INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRshellext.dll error, madvr not loading ?  (Read 2292 times)

Ekpen

• Citizen of the Universe
JRshellext.dll error, madvr not loading ?
« on: May 18, 2014, 03:57:55 pm »

MC 19.0.134:

Windows 8 just finished updating, then I tried to play a movie. To my surprise, using automatic setting, All I got was "Enhanced video renderer, which was highlighted. Other Lav Filter settings were greyed out. I have in my setting ROHQ. In the past while playing a movie, Madvr will be available. This time Madvr is not there.

I also noticed my RAID external Box -Mediasonic with Esata/USB 3.0 will get disconnected from the network. This occured three times back to back.

I thought the RAID Box was defective, or one of the four drives has crashed.
I checked the device manager if I have a defective USB driver, everthing was fine.
Then I ran Norton 360 scan, it was here Norton 360 pointed at corrupt MC19.exe and also the JRShellext.dll.
Each time I tried to play a movie either directly from the PC, or via Gizmo, the movie being played will just disconnects, and dropped me inside Window's "File Explorer".

At times, I have to reload the movie a couple of times before the movie plays to the end.

Another error or glitch, I have experienced thus far, the cover arts get deleted at random. This behavior was also noticed with  previous version.

As a result of these glitches, my "Restore Point" on my PC was wiped out, and my theater view customization not useable. I am back to Theater view default setting again, loosing all of Glynor's and MrC's customs setting.

Any help on how to fix these glitches will be appreciated.

Thanks.

George

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRshellext.dll error, madvr not loading ?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 04:14:17 pm »

I don't think these are MC problems.  Norton itself could be the problem.  It may be blocking MC.

Uninstall Norton (to test), reboot, and reinstall MC.

MC makes automatic backups.  You might be able to restore one.

Ekpen

Re: JRshellext.dll error, madvr not loading ?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 08:27:40 pm »

I don't think these are MC problems.  Norton itself could be the problem.  It may be blocking MC.

Uninstall Norton (to test), reboot, and reinstall MC.

MC makes automatic backups.  You might be able to restore one.

Madvr loads fine now. It was as you noted Norton 360 that messed this up.
I have to ask Norton to "allow" Madvr instead of "automatic" within the Norton setup.
I hope to completely uninstall and re install Norton soon.
The drive disconnecting or movies quiting out of nowhere still goes on.

Thanks for your support.
Ekpen.

Pages: [1]   Go Up