INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.104 -- Available Here  (Read 14257 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 19.0.104 -- Available Here
« on: January 13, 2014, 10:17:38 am »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190104.exe

Please use the Problems and Questions thread if you need help.

19.0.104 (1/9/2014)

1. Changed: "Favorite Channels" and "Hidden Channels" attributes can be set on "Edit Channel List..." window, where you can select multiple television channels and then click buttons to set them all at once.
2. Changed: "Delete All Channels" button on "Edit Channel List..." window is removed as it is not needed.
3. NEW: Customize text alignment for columns in Standard View file lists by right-clicking on the column header.
4. Changed: The "Mark as (not) Played" library tools are only shown when they are useful (ie. Mark as Played only on files not played before, and vice versa).
5. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
6. Fixed: "Hidden channels" and "Favorite channels" drop lists were not updated after scanning television channels, or after running "Group channels" tool.
7. Changed: Updated the FFmpeg version used for transcoding.
8. NEW: Option to populate "Channel Number" field when scanning for television channels, if such number can be found or constructed.
9. Changed: MC will not treat different audio streams on the same DVB service as separate channels when scanning for channels, and will ignore any service without a name (instead of using "(null)" as name).
10. NEW: On scanning for DVB television channels, MC will add a "DVB-T2/S2/C2" flag to indicate that a channel is or is not a T2/S2/C2 channel.  On tuner device configuration, a checkbox is added to indicate whether a tuner is capable of tuning to T2/S2/C2 channels.
11. Changed: Standard television view will list guide data for 24 hours per page, instead of 18 hours.
12. Fixed: Television channel scanning wizard did not show all option controls for scanning STB channels because the wizard window was too small.
13. Changed: Minor changes on "Edit Channel List" dialog window.

19.0.103 (1/6/2014)

1. Changed: In television options, "Edit Channel List" window includes non-anchor group members in the channel list, so they can be edited.
2. Changed: TV Series in the "Get Cover Art" dialog are sorted by Series and Season.
3. Changed: Expression columns with DataType=[Number] are drawn right aligned.
4. Changed: Only stock decimal fields render with a fixed number of decimal places.
5. NEW: "Mark as Played" and "Mark as not Played" library tools to quickly set or clear the played status of a file.
6. Fixed: Cover Art download could crash in some cases (ie. after a CD Rip).
7. Fixed: Subscription recording of consecutively aired television show episodes would end up in one big recording instead of separate recordings.
8. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).

19.0.102 (1/2/2014)

1. NEW: TV season cover art is downloaded from TheTVDB.com.
2. Fixed: Handle leak in network functionality.
3. Changed: Numeric database fields are drawn right-aligned in Standard View.
4. Changed: Decimal database fields always show a fixed number of decimal places.
5. Fixed: Suggested choices in the dropdown when editing a decimal field are properly grouped, and don't show duplicate entries anymore.
6. Fixed: Downloaded Performer Store subscription tracks would sporadically show a licensing error (103).

19.0.101 (12/23/2013)

1. Changed: Added some error checking in television channel grouping GUI (for example a channel that is already in a group will not be allowed to be grouped in a new group).
2. Skinning: Action Window in skin can customize the margin below the header using ActionWindow\Template\BelowHeaderMargin (also tightened up Action Window spacing for default Noire skin).
3. Fixed: When building or editing a playlist in the Action Window, the duration column could be obscured a little if a vertical scrollbar was visible.

19.0.100 (12/20/2013)

1. Changed: Search suggestions show album artist, but only when the results differ from the artist alone (the same treatment is also applied to composer and publisher).
2. Fixed: Hauppauge Colossus video capture device did not work correctly in some cases.
3. Changed: When auto-configuring audio output, 176.4kHz will be used instead of 96kHz for DSD content when the DAC supports it.

19.0.99 (12/19/2013)

1. Changed: When importing a SACD, the file size for each track will show the size of the individual track inside the ISO instead of the size of the entire ISO.
2. Fixed: Doing 'Update Library (from tags)' was not working properly for CUE or SACD tracks.
3. Fixed: DVB subtitles on certain TV channels could still render with incorrect size and position.
4. Fixed: Facebook photo upload wasn't working.

19.0.98 (12/18/2013)

1. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks Johnny B).
2. Changed: Deleting an item in Theater View no longer resets the selection back to the beginning of the list.
3. Changed: Picking System Info from the Help menu shows Reporter (which contains all the same information and more as the old system information report).
4. Fixed: Deleting a file from the library could cause a crash in Media Network.
5. Changed: Media Network no longer attempts to serve protected files (WMA, WMV, etc.) since they lead to problems with many renderers, Gizmo, etc.

Testing build not released to the public.

19.0.96 (12/17/2013)

1. Faster: Pushing enter in the search box will execute the search immediately (previously it would execute the search but the view would update a second time shortly after, making it slower overall instead of faster).
2. Changed: Pushing tab in the search box will auto-select the first suggestion.
3. Changed: The search system adjusts how instantly the search is evaluated based on view size and performance so fast computers or smaller libraries update almost instantly, but slower computers and larger libraries wait to avoid lag from partial searches (use enter in those cases to update immediately).
4. Changed: Tightened up television time-shifting writer code, to prevent seeking problems.
5. Faster: The program is more responsive when many tabs are open.
6. Fixed: ASIO line-in playback could crash.

19.0.95 (12/16/2013)

1. Fixed: Column header clicking to sort file lists was not working in build 94.
2. Faster: Typing in the search box with large libraries is more responsive.
3. Changed: The month value for a file in the library with a date that is year-only will be an empty string instead of January.
4. Faster: The media type field no longer changes an empty media type to 'Unknown' at display time (it imparted a small performance penalty for no real-world benefit).
5. Faster: Improved search performance in the month field (which was one of the more intensive default search fields so the overall performance gain is appreciable).
6. Faster: Gets on the filename field are around 20% faster.
7. Changed: Album Artist is no longer included when offering search suggestions (since it often duplicates artist, and even when it doesn't normally doesn't contain a useful search value).

19.0.94 (12/13/2013)

1. Fixed: Playing a television recording that had not finished recording did not work in some cases since build 91.
2. Changed: While playing a television recording that has not finished recording, pressing number keys will no long show OSD message "Changing channel..." since channel changing would not take place in this case anyway.
3. Changed: Pressing Enter key right after pressing number keys (for television channel changing) will cause channel changing to take effect immediately (without the Enter key, channel changing takes effect on a timer).
4. Fixed: A crash caused by clicking on an undefined field in the database list header above the vertical scroll bar.

19.0.93 (12/12/2013)

1. Changed: Updated the Musepack decoder. The streaminfo version is the same ( version 8 ).
2. Changed: Work on Reporter.

19.0.92 (12/11/2013)

1. Fixed: The ordering of television channels within a channel group was not honored.
2. Changed: When summarizing data in a group of files, the 'Number Plays' and 'Skip Count' fields are totals instead of averages.

19.0.91 (12/10/2013)

1. Fixed: Watching a currently recording television channel could in some cases interrupt the recording, when channel substitution was involved (if channel grouping was set up).
2. Changed: When playback fails to start because the output will not accept the format, the bitdepth is no longer listed on the message (since the bitdepth is auto-configured for most outputs).
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
4. Fixed: MC could load a new tuner when watching a television channel that is currently being recorded, instead of the tuner that is doing the recording. (Only if Channel grouping is involved).
5. Changed: Media Network view reports the IP address of the source (the device making the call into Media Network).
6. Fixed: MC could fail to play a television recording that was not yet finished, displaying "No television tuner is available to fulfill your request."  (Only if Channel grouping is involved).

19.0.90 (12/9/2013)

1. Changed: Revised television channel grouping GUI.
2. Fixed: DVB Subtitles could render with an incorrect size and position.
3. NEW: Added support for Opus audio files in JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow filters).
4. Changed: The "Number Plays" field is now editable.
5. Changed: Updated Korean language file (thanks Junghwan).
6. Fixed: When using memory playback, if a large file was played that used 1GB (or more) of memory but the system was unable to allocate that much memory, a small chunk of the song could get lost during playback.
7. Fixed: Closing a file in Media Editor could crash.
8. Fixed: When double-clicking a file in Playing Now, if the file was in the list multiple times, the behavior could be incorrect.
9. Changed: When installing an updated LAV, if there's a copy of dtsdecoderdll.dll in the AppData LAV folder it will be preserved.
10. Fixed: Theater View details list were not correctly putting text for the selected audio files on two lines.
11. Changed: Put a white background on the updated checkbox images so that they work better with dark skins.

19.0.89 (12/5/2013)

1. Fixed: MC inserted PAT and PMT packets (when needed) incorrectly when recording television shows in TS format.
2. Fixed: Ogg, reading sample rate, channels, etc for database fields.
3. Fixed: Screen grabbing from video playback was not working properly.

19.0.88 (12/4/2013)

1. Fixed: If the 'Recently Acquired' playlist got moved or renamed, it could cause acquiring from a camera to not nicely show the list after it finished.
2. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
3. Changed: Updated YouTube integration to work better with recent YouTube changes.

19.0.87 (12/4/2013)

1. Changed: The JRiver ASIO driver can be enabled and disabled in Options > General > Features > ASIO Driver.
2. Changed: Carnac will use the exact filename for the Name field for images instead of a cleaned version (that might remove the date, underscores, etc.).

DoubtingThomas

Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.104 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 10:41:12 am »

3. NEW: Customize text alignment for columns in Standard View file lists by right-clicking on the column header.

I like it !!!

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 06:33:29 pm »

This is great, thanks! Is it possible for the header alignment to change as well? 
A left-aligned header with right-aligned data looks unbalanced.

4. Changed: The "Mark as (not) Played" library tools are only shown when they are useful (ie. Mark as Played only on files not played before, and vice versa).
This seems to be two separate commands, rather than one command which toggles the status of played/not played. When I use them, I see both "Mark as Played" and Mark as not Played" in the recent command list.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 06:41:45 pm »

This is great, thanks! Is it possible for the header alignment to change as well? 
Welcome to the forum, Hendrik.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 07:23:30 pm »

Welcome to the forum, Hendrik.

;D

I just want Media Center to be as good as it possibly can. No detail should be too small.

Musicman300000

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 07:24:47 pm »

With this Update! Get Album Artwork Cause The Program to Crash constantly.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 08:21:39 pm »

With this Update! Get Album Artwork Cause The Program to Crash constantly.

Do you mean Right Click --> Coverart --> Get from Internet?  (is working fine for me).  Could be worth a reboot?
JRiver CEO Elect

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 08:36:54 pm »

Agree.... welcome to the forum Hendrik...

JohanJooste

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 02:00:07 am »

Morning guys all the best to you and families for 2014.

Thank you for the latest version of MC - have found an issue though.

When ripping a new CD only the first track is tagged with album art and not all as
with previous versions of MC. Please could you guys have a look and advise.

Regards

Johan Jooste

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 02:22:17 am »

I bet we'll find someone that likes the headers to stay the way they are. Any takers? :)

This seems to be two separate commands, rather than one command which toggles the status of played/not played. When I use them, I see both "Mark as Played" and Mark as not Played" in the recent command list.

Of course they are, since they do different things. If you select a list of files with mixed tags you can also still get both shown.
You can even get both shown on one file if it has a bookmark but Number Plays is 0, one will simply clear the bookmark, and one will increment Number Plays.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 02:46:31 am »

I bet we'll find someone that likes the headers to stay the way they are. Any takers? :)
Yes, but they would be wrong… ;)

Of course they are, since they do different things. If you select a list of files with mixed tags you can also still get both shown.
You can even get both shown on one file if it has a bookmark but Number Plays is 0, one will simply clear the bookmark, and one will increment Number Plays.
I mean, I suppose that's true, but I can't think of another application that splits them up this way.
Media Center is all about giving people options though, so having both makes sense I suppose.

Would it be possible to also hide them from the recent commands list then? (I suppose this means tracking more than the visible number of commands)

romanzelka

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 03:04:07 am »

hello!settings -stop after each item-is not automathically saved after i close player,unfortunately i must have been something ,because before it was working perfectly.so now when i open my player  in funktion -repeat-is always on -play again-instead on stop after each...!many,many thanks for your help!

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 07:10:52 am »

About this, can it be extend to the thumbnail view, because this is going a interesting thing. For some time i struggle to find a way to put the text in a way that to be from one point but not any success, maybe now with this addition it can be done, just hope.

9aul

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 06:48:46 pm »

software hangs when playing .mp4 video over network, other video types work and .mp4 works locally

been having problems with auto import not discovering new files, does most of the time then will miss one for no apparent reason, which is found by manually running auto import

season artwork is not getting added automatically when items are added with auto import - not sure if this is supposed to be automatic, but would be nice if it was

many thanks

9aul

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 06:54:23 pm »

oh and one more thing that has been bugging me for a while:
there was/is a pause bug; when pausing a video with the remote, if the video was left paused for more than a minute or two it would not play again, meaning you would have to stop and re-start the video
not sure if this has been fixed recently as haven't tried it for a little while

thanks again

Paul

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 08:23:21 pm »

software hangs when playing .mp4 video over network, other video types work and .mp4 works locally

When you say playing .mp4 over the network, do you mean
- Gizmo from Library Server
- MC Client from Library Server (and with or without Tools --> Options --> Media Network --> Client Options --> Play local file.....
- DLNA Client from Library Server
- MC just playing a MP4 file that is on a Network Drive

You may want to start a separate thread.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 08:24:24 pm »

oh and one more thing that has been bugging me for a while:
there was/is a pause bug; when pausing a video with the remote, if the video was left paused for more than a minute or two it would not play again, meaning you would have to stop and re-start the video
not sure if this has been fixed recently as haven't tried it for a little while

I've not seen this issue so you may want to check again.
JRiver CEO Elect

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 08:45:48 pm »

Incidentally, the wording on this:

Removing the Settings (which is called "Removing the Registry Entries" in the uninstaller)

Is inconsistent.  Other places (and commonly on the forum), such as the Restore Library Backup dialog, the distinction is called "Settings" explicitly.

It's also not technically correct either, because Auto-Import settings are stored in the Registry, but they DO follow the Library (I tested this recently in pretty decent detail).

Low hanging fruit for a build fix there.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 02:35:02 am »

This will be fixed in an upcoming build, sorry for the troubles!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

HiFiTubes

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 11:21:58 am »

File list sorting won't stick, old bug that come back now and again, click Track column and switch Tiles...sorting reverts to something else.

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 04:20:44 pm »

Any chance of getting the new LAV Filters (0.60.1) in the next release?

thanks,
Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Software: JRiver MC 26.0.22, AnyDVD HD 8.4.4.0
Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 14.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 31)
Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds
Sub: Dual Rythmik Audio FV15HP
TV Tuner: HD HomeRun Prime

mindblanking

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 05:26:17 pm »

Just noticed this:

19.0.99 (12/19/2013)

1. Changed: When importing a SACD, the file size for each track will show the size of the individual track inside the ISO instead of the size of the entire ISO.

It says importing SACD... you mean the redbook layer of a hybrid, right?  JRiver doesn't actually rip SACD as DSD Tracks, does it?

Thanks!

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 09:56:56 pm »

Ripping to a single file plus cue generates a corrupt cuesheet.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 10:50:28 pm »

CROSSFADES and REMOVE SILENCE are not working when applying DSP to CD burns.

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 10:53:26 pm »

Just noticed this: 19.0.99 (12/19/2013) 1. Changed: When importing a SACD, the file size for each track will show the size of the individual track inside the ISO instead of the size of the entire ISO.

It says importing SACD... you mean the redbook layer of a hybrid, right?  JRiver doesn't actually rip SACD as DSD Tracks, does it?

It applies to SACD ISO files that are being imported. The only way I know of to rip the SACD layer of a disc and create these files, is to use a modified PlayStation 3.
There are no drives for computers that will rip the SACD layer.

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2014, 03:23:36 pm »

In the tagging window.... and tabbing through the fields.

When I tab into the Bitrate field, the numeric value is highlighted, pressing tab again removes the highlight and puts the cursor at the end of the data in the bitrate field, tabbing again, finally moves to the next field.

A bit more info...  this only happens when all of the bitrates are the same.  If it says [varies] then the strange tabbing does not occur.

audioriver

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2014, 05:10:46 pm »

This happens for quite some time now: when I open a YouTube window and get asked about what I want to do, ticking "keep using this answer..." never works. This action is never remembered. I select "Play the file inside the player" but for the next video, it shows the webpage.
Windows 10 Pro x64

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2014, 05:55:15 pm »

Converting Flac to mp3, MC often fails to change the dialog from "Cancel" to "Close" once conversion has completed.

If I click "Details" I can see that all the files show as completed, so why hasn't the dialog changed to show it is safe to close the conversion pane without losing any conversions mid-stream?
. . . the game is rigged

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2014, 05:56:57 pm »

Folder.jpg

It's there right in the same folder, yet MC either fails to use it or uses another image from within the folder instead (unless I first use "Cover Art: Paste from Clipboard")
Using "Get Cover Art from Internet" offers other choices but not the Folder.jpg as one of the choices.
. . . the game is rigged

9aul

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2014, 08:31:30 pm »

When you say playing .mp4 over the network, do you mean
- Gizmo from Library Server
- MC Client from Library Server (and with or without Tools --> Options --> Media Network --> Client Options --> Play local file.....
- DLNA Client from Library Server
- MC just playing a MP4 file that is on a Network Drive

You may want to start a separate thread.

Thanks
Nathan

Thanks for the response - it was the second option, but looks like it has been reproduced so should be sorted in time.

This will be fixed in an upcoming build, sorry for the troubles!

Thanks, looking forward to the fix.

9aul

• Recent member
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2014, 08:40:04 pm »

I've not seen this issue so you may want to check again.

Tried this again tonight and is definitely still there on my system and has been for a while now (most of JR 19). I did wonder if it has something to do with the interaction between JR and the screen saver that I have set, as am viewing on a plasma screen. After pressing stop to get out of the paused state I just get a blank screen so requires a restart of JR. I have learnt to just not pause a video and use stop instead, but obviously not ideal.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2014, 08:48:06 pm »

I stopped using Windows screen saver as it seems to change the video setting which was causing me issues.
JRiver CEO Elect

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2014, 01:29:04 am »

Bug: DLNA server won't play certain WMV files

see http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85723.0

The version 104 of MC19 using a new version of FFMPEG did not fix this issue.

Don W

• World Citizen
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2014, 11:24:56 am »

Crash report... In display view, open visualization studio with the current visualization. Save it (File->Save). Close visualization studio. Attempt to select a different visualization. MC crashes.

Don W

• World Citizen
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2014, 11:28:52 am »

In Visualization Studio, the PeakHeight of a Spectrum Analyzer is ignored when it is not mirrored.

timber715

• Recent member
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2014, 03:59:11 pm »

When playing dsd 64 which is in a playlist together with other formats commonly flacs is fine. But the next song plays a high pitch tone. Using mc19.0.104... It happened starting the 19.0.100 update. Previous updates did not have that problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up