INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.38 -- Available Here  (Read 13042 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 19.0.38 -- Available Here
« on: September 11, 2013, 11:15:24 am »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190038.exe

This is an early build of MC19.  Please read what others say before downloading.  It may be less trouble free than MC18 for some.  Back up your current MC library before installing.  Please use the Problems and Questions thread if you need help.

19.0.38 (9/10/2013)

1. Fixed: The installer would always register the 64-bit shell extensions, leading to cases where shell extensions could show in Explorer when the option was off in MC (manually turn on, OK out of options, then turn off, and OK out of options to fix).
2. Fixed: The custom library backup path validation could unnecessarily create the default folder.
3. Changed: Rewrote several core MMX image manipulation routines in SSE (most around 2x faster and now work cross platform).
4. Fixed: The visual mouse over state for an edit control would not always be honored properly.
5. Changed: Adaptive Volume in 'Peak Level Normalize' mode normalizes on a per-track basis when Volume Leveling is off and on a per-playlist basis when Volume Leveling is on.
6. Fixed: WPD camera acquisition could fail in the last few builds due to the internal COM changes.
7. Changed: MC has a white list of device names that support system volume while bitstreaming, and no longer disables the system volume slider when playing to these devices (if you have a device like this, please provide details).
8. Fixed: Audio device names with pipes or backslashes in them could cause problems in Options > Audio.
9. Changed: Added experimental support for ASIO DSD output to devices that do not specify a DSD buffer format like Teac, maybe others (feedback appreciated).
10. Fixed: If auto-import got canceled while analyzing audio, it would record it as an error and not try again for a year.
11. Fixed: Column auto-sizing was not working in some areas.
12. Fixed: The projection aspect ratio was inconsistent when switching between some 3d visualizations.

19.0.37 (9/5/2013)

1. Fixed: Playback of some YouTube music videos was failing.
2. Changed: The CSV text copied to the clipboard when copying from a list uses tab instead of comma as the delimiter.
3. Fixed: Playing YouTube videos, MC would not resume playback after entering buffering state.
4. Changed: Switched convolution based image effects (sharpen, emboss, etc.) to use SSE instead of MMX (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
5. Changed: MC will now read and write replay gain (Volume Level) tags in Windows Media files.
6. Fixed: Loopback was not working in the last couple builds due to internal COM changes.

19.0.36 (9/4/2013)

1. NEW: Added native support for little-endian PCM AIFF files (previously only the more common big-endian or floating point AIFF files were supported natively).
2. Changed: Copying list items to the clipboard generated RFC 4180 compliant CSV data (previously some special characters, newlines, etc. were not formatted for RFC 4180 compliance).
3. Changed: Copying list items to the clipboard puts CSV into the text area of the clipboard (instead of having different text and CSV formats).
4. Fixed: If something triggered a Standard View view switch while Theater View was showing, it could steal the keyboard / remote focus.
5. Fixed: MC could not read and write replay gain tags in APE and some other audio formats.
6. Changed: MC no longer adjust replay gain value internally by 6 dB (should be internal change, but please report any issues).

19.0.35 (9/3/2013)

1. Fixed: Seeking during YouTube playback could cause extremely slow network traffic from the server.
2. Fixed: After acquiring images from a camera, the program would not always update and show the 'Recently Acquired' playlist.
3. Fixed: TiVo Server could fail to run in some cases in the last few builds.
4. Fixed: Several issues from COM changes in build 34.
5. Changed: More tweaks to Noire skin.
6. Changed: Adaptive Volume is locked at the #2 position in DSP Studio (Output Format, Volume Levelling, and Adaptive Volume happen at the front of the audio chain, other effects happen JIT at the end).
7. Changed: The automatic library backup system will switch to the default backup location when a user specified folder is no longer valid.
8. Changed: Help > System Info was missing the device manager information on Windows 8.
9. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/File/Played function to update play stats, Scrobble, etc.
10. SDK: All MCWS/v1/File/* functions accept a library key or filename (to use a filename, set FileType to Filename).
11. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Playlist/AddFile to add a single file to a playlist.

19.0.34 (8/30/2013)

1. Fixed: Doing a YADB track lookup could hang when using a file that required DirectShow for decoding.
2. Changed: DVD rips now use Carnac for better decoding of series/season/disc# information in disc volume name.
3. Internal: Made usage of COM opt-in instead of opt-out for worker threads.  Please report any issues.
4. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
5. Fixed: Some phrases were not translated.
6. NEW: NEW: NEW: MC can record television channels from CableCARD devices in transport stream (.ts) format.
7. Changed: Improved internal engine quality when playing 2x DSD input, using processing, and outputting 2x DSD.
8. Faster: Improvements to DSD output encoding to reduce the chance of buffer shortfalls.

19.0.33 (8/29/2013)

1. Fixed: Adaptive volume would sometimes not apply (fixed) volume adjustment on already analyzed files.
2. Fixed: The Direct Sound buffering slider wouldn't save the value.
3. Changed: Additional updates to the default Noire skin.
4. Changed: Added some logging to the ASIO driver to trouble-shoot hosts that load the driver but don't actually use it (which can cause MC to launch).
5. Changed: SRT subtitles suppress mystery <32> and <35> markers used by Swedish public television.
6. Fixed: When the system short date format used the month as a string instead of a number, it could cause date parsing to make incorrect guesses with regards to day and month ordering for ambiguous dates like '3-4'.
7. Changed: Date parsing of three numbers (like 3-4-12 or 2012.3.4) will always assume the ordering matches the system default (unless it's a clear variant like year.month.day).
8. Fixed: Playback of some YouTube music videos was failing.

19.0.32 (8/23/2013)

1. Changed: Added support for viewing CMYK JPEG files.
2. Changed: Media Network authentication tokens last three days instead of two hours (so coming back to Gizmo after inactivity works better).
3. Fixed: MC will no longer crash when importing videos with the "folder.jpg" in the folder above it.

19.0.31 (8/22/2013)

1. Fixed: The text <font> could appear in Theater View captions in build 30.   
2. Fixed: Volume Leveling could be applied when playing to a DLNA device, even if it was turned off in Options > Media Network.

19.0.30 (8/20/2013)

1. Faster: When calling the web service for images, when png is requested but no transparency is in the image, a high quality jpeg will be returned instead (makes Gizmo browsing faster).
2. Fixed: Mp4 files with embedded images were not always using the image as the thumbnail.
3. Fixed: The JRiver ASIO driver installed by MC19 could cause problems in MC18.
4. Fixed: When switching tracks with some between track modes, ASIO output could fall out of DoP mode for a split second.
5. Fixed: Deleting the last image from a slideshow could lead to a crash.
6. Changed: Text drawing system no longer supports "<font" markers without a space after them (ie. the correct <font size="150%"> works but the incorrect <fontsize="150%"> will no longer work).
7. Fixed: Playback stats were not being tracked for image playback.

19.0.29 (8/16/2013)

1. NEW: Freshened the look of the default Noire skin.
2. Fixed: The uninstaller could fail to start if a different version of Media Center was used last.
3. Changed: When searching for sidecar artwork, instead of searching only for Folder.jpg, the program will find Folder.jpg, Cover.jpg, Front.jpg (and also any image extension like .jpeg, .png, etc.).
4. Changed: When scanning for television channels, the tuner type is automatically selected according to user configured tuner type of the first non-disabled tuner in the list, instead of always defaulting to "ATSC".
5. Changed: Removed the appearance selection page from the installer.
6. Fixed: Using the new group expressions in Theater View could cause 'circular reference' errors to appear in some cases.
7. Changed: When the Analyze Audio tool is being run manually (ie. not part of auto-import), it will prevent the system from going to sleep.
8. Fixed: Tooltips in edit controls were not showing reliably (making it hard to get context sensitive help when editing expressions).
9. NEW: The target latency for live playback (WASAPI loopback, ASIO line-in, JRiver ASIO driver) can be configured in Options > Audio > Advanced > Live playback latency (remember that the output latency from Options > Audio > Device settings... is added to this latency).
10. Fixed: DVD Video burning was not working for longer duration video files.
11. Changed: .rec files will now be recognized and played.

19.0.28 (8/14/2013)

1. Changed: Opening Options > Audio will no longer load any ASIO drivers (some drivers would hang when loaded a second time if playback was happening, etc.)

19.0.27 (8/14/2013)

1. Changed: A few fixes and tweaks to the DR analyzer.
2. Fixed: The Audio Analyzer dialog was stalling on files that didn't need analysis instead of skipping them.
3. Fixed: In-place editing in the tree could get cancelled when background tools fired notifications (like when a DLNA device came or went).
4. Fixed: Renaming a library view will prompt to save changes before doing the rename.
5. Fixed: Putting an invalid field into a GroupSummary(...) expression could crash.
6. Fixed: Scrolling with the mouse wheel in a list could leave a tooltip showing.

19.0.26 (8/13/2013)

1. NEW: Expression based categories can define separate grouping and display expressions so that you can group by something like artist, but then display something more advanced with counts, number of albums, etc.
2. NEW: Group-based expression functions like GroupCount(...) and GroupSummary(...) are supported in the new category display expressions.
3. NEW: Added DR dynamic range analysis to the audio analyzer.
4. Changed: When an Action Window is maximized, the other Action Windows are hidden instead of showing them in a stack at the bottom (provides more available height for a maximized window).
5. Changed: The maximize button on the Action Window switches to a minimize button when maximized (when a skin doesn't have a maximize button, the restore artwork is used).
6. Changed: Action Windows remember their maximized state (so a maximized Tag window will stay maximized).
7. Changed: Updated Chromium browser engine to Chromium Embedded Framework 3.1453.1255 (Chromium version 27.0.1453.73).
8. Fixed: Television recordings in transport stream format could be unplayable in other applications, and could have bad quality.

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.38 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 12:12:58 pm »

After mc team fixed zone switching bug, it would be nice to fix the last zone switch bug. This bug wasn't there until the focus was fixed.

Try to start mc. It starts with standard zone in theater view and playing now in standard view. Switch to an other zone in theater view, and then change view to standard view. Then you will see that switching to standard view returns mc back to the zone on startup.
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

XR219

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 03:44:08 pm »

Hi guys,

Windows phone devices still not being detected as handhelds in Version 19. I've just reinstalled 18.0.212 and this functionality is working. The WP8 devices don't show up with drive letteres in the explorer view, simply as the phone device with two separate memory areas, the inbuilt phone memory and (if fitted) the SDcard. These aren't being detected in Version 19.0.38 and earlier

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 07:26:06 pm »

Using Explorer within MC navigate to a folder containing music files and folder.jpg

Using MC's File/Rename utility rename all contents to a new location FolderName/Artist - Album - Track # - Name

Select the music files and Right-Click / Cover Art  / Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory

Select the music files and Right-Click / Cover Art  / Get From Internet

Media Center returns with "You Library - No Cover Art"

Is this because the folder.jpg is now Artist - Album - Track # - folder.jpg ??
This used to work without this problem.

Now to get the cover art to show up I must navigate to the external location, open the image file, copy it to clipboard, return to MC, paste the image, blah, blah, blah   :P
. . . the game is rigged

Arcturus

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 10:28:19 pm »

Latest build (19.0.38) completely hosed Gizmo and any other control point software I used. Gizmo will not even connect and anything else is too slow to navigate the library. 10 seconds to change directory and even longer before it loads metadata.

Good thing I kept the .exe for .32.

helpme

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 12:54:43 am »

Still not detecting Samsung S 3 as a handheld device in this version.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 10:01:18 am »

Next build:
Fixed: Some handheld devices would not appear in the last few builds (due to the internal COM changes).

Sorry for the trouble.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 07:45:17 pm »

Clone a library, then load the new clone - go to Favorites and viola! none of them work . . . . in spite of all the folders and playlists being the same as they were in the original library we cloned from.

Seems that since all is relative the Favorites should still work.
. . . the game is rigged

cbrucer

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 07:50:00 pm »

I tried downloading using the link above, and the message I received after the download was "MediaCenter190038.exe contained a virus and was deleted" ! however, Norton 360 said the download was alright.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 09:23:38 pm »

Please report the problem to the maker of your antivirus software.  Norton has done this recently.

helpme

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 03:29:32 pm »

Can't rip discs..... not sure which build introduced this bug.

Get message "Analyzing Optical Disc" then white screen and no response from MC19

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 03:37:43 pm »

Can't rip discs..... not sure which build introduced this bug.

Get message "Analyzing Optical Disc" then white screen and no response from MC19

We tried a couple machines here and can't reproduce this.

Any other clues?  Anyone else?

It might be best to start a new thread to investigate more.

XR219

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 05:47:25 pm »

I've managed to rip 6 audio discs this week (all new ones just delivered) without any problems. All on build 19.0.38, 4 on a machine running Windows 8 x64 and 2 on Windows 8.1 RTM x64. Ripped to WMA 320 CBR. TBH sounds like a dodgy drive, but could be wrong.

amz

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 06:57:51 am »

I'm using a NAS with Twonky Server 6 and configured the library in MC (nas-server) to auto-import in the background from the network mount, i.e M:\music\...
This keeps everything up-to-date but it also creates http://... type entries on each discovery/update thus getting duplicates.
This isn't a MC 19 specific issue but any chance to suppress it and where?

Thx

Amadan

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mine. Mine. Mine.
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 10:04:28 am »

Starting with 19..0.38 i get a lot of display errors in the GUI. I doublechecked it with .36 and earlier versions (no problems there). It happens with all skins and can't be solved by forcing a refresh (by maximizin/minimizing window etc.). See attachment for screenshot

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 10:07:08 am »

Starting with 19..0.38 i get a lot of display errors in the GUI. I doublechecked it with .36 and earlier versions (no problems there). It happens with all skins and can't be solved by forcing a refresh (by maximizin/minimizing window etc.). See attachment for screenshot

What's your CPU?

Amadan

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mine. Mine. Mine.
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2013, 10:16:58 am »

It's an Intel Core Ivy Bridge i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro (RTM version) with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti. My first guess was that it's Win 8.1 making troubles. But as a said, the .36 version runs fine

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2013, 10:23:30 am »

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro (RTM version) with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti. My first guess was that it's Win 8.1 making troubles. But as a said, the .36 version runs fine
Try installing the latest Nvidia drivers: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/65047
I have no problems with Media Center on Windows 8.1 using my GTX 570.

Amadan

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mine. Mine. Mine.
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2013, 10:33:54 am »

Good idea, thx. Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. Meanwhile i also tried the .37 Version since it didn't mention it yet. Also this one runs fine, the problem appears definitely with .38

freebiscuits

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 11:05:46 am »

Still having problems with MC19 automatically opening in front when I open Sound Forge 10. Same problem Shane55 was having when he started his thread on August 22, "MC19 opens automatically when opening a different program". Sorry, just realized I should have posted this bug here.

AUser

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 08:03:03 pm »

Could you do something about the tagging error message, it's been a constant annoyance for me
Really long tracks like audiobooks don't mix well with an error dialog that pops up because the track is still being played

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2013, 08:35:32 am »

It's an Intel Core Ivy Bridge i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

My guess was that the internal image changes are causing the trouble:
Changed: Rewrote several core MMX image manipulation routines in SSE (most around 2x faster and now work cross platform).

Are you using any skin effects in View > Skin > Skin Effects?  If so, does turning them off make a difference?

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2013, 08:36:46 am »

Are you using any skin effects in View > Skin > Skin Effects?  If so, does turning them off make a difference?

It looks like the 'Brightness' effect is causing trouble.  I can reproduce easily.

Look for a fix next build.  Thanks for your help.

Amadan

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mine. Mine. Mine.
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2013, 08:43:53 am »

Great, thx

amz

• Recent member
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2013, 03:39:07 pm »

There's a general problem showing the correct size of all files in the files view.
I've got several SACD rips and each song inherited the size of the complete image (see screenshot).

helpme

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2013, 04:57:38 pm »

I've managed to rip 6 audio discs this week (all new ones just delivered) without any problems. All on build 19.0.38, 4 on a machine running Windows 8 x64 and 2 on Windows 8.1 RTM x64. Ripped to WMA 320 CBR. TBH sounds like a dodgy drive, but could be wrong.

Sorry, yes. It looks like my drive has just started playing up.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2013, 12:36:20 pm »

When viewing the list style as album thumbnails, thumbnail test, [Name] displays Album, not Name.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2013, 01:03:43 pm »

When viewing the list style as album thumbnails, thumbnail test, [Name] displays Album, not Name.

It's an album thumbnail and the name of the album is the [Album] field.  In other words, this is by design.

dean70

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2013, 05:06:20 pm »

When playing a TV Series episode will automatically proceed to the following episode rather than stop when the current one finishes (which was the behaviour in MC18). Also the volume protection kicks in, lowering the volume to 20% when the next episode starts playing.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2013, 06:46:32 pm »

When playing a TV Series episode will automatically proceed to the following episode rather than stop when the current one finishes (which was the behaviour in MC18).

If you're using Theater View, you can pick 'Watch' or 'Watch All'.  It remembers your last choice after doing it once.

jandjd

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2013, 12:21:46 am »

When switching from tv to added webpage, netflix, in theater view, I get an error for internet or home connection, no sound. If I exit out of netflix and push the stop button, go back in, everything is fine.  Also have had my audio device switch on me, exiting from watching a movie to tv, causing no sound. Just minor stuff....other than that, very pleased.

thebigeast

• Recent member
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2013, 05:34:51 pm »

Couple quick questions - when you state that you should backup your current MC library before upgrading, are you simply saying you should back up your music collection stored on your computer etc or is there a backup function in MC? I plan to run both MC18 and MC19 for awhile before switching over full time to 19 - are there any things I need to know if I run both? Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2013, 06:12:01 pm »

Couple quick questions - when you state that you should backup your current MC library before upgrading, are you simply saying you should back up your music collection stored on your computer etc or is there a backup function in MC? I plan to run both MC18 and MC19 for awhile before switching over full time to 19 - are there any things I need to know if I run both? Thanks!
File/Library/Backup.  That's MC's database, not your media files.

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2013, 06:20:01 pm »

When using Analyze Audio of a movie file (ifo, avi and mpeg2) the % completed in the Status column (when file is being analyzed) shows very erratic numbers.  I've seen it go to 3454923% before finishing the analysis.  Every once in a while it will finish at 100%.  No pattern determined yet.
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

thebigeast

• Recent member
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2013, 06:21:32 pm »

File/Library/Backup.  That's MC's database, not your media files.
Thanks Jim. I just backed it up and noticed that I already had multiple backups. Does the program automatically do this on occasion? Because I have never done it on purpose until now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up