INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.28 -- Available Here -- Please read before downloading  (Read 24495 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

This is the latest version of MC 19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190028.exe

CAUTION -- This is an early build of MC19.  Please read what others say before downloading.  It may be less stable than MC18 for some time to come.  Back up your current MC library before installing.  Please use the Problems and Questions thread if you need help.

19.0.28 (8/14/2013)

1. Changed: Opening Options > Audio will no longer load any ASIO drivers (some drivers would hang when loaded a second time if playback was happening, etc.)

19.0.27 (8/14/2013)

1. Changed: A few fixes and tweaks to the DR analyzer.
2. Fixed: The Audio Analyzer dialog was stalling on files that didn't need analysis instead of skipping them.
3. Fixed: In-place editing in the tree could get cancelled when background tools fired notifications (like when a DLNA device came or went).
4. Fixed: Renaming a library view will prompt to save changes before doing the rename.
5. Fixed: Putting an invalid field into a GroupSummary(...) expression could crash.
6. Fixed: Scrolling with the mouse wheel in a list could leave a tooltip showing.

19.0.26 (8/13/2013)

1. NEW: Expression based categories can define separate grouping and display expressions so that you can group by something like artist, but then display something more advanced with counts, number of albums, etc.
2. NEW: Group-based expression functions like GroupCount(...) and GroupSummary(...) are supported in the new category display expressions.
3. NEW: Added DR dynamic range analysis to the audio analyzer.
4. Changed: When an Action Window is maximized, the other Action Windows are hidden instead of showing them in a stack at the bottom (provides more available height for a maximized window).
5. Changed: The maximize button on the Action Window switches to a minimize button when maximized (when a skin doesn't have a maximize button, the restore artwork is used).
6. Changed: Action Windows remember their maximized state (so a maximized Tag window will stay maximized).
7. Changed: Updated Chromium browser engine to Chromium Embedded Framework 3.1453.1255 (Chromium version 27.0.1453.73).
8. Fixed: Television recordings in transport stream format could be unplayable in other applications, and could have bad quality.

19.0.25 (8/12/2013)

1. NEW: Added support for user accounts that are stored with the library and allow each user to see only certain files (replaces Access Control feature).
2. NEW: Added a 'User' library field that can be set to any combination of users to limit the contents visibility to only those users (leave blank for content to show for all users).
3. SDK: The MC command MCC_BACKUP_LIBRARY (20011) will perform a silent automatic backup when passed "1" as the parameter.
4. Changed: The program will run the automatic library code periodically instead of only at program start (so that running the program for long periods won't stop automatic backups from happening).
5. Changed: Auto-import has separate options for analyzing audio for audio and video files.
6. NEW: User can choose a time for MC to load television EPG in background.
7. Changed: Server token authentication persists across a server restart so that an authenticated client won't be forced to reconnect if the server goes down and comes back up. 

19.0.24 (8/9/2013)

1. Fixed: The audio analyzer was not properly returning per-channel peaks.
2. NEW: JRSS downmixing uses per-channel peak levels from audio analysis when they're available to make a better determination about how much (if any) volume reduction is required to prevent clipping after the downmix.
3. Changed: The 'Volume Up' and 'Volume Down' roller items do not appear in Theater View when the volume is in disabled mode.
4. Changed: The error check during WPD camera acquisition makes sure the source and destination file sizes are within 2.5% instead of an exact match since some devices do not expose an exact file size (Android 4.3 in MTP mode).
5. Changed: Doing a Camera acquire shows a playlist 'Recently Acquired' that contains only images acquired in the last hour (like other recent playlists, it is automatically cleaned up after a few days).

19.0.23 (8/8/2013)

1. Fixed: When non-analyzable files were added to the analyzer, the program would dead-lock when showing the error dialog.
2. Changed: Added int(...), frac(...), round(...), and trunc(...) to the math evaluator (used in expressions, visualizations, etc.).
3. Changed: The math evaluator is double-precision (64-bit) instead of single-precision (32-bit) for floating point operations.
4. Changed: The option to not draw frames on image thumbnails is honored in grouped details lists (previously it was only honored in thumbnail lists).
5. Fixed: File creation could fail in build 19.0.22, causing several possible strange problems.

19.0.22 (8/8/2013)

1. Fixed: Importing of mp4 files that have copyright atom could cause MC to crash.
2. Changed: Vertical scrollbars are positioned inside the column header in a list instead of over it (allows a cleaner look with some skins and is logical since the column header doesn't scroll).
3. Fixed: MC could fail to load ID3 tag data in AIFF and WAVE files.
4. Fixed: MC did not write copyright tag to mp4 files.
5. Changed: MC will try reading copyright tag from a second location in mp4 files if the ISO-defined 'cprt' atom does not exist.
6. Changed: The list editing widget (used for editing keywords, etc.) puts the 'Add' box at the bottom and moves the instructions into the box for a cleaner alignment and less chance for the suggestions when adding to obscure the existing list.
7. Faster: File I/O adds a buffering layer that engages when small reads are performed so that underlying reads are never too small (a real world example where this helps is with FLAC playback over some types of wireless networks).

19.0.21 (8/7/2013)

1. Changed: The audio analyzer considers a file analyzed if it has a 'Volume Level (R128)' and 'Peak Level (R128)' value.
2. Faster: Analyzing files to decide what playback / decoding method to use is faster (makes opening the Analyze Audio dialog with lots of files faster).
3. Fixed: Files with a peak level of 0.0 dB could incorrectly be marked as needing analysis.
4. Changed: The standard ReplayGain volume level and peak level tags will not be written to tags if tagging is turned off for the corresponding MC fields 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' and 'Peak Level (Sample)'.

19.0.20 (8/5/2013)

1. Changed: Memory playback gracefully handles cases where memory allocation fails.
2. Changed: Added 'Peak Level (Sample)' field to report the peak level found in an actual sample value (doesn't account for inter-peak overs like R128 TruePeak).
3. Changed: Added 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' that will be filled from tags or an old MC library on import.
4. Changed: After analyzing a file, the 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' field and tag will be filled with a ReplayGain v2 value (which is the R128 level with a +5dB adjustment).
5. Changed: When a file has a 'Peak Level (Sample)' value and no 'Peak Level (R128)' value, the sample peak will be used (with 1.5dB extra headroom added to make it more similar to R128 True Peak).
6. Changed: When a file has a 'Volume Level (ReplayGain)' value and no 'Volume Level (R128)' value, the ReplayGain value will be used with Volume Leveling (adjusted by -5dB to make it more similar to an R128 value).
7. Changed: Removed some unneeded COM initialization / uninitialization from Media Network server threads (might help with ole32.dll crashes during idle).

19.0.19 (8/2/2013)

1. Fixed: The RAW image decoding cache was not enabled for the last few builds.
2. Fixed: The 'Check for Updates' Action Window could use the wrong button width for the button (may also apply to other places where the button text changes dynamically).
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).

19.0.18 (8/1/2013)

1. Fixed: A few 3d visualizations were not working properly on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
2. Changed: Removed 3d text visualization (it's no longer possible to create a 3d mesh from text using the D3DX helper).

19.0.17 (7/31/2013)

1. Changed: When getting thumbnails JRWorker will test-load the image embedded in mp4 files, and if not valid, will fall back to capturing an image from the video.
2. Changed: JPEG tag padding is stored as an APP9 segment instead of an APP14 segment because some Android devices would not properly handle an APP14 block that contained empty data.
3. Fixed: The option to start playback of the current playlist would not work when MC was configured to start when Windows loaded.
4. Internal: Switched most of the math used by hardware accelerated drawing away from D3DX to JRiver code (please report any new issues with Theater View, etc.).

19.0.16 (7/30/2013)

1. Changed: JPEG tagging would fail to read IPTC tags from newer versions of Photoshop.
2. Changed: The tag dump for JPEG files in the Tag Action Window shows the full file structure (list of JPEG segments, with a little information about each segment).
3. Changed: JPEG tagging understands APP15 segments filled with 0xFF bytes and considers them padding that can be removed on tag save (not sure what program writes them).
4. Changed: JPEG tagging always uses a consistent segment order: JFIF (if present), EXIF, XMP, IPTC, MJMD, Padding, other App blocks (if present), image data.
5. Changed: Removing tags on a JPEG removes the XMP, IPTC, MJMD, and Padding segments (but leaves the EXIF block).
6. Fixed: Importing mp4 video files with embedded tags did not get additional tags (for example Aspect Ratio) that were not already in the file.

19.0.15 (7/29/2013)

1. Changed: Hooked up new R128 volume leveling for handhelds, DLNA, and file conversion.
2. Changed: Red October uses LAV filters version 0.58.2 (thanks nevcairiel).
3. Changed: Revised how presets are saved and loaded in DSP Studio > Equalizer to hopefully be more clear.
4. Fixed: The tag dump in the Action Window would be blank when showing for the first file.

Iznogūd

• Recent member
  • I'm trying to learn

19.0.28 (8/14/2013)

1. Changed: Opening Options > Audio will no longer load any ASIO drivers (some drivers would hang when loaded a second time if playback was happening, etc.)

It's working OK now. The audio options screen no longer crashes ASIO playback.

astromo

• MC Beta Team

Can't install MC19.0.28. Can't uninstall MC19.0.27.

I'm getting a similar install fail as noted here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82729.msg564715#msg564715

The install makes it past the licence acceptance and user selection for install options (note using "custom" or "express" doesn't make a difference) and the first error is the same as previous, i.e. a file copy error of JRDisc.dll
Retry doesn't work, so I cancel instead. Also note that during this process all other applications are shut down and I manually closed down the MC media server as well.

Then I get a critical install error. Rebooting and re-installing confirms the definition of insanity. So, I try the next suggestion. Reboot and uninstall the existing version of MC19. In my case that's build 27 and then I find that I can't uninstall MC19.

Via Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall ... no response from my system
Via Start Menu > MC 19 > Uninstall .. no response
Via the file path and direct launch of JRMediaUninstall.exe .. no response
Via jv16 Power Tools 2013 > Uninstall .. I get this message:
Failed to uninstall Media Center 19, the program's uninstaller ("[Filepath]\JRMediaUninstall.exe") did not seem to run properly. You must manually uninstall this software.

So, some response and guidance to this one would be appreciated. My post in the Build 25 thread got 1 user response:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82729.msg564725#msg564725
but nothing from the development team.

Are you guys quietly beavering away? If so, great but now's the time to share where you've got to. Let me know what I need to send in by way of log info. Given that this is an issue with install / uninstall the software's logging function wouldn't really help, would it?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

zxsix

• MC Beta Team

User accounts with Library Server clients:

Added a password for the Administrator user.
Added another user Nick with a password.

Connected via library client to main copy of MC.
Did View> User > Nick.
Items shown changed correctly.

Closed MC.
Relaunched MC.

View > User shows checkmark next to Administrator.
It didn't default back to last user Nick.
Also it didn't prompt for the Administrator password.

astromo

• MC Beta Team

Can't install MC19.0.28. Can't uninstall MC19.0.27.

I'm getting a similar install fail as noted here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82729.msg564715#msg564715

The install makes it past the licence acceptance and user selection for install options (note using "custom" or "express" doesn't make a difference) and the first error is the same as previous, i.e. a file copy error of JRDisc.dll
Retry doesn't work, so I cancel instead. Also note that during this process all other applications are shut down and I manually closed down the MC media server as well.

Then I get a critical install error. Rebooting and re-installing confirms the definition of insanity. So, I try the next suggestion. Reboot and uninstall the existing version of MC19. In my case that's build 27 and then I find that I can't uninstall MC19.

Via Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall ... no response from my system
Via Start Menu > MC 19 > Uninstall .. no response
Via the file path and direct launch of JRMediaUninstall.exe .. no response
Via jv16 Power Tools 2013 > Uninstall .. I get this message:
So, some response and guidance to this one would be appreciated. My post in the Build 25 thread got 1 user response:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82729.msg564725#msg564725
but nothing from the development team.

Are you guys quietly beavering away? If so, great but now's the time to share where you've got to. Let me know what I need to send in by way of log info. Given that this is an issue with install / uninstall the software's logging function wouldn't really help, would it?

I think I've figure this out. During the install, MC sets up a temporary folder in
C:\Users\[PC Name]\AppData\Local\Temp
The anti-virus / firewall software (BitDefeneder Security) was scanning JRDisc.dll finding (to it anyway) virus Gen:Variant.Ursnif.21
I haven't figured how to exclude this dll from BD during the install step, so out of desperation, I've done a full uninstall of the AV software. Some comment from the JR team here about the virus would be appreciated. I intend to send feedback to BD along appropriate lines and see what I can do to customise the exclusion process.

But before that point, I still don't get why I was being prevented from uninstalling MC19.   ?

When I rebooted, I still couldn't uninstall MC19.0.27 but I was able to install MC19.0.28. I did that OK. Then uninstalled. Rebooted and reinstalled MC19.0.28 just to clear the decks registry wise.

On a positive note, I really like the Analyse Audio feature for video. Sweet stuff. Good to see you guys are improving the platform in all the right directions..   ;D
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen

Auto Update or check for updates in MC19.0.25 & MC19.0.27 not working- says Program up to date even though latest selected.

Updating manually to MC19.0.28 removed registration- I had to download mjr file and execute to restore licence. Happened on all my machines -Windows 7 X64, Windows 7 X32 and Windows XP.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome
Pages: [1]   Go Up