when they're available to make a better determination about how much (if any) volume reduction is required to prevent clipping after the downmix.
3. Changed: The 'Volume Up' and 'Volume Down' roller items do not appear in Theater View when the volume is in disabled mode.
4. Changed: The error check during WPD camera acquisition makes sure the source and destination file sizes are within 2.5% instead of an exact match since some devices do not expose an exact file size (Android 4.3 in MTP mode).
5. Changed: Doing a Camera acquire shows a playlist 'Recently Acquired' that contains only images acquired in the last hour (like other recent playlists, it is automatically cleaned up after a few days).

19.0.23 (8/8/2013)

1. Fixed: When non-analyzable files were added to the analyzer, the program would dead-lock when showing the error dialog.
2. Changed: Added int(...), frac(...), round(...), and trunc(...) to the math evaluator (used in expressions, visualizations, etc.).
3. Changed: The math evaluator is double-precision (64-bit) instead of single-precision (32-bit) for floating point operations.
4. Changed: The option to not draw frames on image thumbnails is honored in grouped details lists (previously it was only honored in thumbnail lists).
5. Fixed: File creation could fail in build 19.0.22, causing several possible strange problems.

19.0.22 (8/8/2013)

1. Fixed: Importing of mp4 files that have copyright atom could cause MC to crash.
2. Changed: Vertical scrollbars are positioned inside the column header in a list instead of over it (allows a cleaner look with some skins and is logical since the column header doesn't scroll).
3. Fixed: MC could fail to load ID3 tag data in AIFF and WAVE files.
4. Fixed: MC did not write copyright tag to mp4 files.
5. Changed: MC will try reading copyright tag from a second location in mp4 files if the ISO-defined 'cprt' atom does not exist.
6. Changed: The list editing widget (used for editing keywords, etc.) puts the 'Add' box at the bottom and moves the instructions into the box for a cleaner alignment and less chance for the suggestions when adding to obscure the existing list.
7. Faster: File I/O adds a buffering layer that engages when small reads are performed so that underlying reads are never too small (a real world example where this helps is with FLAC playback over some types of wireless networks).

19.0.21 (8/7/2013)

1. Changed: The audio analyzer considers a file analyzed if it has a 'Volume Level (R128)' and 'Peak Level (R128)' value.
2. Faster: Analyzing files to decide what playback / decoding method to use is faster (makes opening the Analyze Audio dialog with lots of files faster).
3. Fixed: Files with a peak level of 0.0 dB could incorrectly be marked as needing analysis.
4. Changed: The standard ReplayGain volume level and peak level tags will not be written to tags if tagging is turned off for the corresponding MC fields 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' and 'Peak Level (Sample)'.

19.0.20 (8/5/2013)

1. Changed: Memory playback gracefully handles cases where memory allocation fails.
2. Changed: Added 'Peak Level (Sample)' field to report the peak level found in an actual sample value (doesn't account for inter-peak overs like R128 TruePeak).
3. Changed: Added 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' that will be filled from tags or an old MC library on import.
4. Changed: After analyzing a file, the 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' field and tag will be filled with a ReplayGain v2 value (which is the R128 level with a +5dB adjustment).
5. Changed: When a file has a 'Peak Level (Sample)' value and no 'Peak Level (R128)' value, the sample peak will be used (with 1.5dB extra headroom added to make it more similar to R128 True Peak).
6. Changed: When a file has a 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' value and no 'Volume Level (R128)' value, the ReplayGain value will be used with Volume Leveling (adjusted by -5dB to make it more similar to an R128 value).
7. Changed: Removed some unneeded COM initialization / uninitialization from Media Network server threads (might help with ole32.dll crashes during idle).

19.0.19 (8/2/2013)

1. Fixed: The RAW image decoding cache was not enabled for the last few builds.
2. Fixed: The 'Check for Updates' Action Window could use the wrong button width for the button (may also apply to other places where the button text changes dynamically).
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).

19.0.18 (8/1/2013)

1. Fixed: A few 3d visualizations were not working properly on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
2. Changed: Removed 3d text visualization (it's no longer possible to create a 3d mesh from text using the D3DX helper).

19.0.17 (7/31/2013)

1. Changed: When getting thumbnails JRWorker will test-load the image embedded in mp4 files, and if not valid, will fall back to capturing an image from the video.
2. Changed: JPEG tag padding is stored as an APP9 segment instead of an APP14 segment because some Android devices would not properly handle an APP14 block that contained empty data.
3. Fixed: The option to start playback of the current playlist would not work when MC was configured to start when Windows loaded.
4. Internal: Switched most of the math used by hardware accelerated drawing away from D3DX to JRiver code (please report any new issues with Theater View, etc.).

19.0.16 (7/30/2013)

1. Changed: JPEG tagging would fail to read IPTC tags from newer versions of Photoshop.
2. Changed: The tag dump for JPEG files in the Tag Action Window shows the full file structure (list of JPEG segments, with a little information about each segment).
3. Changed: JPEG tagging understands APP15 segments filled with 0xFF bytes and considers them padding that can be removed on tag save (not sure what program writes them).
4. Changed: JPEG tagging always uses a consistent segment order: JFIF (if present), EXIF, XMP, IPTC, MJMD, Padding, other App blocks (if present), image data.
5. Changed: Removing tags on a JPEG removes the XMP, IPTC, MJMD, and Padding segments (but leaves the EXIF block).
6. Fixed: Importing mp4 video files with embedded tags did not get additional tags (for example Aspect Ratio) that were not already in the file.

19.0.15 (7/29/2013)

1. Changed: Hooked up new R128 volume leveling for handhelds, DLNA, and file conversion.
2. Changed: Red October uses LAV filters version 0.58.2 (thanks nevcairiel).
3. Changed: Revised how presets are saved and loaded in DSP Studio > Equalizer to hopefully be more clear.
4. Fixed: The tag dump in the Action Window would be blank when showing for the first file.

19.0.14 (7/26/2013)

1. Faster: True Peak analyzer when using SSE on 44.1 and 48 kHz content is about 20% faster.
2. Changed: Ripping and burning now use the updated R128 audio analysis.
3. Changed: When volume leveling is enabled but applying no change, it will still show in Audio Path as +0.0dB.
4. Changed: When using album gain for R128, the loudest track in a cluster will define the gain instead of the average (since quiet tracks may call for a gain unachievable by loud tracks due to their peak level).
5. Changed: When saving tags, the R128 volume is saved into the existing Replay Gain field (using a +5.0dB shift, as per Replay Gain v2 / David Robinson).
6. Changed: When saving tags, the R128 peak level is saved into the standard 'Peak Level' field (converted from decibels to a percent and stored like '0.944').
7. Faster: ListCombine(...) expression is faster.
8. Fixed: JTV video conversion lip-sync problem.

19.0.13 (7/25/2013)

1. Changed: Volume Leveling will not use an album gain for videos except for when the Media Sub Type is set to Music Video.
2. Fixed: Direct Sound playback would not work with devices that didn't support 24-bit audio.
3. Fixed: Video width and height fields could be filled incorrectly.
4. Fixed: When converting from some jtv television recordings, the converted files would have incorrect aspect ratio. Make sure you correct width and height problem first (see 2. above) before retry conversion.
5. Changed: Video width and height values in the database are applied before playing jtv files so videos will not be played at wrong aspect ratio briefly at the beginning.
6. Changed: Switched from htbackdrops.com to htbackdrops.org (their updated site) as a source for some Theater View online media backdrops.
7. Fixed: Audio Analysis was running a core audio engine thread at a higher thread priority than intended, causing possible playback or system performance issues while analyzing.
8. Changed: DST decompression (used by DSD, CPU expensive) automatically adjusts the thread priorities used for decoding based on the caller's priority (so DSD background analysis, etc. has less impact on system responsiveness).
9. Changed: Improvements to how memory playback manages CPU load when decoding demanding sources like DST compressed DSD.
10. Fixed: The ISO media type detector was not getting some ISO files correct.
11. NEW: Video aspect ratio is imported during thumbnailing.
12. NEW: Theater View fades down the user interface elements after 90 seconds of inactivity to prevent burn in (optional in Options > Theater View > Behavior).
13. NEW: Volume Leveling accounts for volume changes from JRSS downmixing, so that mixing different channel count content will provide a more consistent volume level.
14. Fixed: Exiting Theater View while the 'News' view was loading could crash in some cases.
15. Faster: R128 True Peak analysis uses a new brickwall FIR lowpass when upsampling that's much faster (readings will be mostly the same but could vary by up to 0.2dB from the previous resampler).
16. Faster: R128 True Peak uses SSE instructions when possible to help performance.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MrC

@Matt - Please update MCCommands.h at :

http://www.jriver.com/DevZone/MCCommands.h

when you get a chance so I can update the MC Core Commands wiki page from it.

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

@Matt - Please update MCCommands.h at :

http://www.jriver.com/DevZone/MCCommands.h

when you get a chance so I can update the MC Core Commands wiki page from it.

Thanks.

Done and thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

contium

• World Citizen

19.0.25 has a memory leak on my system (2012 Mac Mini Windows 7). Also, Media Center 10.exe*32 CPU usage just sits at 25% when idle.

CPU usage just sits at 25% when idle.
That's probably auto-import analyzing files. (it would be nice if Media Center told you this)

MrC

MC Core Command wiki page:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands

is now current with MC 19.0.25.

contium

• World Citizen

That's probably auto-import analyzing files. (it would be nice if Media Center told you this)

That was the problem. I figured since everything was analyzed in MC18, it would be in MC19 as well but I guess with the changes in the audio analysis require a re-analysis. Turned off auto analyze for now until things get settled. Really don't want to have to re-analyze 20,000+ files over and over.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount

MC19 Release Notes:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes_MC19
Thanks MrC - especially so, since that is the only way for non-beta-testers to see the first 12 builds' changes.

kstuart

Are there some changes that could be viewed as "fixes" that are in these MC19 versions, and not in MC18 ?

There are some things like that in the various MC19 Release Notes that I don't remember seeing in the MC18 Release Notes (although conceivably it could just be my faulty memory)...

-3m-

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.25 -- Available Here -- Read before downloading
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 04:49:53 am »

Can not playback with Furutech ADL : X1's native ASIO Output but WASAPI Output is OK.
That is no problem at all on JMC18.

cvrle59

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 07:52:28 am »

If you try to change Audio (ASIO driver) setup during playback, MC19 unloads, I had to restart it a few times. I didn't do extensive test, I just downloaded it last night, but I noticed this problem. MC18 would just cut off  for a sec and it would continue to play again, in case you try to change setup, let's say you change buffer size or so.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2013, 08:39:25 am »

Installed MC19 and got a "fail" message. Note that MC18 was shut down (along with the media server) during the install.

Clicked on "Retry" and the install proceeded without apparent problem.

I'm using Bitdefender Internet Security for anti-virus and it coincidentally flagged the following warning:
"Bitdefender has detected an infected item in c:\users\[PC Name]\appdata\local\temp\7zsd0e5.tmp\mediajukebox\jrdisc.dll. Virus name: Gen:Variant.Ursnif.21.  ..."

When I scan the downloaded executable (atypically, I didn't do this before the install) I get a "threat detected" for the same issue, i.e. Variant.Ursnif.21

I'd expect that this is a false positive, but even so, am I a one off?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Iznogűd

• Recent member
  • I'm trying to learn
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 09:10:45 am »

If you try to change Audio (ASIO driver) setup during playback, MC19 unloads, I had to restart it a few times.

I've noticed something similar. Audio playback freezes when selecting Audio Options. If it's a video file, video playback continues with no audio.

This only happens with ASIO. Neither WASAPI nor Direct Sound have this issue and the other sections of Options work OK.

Arindelle

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 09:40:27 am »

Installed MC19 and got a "fail" message. Note that MC18 was shut down (along with the media server) during the install.

I'm using Bitdefender Internet Security for anti-virus and it coincidentally flagged the following warning:
"Bitdefender has detected an infected item in c:\users\[PC Name]\appdata\local\temp\7zsd0e5.tmp\mediajukebox\jrdisc.dll. Virus name: Gen:Variant.Ursnif.21.  ..."

When I scan the downloaded executable (atypically, I didn't do this before the install) I get a "threat detected" for the same issue, i.e. Variant.Ursnif.21

I'd expect that this is a false positive, but even so, am I a one off?

No your not, happended to me too.

Install proceeded yes, but clicking on certain items causes this MC error within the program "Failed to Create CD Manager Control" -- as the file in question is jrdisc.dll probably has something to do with it.  Anybody can confirm its a fake positive?

Transilium

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 11:37:38 am »

Impossible uninstall in win8 64 bits. :'(

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 12:07:41 pm »

Impossible uninstall in win8 64 bits. :'(
Try rebooting.

AudioVero

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 12:56:59 pm »

Hi,

I have freshly installed JRMC19 including reboot.
The options window looks pretty strange, see attachment.
How to solve?

Uli

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 01:15:48 pm »

I have freshly installed JRMC19 including reboot.
The options window looks pretty strange, see attachment.
How to solve?

My guess is that there's a misbehaving driver on your system causing trouble when Options > Audio enumerates devices.

We may need to move device enumeration out of the process (to JRWorker.exe) to handle these cases.

Maybe you could grab a lot with Help > Logging and mail it to logs [at] jriver dot com?  It would probably show if my guess is right, and if so, what driver.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AudioVero

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 01:47:26 pm »

Hi Matt,

thanks. Indeed an ASIO driver is the reason. In this case AcourateASIO  :)
The log file says that Init() fails. This is ok so far as AcourateASIO correctly responds that there is no application (simulating the driver) taking the ASIO data.

IMO it makes no sense if JRMC19 behaves strange then. It can simply ignore the ASIO driver and take it off the driver list.
Btw there is no problem with JRMC18.

Best regard
Uli

kstuart

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, 02:26:34 pm »

5 problem reports about using ASIO.

Is there no one on Beta Team using ASIO ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up