INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.125 -- Available Here  (Read 12532 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 19.0.125 -- Available Here
« on: April 03, 2014, 05:51:17 pm »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190125.exe

19.0.125 (4/3/2014)

1. Fixed: When user presses Left or Right arrow in television guide in Theater view, super long (24 hours for example) programs could not be selected (and the selection would stay at the adjacent program on the same row).
2. Fixed: JRSS downmixing could result in audio clipping due to the Peak Levels change in 19.0.122, which has been reverted.
3. Fixed: JRSS did not use energy neutral downmixing for the LFE channel.
4. Fixed: MC did not properly fallback to thumbnails if the full resolution artwork was not found (in Theater View et al.).
5. Fixed: When recording consecutive television shows on the same channel, the second recording might not be completed as the system might go to sleep.
6. Changed: JRSS pseudo surround detection (2 channel in multi-channel container) supports detecting 2 channel in 7.1 container as well.
7. Fixed: WASAPI exclusive mode was not working with 5.1 audio on some audio devices which expect the old 5.1 channel arrangement.
8. Changed: Updated Korean language file (thanks Junghwan).
9. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Configuration/Audio/ListDevices, SetDevice, GetDevice commands to control the active output device.
10. Fixed: COM interface leak when handling certain analog video capture devices with hardware-encoding (Colossus, HDPVR, etc.).
11. Fixed: Multiple Hauppauge Colossus video capture devices could not run simultaneously.
12. Changed: Added DVB-T frequency table for Taiwan.

19.0.124 (3/25/2014)

1. Fixed: SRT/Text subtitles inside MKV video files did not honor their duration.
2. Fixed: MC could crash in Theater View when "Start from beginning" is used to clear a bookmark and a zone switch occurs.
3. Fixed: Recording television shows in TS format resulted in high CPU usage since build 19.0.110.
4. Changed: MC will remember the last valid IP for an Access Key, in case the Access Key WebService is unreachable.
5. Changed: Re-worded the message after running "Update Library (from tags)" to clarify that it counts all processed files, not only files with actual changes.
6. Fixed: The screensaver could not be disabled by key-presses in Theater View in 19.0.123.
7. Changed: MC allows network connectivity to be restored before attempting to sync to a library server after returning from standby.
8. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
9. Fixed: When user presses up or down arrow in television guide in Theater view, super long (12 hours or 24 hours for example) programs would be skipped over.

19.0.123 (3/19/2014)

1. Fixed: Some television recordings from Window Media Center (wtv files) would have no sound.
2. Changed: Added "Setup IR Emitter for STB channels" tool on Televison property page.
3. Fixed: MC could crash when performing Library Sync with a Library Server Client.
4. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
5. Changed: MC tries to protect the input focus more aggressively in Theater View and Display View.
6. Fixed: The syntax of the UPnP/DLNA NOTIFY message with multiple properties was not correct.
7. Changed: Using Left/Right-Arrow in the Playing Now OSD will always switch to the next/previous file.
8. Fixed: When scanning for DVB channels, the GUI was not updated unless there was a lock on a frequency.  This created a false impression of MC hanging.

19.0.122 (3/12/2014)

1. Fixed: JRSS Downmixing was not working when playing 5.1 audio with Channels set to "2 channels (inside 7.1 channel container)"
2. Fixed: JRSS Downmixing did not properly take Peak Levels into account, causing the downmix to become quieter than required.
3. Fixed: Detaching the display view caused the embedded browser to lose focus when interacting with the website.
4. Fixed: The Services -> Amazon link to the MP3-Store was pointing to the wrong page for Germany/France/UK.
5. Fixed: The RAW image decoding cache is refreshed if a RAW image has external changes or "Update Library (from tags)" is used.
6. Changed: Set-top box IR blaster setup is no longer part of Remote Control setup wizard as the new STB model is not quite compatible with the rest of the wizard.
7. Fixed: Some text was not properly displayed in the Remote Control wizard.
8. Fixed: Some tranlation issues in the Remote Control wizard.
9. Fixed: Some bad Chinese translation in the Remote Control wizard.
10. Fixed: MC could crash when requesting full resolution thumbnails over MCWS in the last couple versions.

19.0.121 (3/8/2014)

1. Fixed: Audio Streams using LPCM or E-AC3 were showing "unknown codec" in the Compression field.
2. Fixed: Video files without audio mistakenly had a "audio: unknown codec" in the Compression field.
3. Fixed: The "Subtitles" page in the OSD was shown even when no subtitles are available.
4. Fixed: Handling a corrupt FLAC file could cause import, analysis and playback to hang.
5. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.61.1.
6. Fixed: Playback of NTSC DVDs and DVD rips was not smooth on some systems.
7. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
8. Fixed: Converting 2xDSD to 1xDSD caused the audio to become distorted.
9. NEW: MC's TV supports multiple Set Top Boxes (STB)Instructions

19.0.120 (3/4/2014)

1. Fixed: Importing a playlist would clear the "Image File" field for files with embedded cover art.
2. Fixed: Some television recordings recorded on the same channel consecutively in jtv format would not have correct duration and starting position when played on client computers.
3. Fixed: Some television recordings recorded on the same channel consecutively in jtv format would take an extremely long time to start on client computers.
4. Changed: R128 volume leveling will use the average album gain instead of the gain of the loudest track for a more consistent volume level (with an additional peak clipping check).
5. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
6. Fixed: Importing .mts files in a AVCHD folder structure did not work.
7. Changed: Auto-Import "Fix broken links" is smarter when tracking renamed and moved files.
8. Fixed: The Import dialog could hang on close on systems with a lot of drives and media locations.
9. Fixed: The Convert Format tool was not working with SACD audio files.
10. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
11. Fixed: 4 Channel Quadraphonic output over WASAPI was not working on some audio devices.
12. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.61 (a lot of fixes for DXVA2 hardware acceleration).
13. Changed: Hardware accelerated decoding on Intel iGPU's uses DXVA2 decoding instead of the QuickSync decoder when possible.
14. Changed: DTS-HD audio tracks are identified as DTS-HD in the Compression field.

gappie

Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.125 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 05:35:11 am »

4. Fixed: MC did not properly fallback to thumbnails if the full resolution artwork was not found (in Theater View et al.).

thank you :) looks good again.

:)
gab

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 05:56:00 am »

If I get High Resolution Music Album Art and artist images Like :

http://xxx:52199/MCWS/v1/Browse/Image?ID=1101&Width=427&Height=427&Pad=1&Format=jpg&Square=1&Token=AnEtUx7A&FillTransparency=F9F9F9

Then Media Center Crashes a lot (not always).

It looks like if I try Height/Width =400, then there is no crash?
It looks like if I try Height/Width =410, then there is a crash?

Marcel

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 06:33:58 am »

If I get High Resolution Music Album Art and artist images Like :

http://xxx:52199/MCWS/v1/Browse/Image?ID=1101&Width=427&Height=427&Pad=1&Format=jpg&Square=1&Token=AnEtUx7A&FillTransparency=F9F9F9

Then Media Center Crashes a lot (not always).

It looks like if I try Height/Width =400, then there is no crash?
It looks like if I try Height/Width =410, then there is a crash?

Please post a crash dump if the problem persist, I'm not quite sure how it would crash on those images anymore, to be honest, we made the thumbnail retrieving quite a bit more stable recently.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 06:59:37 am »

Crashdump >HERE<

note that before, there was crashing for movie posters.
They seem to be fine now.
The problem is now related to audio art (artist images/album covers)

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 07:58:28 am »

Crashdump >HERE<

note that before, there was crashing for movie posters.
They seem to be fine now.
The problem is now related to audio art (artist images/album covers)

Thanks for the log, found the problem.
That was one odd special case to be honest. :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 08:01:52 am »

Thanks  :)

gappie

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 08:28:51 am »

contrary to what i stated above, its not 'repaired'. mc falls back to the thumbnails when a disk is of (artwork not found) but when going through a bunch of covers it always crashes. when the artwork is found (disk is on) it does not happen...

i attached a log file. :)

thanks
gab

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 08:30:08 am »

Sounds like the same issue mhwlng reported above.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

gappie

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 08:40:09 am »

Sounds like the same issue mhwlng reported above.
ok. :)
but with me it has nothing to do with audio. it are the same covers for videos who were gone in the past build, that are crashing now.
ofcourse the fix can be the same.. will test with new build. 8)

gab

nuke2000

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 03:20:22 pm »

Actually, it doesn't see to matter if media is online either. My coverart is disappearing when in focus even when media is online.

contrary to what i stated above, its not 'repaired'. mc falls back to the thumbnails when a disk is of (artwork not found) but when going through a bunch of covers it always crashes. when the artwork is found (disk is on) it does not happen...

i attached a log file. :)

thanks
gab

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 08:32:13 pm »

The pseudo-tag Format in the Tag Action Window incorrectly always includes the text "audio not analyzed".
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 08:38:57 am »

Using "Rename File From Properties" to rename files to a new location, MC shows an error message that it was unable to save the tags advising that I check the files exist and are not read-only. (They do exist and are not read-only)

Upon repeating the rename, MC's rename from properties dialog shows there are no changes to be made. (Indicating that in spite of the error dialog previously displayed, the files actually were successfully moved/saved/renamed/tagged)

Using "Update file tags from library" MC is able to complete this action with no error dialogs (read-only, file existing dialog not shown)

Using a 3rd party program to check the files MC renamed but claimed to be unable to save tags to, the tags do show correctly once again indicating that MC had successfully moved/saved/renamed/tagged in spite of the error dialog stating otherwise.
. . . the game is rigged

Transilium

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 01:26:02 pm »

What version of j.river 19 work ok?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2014, 04:20:27 pm »

What version of JRiver 19 work ok?

Your question isn't worded well but I'd suggest you review the advice here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Updates

Also, for future, these threads are dedicated to bug reports. For other queries, you should start a new thread. Helps keep information neat and tidy.

If the above doesn't answer your question, please start another thread including appropriate detail.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

dean70

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 08:18:27 pm »

Randomly crashing out in the middle of audio playback. Could crash after playing for a couple of hours or could be within 30 mins. Cannot pin it down to any particular track or format. Simply relaunching MC and restarting playback of the same track is fine  ?

Has done this for the last few releases. Occurred on my Windows 7 build and still does the same on the new Server 2012 build. Seems to be only related to playing audio. It has never occurred when watching a movie through the same audio device.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 08:28:31 pm »

For info, I had an AppCrash.

At the time of the crash, MC was engaged in audio playback over the local network via webgizmo. Playback stopped, so brought up the MC GUI to troubleshoot and re-establish playback. During that process, MC crashed.

Logs and system info available here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/czqg2kdbchjr777/201404Apr06%20AppCrash.zip

EDIT:
Just happened again. Audio playing to HDMI. Have checked "Disable display from turning off" in Playback Options ...

Also, is this a freakish coincidence with dean70 or is there something more sinister afoot?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2014, 09:16:59 pm »

Youtube is broken again, ctrl-click does not bring up menu options for play/add/download
. . . the game is rigged

Transilium

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2014, 04:37:57 am »

Start button keyboard dont work switching modern ui-desktop on full screen visualizations.JRiver 121 work ok.

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2014, 05:05:57 am »

I've been having some issues with focus being lost when entering fullscreen with the last few versions - but only when playback is started for the first time after MC was launched.
It seems to be related to the "Move mouse to edge of screen for controls..." message that is displayed.

While that message is on-screen I am able to control Media Center, but as soon as it disappears I'm unable to control MC without clicking on the window first.
As you can probably imagine, this is quite frustrating - especially when using a remote to control the program.

After I have used fullscreen mode the first time, this message is no longer displayed when entering fullscreen mode, so MC remains in focus until I quit and relaunch it again.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2014, 05:45:12 am »

Please, help me, one more time, my dears ! I have a big problem.

Two weeks ago, my PC crashed and all my files and softwares were lost as my MC 19 purchased on 2013-07-15 (upgrade for 18,98 dollars).

With my new PC, I downloaded and installed MC 19 ... But in version to purchase !

I used the "official" way to recover my licences : JRiver sent my licences for MC15, MC16, MC17, MC18 but nothing for MC19 !

How do I to recouver my Licence MC19 ?

Thanks, Dears     !

Amicalement

Jean-Marc

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2014, 06:53:37 am »

New Vermaje,
Please use this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88561.msg607346#msg607346

The answer is the same.

Thanks.

lakebilly

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2014, 07:40:59 am »

Youtube is broken again, ctrl-click does not bring up menu options for play/add/download

I'm seeing that YouTube does not work in theater view if you are signed in.  If you sign out, it seems to work just fine.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2014, 06:57:27 am »

Restauration Licence
All is ok now
Merci beaucoup, Jim H.

ogs

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2014, 03:03:09 am »

Update from MC does not pick up .125. Says latest version 19.0.124 is already installed...
Readynas Ultra 2 Plus - Audiolense 4.13XO - MC 21 DLNA & DSP - upmpdcli/MPD - UpTone Regen - Devialet 250

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2014, 03:41:16 am »

Update from MC does not pick up .125. Says latest version 19.0.124 is already installed...

+1
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

gappie

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2014, 04:14:06 am »

it has been removed from automatic update http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88607.0

gab

ogs

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2014, 08:05:14 am »

it has been removed from automatic update http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88607.0

gab

Thanks, that explains it!
Readynas Ultra 2 Plus - Audiolense 4.13XO - MC 21 DLNA & DSP - upmpdcli/MPD - UpTone Regen - Devialet 250

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2014, 12:07:05 pm »

(copy/pasted from earlier posts, but the bug's still there)

When you 'walk' through your list by typing a title/artist or with your arrow-keys the item you then select isn't focused properly. Because of that the so called 'right-click' Windows button doesn't function (the button with the most used functions beneath it). In order to get this button working you have to click the file with the mouse as well.
The first time it does what it's supposed to do, but from then on it's wrong.

Hope you understand what I mean and that you can solve this bug. Would save me a lot of time when editing items.
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios
Pages: [1]   Go Up