INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purchased MC19 but "error restoring MC license"  (Read 2391 times)

robert pitz

Purchased MC19 but "error restoring MC license"
« on: February 08, 2014, 04:18:05 pm »

Just upgraded to MC19 from 17.  Received new registration code but clicking on it gives the following message: "Error restoring Media Center license. Unknown error".  Any ideas on how to get this working? 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Purchased MC19 but "error restoring MC license"
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 04:27:37 pm »

robert pitz

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 05:10:25 pm »

I just tried restoring the Registration Code on the restore page.  Still getting the same message. I also now have multiple copies of the MC19 program listed in the download folder but none wants to install. Seem to be going around in circles.

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 07:32:13 am »

install MC19 - download from here if you havent already http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/stable/MediaCenter190108.exe and run it.
then use one of your license files (ending in .mjr) to update mc19 to registered.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 08:52:38 am »

When you execute the download file, does it fail to install?

If so, you may have a problem with antivirus software on your machine.

robert pitz

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 11:56:16 am »

Thanks so much-finally works.  Turned off antivirus first and then used the download location you provided.  Worked like a charm.  I will post later on about how it sounds but am looking forward to the DSD on the fly feature.  Won't be able to listen until tomorrow-have an Audio Society meeting to attend this afternoon.  Again, thanks for sticking with this until it worked for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up