INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld sync conversion options work on one device WP8 but not the other USB  (Read 1242 times)

Gio300ZX

• Junior Woodchuck

I have a CD ripped to my library in flac format (plays fine). I have two handheld devices: a Windows Phone 8 and a USB drive. When I sync to either device, I want them to get mp3 (like when you sync from WMP except WMP can't deal with flac which is why I bought JRiver). The conversion options seem to be exactly the same:
Specifed output format only when necessary
MP3 Encoder
VBR Encoding Small Portable (for the USB drive)
and
Specifed output format only when necessary
MP3 Encoder
Normal (for the WP8 phone)

But the USB (Generic Storage Device E:) just refuses to convert - JRiver copies across the flac files and the car player I use the USB device in has to have either mp3 or wma (or aac).

It used to - I have some files from the previous version when I tried the trial download at the beginning of the year sitting in the JRiver Conversion folder and the same USB drive from when I did the test.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Try telling MC to always convert.

Gio300ZX

• Junior Woodchuck

OK I will try that but there are two reasons why this may not be the answer:

1) My library consists of around 100GB of albums and saved radio. Most albums are in FLAC because I ripped them (or converted from WMA lossless). About half the remainder is in mp3 or m4a. So I do NOT want to always output in a given format - just convert when needed and that's the setting I tried.

2) What is the reason why the "specified output format when needed" works on one device and not the other?

And if I do choose "always" option, I'll end up with a whole set of copies in the conversion folder which seems a bit sledgehammer/nut and I need to think about that.

Thanks for the advice.

Pages: [1]   Go Up