INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with audio: No sound [Probably a registry cleaner problem]  (Read 1968 times)

alfredmjNZ

• Recent member

I have recently purchased JRiver MC 19 and installed it on a WIN7 PC  (nothing special).
It worked fine for about 2 weeks then all audio playback stopped.
When I attempt to play anything it comes up with:  There was a problem with the audio.
It appears to have lost the audio drivers.
A reboot does not fix it.  I am about to un-install MC and try a new install.
This is my second attempt to fix this issue.  Has anyone else seen this?
It takes 2-3 days to get my music collection back in the state it was, so I'm not happy about this.
 :(

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Problem with audio: No sound
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 01:14:30 am »

It takes 2-3 days to get my music collection back in the state it was, so I'm not happy about this.

Before you uninstall MC back up your library (File --> Library --> Back Up Library) then when you re-install just restore the same library and all your settings will be restored as will your complete library. You don't need to re-import it all again.

With respect to your audio issues, does the sound still work in Windows disregarding MC. What about Windows system sounds. What type of audio files are we talking about (MP3, Ogg, Flac etc) and are all files affected or just some. What about video files, do they have sound.

Make sure the correct audio device is selected in MC settings. Goto 'Options --> Audio --> Default Audio Device'.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 11:55:26 am »

I have recently purchased JRiver MC 19 and installed it on a WIN7 PC  (nothing special).
It worked fine for about 2 weeks then all audio playback stopped.
When I attempt to play anything it comes up with:  There was a problem with the audio.
It appears to have lost the audio drivers.
A reboot does not fix it.  I am about to un-install MC and try a new install.
This is my second attempt to fix this issue.  Has anyone else seen this?

Sounds like an HDMI handshake issue. Try turning your receiver off and on again.

alfredmjNZ

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 01:31:49 am »

Sorry for the delay, was on holiday.
Problem has just happened again.  This time immediately after a registry clean-up using "RegClean Pro".
In terms of media files, most of the audio files are from iTunes (mp3, mp4a etc), nothing special.
The tip about backups was useful, thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 06:38:30 am »

Problem has just happened again.  This time immediately after a registry clean-up using "RegClean Pro".
Please don't use registry cleaners.  It's just asking for trouble.
Pages: [1]   Go Up