INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.118 -- Available Here  (Read 11516 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 19.0.118 -- Available Here
« on: February 20, 2014, 01:44:40 pm »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190118.exe

Please use the Problems and Questions thread if you need help.

19.0.118 (2/18/2014)

1. Changed: In television signal OSD, "Strength" is renamed to "Quality" because that is what it actually is.
2. Fixed: Theater View Skins with a video background could cause Theater View to hang or crash.
3. Changed: Added the "mk3d" file association for MKV files with 3D content.
4. Fixed: Video conversion and streaming of WMV files was not working properly.
5. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
6. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
7. Fixed: Converting a compound audio file (WAV/ISO + CUE) with "Replace original file" set would delete the original file after the first track finished, and fail converting all other tracks.
8. Fixed: Using a "|" character in an expression in the "Customize Display" dialog in Standard View caused the expression to be cut-off.
9. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
10. Fixed: MC would not wake up to do television recordings if the computer was put to sleep through Theater view's "System Sleep, Shutdown, & More..." menu.
11. Changed: Added a frequency entry in the satellite frequency table for 28.2° East satellite, and modified a few existing entries.
12. Changed: Hardware Accelerated Decoding for TV should now behave similar to file playback.

19.0.117 (2/14/2014)

1. Fixed: The Display Settings changer didn't properly set 24 or 60 Hz resolutions on Windows 8 or 8.1, always resulting in 23 or 59 Hz instead.
2. Changed: The Custom Display Settings changer configuration lists the available modes in a hierarchical fashion instead of a long list, for easier access.
3. Fixed: In television Guide in Theater view, moving down the guide grid from the last row would wrap over to the second row instead of the first row.
4. Fixed: Punctuation or Numbers could draw in the wrong position in Right-to-Left scripts like Hebrew or Arabic.
5. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
6. Changed: When scheduling television recordings, the conflict warning message will include name, channel, and start time of the conflicting programs.
7. Fixed: Interface Plug-ins were broken in 19.0.116 and could cause MC to crash.

19.0.116 (2/12/2014)

1. NEW: MC supports importing videos with XBMC metadata contained in .nfo files.
2. Changed: Video playback option "Enable Automatic Display Settings changing" is changed to a drop list of three selectable modes: Off, On, and Custom.  Custom corresponds to the old "checkbox checked" mode, On is a new automatic mode.
3. Changed: Added a "sorting mode" combo box on television channel-to-xmltv match window, to make it easier to do manual match.
4. Changed: Disabled DXVA2 Native Hardware Acceleration in Red October HQ due to stability issues (affects mostly AMD users).
5. Changed: Media subtype of television recordings will be set to "Movie" or "TV Show" according to the info available in guide data.
6. Fixed: The MCWS/v1/File/SetInfo function did not properly handle double quotes in string values when using the List=CSV mode.
7. Changed: Pressing the "i" button on an MC remote control while a television channel is showing will cause the OSD to cycle through three modes: position bar, current/next program title, and program description (provided that the OSD menu is not showing at the time).

19.0.115 (2/6/2014)

1. Changed: Revised how DirectShow handles Stop/Play to increase stability when skipping to the next file.
2. Changed: The Subtitles -> Browse... option is always available, not only when subtitles are already present.
3. Changed: DLNA Mimetypes for dff,dsf,sacd for compatibility with Oppo (and others hopefully).
4. Fixed: SACD ISOs were always detected with external changes and their metadata re-imported during auto-import, overwriting any changes in the library.
5. NEW: Added support for Hauppauge HD PVR 2 for video capture.

19.0.114 (2/3/2014)

1. Fixed: HLS segments could incorrectly start on a non-key frame, causing playback breakups on some devices.
2. Fixed: Seeking in a HLS stream could result in playing from a wrong position.
3. NEW: Added new TVInfo() expressions IsTVChannel and ChannelProgramNow.

19.0.113 (1/31/2014)

1. NEW: Support for streaming video to Gizmo using HTTP Live Streaming.
2. Changed: GoPro Cineform decoder added to Custom video mode whitelist.
3. Fixed: Scanning for STB television channels did not work because the analog device channels list was not properly populated.
4. Fixed: When recording ATSC television shows in TS format data for multiple channels in the same transport could be erroneously saved, resulting in multiple videos in the same file, which sometimes could confuse video players.

Testing build not released to the public.

19.0.111 (1/29/2014)

1. Fixed: When playing a video file, pressing down arrow did not show Playing Now OSD.
2. Changed: XML-based Office documents are imported as Data Files, in addition to the "classic" Office documents.
3. Fixed: Added list member null checking to file stacks code.  MC was crashing on running stack error checking.
4. NEW: In television playback, while OSD is showing program names under "Programs", pressing the "info" (or "i") button on the  remote causes MC to display the description of the current program.
5. Fixed: MC could crash when using Hardware Accelerated video decoding with Red October HQ on some systems.

19.0.110 (1/25/2014)

1. Changed: When recording a television show in TS format, MC will use buffering to reduce the number of IO hits.  This should fix the video quality issue in television shows recorded in TS format.
2. Fixed: Subtitles were always shown in the last few builds, even if configured not to.
3. Fixed: Subtitle stream names in the Theater View OSD were not always properly shortened.

19.0.109 (1/23/2014)

1. Fixed: Playback of AIFF files with unknown 'chunk' types over library server would fail to play.
2. Changed: The television channels lists in "Group Channels" and "Edit Channel List" tools can now be sorted by clicking the Channels list header.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
4. Changed: MC will try to determine the television tuner type (ATSC, DVB-T/S/C) by scanning the device name for keywords if the user has not configured the type.  This will not work for all devices.
5. Fixed: Transcoding Video to specific dimensions could crash.
6. Fixed: H264 Video Transcoding profiles could exceed their intended bitrate targets.

19.0.108 (1/17/2014)

1. Fixed: Potential crashes in BufferingInternetReader. Seen on Mac when playing high-def files with memory playback on Library Server clients.
2. NEW: Option to add channel number in front of channel name when scanning for television channels.  The default is to add.  This only affects DVB channels as most other types of channels already add a number in the name (now it is optional for all channel types).
3. Changed: DXVA2 Hardware Accelerated video decoding is used in RO HQ when no other acceleration options are available (on AMD graphics cards and older Intel graphics chips).
4. Fixed: Loading images for Theater View Media Slideshow from Google was broken since October, due to a change in Google's website.
5. NEW: Television channels in standard view can be sorted.  Click the channel list header repeatedly to sort by different parameters (by Name as is, by Name disregarding the number in front, by Channel Number, by channel type).

19.0.107 (1/15/2014)

1. Fixed: MP4 files would hang when played on a Library Server Client without direct file access.
2. Fixed: MC behaved badly when user dismissed the popup window that told the user that MC was currently recording a different television channel than what the user wanted to watch.
3. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.60.1 (primarily fixes for playback issues of a few Blu-ray discs, and decoding improvements for DTS audio)
4. Fixed: Seeking in videos streamed from a library server with video conversion active did not work.
5. Fixed: Album Cover Art was mistakenly only applied to the first file of an album in the last couple builds.

19.0.104 (1/9/2014)

1. Changed: "Favorite Channels" and "Hidden Channels" attributes can be set on "Edit Channel List..." window, where you can select multiple television channels and then click buttons to set them all at once.
2. Changed: "Delete All Channels" button on "Edit Channel List..." window is removed as it is not needed.
3. NEW: Customize text alignment for columns in Standard View file lists by right-clicking on the column header.
4. Changed: The "Mark as (not) Played" library tools are only shown when they are useful (ie. Mark as Played only on files not played before, and vice versa).
5. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
6. Fixed: "Hidden channels" and "Favorite channels" drop lists were not updated after scanning television channels, or after running "Group channels" tool.
7. Changed: Updated the FFmpeg version used for transcoding.
8. NEW: Option to populate "Channel Number" field when scanning for television channels, if such number can be found or constructed.
9. Changed: MC will not treat different audio streams on the same DVB service as separate channels when scanning for channels, and will ignore any service without a name (instead of using "(null)" as name).
10. NEW: On scanning for DVB television channels, MC will add a "DVB-T2/S2/C2" flag to indicate that a channel is or is not a T2/S2/C2 channel.  On tuner device configuration, a checkbox is added to indicate whether a tuner is capable of tuning to T2/S2/C2 channels.
11. Changed: Standard television view will list guide data for 24 hours per page, instead of 18 hours.
12. Fixed: Television channel scanning wizard did not show all option controls for scanning STB channels because the wizard window was too small.
13. Changed: Minor changes on "Edit Channel List" dialog window.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.118 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 01:46:30 pm »

1. Changed: In television signal OSD, "Strength" is renamed to "Quality" because that is what it actually is.
Please see this thread for Yaobing's description of signal quality.

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 01:46:55 pm »

10. Fixed: MC would not wake up to do television recordings if the computer was put to sleep through Theater view's "System Sleep, Shutdown, & More..." menu.

FANTASTIC!  :)  :) :)

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 02:31:45 pm »

Thanks guys for updating !

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 11:21:16 am »

well build 118 has fixed all my issues

theater view crashing
bbc freesat channels missing.

Thanks very much for your continued fantastic support JRiver team

Don W

• World Citizen
Learned remote commands fail after login with Remote Desktop
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 06:14:49 pm »

I have MC "learn" a few commands from the remote for easily switching zones and toggling theater view (the green button on my older Gyration remote doesn't work otherwise.) This all works great normally. But if I log into the HTPC from another computer with Remote Desktop Connection, then terminate that connection by logging in on the local computer, those learned commands no longer work. It is strange because in the settings UI they still SHOW the same learned values. If I go ahead and re-learn the commands, they will work again. They also work again if I re-boot the computer. (But not if I just close MC. Haven't tried shutting all MC processes with Task Manager.)

Windows 8.1. Here's a sample command code: 0C16_0002_060D00

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 05:41:23 am »

Not sure if this is an issue with the current version or all previous version too, but here go's..

When connecting to a library server from a MC client over the internet and using Video Transcoding (H264 TS Medium) the video playback will 'stick' when it reaches the end of the file, it appears to repeat the last frame or something over and over and the Audio is akin to that of a stuck CD. When pressing stop the client will hang for a while and then go back to normal operation.
The same behaviour is shown when cueing up multiple video files such as a TV Series, it will stick at the end of the file until 'next' is pressed where it will hang for a while and eventually move onto the next file.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 09:23:15 am »

Not sure if this is an issue with the current version or all previous version too, but here go's..

When connecting to a library server from a MC client over the internet and using Video Transcoding (H264 TS Medium) the video playback will 'stick' when it reaches the end of the file, it appears to repeat the last frame or something over and over and the Audio is akin to that of a stuck CD. When pressing stop the client will hang for a while and then go back to normal operation.
The same behaviour is shown when cueing up multiple video files such as a TV Series, it will stick at the end of the file until 'next' is pressed where it will hang for a while and eventually move onto the next file.

This should be fixed in an upcoming build. There may still be a minimal delay when it reaches the end of the file, because it needs to make sure its really at the end and not just experiencing a slow connection, but it shouldn't be more then a second or so.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

stewart_pk

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 07:06:05 pm »

SHOUTCAST does not work in Theater View.

rec head

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 06:25:02 pm »

I don't know what happened but my library became corrupt. I could not even run MC. I had to uninstall and re-install and use the previous backup. It is working fine now. I am just letting you guys know.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 09:22:37 am »

Not sure if this has been reported before, but I didn't immediately find a previous bug report when I searched. 

Most MC views report  the total size of files included in that view at the bottom of the screen.  Views containing Particles falsely count each particle as though it were the full file that it's partitioned out of.  So a view showing five particles each made out of the same 5gb file shows 25gb at the bottom of the screen; windows only reports 5gb of actual disk use for the files shown in that view. 

It seems to affect every kind of file size-type calculation MC does, including disk usage in the reporter feature.  Not a big deal, but I wanted to mention it in case it hadn't been reported yet.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 07:34:29 pm »

Can't delete thumbs.db

1. Open files externally from MC
2. Step up one folder, and delete selected folder.
3. Files delete but thumbs.db can't be deleted (folder remains)

Repeat process above but close MC before deleting folder, and folder can be deleted.

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 01:05:28 am »

Maybe an old bug, but I just noticed:

When you 'walk' through your list by typing a title/artist or with your arrow-keys the item you then select isn't focused properly. Because of that the so called 'right-click' Windows button doesn't function (the button with the most used functions beneath it). In order to get this button working you have to click the file with the mouse as well.

Hope you understand what I mean and that you can solve this bug. Would save me a lot of time when editing items.
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 01:57:23 am »

Can't delete thumbs.db

1. Open files externally from MC
2. Step up one folder, and delete selected folder.
3. Files delete but thumbs.db can't be deleted (folder remains)

Repeat process above but close MC before deleting folder, and folder can be deleted.

thumbs.db is a thing from Windows Explorer, not MC.
I'm not certain why closing MC helps, but the file isn't used by MC.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 10:56:10 am »

Bug: 2xDSD files output using DoP (1x) encoding are very distorted.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 11:18:39 am »

Analyze files split.
Pages: [1]   Go Up