INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DAC Sound problem changing tracks  (Read 5494 times)

dualazmak

• Recent member
DAC Sound problem changing tracks
« on: October 24, 2013, 06:53:27 pm »

This could be my local probrem, but I like to report;

M/B GIGABYTE Z77MX-D3H
CPU Core i5 2390T(Max.DTP 35W, HT-on 4 thread)
Memory 16 GB
SSD SSDN-3T120B 120GB
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate 64bit
JRiver MC 19.0.60
Korg DS-DAC-10
       Korg ASIO 1.0.5, DS-DAC-1- Firmware 1.0.5
 2xDSD native DSD realtime up-sampling mode
 "none" at DSD streaming streaming
iSCSI access to GB LAN connected Server iSCSI target HDD (virtual HDD) file with music library

When I play a playList with mixed music files of AIF, FLAC, DSD, MC19 always plays them in DSD 5.6 MHz realtime up-sampling, which is very nice, but only one problem always happens when DSD would be played just after FLAC;
something goes wrong with encoding or with header singal, and Korg DS-DAC-10 is set by MC19 to PCM 44.1 kHz , in stead of DSD 5.6 MHz, with large noise-only signal which seems to be DSD format wound be sent to PCM setted DAC.

The problem always happens only with the case that DSD is played just after FLAC.  It never happens DSD after AIF, mp3, mp4 files.  I can recover the problem by manually setting DS-DAC-10 to DSD mode using Korg DS-DA-10 Control Pannel.

I would appreciate if you could check with your testing environments, hopefully with DS-DAC-10, by playing DSD, FLALC, AIF, mp3, mp4 mixed PlayList.

elderavelas

• World Citizen
Sound problem changing tracks
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 11:06:47 pm »

This issue has not been fixed, so I am reporting it again.

MC 19.0.56 and 19.0.60 (I have not tried from 19.0.057 to 19.0.59), when encoding to 2xDSD PCM files, a loud noise is played along the music when changing to a DSD or 2xDSD files, either DSF, DFF or SACD.ISO. Stopping and resuming playing the DSD files makes them to be played correctly. Changing from DSD to DSD encoded PCM tracks is fine. Changing between DSD encoded PCM tracks works fine.
19.0.54 does not have this issue.

My DAC is a Youlong SABRE DA8.

My computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate on a Dell XPS desktop, 16GB of RAM, Intel Core I7.

Thanks.

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 04:48:11 am »

This issue has not been fixed, so I am reporting it again.

MC 19.0.56 and 19.0.60 (I have not tried from 19.0.057 to 19.0.59), when encoding to 2xDSD PCM files, a loud noise is played along the music when changing to a DSD or 2xDSD files, either DSF, DFF or SACD.ISO. Stopping and resuming playing the DSD files makes them to be played correctly. Changing from DSD to DSD encoded PCM tracks is fine. Changing between DSD encoded PCM tracks works fine.
19.0.54 does not have this issue.

My DAC is a Youlong SABRE DA8.

My computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate on a Dell XPS desktop, 16GB of RAM, Intel Core I7.

Thanks.

The problem reported with my Post 20 is quite similar to this post.  My DAC is Korg DS-DAC-10, and similar loud noise when changing PCM (FLAC) music to DSD music with "2xDSD native format" realtime up-sapmling.

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 08:25:58 am »

The problem reported with my Post 20 is quite similar to this post.  My DAC is Korg DS-DAC-10, and similar loud noise when changing PCM (FLAC) music to DSD music with "2xDSD native format" realtime up-sapmling.

I tested different PCM sources like WAV, MP3 and AIF. All caused the same problem.
I tried with playing from memory on and off, but got the same noise independently of this setting.
Configuring the output do WASAPI and encoding PCM to DSD (DoP), instead of the noise, I get no audio at all. Stopping and playing the same DSD track makes it to play normally.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 08:38:24 am »

There are some options that might help.  Play silence at startup ....

dualazmak

• Recent member
Re: Sound problem changing tracks
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 05:48:28 pm »

There are some options that might help.  Play silence at startup ....
Do you mean to put a little silence at the start of each of the music?  If this would be the case, how we can do it by option features?   Thanks a lot for your attention and suggestions.

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 06:24:59 pm »

Do you mean to put a little silence at the start of each of the music?  If this would be the case, how we can do it by option features?   Thanks a lot for your attention and suggestions.
I found it!  Option - Audio - "Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization".  I will soon check it by ssetting ex. 1 second of silence.

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 06:45:49 pm »

I found it!  Option - Audio - "Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization".  I will soon check it by ssetting ex. 1 second of silence.

I have just tested.  Unfortunately, it does not resolve the problem.  I still have loud noise on track-change from FLAC to DSD even with the setting of "Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization"  in 2 sec, or any other period.

Please investigate the cause of the problem, and fix it at your earliest convenience.
Thanks for your attention.

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 06:53:41 pm »

Just like in Posts 34, "Stopping and playing the same DSD track makes it to play normally" also with my system.

Therefore, I believe that the cause of the problem would be in the automatic track-change sequence algorism/coding of MC19.  I hope this should be fixed very soon.

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 10:36:28 pm »

I have just tested.  Unfortunately, it does not resolve the problem.

It does not resolve the problem in my case, neither.

Notice that 19.0.54 works fine. It is broken since 19.0.56.

Thanks.

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: DAC Sound problem changing tracks
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 12:04:44 am »

I have the same problem, but using an Auralic Vega.

Lynx Hilo I borrowed acted the same. So that's 4 different DSD DACs I think?

Silence doesn't fix it.

Are you guys hearing thw white noise full on, or that weird zinging white noise that fades in and out for about 1 second, and does that about 2x?

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 02:18:32 am »

I have the same problem, but using an Auralic Vega.
Lynx Hilo I borrowed acted the same. So that's 4 different DSD DACs I think?
Silence doesn't fix it.
Are you guys hearing thw white noise full on, or that weird zinging white noise that fades in and out for about 1 second, and does that about 2x?
In my case, loud white noise with very faint music sound all the way until I manually stop playing .  The  problem is with 2xDSD native realtime up-sampling mode, and for 2.8 MHz as well as 5.6 MHz DSD music when played after PCM music by track change.  You are right; now we have this issue reported with four (4) different DSD DACs, and therefore this is not DAC specific but is a universal problem, I believe. 

dualazmak

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2013, 12:40:39 am »

Looks this problem has been completely fixed with MC 19.0.66.  I do hope and believe the same fix for everyone who communicated here.
Thnks a lot,  MC19 team, for your continuing hard work!

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2013, 02:09:00 pm »

My MC have just been updated to 19.0.67. This issue seems to be fixed.
Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up